• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Okay, it's more like, I know Lucario has potential, but nobody around here plays him. It's so sad that there's just not enough regular players for every character, but, that's Australia and it's lame population per square kilometer for ya.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
[Tournament 'placers']:

Yet there's like 10 Pit mains.
Too many Wolf mains.

Quite a few Snakes (natural)
quite a few meta knights (reality)

(0) no wario 'mains' (Yet ted, myself have played him in tournaments; DJB is developing his)
(1) No real falco mains (Yet again I've used him in tournaments, but not regularly; swordsaint uses him but only when he has **** advantage over opponent)
(2/3) twoish diddy mains; one of which who places high (sorry vyse/gords)
(1) I'm the only real dedede player in the country... I think there's Scrubs using him in QLD sometimes? But I use dedede quite a bit...

(2? 2.5?) There are some Marth mains out there, but none to the same 'esteem' as myself (one in Adelaide and like half of one in Perth)
(1) game and watcher in melbourne
(0) No pikachu MAINS
(0) No real olimar mains (minor secondary users);
Some Ice Climber mains who haven't stepped out in any viable way (3/4 across east coast...)
(0) rob mains
(1) kirby main

(1) Lucario... DJBrowny..
(2) ZSS -> Zero and the Adelaide guy
(1/2) Toon Linkers...
(50) pits *sigh*
(2) Donkey kongs

And who cares about C tier downwards (LOL)

But the only main ones are Wolf, Fox, Ness, Pokemon Trainer and Peach. All having like one or two mains each tops.

In other words, any meta game we've developed on our own (i.e. not 'ripped off' from the SMASHBOARDS metagame which is heavily influenced by the AMERICAN metagame) isn't really substantial in numbers, opinions, or anything. Hell throughout the entire A-B tier; most characters have only one or ZERO mains each.

How can we really create a list when we'd be full of so much bias?
It would hurt.
Because whilst I may be picking about some placements of the characters on the American tier list, I am mostly aligned in their tier definitions and the characters that are in them.
Anyone who doesn't have a similar view isn't necessarily wrong; but I'd presume they wouldn't be as knowledgeable to think otherwise. And they'd have to be pretty GOOD at explaining why they'd feel so different.

That's the thing, someone will say "OH YAR PIT" and id be like, well in reality pit gets owned by these people, which get used a lot, for these reasons. And then you'd be like "well people don't use that here". WHOA.

If it was going to be some sort of anonymous vote thing, it would be silly. If people were going to voice why they thought a character should be ranked as follows, I would most likely be able to tell them why they're wrong.

Browny

Smash Hater
Shaya take a look at how I did my member voted list and tell me if you think that is a viable idea (alterations/restrictions required...). Like, even if tons of people in melb voted pit up repeatedly because he wasnt high enough (lets say #12 or so), doesnt mean he would ever increase a single spot if everyone else doesnt agree...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Also there's zero Wario representation in QLD o_O.
scrubs is a wario main is he not.

also shaya you've left quite a few off your list, like 0 ROB mains? what about accelerate?

lucario? toby's roommate liam has a mad lucario, ****ing sugar copter pwns
mario? we've got some in ACT, and theres a good one in melbourne so I hear

what about luigi? I think I'm the only person to have ever used luigi in an australia tourney, like wtf is that all about.

there are plently of players out there that we are forgetting

anyways you guys have been argueing over wheter or not your gonna make this for a while, so just stop argueing and make it already, we all know its just for the lol's and wont prove anything so stop getting so worked up eh?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
He's talking about players who have placed (in the top 8, I assume).

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I don't really understand these ideas of people wanting a tier list to explain where Australia's current metagame is at. Isn't the character ranking list already doing so in an unbiased manner?

tedeth

Smash Master
I think the idea is that players are determining a characters position on the ranking list more than the characters themselves. I personally don't think it's necessary to have a tier list because, as Shaya said, our metagame is just a cheap ripoff of the American metagame.

Browny

Smash Hater
unbiased through opinion...
horribly biased through the very limited tourney rep almosy every character except a few get

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Smashed in Smashfield MWC: East Championships June 20th
$10
80 entrants

1: Ally ($325.09) :snake:
2: Lain ($149.00) :popo: :dedede:
3: Anther ($94.82) :pikachu2:
4: Judge ($54.18) :metaknight:
5: Hunger ($27.09) :wario:
5: Shugo ($27.09) :sonic:
7: YBM :kirby:
7: Grimace :snake:
its good to see America getting more and more diversity now it isnt just all MK anymore, sonic in top 8 woo, if only we had a sonic that could pwn everyone here.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
dont think pit could/should be high? japan certainly think he is... i think in this way, we arent necessarily aligned with the us, at least not as completely as people are making out that we are. and yeah, tibs' dominance in melb has shown that in aus, diddy would probably rank third, replacing wario.

and yeah, flamers seriously need to find something better in their lives to get angry about, cause my curiosity is not something to get angry about. if this enrages you, then seek help. seriously.

@luke: tibs' rob would kick accelerates ***. his mario is seriously annoying too. he'll pull him out in a tourny one day... oh, and we have a good sonic, tanman, he came 2nd that one time... dunno what happened after that lol

@shaya: cobalt has a disgusting d3. then again, he has a disgusting everything...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
even more reason to come down to melbourne, epic rematch between us attila and then I gotta play tanman, I MUST PLAY A **** SONIC!

also tibs is just pwn in general

Toby.

Smash Master
its good to see America getting more and more diversity now it isnt just all MK anymore, sonic in top 8 woo, if only we had a sonic that could pwn everyone here.
Diversity, eh?

MD/VA C3 June Judgement Day 6-20
10$
50 entrants

1: Atomsk (Metaknight/Ice Climbers/Pit/GAW/DDD)
2: Meep (Ice Climbers)
3: Omni (Metaknight)
4: Chu (Kirby/Ice Climbers)
5: Azen (Metaknight)
5: P~S (Olimar)
7: Xero (Metaknight)
7: Plairnkk (Metaknight)
Aaaaah brawl. What a game! :)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Australia's metagame reminds me of MVC2's metagame.

THERES ONLY 6 CHARACTERS PEOPLE CAN USE MAX.

If only they hadn't ****ed up Captain Falcon just to put that gay *** Sonic in.

Siiiiiiiiiiigh.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I play Lucario and Fox. =/
And others, obviously, but I want to use those 2 the most because they're cute and fluffy.
I thought a lot of people played Lucario, lul.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I think an Aussie tier list is silly. SILLY! (I don't really have anything to add reasons-wise, Shaya pretty much said it all for me.)

4: Chu (Kirby/Ice Climbers)
osht, Chu using Ice Climbers in Brawl? o:

I'm impressed. Return of the King, etc. etc. (I hope... sorry Lain, I love you too, promise. ;_; )

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't want to admit it, but Kaion proved how tournament viable Samus is. In a 'My name's Toby and I main Pokemon Trainer' kind of way.

Browny

Smash Hater
I MUST PLAY A **** SONIC!
get your wifi working lol... No johns, only legit excuses allowed!

Also toby just owned this thread.

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO ASSUME BRAWL WAS BALANCED

Bam. reality check

@ Sirias
Lucario is seriously the most underplayed high tier character in Australia. I know of only one other Lucario main across entire Australia. But you cant blame people, lack of spammable attacks and easy KO moves is enough to turn people away, even if he has all his other really good traits :(

swordsaint

Smash Master
Not to bring Kaion and your opinions of him down a notch, but how can someone who palced 13th in two tournaments in a row using a supposed "non-viable for tournaments" character inspire anyone?

Reality check. He didn't do THAT well with a character that is meant to be non-viable. If anything, Kaion went and PROVED Vyse's statement.

Attila_

BRoomer
he used a character id never seen used before, and someone he doesnt actually main, and almost beat me a couple of times. actually now that i think about it, i struggled more against him that i did against you, ss. does that make him better?

Yes, Samus has NEVER gotten a top 8 placement in Australia (in a real tournament) since August of last year.
this will change on sunday.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
throwback from Canberra plays quite a good samus, he doesn't do too well but I reckon its the character holding him back more than anything, I struggle against him too when he puts his mind to it.

samus does well against snake but has too many bad matchups.

lol scoot you shouldn't **** talk it up to a low tier user, makes you look bad.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
get your wifi working lol... No johns, only legit excuses allowed

ok hows this for a legit excuse, wifi is **** and I hate it.

mmm I've been thinking of setting it back up again to play against the other Canberra players and stuff.
maybe convince toby to play me and pwn me.

Throwback

Smash Lord
c'mon luke, scott was hardly trash-talking, just arguing that samus is unviable.

If someone can get top8 with samus I'll be happy, but I'm more inclined to think they will switch back to their main after they lose matches they should have won.

Having said that, I personally think my failure to do well with samus is due to my faults as a player rather than the faults of the character.

Attila_

BRoomer
Not to bring Kaion and your opinions of him down a notch
not an argument.

someone who palced 13th in two tournaments in a row using a supposed "non-viable for tournaments" character inspire anyone
not an argument

Reality check.
not an argument.

i dont think he was arguing as much as he was paying out.

Throwback said:
If someone can get top8 with samus I'll be happy, but I'm more inclined to think they will switch back to their main after they lose matches they should have won.
since i won the last tourny, i said i would be strictly low tier for the next one (proper low tier, like, the bottom two). i was already pretty good with lucas, and then i picked samus up after watching kaion play. so ill be using both of them against everyone else. i wont win or anything, but i think everyone would be surprised what samus can actually do. the same goes for the likes of bowser, link and co.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
get your wifi working lol... No johns, only legit excuses allowed!

Also toby just owned this thread.

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO ASSUME BRAWL WAS BALANCED

Bam. reality check

@ Sirias
Lucario is seriously the most underplayed high tier character in Australia. I know of only one other Lucario main across entire Australia. But you cant blame people, lack of spammable attacks and easy KO moves is enough to turn people away, even if he has all his other really good traits :(
Lucario's probably more popular than Peach -_-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Speaking of Peach, I need to contact Paff and team with him for Genesis Brawl doubles.

Peach + Diddy ftw.

Throwback

Smash Lord
since i won the last tourny, i said i would be strictly low tier for the next one (proper low tier, like, the bottom two). i was already pretty good with lucas, and then i picked samus up after watching kaion play. so ill be using both of them against everyone else. i wont win or anything, but i think everyone would be surprised what samus can actually do. the same goes for the likes of bowser, link and co.
Good luck, hope you do well.

(...Bowser's already recognised as solid character, yes?)

Browny

Smash Hater
Zero suit samus is easily more popular than Lucario

Apollo, Nix, Zero and Seig all main her right?
Lucario has me, Lycan (from melb) ... ?

and cao, Peach doesnt count coz shes not high tier lol. i mean, compare luigi users to peach :p

w/e luke but if you MUST PLAY A **** SONIC PLAYER as you put it, dont act like theres something stopping you. Its all your choice

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
haha surprise mother****ers, I have more than 1 wii :)

and when I say play I mean offline, online isnt playing.
and since every tourney I go to doesn't have sonic players thats whats stopping me

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Scott you dirty HAIRY tier *****, I came third in teams as Samus with Jaymz so shut your word hole. I didn't get knocked out too early either and I also managed to beat Hotdog's Kirby once with Samus (only to lose to his MK) and I beat Vyse's Diddy once with Samus too in a tourney battle. That takes much more effort than picking Falco & chaingrabbing your way to victory (poor Jezmo!). Elitism FTL...

<3 Vyse

<3 <3 Attilla (spell?) :dizzy:

Funny that, you've actually inspired me to play with Snake's mines since that tourney. I feel we have a lot to offer each other. :)

I'm hoping to get Samus a place in the July 4 tourney (assuming I don't pull Amaterasu round 1 again!) but I've been showing way too much love for Sonic lately so I don't know how I'll go with Samus.

Scabe has a **** Link :p

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
You should have seen me 2-0 him in pools.

OHHHHHH.

(I hate Link he's so gay what is this I don't even)

Top Bottom