• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hes aerials are good when hes coming down from high above (although nades are better). hes aerials suck as an approach or coming back from the ledge.

:D

Browny

Smash Hater
Sonic mains that use down-b as their only approach and spam spring-dair are not '****'

b-revering greandes in mid-air is completely broken.

y so srs ted? u didnt exactly put up a very strong argument. at least elaborate on your points before giving up and resorting to sarcasm :/

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah I'm not gonna argue the general situation but against characters like wolf, snake's aerials are paper to the flame.

ted is right, snake has to dance around wolf in the air, but cant go head to head with him

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok I'll elaborate. I'm not arguing that snake doesn't have options when he is above someone. Wavebouncing grenades is amazing for sure I'll agree with that. But saying that using his aerials from above against a character who is good at juggling with uair and a player who times their uair well is just ridiculous.

If someone came to me and asked me "What is something I can do against snake with wolf?" I would answer, "Get him in the air, get below him and time your uair to beat his airdodges".

The fact is that snake's hitbox on all aerials he could use from above is pretty much his hurtbox aswell. This means that any character with a disjointed hitbox can beat them.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sonic mains that use down-b as their only approach and spam spring-dair are not '****'
This reminds me of a certain Sonic when I play him on wifi in 3/4 ways with Ant included.....
Oh, and in person too. :laugh:

Snake gets juggled; just not as easily as he used to be. But why bother to juggle him; it's better to keep him low so you can **** his recovery off stage...

Attila... In your match against Chris in Melbs...

He didn't even try to juggle you, all he did was wait for the nade to explode inbetween your nade camping and punish with tornado, dtilts and baited rolls to hit with dsmashes.

About the only times you hit him was when he decided to actually approach while you had a nade out (opposed to waiting) or from a misspaced aerial.
Lucky for you for every 5-10 hits MK has on Snake, Snake only needs maybe 2 or 3 to cover the damage difference.

In other words he didn't need to try to juggle you; he let you flail around, let you STAY AT stage height, then just shuttle looped you when you were off stage when you weren't bothered to C4 yourself to avoid the shuttle loop cypher ****.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Well then, it's fortunate I don't know any Sonic players like that. If I did I may have mistaken them for actually being good, thanks for the tip!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ITT: Delicious lols.

DELICIOUS.

On another note, I think when Team Australia makes top 8 in genesis we should get points in the Aus rankings as well :)
Agreed.

ten hundred agreements.

We'll see though... lol.

"400 entrants"

$40+ entry...

even if one of us get 7th it will be like instant no.1 (or maybe no.2 coz of meta hax)

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh god I hope someone busts out pit as their secret CP at genesis and owns everyone and makes him god tier in this list

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
inb4 an entire row full of snoring smashers.

In some ways I sure am glad I'm taking a flight the week after... gonna be so bored though. :/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Being our quietest Brawl month since February of this year, June was slightly disappointing. With over all lower turnouts throughout the month, and only four tournaments, we are shaping up to continue this trend for at least into next month (July) whilst Australia's major east coast tournament organisers (CAO, Vyse, tedeth, Luke and maybe myself) are all overseas for Genesis. This month also did not have any Queensland tournaments; but at least this won't be the same for next month's WinterSmash, as well as Perth not holding any either.

In retrospect we can account for lower turnouts due to the busy exam period for many of the Smashers at university, and also the coincidence of our TOs having unavoidable circumstances holding them back.

I hope everyone enjoys Smash whilst we're away representing Australia in the United States; I hope you wish us good luck, and hope to see you all again soon. Most likely at Rocky this October.

-Shaya

June 2009 (4 tournaments)

= "We love Smashville" 07/06/09 =
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7558082&postcount=1187
Entrants: 18. Entry: $20.

1 Shaya (Marth, Dedede)
2 Tedeth (Wolf, Wario)
3 tcranter (Pokemon Trainer)
4 luke_atyeo (Snake)
5 zero (Zero Suit Samus)
5 S.D (Diddy Kong, Pit)
7 Gords (Diddy Kong)
7 Scoot (Meta Knight)

= "StreekGeek 1v1 Brawl" 12/6/09 =
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7605989#post7605989
Entrants: 22. Entry: $9.

1 DJBrowny (Sonic, Snake)
2 Ant (Ganondorf)
3 Desert Eagle (Fox, Donkey Kong)
4 Asura (Mr. Game & Watch)
5 W150 (Olimar, Kirby)
5 Apollo (Zero Suit Samus)
7 2SXC Dave (Marth, Pikachu)
7 Woodstar (Kirby)

= "Ant's a Douche" 14/06/09 =
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7613771&postcount=2232
Entrants: 15. Entry: $15.

1: Meteor (Ness, Lucas)
2: Scoot (Snake, Falco)
3: S.D (Diddy, Dedede)
4: Tedeth (Wolf)
5: Luke (Snake)
5: Scar (Meta Knight)
7: Zero (Zero Suit Samus)
7: Bjay (Wario)

= "Stigma-B" 28/06/09 =
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7747128&postcount=3289
Entrants: 34. Entry: $5.

1. Tibz (Diddy kong)
2. Earl (Meta Knight)
3. Splice (Game and Watch)
4. Toshiba (Diddy Kong)
5. Nixernator (Zero Suit Samus)
5. Tanman (Sonic)
7. Devil (Wolf)
7. Nicks (Meta Knight)

= "Stigma-B" Low tier 28/06/09 =
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7749013&postcount=3294
Entrants: 19. Entry: $5. Banned: 8%.

1. Attila (Lucas, Samus)
2. Jei (Yoshi, Jigglypuff)
3. T-Rex (Captain Falcon)
4. Viva (Mario)
5. Ugly (Ganodorf)
5. Joey Joey Joe Joe (Pokemon Trainer)
7. Tibz (Mario, Link)
7. Edge Games (Ike)

Zero

Smash Hero
Awww yeah, ZSS moves up 8 places. High five, Nix, but our work isn't done yet.

I thought you were going too, Toby. And Shaya, are you implying that you aren't going anymore either?

Browny

Smash Hater
Ugh... I cant keep Lucario up by myself while having to rep Sonic as well! need moar halp guys.

Ganons new rank is almost as amazing as his buffs in Balanced Brawl lol...

Zero

Smash Hero
Brawl+, balanced, lol.

That's like saying Smash 64 is balanced because everyone is equally broken.

Didn't realise there was ANOTHER mod project.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Brawl + is better. Have fun on your 21 hour long flight people. I bet you will.

Top Bottom