• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I'm a little surprised I'm still in tenth. I guess I didn't attend a sufficient amount of tournies. The few I went to, I did pretty good.

Oh well, I guess I'll be kicking it up a notch, if I have a notch to kick up to.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
honorable mention? lol, i'll take it. I think the fact that i main lucas holds me back but look for me to make it up the ranks a bit for the next power rankings. good **** to my boy smurf for making 8th. congrats to everyone else

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think this power rankings list is forgetting one person. Not even an honorable mention? For shame, how quickly we forget about the man who wrecks with Link and Dair. I present to you mah boi Lawz. He definitley meets the requirements to make the rankings, get@this

He attended both Apex and CoT4, but this is sadly his most recent tourney result. It's been awhile since his last monthly but look...

TGP March Monthly
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224849
3rd out of 16
3. Lawz (Link)

??LINK??TAKINTHIRDATATOURNEYOMGWTFHAX??

A few other results. These are much older. Not as pretty either, but cmon now, cut some slack.

Final Smash '08
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213210
17th out of 33
Lawz (Link)

Battle Royal
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229925
25th out of 49
Lawz (Link)

He's attended 3 small tournaments (one being a 3rd placing) and two major tournaments. He's also ranked as 2nd best Link on the EC. He's gone even with players like Afrothunder with Link and beat's Fox's (lolbadmatchup) in MMs on Apex livestream! GET@HIM

OH AND LOL WHUT KINDA STATE LETS SONIC MAKE TOP POWER RANKINGS??? WTF GG 13TH

:p

:093:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
tbh we were only gonna do top 10, players 11-15 are lucky i decided to change that lol to give northwest PA some cred.

i remember the days of melee where being power ranked were extremely tough and truly rewarding.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Chibo, PA is trash at this game.

I'm suprised we have a power rankings, lmao
Like c'mon, let's not kid ourselves here.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lmao @ the powerankings. no offenseive to him, but how is pav not inactive?
umbra led the rankings part for north and west PA. he knows the activity requirements and said he was active.

Chibo, PA is trash at this game.

I'm suprised we have a power rankings, lmao
Like c'mon, let's not kid ourselves here.

lets not kid ourselves here, were better than ur giving us cred for

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol, not what I'm getting at, but okay.

I'm just saying that Lawz should've at least recieved an honorable mention.

@Chibo - I know we're not bad XD just sayin.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
When me and pav ranked north+west pa, lawz was actually the next one below phase i think, and mav was right below him.

pav made activity requirements with 2 spawn point tournaments and battle royale for out of area requirement

chibo, I would prob put lawz as honorable mention, it's up to you.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
When me and pav ranked north+west pa, lawz was actually the next one below phase i think, and mav was right below him.

pav made activity requirements with 2 spawn point tournaments and battle royale for out of area requirement

chibo, I would prob put lawz as honorable mention, it's up to you.
this is in no way an attack on fishy but i place higher than he does at tournaments. i would at least like an honorable mention, kinda messed up when i go to places and don't get anything.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm not really arguing with Pav's placement or anything, I'm sure he has more tourney results and the like. We'll just keep doing our thing and going to tournaments/place moar. We'll work our way up ^_^

Don't really wanna cause an uproar cuz I have mad love for my fellow PA smashers <33

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
yeah sorry if im coming up as a complete ***. it just sucks to work towards something and you kinda don't even get mentioned

_umbra_

Smash Champion
you're not coming off as an *** at all, it was just really hard to rank you guys. Me and pav really didn't have much to work with in terms of results, you phase and fishy were really hard to decide. I actually would have put mav above you guys if I didn't watch you manhandle him on apex livestream lmao

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
you're not coming off as an *** at all, it was just really hard to rank you guys. Me and pav really didn't have much to work with in terms of results, you phase and fishy were really hard to decide. I actually would have put mav above you guys if I didn't watch you manhandle him on apex livestream lmao
lol ok well thanks a lot. next time guys next time.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i have changed the honorable mentions list into a different type of list essentially, strictly for inactive players who might have broken the top 15. this way there is no dispute over how far an honorable mentions list should go skill wise if active.
because of this, i removed fury and nasty since they were active but didnt make it, and added mav since he was inactive

how do we have 11 good inactive players @_@
PA needs to get active lol

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Can I be in this!!!!!

Even though I don't live in PA, but I do goto TGP all the time and have placed in out of state b4 i guess, iunno.

OR HOWS BOUT IF I GET 1st AT TSP THIS SATURDAY THEN I GET ON LIST.

wooowowowowowowowwowoooooooooo

btw i just downloaded WoW free trial, I r going to lose life.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i would rather not reply to start a flame war

in short, do not start with this. you do this every single rankings.

the rankings are done, all panelists agree on them.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
after what xzax told me, I do believe he should be above you chibo

imo we need a rediscussion, since a lot of people are saying the rankings were done unfairly

me and pav are going to talk it over next time I see him

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh, PA <3

But yeah...so many inactive players O_o lol, we gotta step things up around here.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its because he does this literally every single rankings and im tired of it

besides, were discussing it on aim now

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Chibo but you lied to me saying you guys discussed this when you truely didn't say Umbra. Vex agrees I did better and so does Umbra, 2 of 4 panalist, and Umbra is talking to Pav about it. Next time don't tell me that you discussed it when you really didn't

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The way rankings were done

PA was split into 2

North West
and
South East

Umbra and Pav ranked North West
Vex and I ranked South East

We asked each other if they agreed with each others lists and then combined them.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
We'll what I heard from Vex and Umbra was it wasn't really reviewed. The true reason I'm going through this no hard feelings but yes, I was very immature and only argued because I was hot headed. But this season I believe I truely out proformed you. If you don't think so well thats on you but Umbra and Vex argeed I did better and from last season when everyone argued that I did better now I know I did better this season, I want this. You did good and everything but you started to lack. Umbra started to lack just as bad as you and he dropped from 5th to 7th. Now I do better then you, you lack and I do really good and you stay 4th and I only go to 5th? I don't find this very fair so I am going to argue it.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
LoCal does it again! Bringing the hype e'rywhere and making things interesting. One grab = one stock!!!11!!!1shift!1!!

I honestly would have never found this thread if I hadn't been searching Chibo's posts for some video I thought he posted a few weeks ago lol. Aside from yesterday I don't think I've seen this thread since 2007 when I first found this site =)

Aren't all of the ToS people going to the NJ thing on the 27th? Just settle it then. Until then...
MAD HYPE!!! One grab = one stock!!!11!!!1shift!1!!

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
PA's Amazingly Long List of Inactive Players Who Might Have Broken Top 15 (aka, Honorable Mentions):
-Phillyrider
-UltimoDragon
-Beat
-Jbandrew
-Squall
-Truth
-UmbreonMow
-Triad Prodigy
-Bnzaaa
-Steel2nd
-Mav
Wow really.....
not ranked this time
It's cuz i'm black ;_;

Edit: i'm preeetttyyyy sure steel and jbandrew are NJ not PA. wut da flux

M@v

Subarashii!
Wow really.....
not ranked this time
It's cuz i'm black ;_;

Edit: i'm preeetttyyyy sure steel and jbandrew are NJ not PA. wut da flux
its because we didnt make enough tourneys dude. You need like 4 since Cot4. Ive had 2, both AFTER i got out of penn state.

Honorable mention basically means you would of been in the running for the rankings if you werent inactive.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
...I've beaten smurf twice this season, as well as done many more things, beaten better people, and placed better tha he has overall. other wise i'm fine with it. I understand that i couldn't have been contacted with my recent problems nut honestly i do feel i should be ranked higher than smurf.

Like here's wins which should strengthen it, if i haven't proved myself.
I beat Smurf on two occasions at bi weeklies. One i beleive was 2- 1, and the other might have been 2- 0.
I beat Pika Pika (who alot of ranked players lost to at Apex, CHibo, AND Rush I beleive.) 2- 0
I beat Rev 2 - 0 at Battle Royale
I beat Will(DK Rogue lost to at Apex) 2 - 0
I Beat Truth In bracket 2 - 0 at SmashFEST at the shore 2.
I Beat Umbra at Battle Royale 2 - 1
I've beaten Fury (who's CHibo has lost two tice) In Bracket 2 - 0, an in a MM 2 - 0.
I've beaten Mav in a MM at Apex(can you upload that vid plz? :]) 2-0.
I beat Okin in a MM at Apex 2- 0.
I beat Yoster in a MM at Apex 2 - 0.
I Beat Buu'man who's apparently a top player in NE at Apex.
I beat Seagull at Brawl in the street who's a good Wolf from MD/VA 2 - 0
I've beaten EEVisu (beat Hylian) at Brawl in the street 2 - 0.
BadNewsBear One of the top players in TX in a MM 2 - 1.
JJ Wolf one of the top wolf players in the country MM at Apex 2 -1.
Famous Mario/Luigi (Chibo didn't you lose to him)MM at Apex 2 - 0.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
So like I'm gonna start shaking things up in PA because I moved here =) Maybe not this season though... maybe...

Top Bottom