• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I respect you as a player.. but the term axe would've got "*****" is a bit overdoing it. You're underestimating him as a player and not giving him enough credit for knowing his character extremely well.. It's Pikachu.. Nothing extremely difficult for a Fox to beat.. missing/broken controller or not. Just pointing that out. I respect you alot Jman as a player, but taking away axe's win WITH PIKACHU.. is a bit much u know...

No I don't want drama.. but i'm sick of hearing about how Axe got lucky, or this, or that.. IT'S PIKACHU!.. It's not Axe's fault that he's THAT GOOD w/him, and I believe he deserves much more credit for using a character you don't see place as high as axe did..

So plz stop taking away from my partners win, regardless if it was luck, or not, blah blah.. it's annoying.. I know if I said Axe lost to Jman because his controller was broken.. NOONE WOULD BELIEVE ME.. so it's annoying to hear others do it.

<3 Axe

and Jman.. man you still know you're a **** *** Fox.. we all know that.. IMO if not one of the best Foxes.. but you didn't lose to just Pikachu... You lost to the worlds BEST melee Pikachu! so think of it that way.

L__

Smash Master
Shoutouts to the people I met and played smash with.

_milktea
Silent Wolf
Cactuar
Lucky
Mang0
Silent Spectre
Tang
Zhu
Falcomist
Kira
C0nn0r
Frames
SFAT
PewPewU
Alan
Taj
Alukard
Colbol
Tee Ay Aye

and teaming with M2K was fun.

Apologies if I missed anyone.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
I respect you as a player.. but the term axe would've got "*****" is a bit overdoing it. You're underestimating him as a player and not giving him enough credit for knowing his character extremely well.. It's Pikachu.. Nothing extremely difficult for a Fox to beat.. missing/broken controller or not. Just pointing that out. I respect you alot Jman as a player, but taking away axe's win WITH PIKACHU.. is a bit much u know...

No I don't want drama.. but i'm sick of hearing about how Axe got lucky, or this, or that.. IT'S PIKACHU!.. It's not Axe's fault that he's THAT GOOD w/him, and I believe he deserves much more credit for using a character you don't see place as high as axe did..

So plz stop taking away from my partners win, regardless if it was luck, or not, blah blah.. it's annoying.. I know if I said Axe lost to Jman because his controller was broken.. NOONE WOULD BELIEVE ME.. so it's annoying to hear others do it.

<3 Axe

and Jman.. man you still know you're a **** *** Fox.. we all know that.. IMO if not one of the best Foxes.. but you didn't lose to just Pikachu... You lost to the worlds BEST melee Pikachu! so think of it that way.
well just to let u no i barley won the set to ihavespaceballs the match be4 so i guess that makes him the best samus in the world cause he could have beat me by your logic

and im not mad that i lost to him if he beat me he beat me

good **** axe u played better then i did

hope to play u again soon

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
well just to let u no i barley won the set to ihavespaceballs the match be4 so i guess that makes him the best samus in the world cause he could have beat me by your logic

and im not mad that i lost to him if he beat me he beat me

good **** axe u played better then i did

hope to play u again soon
=/ well I don't mean it like that I guess... I just don't believe you're giving axe enough credit.. I mean you're one of the best you know... Very few have even heard of axe... well they have now.. but it just seems you're taking that away from him... I just think for a **** *** player such as yourself, you'd understand this you know..

Either way.. i'm still think your fox ***** just like everyone else.. =]

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Europe has shown evidence in the past that they have good players, but the term 'good' is relative. It was only at Genesis that ARMADA has proved that HE is AS GOOD as the top players [Mango/M2K/Shiz etc.] in the US.

Armada represented himself to be among the best of SSBM players in the US!
THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF EUROPE MEASURES UP.
To take Armada's success at Genesis and claim that Europe would stand a chance against the US in a crew battle is ignorant. European smashers even said themselves "Armada beats everyone in Europe." this makes the US doubt European potential even more in a crew battle vs. the US.

Fact is that the most dominant players have been from the US until this point in time throughout Melee's history (dating way back from Ken vs. Bombsoldier up unto the present). Also, like everyone agrees, the biggest scene for melee IS in the US not elsewhere. Which is why if you wanna prove something. STEP YO GAME UP->GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE->DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT *looks at Europe*

Don't get me wrong, I rooted my lungs out for Armada every game he played. I wanted to see the 'underdog' European Peach win. No one is saying you guys are bad at Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Gamecube Nintendo : P. It's just that most of the US thinks we're better than other countries (or continents) because it's always been that way and no one has ever been able to prove us wrong.

*shares two cents and waits to get flamed*

but seriously. Melee is such an amazing game = P
ggs
Quoted for truth. I couldnt help but cheer for Armada b/c of his beast performance.

GoodSHlT to everybody I played in tourney pools, and in brackets for both singles and teams.

Get at DJ Nintendo and my Bowsers lol (and our beast DI). Got some vids comin up soon.

Squirt, I know you'll get axe next time around, you're that good. Whatever already happened, happened.

My bowser got west coast stage counterpicked in brackets but thats life.

I witnessed the bad DI of the west coast in the flesh at this tournament lol. Ya NlGGaz be dyin at low a.ss percentages lol.

In my opinion, this probably was the best tournament ever. Fun times wit PB&J, Shiz, Lampchops, and Iori partying on Saturday.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
the europe vs. usa argument is dumb

usa *****
europe *****

we all love super smash bros. so why can't we just play together, have fun, win fights, and have sex w/ women

i've played PAL (interesting situation with a robbery, and I found a PAL GCN + melee for like $10 back in 2003 sooo) and IMO it's really fun. i'd love to get the chance to play europe's best like nihonjin, zgetto, amsah and armada in PAL or NTSC. <3 Europe.

imo M2K was really intelligent saying that Armada would make top 5 months before Genesis when everyone else were being arrogant *****. good **** m2k
AGREED!!!!!!

This man deserves a Degree!!!

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Europe has shown evidence in the past that they have good players, but the term 'good' is relative. It was only at Genesis that ARMADA has proved that HE is AS GOOD as the top players [Mango/M2K/Shiz etc.] in the US.

Armada represented himself to be among the best of SSBM players in the US!
THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF EUROPE MEASURES UP.
To take Armada's success at Genesis and claim that Europe would stand a chance against the US in a crew battle is ignorant. European smashers even said themselves "Armada beats everyone in Europe." this makes the US doubt European potential even more in a crew battle vs. the US.

Fact is that the most dominant players have been from the US until this point in time throughout Melee's history (dating way back from Ken vs. Bombsoldier up unto the present). Also, like everyone agrees, the biggest scene for melee IS in the US not elsewhere. Which is why if you wanna prove something. STEP YO GAME UP->GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE->DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT *looks at Europe*

Don't get me wrong, I rooted my lungs out for Armada every game he played. I wanted to see the 'underdog' European Peach win. No one is saying you guys are bad at Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Gamecube Nintendo : P. It's just that most of the US thinks we're better than other countries (or continents) because it's always been that way and no one has ever been able to prove us wrong.

*shares two cents and waits to get flamed*

but seriously. Melee is such an amazing game = P
ggs
yay

still waiting for armada/mango vids you buttholes

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by V3ctorMan View Post

lol ... no
You might want to prove him wrong. I suppose your response was enough to?

Axe has enough evidence to back his claim through tournament results.

While You have just enough words to make a forum post.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)

<3 Axe

look I'm sorry but I will back Jman up on this

he is not taking away from Axe's win he didn't even mention that stuff

all he said is that with his controller he woulda ***** Axe

and even if he wouldn't have ***** him, I'm 99% sure Jman would have won if he had it. Consider how many people underrate Jman because dumb stuff happens to him in tourney so often. I personally think he's 4th best in the world right now (don't know how good Amsah is) after mango/me/armada, if he's playing good.

-Chad-

Slackerator
M2K, what do you pay Randal, the cloud on yoshi's, to always save you everytime I've ever gotten you off the stage there?

Seriously, I need to find out and pay more so I can finally edgeguard you there. : O

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's randall if you're cool
also Chad, M2K is such a robot that he goes into your brain and makes you only hit him off the stage at times (the robot checks the clock) when randall would save him.
m2k why were you wearing a hoodie sometimes @ genesis... i hear it was really hot in that place. is that like your secret to being so good, hoodies?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
allrite. I see what ur saying M2k, I understand where you're coming from now. I guess I just took it the wrong way or somethin IDK... sorry about all that..

M2k, Jman.. great people..

<3 Axe <3

Luma

Smash Lord
*jumps in*

about the jman vs axe or jman is the 4th best in the world thing, it doenst matter how good someone is when he would be playing at his best, what matters is how good he is playing at the tournaments
so if he cant play with another controller, dont ever let them out of your hand or stfu with your johns

random note: i got 3rd with a brand new controller i have never played before with (yy i know doenst quite matter, just wanted to throw that in xDD)

*jumps out*

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

EC:
Jman: Legit... your too dam good but I **** u teams =3. Seriously though... it sucked u lost ur controller, u would of been top 3 for sure
Hax$: Falcon is so good, grats on doing a good job in bracket.
Jfox: Pretty nice peach u got there, forgot to play it with falco though >.< friendlies were fun.
Scar: nice meeting u man, ur hella chill and grats on ur placings in singles and teams
Darc: I hate u... thx to u... well u know why lol Grats on 3rd in teams, ur too good.
MogWai: Fun playing you in one friendly matches lol. Ill continue reading ur falco thread for tips =3.
Pakman: Your luigi is pretty fun to watch, I was entertained.
Cactuar: Your such a homie but I really hate the... *grab the falcomist* game...
M2k: Dam good placings especially since ur switching between both games.
G$: Hella good marth, Ill get u back next time lol.
Alukard: Hella good samus man, I got hella scared in singles when facing u.
Milktea: <3 Sorry we didnt hang out as much as we should of, but dont worry we'll see each other again soon ^^ Hope u had fun in California.

South:
DaShizWiz: Dam friendlies were so fun, I'm pretty dam happy I got to play you. Your falco is a inspiration =3
ColBol: Your fox is **** as always =3 good seeing u again man
Linguini: Had fun playing Petoo? lol
HungryBox: Fun friendlies man =3 Your jiggs is so hard to approach... and avoiding rest from u is almost impossible...
Iori: Team money match? were too good man lol
Harriet: You have a very good fox man, props to the only asian from Florida lol.
F-zero: Hey... I need your youtube account =3 Make another combo video. Fun playing you man and yea... your falcon good against Falco for some reason...
RockCrock: Sorry u got camped by our gay *** peach player... Your Ganon is hella legit.

Canada:
Blunted_Object: Your falco is legit man, hella technical and smart.
Kage: Dam man we should money match some more =3 That ganon is HELLA beastly
Everyone else from Canada... Didn't get to play you guys but fun watching u guys play.

WC:
Mango: <3 Thx you for getting first =3
Zhu: Grats on beating M2k and placing well
Kira + Psychomidget: u ***** us in teams =/ Good job guys =3
Phil: We'll do better next time =3 and dam u did so good at this tournament, This is serious Phil, THE FRIENDLIES ARE GONE.
Pink Shinobi: Stop camping...
King: Cmon man... stop being rusty and get back into it =3.

Texas:
Sos: Nice meeting u man, u have a very nice peach. Brinstar... Hate peaches that bring me to brinstar...

Finally Europe:
Tonberry: housing u for a week was hella fun. Hope I was able to fulfill your sight seeing and such of the U.S. Your hella good and I <3 that Marth
Armada: OMG YOUR ****ING ****!!! I LOVE YOUR PEACH. Best peach in the world for sure =3 ull get Mango next time ^^.
Arieoles? Fun meeting u man, you and your brother are hella good in teams.

Eddie Mexican: Hella good Luigi man, It was nice meeting u =3. Keep representing Mexico.

Everyone else <3. This was a fun tournament and hoping for a Genesis 2 ^^. Everyone else who didn't get shoutouts well sorry >.< this is a long shoutout alrdy lol... I'm lazy so leave me alone.

<3 Melee 4 life!

DendyPretendy

Smash Cadet
and even if he wouldn't have ***** him, I'm 99% sure Jman would have won if he had it. Consider how many people underrate Jman because dumb stuff happens to him in tourney so often. I personally think he's 4th best in the world right now (don't know how good Amsah is) after mango/me/armada, if he's playing good.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to put Darkrain, Chexr, and AaronsmashMAN above Mang0 but it was an honest mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom