• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You mean randoms like the guy who 3 stocked you on your counterpick? Come on this is really disrespectful. There were like M2K and 5 other people from the US who said Armada will place well. Now he was the only good player Europe sent, beating (nearly) everyone, being only 1 stock away from winning the whole thing, and you still think this continent is full of randoms? Why are there so many people still arrogant saying Europe sucks?

I didn't expect this from you. But think whatever you want. You will never accept it until Europe will have like 3 players in the Top 5 of an American tourney -____-
I've been lied to in crews where they said you could not CP a stage, so I went random stage and got ***** for it. I should of checked properly with the rules. And how am i being disrespectful? It's the truth.. and truth hurts, too bad for you. Cruelty is part of the truth. So.. ya if you guys can get a huge tourney going, I will obviously make the trip too, to represent.

And who said Armada getting 2nd means nothing? Armada ****ing *****, who would of thought a Peach could be that good? I said to him.. "Nice" I don't like giving props to someone in person. I guess I'm maybe shy or maybe too prideful to do it. God you guys are misrepresenting everything I say. *sigh*

Edit: I checked the tournaments but.. seems like no US or Canada are going to them. What does that mean then?

Tero.

Smash Champion
If another country could get over 200 people going to a tournament, I imagine US would have some representation.

The cost of the trip would have to be less then the potential winnings from the tournament. If Europe can hype up a tournament boasting over 200 people, I imagine between 10 and 20 US players would make the trip.

Also those 10 and 20 people would all need to get free loaders and a PAL copy of smash. (Take that Sheik players.)

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=316
Epita Smash Arena 2, last year.
Melee Singles 231 player.

Hell even Japan was represented.
Guess how many americans where there?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Why did no one ban mute city vs Armada?
That's what I thought.. banning Mute City is ideal vs Peach.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=316
Epita Smash Arena 2, last year.
Melee Singles 231 player.

Hell even Japan was represented.
Guess how many americans where there?
None? Well then the thing I said before still stands. Or is it another reason that US does not travel outside their own region? Too scared!? Or maybe Pal version sucks?

Tero.

Smash Champion
That's what I thought.. banning Mute City is ideal vs Peach.

None? Well then the thing I said before still stands. Or is it another reason that US does not travel outside their own region? Too scared!? Or maybe Pal version sucks?
PAL is actually better (and more competitive) than NTSC, because it's more balanced.
Personally I still prefer NTSC tho.

Edit: I have to agree that switching from PAL to NTSC is probably more easier than the other way round, at least if you play characters that got nerved in PAL.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
PAL is actually better (and more competitive) than NTSC, because it's more balanced.
Personally I still prefer NTSC tho.

Edit: I have to agree that switching from PAL to NTSC is probably more easier than the other way round, at least if you play characters that got nerved in PAL.
Well if they nerfed Ganon in Pal.. **** that... I'm not playing Pal lol. Why did they need to nerf THE PUNCH??

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'd rather play the better game (NTSC)

I don't really think many, if any Americans are willing to travel to EU, if only because of the differences between Pal/Ntsc

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Lol @ Kage saying Us is still the best... Son the truth is, Armada, no joking, ***** America, and as everyone here said, was 1 stock away from being the champ. IMO i think Mango got lucky with that rest. Anyway, America really can't be considered soooo much better than Europe anymore, that would be a false statement.

Ah, btw, Pal > NTSC

Armada, ur the cahmp in my eyes.

I doubt anyone from America will beat Armada in Pal. Prove me wrong!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
LUCKY!!!

READING A ROLL IS LUCKY!!??!?!???!

and not 2 mention a 3-0 in the second set =D

and ill go 2 armada and get off in pal

lol

and the GAMES cant be that diffrent if armda

looked better in our version then urs =P

Faab

Smash Ace
*Jigglypuff remains untouched just like peach*

So mango could actually beat armada here.

NTSC > Pal. Only thing that's horrible about NTSC is sheik's grab.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol @ Kage saying Us is still the best... Son the truth is, Armada, no joking, ***** America, and as everyone here said, was 1 stock away from being the champ. IMO i think Mango got lucky with that rest. Anyway, America really can't be considered soooo much better than Europe anymore, that would be a false statement.

Ah, btw, Pal > NTSC

Armada, ur the cahmp in my eyes.

I doubt anyone from America will beat Armada in Pal. Prove me wrong!
US will always be the best.. because everyone is mad chill. =P You will not get me to say that Europe is the best, never!!!!

Edit: Mango, I want to play you more!! It seems like a whole different game when I played against your falcon.. It's like one false move, it's done lol.

Miztik

Smash Master
I think Armada did as good as he did because ppl underestimated him, and didnt expect his performance. As good as he is next time he plays people like M2K, Shiz, and other great players i think he'll have a much harder time and maybe not do as good because we know what he can do.

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
wow the debates.....
God forbid that for ONCE in history
Americans actually underestimated European potential......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom