• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I dont see why anyone in the US is still hating on Europe.

Armada came, and proved that they obviously have a more than legit scene over there. So why people would make sweeping statements about who would win I cant imagine.

We have more players, and probably more good players (because the scene is bigger) but that obviously doesn't translate to who would win a crew battle....

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I am sure you guys will be just as pissed when Mango goes over there repping US and gets first, duh, and then all the US fanboys start saying that ALL of the US is **** and way better than Europe, when in reality Mango ***** Europe and also ***** all of US.
People are already saying that and Mango hasn't even been here yet.

By default, some of you seem to think America > everyone else until proven otherwise.

he went against all odds and did great.
Like this. What odds?

If Mango came to Europe and destroyed everyone, would he have won 'against all odds'? No, because he's the best the US has to offer, naturally he'll do good. But Europeans don't see to get that same respect for some reason. It's ******** really.

Faab

Smash Ace
Correct, there is no doubt that you guys got more good players over there. That doesn't mean we can't get a good crew going :)

tasertaser

Smash Cadet
the point most people are trying to make and are doing a horrible job of is that yes, armada proved that the very best of europe -- the top three or four -- can compete with most of the US' best, but that doesn't mean everyone below those top 3-4 could hold a candle to the rest of our best. they have to prove it, not piggyback on armada's success.

plus an amazing peach no one has ever played packs a bigger element of surprise than an amazing sheik or an amazing fox or an amazing falco

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Truth is US is most powerful and most arrogant region because of the way society is built... the people have a certain way of looking at things. And it'll always be like that. =P

Unless US gets completely destroyed then it'll stay like that.

I declare war!!! lol.

Faab

Smash Ace
An amazing sheik packs a much much much bigger surprise then a peach. No doubt about it.

War =/ Go and play with you're wooden sword.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
This tourney was amazing!?

Taj said:
I just got mind gamed by the twins magic!
Shout outs time I guess.

Florida;
PB&J: bro you were awesome to hang out with. If I'm ever in Florida I'll have to hang out with you guys

Shiz: How could you lose a dance off to me and my brp!? Haha kdding, you're smash, dance, and people skills are second to none thats for sure.

HungryBox: Hbox bro you're amazing!!! No regrets on anything dude. If you're ever travekling around, let me know if you pass thru New Mexico bro, we gotta chill.

Linguini, Raislin, Lambchops, Frames: all you guys were amazing haha.

AZ
Taj: next time we'll box and draw in one hell of a crowd.
Tai: You probably saw more magic tricks then anyone else at the tourney. Glad you liked them all lol.
Axe: Too cool bro! Congrats on everything
Tag: (see above) :p
VatZero, MaxxxPower, Omar, and everyone else: you guys were too cool!!! It was great meeting/seeing you all again :D

MilkTea, Bwett, DarkSonic, and everyone else who played ERS with me:
You guys were too good!!! It was amazing! Next tourney we have to all rematch lol.

Jman: Jesus! You are too good! And you are one of the nicest kids I've ever met. I'll do what you said and travel to more OOS tourneys to chill and get better.

Fzero: You were a great guy bro. Congrats on doing well in the tourney.

Mango: Mang0, Twin M.Go ****, winner of Genesis!!! It was awesome gettin to know you bro, boxing you, cheering you on, and having me and david throw you 10 ft in the air after you won haha!!! I'll see you at other tourneys for sure.

Pat: dude you were great. And you and mango boxing was awesome! See you later bro

Sethlon: fun matches bro

DBR:
Germ and Germs Lady, your reactions to our magic were the best ones hands down (almost flipping over a table = best reaction haha). you guys were awesome!

King: you were a great guy and ran a great tourney. Nice meeting you bro.

Canada eh:
Kage you were awesome!!!
Noobking, and everyone else, you all cracked me up on day one. Hope to see you all again :D

M2K: you were pretty chill bro. It was great meeting you dude.

Zhu: glad you liked the magic, great job competing.

Lunin: You were a great guy and has one of the best responses to our magic haha. Great job

Tw1n: great magic dude. Second only to my own :p

Nealdt: expect the pics you requested up on Allisbrawl. great meeting you bro.

Anyone else, you guys were all amazing. Expect to see us again at more tourneys. It was a blast!

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I / the French couldn't help but notice that the nerfed characters in Pal got ***** at Genesis. Sheik / Fox / Falco / Marth are weaker while Peach / Puff / Falcon are buffed (because they're better relative to the rest) and yet it's Peach / Puff / Falcon that seemed to have dominate the top 12 as opposed to the usual top tiers.

But it could just be that Mango / Armada / HBox **** and I'm just trying to make pre-Pal johns :p

If Mango came to Europe and destroyed everyone, would he have won 'against all odds'? No, because he's the best the US has to offer, naturally he'll do good. But Europeans don't see to get that same respect for some reason. It's ******** really.
I've always been a huge fanboy!!!

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
People are already saying that and Mango hasn't even been here yet.

By default, some of you seem to think America > everyone else until proven otherwise.

Like this. What odds?

You can't get pissed about the US riding Mango's ****, when literally all of Europe is posting on the boards riding Armada's. Mango did get first.

All odds...being the 285 American's (give or take) against him Nihonjin. I wasn't implying the US is better, I meant it as he was one of very few Europeans repping against virtually all North Americans. After you say that though, I can see what you mean.

I don't say much on who will win, because it is all unknown. This tourny had a lot of upsets, and I don't see why any future ones, whether in Europe or the US, would be different.

I personally haven't seen much of Europe's scene, so I had no idea what to expect.

EDIT: My post has the wrong tone then what I am going for. I just wish it could be a friendly rivalry. All the people that actually place high are cool, and don't take it too seriously and that is how it should be. It is all the fanboys and nobodies that get pissed. Yes I am both, but I am not pissed. lol

Meneks

Smash Lord
Truth is US is most powerful and most arrogant region because of the way society is built... the people have a certain way of looking at things. And it'll always be like that. =P
I don't think its because americans are arrogant I think its the fact that america probably has the largest quantity of smashers then any other region...Being said that america probably has A larger quantity of players and because of that american players get more publicity..
So when europe comes into the picture americans don't really know much about them..
Why?
Lack of publicity is my guess...
Americans don't know how good europeans are because according to us we set the standard for being good so to speak..

I think Armada getting 2nd will open new doors so that alot of us americans can see how good europe really is..

Just my opinion

GOTM

Smash Champion
who are you? you don't even play, don't call out tristate when you don't even play, however, tristate vs all
LOL. im from tristate buddy. did you even see where im from?

you are right though i havent played since event 52.

edit: competitively that is

strawhats

Smash Master
I hope m2k and maybe mango ,if mama mango lets him, go to Super Lion 4. A tourney in France w/. Armada and Amsah( Hopefully) in attendance.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
the reason people assume european players will be worse is because for the past 6 years or so, they have been

armada is the first european to come to the US and get even close to competing with the top players

its not american arrogance or anything stupid like that, its the fact that you guys traditionally have been average

now armada has proved your community is capable of competing at the top level, and the attitude will likely be less prevalent

stelzig

Smash Lord
I somewhat think kage and possibly more of the americans are mainly just trolling you guys by trashtalking *looks at defensive european people*

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Let's all just have sex and get over with it.
Pretty Please!!!!

Man I miss the Hotel and Genesis. FACK!

PR crew is planing going over US again. We are starting pro funds again so I hope i can meet you guys again soon. THIS time around I wont lose to falcons again!! Still love you Hax and scar ;P

IM STILL ****ING HYPE'd!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
You guys have always been pretty good IMO. The european players who have always travelled here have never been your best so a lot of people interpret that poorly. It's quite clear your best can compete with our best, so I don't get why people are still debating.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the europe vs. usa argument is dumb

usa *****
europe *****

we all love super smash bros. so why can't we just play together, have fun, win fights, and have sex w/ women

i've played PAL (interesting situation with a robbery, and I found a PAL GCN + melee for like $10 back in 2003 sooo) and IMO it's really fun. i'd love to get the chance to play europe's best like nihonjin, zgetto, amsah and armada in PAL or NTSC. <3 Europe.

imo M2K was really intelligent saying that Armada would make top 5 months before Genesis when everyone else were being arrogant *****. good **** m2k

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So yeah

If any1 thought Melee was dead, this tourney def proved them wrong!!!
Although I still think M2K > or = Armada cuz the matches were close. It's a good thing that Mango picked up Falco cuz other wise he never would have been able to figure out Armada's playing style and fought him as well.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Well Puerto Rico is part of US and prolly gonna be State 51 so I guess we are too good too.

Man i dont remember most of the people I played cause they didnt use their tags. I rarely used my tag too but I was the blueish peach player that gay camped everyone lols.

Jman an Shiz, good ****. They are also puertorricans so you know how good we can be at it.

Mango, good **** Rep US and America xD! Come to PR so you can eat some Mangos heres LOL.

Hungrybox, I suggetsed Brinstar on your match against Darkrain. You should consider that stage too. I use it as a counter most of the time since Mute city is usually banned. I beat mostly everyone on my mute city CP except when I suicided. :p

Everyone else, <3.

Oh @ Wikipedia try and get your *** unbanned. Im still looking for you **** it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I somewhat think kage and possibly more of the americans are mainly just trolling you guys by trashtalking *looks at defensive european people*
Then I should troll myself since Canada sucks...

Ya right! The warrior is too good in everyone's eyes! =D

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
Although I still think M2K > or = Armada cuz the matches were close.
lol. This is getting too ridiculous. "Player A lost to Player B but Player A is better because the matches were close, and because he is from my country" How stupid is that ?

We just can't say who is better because it was only one tournament, and only one ****ing match. But for you people, winning once against someone, or placing better than someone (though we had a completely different bracket) means we are better (in American Vs American of course, when it is American Vs anyoneelse it is not valid).
And please, stop with the "Jman would have won against Armada".

An just STOP thinking we only have 5 good players here, or just Armada and Amsah. We mention dutches (+ Armada) in general because they have more top players than any other country in Europe, but they don't have ALL the top players. And of course I won't mention any player because you guys don't know anyone from Europe.
Having more good players doesn't mean that US top10 > Europe top10. We don't say that you or we would win, simply because we DON'T know what would happen. You have been ignorant about Armada, so don't be ignorant about the rest of Europe.

And for all the others who say stuff like :
I dont see why anyone in the US is still hating on Europe.

Armada came, and proved that they obviously have a more than legit scene over there. So why people would make sweeping statements about who would win I cant imagine.

We have more players, and probably more good players (because the scene is bigger) but that obviously doesn't translate to who would win a crew battle....
... thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom