• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
northeast pa and philly have brawl events pretty often, and state college will in the fall

what we really need is good sized melee events that aren't so far away from meeeee

Phase

Smash Apprentice
interesting choice on going with top 15 instead of 10. i just wana say thanks for even being considered :) tho i dont think people should care so much about rankings, though it can be fun.

i really need some appealing tournies to come my way... i feel like ive been dead.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Rankings promote competition which then create better turnouts at tournaments. Everyone's gunning to be looked at as one of the best Brawlers, or Melee-ers for that matter, in the state. Even though we're not an incredibly strong state, we have some really good players, which makes competing for the rankings challenging and fun.

Besides, who doesn't like to be put on a list? Everyone wants to be on a list.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Chibo is definitely better than Xzax and should be 4th rank.

Chibo is also lucky that someone as bad as Xzax is the one challenging him for his 4th rank...while I have to deal with ksizzle, who is actually incredible.

<3 Xzax.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I approve of TUSM's post.

:D

:093:

Scar

#HarveyDent
Melee Rankings:

1) Cactuar
2) Scar
3-5) ?

Includes Pakman and surely 2 of Pittsburgh's finest. At this point a PA list is really silly and inconsequential IMO

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
...I've beaten smurf twice this season, as well as done many more things, beaten better people, and placed better tha he has overall. other wise i'm fine with it. I understand that i couldn't have been contacted with my recent problems nut honestly i do feel i should be ranked higher than smurf.

Like here's wins which should strengthen it, if i haven't proved myself.
I beat Smurf on two occasions at bi weeklies. One i beleive was 2- 1, and the other might have been 2- 0.
I beat Pika Pika (who alot of ranked players lost to at Apex, CHibo, AND Rush I beleive.) 2- 0
I beat Rev 2 - 0 at Battle Royale
I beat Will(DK Rogue lost to at Apex) 2 - 0
I Beat Truth In bracket 2 - 0 at SmashFEST at the shore 2.
I Beat Umbra at Battle Royale 2 - 1
I've beaten Fury (who's CHibo has lost two tice) In Bracket 2 - 0, an in a MM 2 - 0.
I've beaten Mav in a MM at Apex(can you upload that vid plz? :]) 2-0.
I beat Okin in a MM at Apex 2- 0.
I beat Yoster in a MM at Apex 2 - 0.
I Beat Buu'man who's apparently a top player in NE at Apex.
I beat Seagull at Brawl in the street who's a good Wolf from MD/VA 2 - 0
I've beaten EEVisu (beat Hylian) at Brawl in the street 2 - 0.
BadNewsBear One of the top players in TX in a MM 2 - 1.
JJ Wolf one of the top wolf players in the country MM at Apex 2 -1.
Famous Mario/Luigi (Chibo didn't you lose to him)MM at Apex 2 - 0.
Well, I'm not gonna lie, no one on the panel knew like even a third of these MMs... I know we haven't been able to contact you, but keep a running blog or something you can link us to, that's what I do, I update it after every tourney.

Also...
I lost to Fury once very early in the season, haven't faced him a second time
and I beat Famous, not lost. Vids online.

Overall, I'm not sure yet if this would get you over Smurf. It might.

I hate Brawl rankings. It's like a whole bunch of triangle rankings. Like Player A beats B who beats C who beats A. How do you rank those 3 in order?

I think we need to reevaluate the rankings (top 4-10)
Agreed, I wanna look over it again, and redefine exactly how we determine whose better than another. Also, I want only the panelists to discuss this. Whenever outside people get in on it, it causes a lot of unneeded arguing and it gets us no where.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Just spitting out my random opinions.

I don't know of anything Vex did to be 1st.

I wonder how Chibo is still 4th but I guess everyone else needs to just step it up.

I don't know why Tusm is so low.

That's all.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
How does it not, i mean stacking up i'm pretty sure i edge him out at least somewhat, and still I beat him twice. How does that not count?
I'm not gonna ***** and moan about it like some kid we all know <3, but I still think i deserve the higher spot.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
All I know is that Fury is one that for sure will surprise people by how much he's improved when they play him again v_v... we live 2 mins away from each other so that means non-stop brawlz when we haz the chance xD.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
All I know is that Fury is one that for sure will surprise people by how much he's improved when they play him again v_v... we live 2 mins away from each other so that means non-stop brawlz when we haz the chance xD.
you should both come to scranton sometime :)

do you play melee at all?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Wow, its only a ranking, :/.

Chibo dont take your opinion into account with skill lvl, just use results.

Panelist, you need to all talk to each other at the same time.

2some... Quit lyfe.

dotcalm I lost to will in pools at 1am...I money matched him the next day, when I woke up... For $5bucks and 2-0d him.

Pa does suck.

Stop sweating a list of opinions :/ you dont gain anything from it but cockiness, maybe slight motivation but who cares.... what changes?

Last words: Solo Tiempo Puede Contar

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There has to be SOME sort of personal opinion in how players are.

After all, determining whose wins are better are personal opinion.

Going back however to the whole if A>B>C>A what's the order of ranking, this is sort of where opinion has to come in. That is of course only if panelists can agree. I also like how JFox laid it out in the NJ Finder, where in a head to head if overall results are too close to tell apart, then you use the head2head, and then opinion as a final result.

Things are a lot tougher with Brawl with the counterpicking system, the extreme influence matchups have in the metagame, and more.

It's a little annoying at how many people reply like thinking it's just rankings, nothing much (as Rogue's was the latest and reminded me about many people's mentality in this). This is partially why we're lacking overall as a state. We don't have that many players that really care or thrive for competitive play. Then they turn around and say PA sucks, why aren't we better? Geeez, I wonder why?

This is the coolest state yet there's so many problems with it :/

Also Camalange, I have a remote or something of yours that's for a TV I guess. I saw it at Inui's and thought you must have left it there at Apex and figured I would see you again before he would.

Anyway, let's strike up some discussion. What should be the most important factor while ranking people? This will be heavily debated by the panel, but I wish to hear the public's opinion first. Top wins, worst losses, or consistency (beating a good player once or twice meh, loosing to a bad player once or twice meh. Neither matter too much). Also, how about the role matchups play in ranking? Should a player be rewarded for practically just money matching great matchups for them or being blessed with such luck to only have good matchups in a bracket while in exchange penalizing someone for loosing a great matchup, and should we penalize players for loosing terrible matchups while in exchange rewarding them for overcoming very tough matchups.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Chibo, you just said a mouthful. I know you panelists look at a lot of info, but....my god, that's a LOT of tourney stuff to go through. You panelists put in a lot of time and effort, and can only imagine the pressure you feel, releasing a new PR.

As for what to look for first? Honestly, I wouldn't know where to begin.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sumo_066
AIM: sumo449 E-mail: sumo_066@hotmail.com
Cell#: (407) - 301 - 4542 Age: 19

Philadelphia County

Hello, my name is Carlos Matos. I just moved here to Philly, and I love to play smash. I just applied to Temple University, with the Major of Evironmental Science. I like to play all three smash games, but especially Melee. I main Doctor Mario, and I also try to practice with Shiek at times. (but mostly Doc) I don't have a car yet, so I'll probaly be using the bus. I don't even know how to get to anywhere here, jeez got lost here so many times, haha. Of course, I'll also attend tournies/smashfests when I can, and hopefully if I have some monies on me too haha.

But yeah, I want to get better in smash, and also have fun. So call me (after 7:00 pm, free minutes ;3), or text me.

Edit: I wasn't accepted to Temple, due to low gpa. I'll be going to Harcum College instead.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also Camalange, I have a remote or something of yours that's for a TV I guess. I saw it at Inui's and thought you must have left it there at Apex and figured I would see you again before he would.
Oooh, well thanks for the concern, but I honestly don't need it.

^_^

You can do whatever you'd like with it, lol

:093:

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
2Some my comment to you wasn't pertaining to the events in this thread, I was just tellin you to quit lyfe.

Chibo
It's a little annoying at how many people reply like thinking it's just rankings, nothing much (as Rogue's was the latest and reminded me about many people's mentality in this). This is partially why we're lacking overall as a state. We don't have that many players that really care or thrive for competitive play. Then they turn around and say PA sucks, why aren't we better? Geeez, I wonder why?

But..... I don't care about rankings... and thrive for competitive play?!

You can't force activity out of people, I don't get why people care so much about what others think of them. O_o

D

Deleted member

Dear Rogue Pit,

You can't defeat me!

Sincerely yours,
Professor Oak.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Umbreon, you've still yet to battle me in Pokemon ever. I'm not up on my singles game, but I challenge you in doubles. Double Cup rules.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i thought i went to enough tournaments before i quit lol

all well

edit: btw if you guys are going to redo the top 10 or so I'd appreciate it if you looked at my stuff again from .. january was when it started? i dunno, either way i feel i went to enough stuff and beat enough people to be in top 10. if i didn't its w/ez tho

Top Bottom