• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Browny

Smash Hater
Link isnt that bad guys lol, he always does decent against snake. links major weakness is just about unexploitable for snake. outranging him on the ground and zair spam is incredibly useful against snake, he has no answer to it.

put link against falco, DDD, MK, marth or anyone who can edgeguard reasonably well and its a different scenario :p

no way in hell link is bottom tier lol. I think I beat Jeis pit with link :p either way we were both at like 170% last stock i dont remember who won lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I would say Link is one of the few characters who can bolster an even match up with the top tier Snake.

Link has pretty good bases (in some areas), and a wide array of options.

His downfall is his ... down falling. And Snake does not play for this.

Having a character who outranges you, has similar power than you, and has the exceptional tools with arrows, bombs and boomerangs (Toon Link does pretty well against Snake as well because of this), it's an alright thing going.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
tink is more so troublesome for snake because of fair and bair wop. it like, 10% to 60% and theres nothing you can do about it...

swordsaint

Smash Master
Oh boohoo. I argue something from my perspective and get accused of **** talking and have abuse hurled at me. Thanks guys, really mature, yeah?

Attila, I distinctly remember taking a match off of you. The reason I did so bad on the last game was because of Norfair, I have played that stage maybe once or twice and had no idea how to play on it. I'm johning, I know, but I don't care. You've played that stage before, know Snake's strengths and weaknesses on it and know how to use the stage to your advantage. That's called an advantage. And hey, that advantage DOES mean you're better than me, I'm not arguing against that. You had more knowledge so you won.

All I said was if Samus was tournament viable, Kaion would've done better. Did you read that at all? Means SAMUS was the problem, not Kaion. I **** TALKED Samus and admitted Kaion was better than what he places. Learn2read.

I LAG

Smash Lord
link and samus are good against tall characters coz they can use ZAIR very effectively against them.
imo snake sucks against low tier
like against link, captain falcon, samus imo snake has no more than a 60/40 advantage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You're a fool ILAG.

Grenade countering ***** 80% of the cast.
Samus and Link happen to have moves more disjointed than the grenade explosion.
EVeryone who doesn't loses to Snake, badly.

Unless they have some HIGH/TOP TIER QUALITIES.

Btw, I believe the Falcon boards consider Snake his harder match up.

Attila_

BRoomer
***: that was clearly not your intended message. you had a go at kaion, and everyone here understood it that way. seriously, try to get over yourself, cause such arrogance and disregard is quite unnecessary here. and you did take a match off me, i remember too, i cyphered under the stage at 40% and at the end of the last match you were on your last stock with over 100%. you said you shouldve won, but in reality, i won because im better, and thats it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lols just to clarify scoot you didn't argue from your perspective but rather said something unnecessary that would have been better left unsaid,

also djb if you know they're going to zair you start crawling as the jump and they wont have enough time to do anything because you'll tilt them as they're touching the ground, unless they realize and mix it up with some dair, but that probably wont reach, so theres not much link can do about it, so they stop zairing. samus is a little harder because of its hax range but if you can powershild in a bit closer then the same thing applies.

so many people, snake noob's included, forget about crawling, any character with a WOP that ***** snake, gets countered by crawling.

you might say it out ranges DJB but I've been playing snake for a long time and I have been around and played a lot of players.

Browny

Smash Hater
jesus fkin christ

Just ignore everything my brother says bloody hell one more stupid post ima get cao to ban his ***

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
After melb results come in it will be updated.

Ganon won't be in G tier.

Talking about how unviable Samus really is (because she is unviable) is perfectly within the context of this topic... As long as it doesn't go overboard.

All though the Aussie Tier list thing seems to have fizzled. New topic should either be on King of Pop :'( or something tournament related I suppose.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Defending my opinion is also something I feel necessary, and who are you people to tell me what I meant by it? ****, you call me arrogant. You say I had a go at Kaion? I've known Kaion for quite a bit from playing him on Wi-Fi. Why would I have a go at someone I like as a person?

God ****, sometimes you people think you're so smart you try to read in to things that aren't even there thinking that people always have a hidden agenda. Well guess what? **** you.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
someone forgot to take a nap

Not to bring Kaion and your opinions of him down a notch, but how can someone who palced 13th in two tournaments in a row using a supposed "non-viable for tournaments" character inspire anyone?

Reality check. He didn't do THAT well with a character that is meant to be non-viable. If anything, Kaion went and PROVED Vyse's statement.
apart from that last statment about vyse's statement, you are basically saying, "guys how can you congratulate him when he got such a **** placing" dont get angry at us, if thats not what you meant then you should learn to speak english.

even kaion get up you for it.

Well guess what? **** you.
oh you'd love to wouldnt you.

ahh scoot, just chill dude, I can understand you getting upset but you really did bring it on yourself, doesnt mean we dont like you, its just us teaching you the consequences of your actions, (actions being words... dont ask me how that works...)

and just for the record, I dont think I'm particulary smart, but I'm not an idiot.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Ah, this reminds me of when I first joined the boards, good times.

Also, Attila, you have the one of the biggest egos I've ever seen just behind me, and I respect that.

swordsaint

Smash Master
You know, all I meant by what I said was Kaion's placing is evidence of Vyse's statement.

And somehow you guys managed to turn what I said in to everything under the sun.

Attila_

BRoomer
ive posted something like this before, but im pretty sure ss ignored it...

Not to bring Kaion and your opinions of him down a notch
saying that he isnt as good as we think he is. stands in a contrast to how you think youre better than you actually either. in whichever case, its unnecessary and downgrades kaion's ability.

someone who palced 13th in two tournaments in a row using a supposed "non-viable for tournaments" character inspire anyone
you've done badly in a tourny? i certainly consider people who have a bad tourny or two bad players (tibs came 13th last month if anyone was watching, yet he is forever a source of inspiration).

Reality check.
unnecessary. i live in reality, and think that kaion using samus, a character he doesnt main and hasnt used for very long, was quite difficult to defeat. imagine if he did main that character, and devote lots of time and tournys to her?

if you want us to listen to you, or if you want as to act mature, then crap like this should be left unsaid, no?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I like how you said "how does someone who palced (yes you did miss-spell it :) ) 13th in two tournaments in a row using a supposed "non-viable for tournaments" character inspire anyone"

that pretty much means, "hey his not inspire worthy because he placed crap" does it not?
if it doesnt and we're all stupid why dont you run us through it piece by piece?

I also like how we're all going spastic over this, these boards sure arnt what they used to be

swordsaint

Smash Master
The common flaw in both your arguments which seem to, no matter how much I point it out is the fact it has nothing to do with Chris himself. I never said Chris can't/didn't inspire, I said his Samus doesn't. And in every point you two have made, you manage to leave that out. Everytime I point that out, it gets overlooked.

Kaion = good
Samus = bad

simple enough...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
To be fair, your first post did look like you were having a go at Kaion. But at the same time I think it's pretty unfair that people having been ignoring your page or so of "this is what I REALLY meant."

Let's drop this. We all get you're saying Samus is ****.

I LAG

Smash Lord
imo everyone should main link in tourneys except for me :)
coz low tier is soooooooooooooooooo tournament viable you can beat my mk easy.

Browny

Smash Hater
Upon further analysis... luke if u really want to play a **** sonic player, your only option is to come to SA

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
Btw, I believe the Falcon boards consider Snake his harder match up.
Having vsed plenty of snakes, he is one of falcons harder matchups.
the only time falcon > snake is while snake is recovering (and isint near the top of the stage (which isint very often :()

but snakes a sitting duck when he's recovering no matter who he's vsing.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Everyone knows Samus sucks, why do people have to point that out? She's low tier for a reason.
And perhaps Kaoin placing 13th with Samus could inspire someone to take up Samus and get higher than 13th?

And ILag some low tiers do good vs MK. Charizard is pretty good with his imba grab range, but hes like the only one of PT's pokemon that does well v MK. But he's the only low tier that i believe is good enough to beat MK.
I don't see how Charizard could actually land a kill move on MK though.

Omg i forgot. Would u count Ness as low tier? IF so then ness can beat a MK. Fow beat M2K so it's possible. That proves low tier is tourny viable.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
also meteor master does quite well against MK's with ness, although I'd put that down to how amazing he is.

as for PT, I do believe that squirtle has is best, followed by the zard, and ivy gets *****.
something like that eh toby.
if only squirtle could be chosen by himself without fatigue (thats why brawl + is hax)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Upon further analysis... luke if u really want to play a **** sonic player, your only option is to come to SA
I'll be there at least once between now and reloaded, after I get back from America I'm going to do circuit around aus again.
probably bring Elysium with me, have some mad state crew rivalry

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
That's not entirely true; we have a particularly **** Sonic in NSW by the name of Fruity.

Attila_

BRoomer
but snakes a sitting duck when he's recovering no matter who he's vsing.
so very wrong. recovering high, dropping nikitas and c4s, wavebouncing nades, and fastfalling autocancelling aerials make his recovery actually quite good. if hes low, he can blow himself back up. ill show you one day ;)

Ant1

Smash Ace
If Snake is recovering low, he is a sitting duck, the only way to stop getting hit, is to c4 urself up higher.
But when he's higher up he can n-air, hold a grenade out, u-air fast fall. And do not underestimae snake's u-air, it is really good. And b-air fast fall is also good. But i don't think u should ever pull out a nikita, unless ur playing pokestadium 1, and the guy is hiding underneath the tree.
U can alwas air-dodge out of cypher, i have dodged my brothers shuttle-loop in mid-air so many time by just doing that.

I think T-rex would have seen a snake c4'ing himself bynow. There's some crazy combo videos i've seen where the guy gets hit by his own c4, flies across the stage and u-air's his opponent in mid-air on the opposite side of the stage.

Attila_

BRoomer
come to melbourne and see how wrong that is. watch the vids of me verse chris, i was almost never juggled (not including combos), despite the fact that mk is one of the best at it.

Top Bottom