• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplesyrupandjam

Smash Cadet
Why am I getting a code error? It keeps keeps telling me that there are 1010 codes found and only 425 allowed or something. I've re installed the gct and gameconfig.txt and even gecko like 10 times and nothing has changed. Is this happening to anyone else??

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Why am I getting a code error? It keeps keeps telling me that there are 1010 codes found and only 425 allowed or something. I've re installed the gct and gameconfig.txt and even gecko like 10 times and nothing has changed. Is this happening to anyone else??
Call the .txt file "gameconfig", not "gamconfig.txt" . This should work but don't use the quotation marks, lol

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but "diversity" is simply not a good enough answer for me and translates to favoritism to me or it sounds like "its that way just because it is". Ganon and falcon are plenty different and the down b works completely different as well. Ganon also has the SA effect on his up b as well.

You know, CONSISTENCY is something that is also important as well. "Diversity" is a pretty poor argument if you ask me given how different ganon and falcon are.
I would argue that giving it to Falcon would be favoritism as well. You talk about how different they are then why cant they be treated differently? You sort of contradict yourself when you say that diversity is a poor argument when you say how different they are, but then you want to make it the same. I dont hear people sayin that mario's down b should reward him with another jump. In fact, if it wasnt in melee we wouldnt even be discussing this buff at all. Falcon is a great character. Would it not be favoritism to give an already good character something good when he by no means needs it? We dont fix what's not broken.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I would argue that giving it to Falcon would be favoritism as well. You talk about how different they are then why cant they be treated differently? You sort of contradict yourself when you say that diversity is a poor argument when you say how different they are, but then you want to make it the same. I dont hear people sayin that mario's down b should reward him with another jump. In fact, if it wasnt in melee we wouldnt even be discussing this buff at all. Falcon is a great character. Would it not be favoritism to give an already good character something good when he by no means needs it? We dont fix what's not broken.
I'm not playing favorites with falcon because I want it for both. Yea it was in melee, so what. Link had a semi spike with his up b and a dtilt spike which I am glad we brought back. Ganon's wizkick always spiked and I'm glad we have that. I have absolutely no problem giving back any character anything that they had in the past that worked well for them. I wouldn't mind giving falco his dair, second spike hitbox. I would even give mario's dair last hitbox a spike like it was in smash 64 or at least try it out.

I'm not biased towards falcon and shun everyone else. It just seems that way because I am trying to fight the bias against falcon from all of you. I have no problem with maximizing the move set of any character as long as it makes sense. (aka, speeding up ganon's utilt 6x is not something I would support)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Seriously, people. If you don't like kupo's set, then just play standard Brawl+, or don't use the code that you don't like. Captain Falcon was bad in Brawl, so many of us would like for him to be similar to his Melee counterpart. I, in truth, support Kupo's set all the way.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Who cares? You know how many characters rely on just that exact range to spike and still recover? How about characters like Snake that airdodge and wallhug with momentum? Characters that can dair below the stage safely and still ledgegrab? What if I want to fastfall and edgehog just a bit later?

I fail to see how using the ledge grab range in a smart way somehow takes away depth from the game. All I see is you getting annoyed at people being able to recover from what YOU think they shouldn't be able to. It is not necessarily better, just different.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I'm not playing favorites with falcon because I want it for both. Yea it was in melee, so what. Link had a semi spike with his up b and a dtilt spike which I am glad we brought back. Ganon's wizkick always spiked and I'm glad we have that. I have absolutely no problem giving back any character anything that they had in the past that worked well for them. I wouldn't mind giving falco his dair, second spike hitbox. I would even give mario's dair last hitbox a spike like it was in smash 64 or at least try it out.

I'm not biased towards falcon and shun everyone else. It just seems that way because I am trying to fight the bias against falcon from all of you. I have no problem with maximizing the move set of any character as long as it makes sense. (aka, speeding up ganon's utilt 6x is not something I would support)
Alright. I understand your logic behind it. I'm not saying your being biased for Falcon but im not being biased against him either. After all i personally love CF just as much as the next guy :bee: but im consistent in sayin that people who dont need buffs shouldnt get them unless they have a move that just makes no sense or is counter productive. In my mind CF falls into that category of being a character who doesnt need this.

Speaking of counter productive moves. Since yah fount a value that gives hitstun (atleast im assuming since hitstun was giving to Falco's down b) then i would like to finally see that inhale buff for kirby taken care of. Using the move literally gets you punished with a down air that can lead to some damage racking combos. There's no sense in having a move that punishes you for using it correctly.
I know this isnt the place to ask for buffs. It just fit in with what i was talking about.

Seriously, people. If you don't like kupo's set, then just play standard Brawl+, or don't use the code that you don't like. Captain Falcon was bad in Brawl, so many of us would like for him to be similar to his Melee counterpart. I, in truth, support Kupo's set all the way.
What in the hell are you talking about? I'm arguing for the code that's in the plussery since it was added in one of the nightly sets at one point and is being looked into being put in again for CF. I dont care if you support Kupo's codeset or not cuz that's not the set im arguing for changes in. Even if i WAS arguing for the code being in kupo's set im sure he would appreciate feedback. Just because you dont share the same viewpoint doesnt mean i shoudlnt express mine.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Who cares? You know how many characters rely on just that exact range to spike and still recover? How about characters like Snake that airdodge and wallhug with momentum? Characters that can dair below the stage safely and still ledgegrab? What if I want to fastfall and edgehog just a bit later?

I fail to see how using the ledge grab range in a smart way somehow takes away depth from the game. All I see is you getting annoyed at people being able to recover from what YOU think they shouldn't be able to. It is not necessarily better, just different.
Actually, it IS pretty unfair.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Sorry but this is not the right attitude. If people just disagreed with things and kept it to themselves, nothing would get better. I don't mind this debating stuff because I don't know everything and any and all feedback is appreciated.
Well actually, if you reduce the range to grab the ledge, the you can wait for them to get closer to the ledge and not lose any distance.
I fail to see how using the ledge grab range in a smart way somehow takes away depth from the game. All I see is you getting annoyed at people being able to recover from what YOU think they shouldn't be able to.
Using the ledge range skillfully is one thing, abusing a forgiving range is another thing. Tell me what would add more depth and excitement to the game. A ledge that is super easy and forgiving that you don't have to think twice or a ledge that makes you develop ledge skills to abuse it? Since melee, we have reverse grabbing and no roll occupancy. Two nerfs to the ledge and now you have an extreme buff in range? I don't call that competitive, I call that streamlining the ledge for the casuals in which principles this game was made on
It is not necessarily better, just different
Better is a matter of perspective. I believe a not so ridiculous ledge grab range is better competitively.

Speaking of counter productive moves. Since yah fount a value that gives hitstun (atleast im assuming since hitstun was giving to Falco's down b) then i would like to finally see that inhale buff for kirby taken care of. Using the move literally gets you punished with a down air that can lead to some damage racking combos. There's no sense in having a move that punishes you for using it correctly.
I know this isnt the place to ask for buffs. It just fit in with what i was talking about.

I think an appropriate buff would be more spitting force, right?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Well actually, if you reduce the range to grab the ledge, the you can wait for them to get closer to the ledge and not lose any distance.

Using the ledge range skillfully is one thing, abusing a forgiving range is another thing. Tell me what would add more depth and excitement to the game. A ledge that is super easy and forgiving that you don't have to think twice or a ledge that makes you develop ledge skills to abuse it? Since melee, we have reverse grabbing and no roll occupancy. Two nerfs to the ledge and now you have an extreme buff in range? I don't call that competitive, I call that streamlining the ledge for the casuals in which principles this game was made on
Better is a matter of perspective. I believe a not so ridiculous ledge grab range is better competitively.
Horizontally maybe, but the grab range extends more vertically too.

You call it abusing, I call it being smart. There is not one thing or the other, they're both the same thing its just that one is more in favor towards one side. In this case, the one not recovering.

Actually, it IS pretty unfair.

If you didn't have a Kirby avatar I don't know what I'd do. =\

shanus

Smash Hero
Updated again now with Paprika's new code. THIS SET WILL BE USED AT APEX, PLEASE TEST AND PROVIDE IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK

D

Deleted member

Updated again now with Paprika's new code. THIS SET WILL BE USED AT APEX, PLEASE TEST AND PROVIDE IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK
might it be possible to include the online waiting stage code?

D

Deleted member

it was put in as a test and everybody was like wow super cool etc.

he did have the wing refresh already though

Stevo

Smash Champion
Im not sure how much feedback you guys want in this thread, but here goes.

I like Lucario's new up-b. His attacking out of Up-b is pretty easy to see coming, but is pretty cool when you can pull it off.
However, It seems almost too hard to do a short hop fair then uair with him. Like just a slight adjustment to his jump height and/or gravity would be great, even if it was just a couple frames difference.

GPDP

Smash Ace
What code would that be? Mind sharing it with the rest of us?

You know, for testing purposes and all.

Also, I must say I am in love with the current wiztruck modification. It is a kill move at high percentages, a spike and a meteor smash, and at early percentages it can combo into a number of things if you connect with it near the ledge, such as segueing into fair, dair, uair, ganoncide, or even a wiztruck spike! It's friggin' amazing.

D

Deleted member

hehe then you should play the new PAL set
(I took the liberty of already including it there)

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Well,i still think falco shine dont need to be changed,i mean,just Speed up the winddown,buff his shine for helping reflecting projects(he was made for this)),or double de KB and speed when reflected.A Combo helper its a Huge change,everone says,''WOW,TOO GOOD,ZEXY,SO **** GOOD,AWESOME'' and things like that,but no one says,''oh,now this help him to combo''.

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
She gains vertical height if her upB clips the ledge but doesn't latch on (ledgegrab limit expired, mainly) and therefore has no cooldown afterwards. But otherwise, no flying - at least from my testing.

Shining Aquas

Smash Cadet
Haven't seen any flying Ivysaurs yet, did see an unusual flying Lucas though during a match.
Speicifcally it seemed as if he had an invisible double jump after firing an aerial PKT that didn't collide with him. He should have simply hit the floor, but seemed to simply float upward for a little while before falling.
Anybody else notice this?

Also, thank you so much for putting together the texture hack codes together with the plussery codes, made the entire endeavor SO MUCH EASIER.

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
Can't seem to download the latest pal gct from mediafire, I always get an invalid file error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom