• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
Please read the following before posting:

This thread is for the discussion of the nightly builds made publicly available of the plussery codeset as well as other related codesets. In posting your comments, please clearly post the nightly build being tested so that the other users can clearly understand what your comments relate to.

Also, this thread is not for spamming random ideas or whining endlessly. Please post only constructive criticism. These changes are not absolute, and constructive feedback is welcome in an effort to best balance this game.

Also, please note that these are nightly builds which means they might be exploratory in nature or at times even buggy. However, they usually are plenty stable and far more up to date than the public releases.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Remember, these changes in this set are critical to be tested as they will be placed in the future official public releases for all official Brawl+ tournaments as made by the WBR. Please provide constructive criticisms!

Latest update: 9-18-2009Brawl Plussery 5.0 RC1
Code:
Will update in the morning, check the site
______________________________________________________________________________________________

How to install:

DISCLAIMER: This nightly build now REQUIRES Gecko 1.9, so you must download Gecko 1.9 for this to work.

This nightly build is for beta testing purposes only. After it is deemed stable it will be upgraded to official. This now uses Project SA .pac files for a large number of changes. It is strongly advised you use the Installation programs we have provided to install your codesets so you dont need to manually add 35 different files to your SD card. The installation program should leave your texture files untouched, but it is recommended you do a clean install or back up your textures first. Do not ever replace the files we provide (FitCharacter.pac, in which the character is one of the Brawl+ characters) as that is where many of the changes are stored.

KNOWN BUGS:
-Online wild type pokemon are autoswitching.
-Occasional end of game crash when mashing joystick directions

REMINDER:
All other non-standard sets are not endorsed or supported by the Workshop Back Room (aka Plussery) and are not tournament standard. Please do not use this thread to discuss the differences between non-standard sets and the plussery.

kupo15

Smash Hero
DISCONTINUED

THIS 6/10 SET IS UNTESTED! PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS YOU EXPERIENCE!

NEWEST CHANGES:

Updated plussery hitbox
Added Snake "Now" frame speed
Added Mk dtilt frame speed

Next set change list: (WIP)

If you get a Rocket Ship NoIse that happens occasionally for 3 seconds, I know about it. It is due to the camera codes. If you'd rather not have this noise and lose out on the amazing camera, then remove the camera codes in the text file

Main difference from the Plussery

The main goal I have for this set is the movement. My frame speed mods and hitbox mods are pretty similar differing slightly except including a couple things the plussery doesn't use because it is "unnecessary" which I state those changes. But the main thing that sets my set apart would be the pace of play and movement. It is generally faster paced than the plussery because my dash speed is higher, gravity is higher, hitstun is lower, momentum is higher, and jumps are stronger.

My set also focuses more on game mechanics and having them solve the problems of the game instead of frame speed mods. I use No air dodge in tumble and Fast fall in tumble as an example

________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________GAME CODES_______________________________________
PUT IN CODES FOLDER

GCT FILE....GCT FILE*DOWNLOAD THIS

THIS SET IS USING A NEW FORMAT

You must be using Gecko 1.09 which can be found here Gecko 1.09

You must download this file and place it in the root of your SD card

That is it!

I am only including changes that differ from the plussery set. Assume I use the same changes as the plussery unless otherwise stated

Changes:
*=Suggestions added by other users

Stages:

Corneria stage is 20% bigger
Yoshi's island Brawl is 14% bigger

Added Waiting room (select newpork city)

Movement changes

Ugrav is set for most of the cast (chart below)
Dgrav is 1.4 universally
Hitstun is .45
Momentum is 100% (Char spec momentum is the same from the plussery)
Ganon momentum is 85%
Dash speed is faster
ALR is 45%
Hitlag is 55%
Jump start is 1.34
Fixed falcon/ganon/bowser/link up b momentum
Footstool jumps are sped up 1.34x
Dash grabs cool down is sped up 1.5x

Airdodges/zairs have landing lag (I only was able to do samus' zair for now)

Shield drop lag is increased (don't know if it really does anything)
Attacked shields go away quicker (experimental)

Hitbox mod

Same as plussery

DDD Fsmash sour spot pulls in
Pit's dtilt is a meteor on both hitboxes and pulls inwards
Pit's dsmash is slightly stronger

Ganon's dsmash kicks inward
Falcon gentlemen (3rd jab)
Falcon's dair always spikes
Falcon's dtilt always sends up
Falco's dair always spikes
Zelda usmash is stronger so it doesn't combo into itself
Ike dtilt always spikes
Ike Ftilt slightly stronger

Ike's counter is stronger

Sonic's fsmash is stronger
Peach dair/fair/dsmash buffed
Nair sex kicks for the following are buffed again (MUCH MUCH more to come)
Link
Samus
Sheik
Kirby
Yoshi

Frame speed
Same as plussery
Jump start sped up 1.34x
DDD upb failed cancel lag sped up 1.35x
Sonic homing miss lag sped up 1.4x
Ivy leaf sped up 1.3x

Tech rolls 1.1x
Removed Jiggs/Ness/Zelda Frame speed (needed the space)
MK and Samus alr is 100% (I believe samus' alr was 50% in vbrawl so I kept it instead of putting it at 25%)
Lucario's soft landing lag sped up 20x
Lucario's up b is sped up

Link up b faster
Sped up upb landing lag to 1.4

Others

Air dodges have landing lag
Samus' Zair has landing lag
Unrestricted pause camera
YerocsTextures enabled
Increased shield stun to 2/3/1
No Auto jabs
No air dodging in tumble
Fast falling during tumble

Textures are turned off by default

Almas

Smash Lord
Okay, this thread is open for all to see.

Firstly, I'd like to reiterate some ground rules. Please only discuss the Nightly Builds produced in this thread. I'm okay with y'all being happy when someone updates their codes, but I don't think it really warrants a post unless you have some opinions (even if the opinions are that you love everything). You can always discuss things in the soon-to-air social thread.

Please refrain from bland comments about your preference of codeset. It's important to know if you think certain features from one set would be good in another, but saying: "X's codes are better than Y's" doesn't really help anybody.

Also, bear in mind that these are called nightly builds for a reason - we can't guarantee a game as tweaked as official Brawlplusery codesets: rather, they exist to test things out and search for glitches with new codes, or to offer an alternative playstyle for people who want a different flavour of Brawl. That said, the Brawlplusery build tends to include changes which are likely to be added to newer official sets as well as the experimental ones.

Anyway, hopefully this'll give you a place to discuss this stuff, and play with more frequently updated sets. Have fun with it!

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see Falcon/Ganon Down-B changes in. These work with the new method, right? I know they didn't work with the double GCT for some reason.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
gecko 1.9 doesnt work for me. Did everything in the instructions and after it loads the SD codes i get a 'disc read error' =(

shanus

Smash Hero
Make sure your file reads as gameconfig and not gameconfig.txt (it'll be a text file, but without the extension on its name)

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
I changed the gameconfig file. Now it says found 1101 lines of code. 425 allowed. Still getting a disc read error. Is there a possibility that the disc could be scratched in a bad spot and wont read it right?

GPDP

Smash Ace
I brought this up in the Plussery thread, but I might as well do so here as well.

I feel Marth falls too fast for how floaty his jump is. Or rather, I feel his jump is too floaty for how fast he falls. Should this be addressed?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I brought this up in the Plussery thread, but I might as well do so here as well.

I feel Marth falls too fast for how floaty his jump is. Or rather, I feel his jump is too floaty for how fast he falls. Should this be addressed?
In which set? My set should have less floaty jumping for marth and all because of increased ugrav. Should it be increased more?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble with the 5/4/09 build, too. I'm getting
Codes error. Too many codes
1058 lines of code found, 425 allowed
Unlike Darkest, though, I can still load the game through Gecko OS, but no codes are active.

I'm running the original Gecko 1.9, if there have been any changes. Also, bubbles are turned on, and I have a custom background, but those should be only cosmetic, right?

GPDP

Smash Ace
In which set? My set should have less floaty jumping for marth and all because of increased ugrav. Should it be increased more?
The Plussery set, of course. I actually like how Marth feels in your set. Well, on the way up, at least.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
I'm still waiting Fox less Winddown on his Bair =X
And i think you guys are buffing falco a little bit,he has teh laz0rs,calm down.
Ivy Multiples Up-B? Good ^^
Nice with ROB Fair changes.

shanus

Smash Hero
so many people complain about it, so its hard to make a good choice on that one guys

shanus

Smash Hero
i mean it could be that his downB always spiking is the problem. Removing that to give dorf back his jump after downB might be better.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I'd take the spike over the recovery any day.
You might as well just use dair then. It's much too risky to spike with DownB without the ability to regain your double jump. dair is almost always the easier and safer choice then.

With the DownB fix, you can actually mix things up. You can either just jump off the ledge and dair spike the opponent, or double jump and DownB spike if you feel the opponent is predicting the dair. It gives Ganon more options, and makes his edgeguarding game more dynamic. Opponents will thus have to predict if you will attempt the dair or the DownB.

Raoh

Smash Cadet
So are there any plans to do anything with the Pokemons' down B? Is there potential for something interesting?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
You might as well just use dair then. It's much too risky to spike with DownB without the ability to regain your double jump. dair is almost always the easier and safer choice then.

With the DownB fix, you can actually mix things up. You can either just jump off the ledge and dair spike the opponent, or double jump and DownB spike if you feel the opponent is predicting the dair. It gives Ganon more options, and makes his edgeguarding game more dynamic. Opponents will thus have to predict if you will attempt the dair or the DownB.
DownB is far more situational and awesome than dair, and there's no problem recovering when you do it from high up.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
For Link's Fair, I think believe that you should just greatly increase the power of his first hit. The move's best implementation was in Smash64, and that's how it worked, with both slashes being quite strong.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i find that fox has no reliable follow-ups at higher percentages from a grab.
less wind-down on upthrow plz?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
i find that fox has no reliable follow-ups at higher percentages from a grab.
less wind-down on upthrow plz?
Because this is clearly the thread to ask for buffs for your character in, right?

From the very beginning of the OP:

This thread is for the discussion of the nightly builds made publicly available of the plussery codeset as well as other related codesets. In posting your comments, please clearly post the nightly build being tested so that the other users can clearly understand what your comments relate to.

Also, this thread is not for spamming random ideas or whining endlessly. Please post only constructive criticism. These changes are not absolute, and constructive feedback is welcome in an effort to best balance this game.

Also, please note that these are nightly builds which means they might be exploratory in nature or at times even buggy. However, they usually are plenty stable and far more up to date than the public releases.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I have to say I really like what has been done with Ivysaur, but I've been really wondering about his up air. Does anyone think maybe it's a tad too strong?

I love the new Falco down B. I've been using it tons and it's so much better than the normal. It says provide feedback so here I am. This makes Falco complete to me, kind of. Him and Wolf still have something that really bothers me. Especially Wolf.

when you up B with Wolf, is there any way to get him more momentum at the end? I get really sick of going straight up to an edge, and being right next to it, and not grabbing. Not sure how this could be fixed, but it puts Wolf in a huge disadvantage at stages his >B can be dangerous at (Final D, Lylat...) same with Falco, but not as bad.

I'm really glad about Lucario's up B and Wolf's down B - these changes are so great, and should be kept in, I say. they make the characters feel "whole"

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
I think Falco reflector change need to go o.o
and Wolf,well,keep with the set KB.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Falco has alot of Set-up for combos,i think he dont need more,his Shine was not good,but no garbage,he got alot of buffs,i think hes good right now,but now with shine? o/
Wolf reflect is for combo breaker,if you guys will add KB,this will be Like Fox,but MUCH better,invencibility frame 1-5 and better range,only thing Fox is better is Shine stalling.
Wolf Bair is all he need,its too good,its godly xD.

Again,sry for bad english.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I can kind of agree with Kuga. Falco's Shine change is BA, no doubt but I'm not sure Falco really needs it. He is a very, very solid character already. Falco has to bait into his setups and he uses the Laser to pressure the opponent into that mistake. Now he can just throw his shine out there as another pressure tool. It almost always sets up right into a grab from my experience. D-throw to U-smash works a lot there too. I can't make a stance one way or another till I try it out more, just giving initial thoughts.

Wolf is a very average character and though the shine isn't going to make him start running tournaments, it is a HUGE tool in the hands of a skilled Wolf player. The question is, do average characters deserve buffs for being average?

Overall, both changes would need a whole lot of testing. We have seen a lot of heat for changing the way certain moves originally functioned (Sonic's U-smash) so we need to be careful about how we approach this. Speeding up moves or increasing their knockback is one thing, but it a whole nother playing field when you change the way a move functions at it's core. (inB4 DS) My initial impressions are this:

Falco is a great character without the Shine changes. He doesn't need it. Besides, he gives up the shine's usefulness by trying to be a badass with it and kick it. Wolf, on the other hand, is very average. Such a simple change surely made Wolf a much bigger threat, but the question is: Do average characters deserve buffs? If so there are a lot of average characters that are gonna need work soon.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Regarding Falco...

I have a few different memory cards in operation at the moment, as I want to keep separate sets for separate replays. I'd rather just have one SD card, with the latest of sets. However, I'm waiting for my capture card... I should be getting it shortly, then I can record the matches with their respective codesets. Obviously if I change the code set old replays are null.

With that said, I have a 3rd memory card, and I'll be setting that up with the latest codes, so that I can check out these Falco tweaks 1st hand.

Please don't revert Falco back (assuming you're considering doing such) until I have a chance to test him. I'm not exactly excited about his laser nerfs (as he's very much dependent of his laser), but I'll see how it affects him. I'd like to see the shine change first hand... as I do main Falco.

Being a Falco main, I can tell you that the Shine is pretty bad as is, before any tweaks. It's great for reflecting, as it reflects while retracting, however it's easily blocked, and then you're very easily punished. One of his typical set-ups for his shine is jabbing into it, however, the enemy ALWAYS has time to block before it comes out, especially if they're use to the potential combo.

Thanks Shanus, please give this change some time for more play testing!

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Well,some moves was made to be like this,his reflector is percfect for refleting,good range and fast,thats all,his Shine dont need to be changed to be a Set-up,his shine is for reflecting projects,not combo....
Fox=Better for gimp
Wolf=Better for combo Breaker
Falco=Better for reflecting projects

5ive

Smash Champion
As much as I'd love Falco's shine to be a combo starter, I think Falco doesn't need it. Falco is already a solid character, and the shine makes him a bit too over powered IMO.

It's still fun as **** though. I'll be playing on this build a lot : D

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I just got done testing it out some. I have to say i agree completely with GoG. I'm pretty conservative already when it comes to buffing characters but i think anyone who is even moderately outgoing with throwing out buffs here and there would feel pretty much the same way towards Falco. He is a GREAT character with one of the best pressure and projectile games in the game and this is just a little too good of a buff for an already good character. Though i agree with you 5ive, it sure is hella fun to do.

Now, wolf i could be a little more lenient about. Overall he is a decent character with some good qualities and some, well, not so good ones. I think it would be best if the KBG would cause this is to combo at low percents but wouldn't allow anything in the upper damage regions. Of course, we can't do this since KBG seems to be unaffected. If we can't eventually change this then i would have to say its an unneeded buff but i wouldn't be tooo upset if it was still added to the game.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Well,his Shine change is unecessary,he got a lot of buffs and he was very good before.
For a a character witch was Top(3) in vBrawl hes is very good now,i think its time to stop buffing him for now.
He just......dont need a another set-up for combos '-'

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm actually going through the process of removing a lot of frivolous changes right now (say goodbye falco shine) and many more due to player feedback. This should polish things up much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom