• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Well I don't play melee competitively since I got into it too late (2008) but I enjoy playing it. Idk if Fury plays melee though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This state blows because of inactivity johns xD

Like, I would say "Don't worry, I'm gonna step it up at this ToS tournament this weekend" but I don't have transportation.

>_>

:093:

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Wow.....PA doesn't suck. And if you truely feel that way then how about you step it up. Some of us are bustin' are ***** at tournaments getting good placings, mming other regions top players and proving ourselves and then the ones who should step it up have the balls to say we suck? Go home, practice, and don't talk until you bring your game.

M@v

Subarashii!
APEX

Brawl Regional Crews
1: MD/VA
2: NY/NJ EC
3: SOUTH/FL
3: MIDWEST/CANADA
5: PA(a.k.a last)

Thanks Philly. Since I know none of PSU/Altoona was in the crew tourney. =P
Still, I don't how much we would of been able to help.

So yeah, we suck. We have to work to change it though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
for real guys, step it up
xzax's got it right

and yea, dont be quoting those results without knowledge. it was single elim, and we fought md/va first round. and we didnt have rogue or andyg. it was me 'zax tusm vex and mow. and mow and i performed not up to our usual par. only xzax and vex really did anything.

if everyone in northeast PA wants to say they suck, go on ahead. but southwest PA has worked too hard to get the state any cred we have to be told that we suck. go step it up

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Im tired of everyone just sitting at there comps, *****in' bout PA and we suck.......but completely honest, Everyone but Philly sucks, and Umbra, and a few others. We just got JBandrew. Next time theres state crews. Get JBandrew, Me, Rogue, Vex, and Chibo and we'll see who really sucks

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Anyway, let's strike up some discussion. What should be the most important factor while ranking people? This will be heavily debated by the panel, but I wish to hear the public's opinion first. Top wins, worst losses, or consistency (beating a good player once or twice meh, loosing to a bad player once or twice meh. Neither matter too much). Also, how about the role matchups play in ranking? Should a player be rewarded for practically just money matching great matchups for them or being blessed with such luck to only have good matchups in a bracket while in exchange penalizing someone for loosing a great matchup, and should we penalize players for loosing terrible matchups while in exchange rewarding them for overcoming very tough matchups.
I have a problem with the match - up part, say somebody like Clai plays Ganon where every****ing one of his matchups is hard right, if he wins against anybody and since the matchup is hard he's auto matically garnering extra poits. That would be biased, or say Xzax where every matchup is either even or in his advantage with MK (no offense) gets point deducted, that takes away form the reality and the point that people can be lethal with any character. Should somebody lose mad points because somebody hit them off with some beast *** Falcon out of no where? Of course we're all going to laugh at them, but for this to weigh in on them in rankings more heavily than it should is wrong. Besides think about it, if you did it this way people will start having to look into"what's the numbers for this matchup that this person played," or "well he beat so and so and that's pretty good but it's a 65 - 35 matchup anyway so w/e." That's just not how **** goes down.

and Xzax is right, stop *****ing and saying PA sucks when you could be spending your time, making yourself better and in that case doing something about. PA don't suck, we just don't got no credit...yet.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I wish the Umbra/Pav/Kadiev etc side of PA would play the Vex, Andy G, Xzax etc side mroe often. I think PA would grow as a state more if this were to happen.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We just need to practice more and play more smash with each other and have brotherly love and hopefully when all that bromance combines so will our smash powahsz and we wouldn't even know it 'cause he would be having to much fun. [while disregarding all obsticals, mostly johns, man up and try to get smash in your life somehow, like sneaking a friend into your house to smash!]

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Keitaro is right, but we live so far away from eachother :(

We need more reading tournaments, or maybe one in allentown lol

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
We need more tournaments period. Or, like an intrastate Brawl fest. Something, I can't get better fighting the same people over and over again.

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
all I know is I've been in this transition phase since like april where I haven't had a really good character to use, haven't played oli enough recently (and he's bad) and haven't played snake enough in general

rest assured when I'm back living in PA I am going to dominate again

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
all I know is I've been in this transition phase since like april where I haven't had a really good character to use, haven't played oli enough recently (and he's bad) and haven't played snake enough in general

rest assured when I'm back living in PA I am going to dominate again
i dont even know you and i know your bad

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lmao@thread

People are gettin' a little too serious on teh interwebs it seems. Just joking in good fun. When I say "PA sucks" it's more of a "Wow, NY/NJ is so much better AS A REGION then PA is" not that the entire state of PA has absolutely no good players >_>

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Well saying that won't help....You need to step it up. We have been gettin' better. Vex has been winning tournaments, getting top placings at BIG *** tournaments, I've been holding my own at Nationals, so does Rogue, Chibo, AndyG. Umbra gets 4th when NJ travels to his region of PA. We are getting better, don't stop and give up now. Believe that you can get better, go practice, get smarter, and ****.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well saying that won't help....You need to step it up. We have been gettin' better. Vex has been winning tournaments, getting top placings at BIG *** tournaments, I've been holding my own at Nationals, so does Rogue, Chibo, AndyG. Umbra gets 4th when NJ travels to his region of PA. We are getting better, don't stop and give up now. Believe that you can get better, go practice, get smarter, and ****.
I fully agree and I'm not trying to derail any of PA players achievement.

I just need to step it up, cuz I've been too slow ^_^ We also need to do a better job at not having such a giant inactive players list xD

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Well your right, but the panelist and the ranked players can't do anything about that. Its all up to the players themselves to get up, go whoop some ***, and stop being inactive.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
ima start calling you lil naruto

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
dominate by stealing bases and running away from dogs?
yes :-p

>_>

What?
Olimar is annoying as balls but against a select group of common characters, if they really know the matchup it's basically impossible to even consider winning. Regardless of whether I think that or not, Olimar has just bored me to death so I have all but dropped him.

i dont even know you and i know your bad
You're a moron

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
How am I not on here? -_- I know I introduced myself.

Brawl Name: Rave
Cell: 484-614-8290

About me: My main is Marth and I second Falco and Wario. I play many other characters as well. I plan on attending tourneys this summer, if there are any. :/ I would also like to get to the top on the power rankings.

If there are ANY tourneys in PA, PLEASE send me a message with a bit of information on it. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
sorry, but I forgot to mention that I am in Montgomery County. Anyone in this area, please message me! We could get together and brawl sometime offline! Plus, I have a few friends who play brawl pretty well, perhaps we could set up a PA tourney or somethin'.

M@v

Subarashii!
I wish the Umbra/Pav/Kadiev etc side of PA would play the Vex, Andy G, Xzax etc side mroe often. I think PA would grow as a state more if this were to happen.
This. Basically, the two major crews in PA, Teched out Enterprises(Umbra, Pav, Me, and company) have to play Titans of Smash(Chibo and the gang) more often. Its hard, especially in summer, since ToE in particular is all spread out.(Im in pittsburgh, camalange in allentown, umbra in scranton, you get the idea). When PSU is in session, a good chunk of us are there. Its only 3 hours from philly. I really can't travel much(I especially have to crack down on schoolwork this upcoming semester), but we can try to arrange 1 or 2 smashfests.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
actually we're going to try psu monthlies this fall :) nothing set in stone yet, but from what I understand we're forming a fruity little club so we can get a venue lol

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Olimar is annoying as balls but against a select group of common characters, if they really know the matchup it's basically impossible to even consider winning. Regardless of whether I think that or not, Olimar has just bored me to death so I have all but dropped him.
It's ironic to hear this cause I always thought Olimar was a boring character and wondered how someone so aggressive (that's my personal opinion) could play Olimar and live with it.

I'm happy you're deciding to main someone else. I'll probably be going to Impact's South Jersey tourney this summer. Here's the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7718105#post7718105

I know around the area you live so if you come to that hopefully we can do a bunch of friendlies to help bring the new character to it's possible greatness
lol, it's Andy G just in case you didn't know Slik :p

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Name: Rave
E-Mail: joeirish925@comcast.net
Cell: 484-614-8290
County: Montgomery County
Main in Brawl: Marth
Main in Melee: Ganondorf
I'm really looking forward to being active and going to a lot of tourneys in PA, so if anyone has any info on any upcoming tourneys of any kind, please let me know. Also, if there's anyone near me who wants to brawl/melee, just hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

Top Bottom