• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Just so I can keep my pride, I was voting Squirtle because I assumed Pichu's electric abilities would be too nerfed. Since this assumption appears to be incorrect, Squirtle is at a disadavantage because of lack of an offensive option? :)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Just so I can keep my pride, I was voting Squirtle because I assumed Pichu's electric abilities would be too nerfed. Since this assumption appears to be incorrect, Squirtle is at a disadavantage because of lack of an offensive option? :)
Basically, all the pro squirtles have been pressing his bite offense, but one offense isn't really enough, and Pichu's electric defense dissuades such a close to the vitals approach...and Pichu insofar has had way more offensive and defensive positions...

a 100 volt shock in squirtles mouth is gonna hurt...
anytime you get shocked it hurts...

going to research 100 volts...brb...

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Assist
|
Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

sammy p

Smash Lord
well i though pichu didnt get his electric abilities at all? squirtle had water but its only gulps of water so doesnt only come down to power and speed?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
well i though pichu didnt get his electric abilities at all? squirtle had water but its only gulps of water so doesnt only come down to power and speed?
Even if we didn't have electic eels, humans naturally produce electricity through the chemistry of our nervious system.

There's no way we could even remotely classify pichu being able to produce electricity as unrealistic.

It's not "rules", it's what's realistically possible IRL, Pichu's electricity is in.

Sieguest

Smash Master
hmn, could squirtle kill Pichu with a bite to the head, but be able to take the shock?
took a look at electricity...
If squirtle took a bite at Pichu's head
I'll guess it'll kill it...but squirtle couldn't take the shock...
It's body size and where 100 volts of electricity has been released is too much...
a factor that we forgot to consider was amps....
of course to get the electricity out it has to move incredibly fast...f
1 amp= any one spot in which the elec through squirtles body flows has 6.25x10^18 electrons...

there are many electrons in electricity...and through Pichu's delivery system
(both cheeks) you're definitely getting about 3-5 amps....at least...

Watts is the actual power
100voltsx3amps=300watts...
imagine an electrical source that has to power a 300watt bulb...
if Squirtle going to go for Pichu's head then squirtle might as well just have a gun with it to shoot itself...after biting...

I'm officially going pro Pichu...I've been arguing for the little rodent this whole time so might as well now...:)

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Dragon's Rain
|
Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
I Think This Is A Draw...
Because Pichu May Be Very Small In Size...
But That Electricity Is Very Good Against A Water Type

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Hone Claws
|
When Bisharp commands Feraligatr to use a smash attack, Gatr's smashes are performed 25% faster than normal. When Bisharp and Feraligatr are the only Pokemon remaining, Feraligatr can also command Bisharp with his Smashes due to experience.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
just thought of something:

the Juvenile elec eel's 100volts come from its whole body, Pichu has two seperate electriacl areas....wouldnt that be in theory 50 volts each?
Hey, sorry I'm late.

Anyway, no that wouldn't count as 50 volts each. They would each come out at 100 volts as long as the volts came out of one cheek. If it came out of both cheeks, then it might be around 50 volts, but only if it was hitting two targets at once (like two separate squirtles that each held one cheek).

Sieguest

Smash Master
allright, Pichu will definatley get some kils now, but what if squirtle doesnt bit ethe head, and pichu cant slap his cheek against him?
Strategic placement says that the closest thing to squirtle would be Pichu's head...going for the body is plausible, but the risk of is very high, squirtle will take more time going further...and that provides time for other things to happen...

just thought of something:

the Juvenile elec eel's 100volts come from its whole body, Pichu has two seperate electriacl areas....wouldnt that be in theory 50 volts each?
no...
each cheek act as it's own production pod...but when released the electricity comes together, forming 100 volts....

plus take 50voltsx3amps=150 watts...that's still a shock that'll cause stun squirtle...

Had a thought on the delivery system...but...I'll have to see to make something to make sure....brb....

EDIT:Well...I would say what I have to say....but...I can't find any youtube videos and I don't have a video recorder...
All I have to go off of is reading pokedex information from pokemon.com which only implies that the cheeks are for storage...I haven't found anything on delivery except for what I saw when i was playing Pokemon Revolution....

I started playing it to get a little more knowledge of what I was talking about...but it seems...that...Pichu doesn't exactly deliver a shock from it's cheeks although it stores electricity there...it can electricy itself...which it what it seems to do for most of it's attacks (the electricity flows around it and stuff)...I'll keep searching for youtube videos...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd say it's a draw,

Pichu has the type advantage, but sucks when fighting (hurts itself with its own attack, lower base stats),

Squirtle is awesome when fighting (higher base stats, larger move pool), but has many weaknesses which are easily exploted by Pichu (Electric and Grass attacks),

Sieguest

Smash Master
I'd say it's a draw,

Pichu has the type advantage, but sucks when fighting (hurts itself with its own attack, lower base stats),

Squirtle is awesome when fighting (higher base stats, larger move pool), but has many weaknesses which are easily exploted by Pichu (Electric and Grass attacks),
errr....I don't know how to break this to you...
but...this is IRL...

We're not doing type advantages or anything like that....

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Strength
|
When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I started playing it to get a little more knowledge of what I was talking about...but it seems...that...Pichu doesn't exactly deliver a shock from it's cheeks although it stores electricity there...it can electricy itself...which it what it seems to do for most of it's attacks (the electricity flows around it and stuff)...I'll keep searching for youtube videos...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pichu_(Pokémon)#Special_abilities

Pichu stores, as well as delivers, the shocks via its cheeks. Thus, Pichu does have the potential to release the electricity that you guys are discussing.

Sieguest

Smash Master
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pichu_(Pokémon)#Special_abilities

Pichu stores, as well as delivers, the shocks via its cheeks. Thus, Pichu does have the potential to release the electricity that you guys are discussing.
HOW COME I DIDN'T FIND THIS BEFORE!!!!!????!!!
(lol all these other sites I went to fail....)

THIS EXPLAINS IT ALL!!!
But...can it electrify it's body...is it possible for Pichu to discharge electricty from its cheeks to its own body to protect itself?

UncleSam

Smash Master
HOW COME I DIDN'T FIND THIS BEFORE!!!!!????!!!
(lol all these other sites I went to fail....)

THIS EXPLAINS IT ALL!!!
But...can it electrify it's body...is it possible for Pichu to discharge electricty from its cheeks to its own body to protect itself?
lol continue reading the article, Pichu can't control his electricity, there is no way he could create an electrical sheild

Sieguest

Smash Master
lol continue reading the article, Pichu can't control his electricity, there is no way he could create an electrical sheild
Not a shield...
something similar to volt tackle..
since Pichu can't control it's electricity "well"...it still has some control over it...it's not out of mind that it might shock itself...:)

UncleSam

Smash Master
Not a shield...
something similar to volt tackle..
since Pichu can't control it's electricity "well"...it still has some control over it...it's not out of mind that it might shock itself...:)
It'll randomly discharge electricity
it could hurt itself while doing that, and if Pikachu takes recoil from volt tackle than what happens to pichu?

Sieguest

Smash Master
It'll randomly discharge electricity
it could hurt itself while doing that, and if Pikachu takes recoil from volt tackle than what happens to pichu?
recoil is what happens...
nub....

and you omit that it disharages random electricity at random times...
but it can still store some in it's cheeks...
I've discussed this already...:ohwell:

UncleSam

Smash Master
recoil from knockback, and damage from electricity, stack it...
nub
other than that I just sort of joined in again after like 3 days and didn't read any pages

Sieguest

Smash Master
recoil from knockback, and damage from electricity, stack it...
nub
other than that I just sort of joined in again after like 3 days and didn't read any pages
NUB YOU BEST READ DEM PAGES!!!
:mad:

knockback? the fudge?
d00d if u r gunnuh post liek dat jo needah prof.... :laugh:

UncleSam

Smash Master
volt tackle is reclessly charging at the opponent while enveloped in electricity, I can't give the exact move description because my DS screen just broke...

fine not knockback
recoil + electricity it's a stack the shock doesn't count for both...

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Whirlpool
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
|The first three Pokemon have some nice general synergy revolving around floating traps, impressive healing, and teleporting in general to stay alive. Aside from their Interactions being defensive for the most part, their Super Smashes grant nice amounts of offense to help round them out. Well suited for players of any skill level.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam teleports the trio to the target after popping in and grabbing their arms. Feraligatr will then grab at the foe from behind them, and if successful, begin Pummeling like mad with Alakazam next to him at a perfect distance to regrab if they grab release. To switch that up however, occasionally Alakazam will use Teleport to switch both position with Gatr, and who has the foe grabbed, surely confusing the foe! While this is going on, Breloom can be controlled as he automatically winds up a Focus Punch, and when he's about ready to strike, the Pokemon who currently has the foe will release them into the air for him to jump up and strike!
|

Sieguest

Smash Master
volt tackle is reclessly charging at the opponent while enveloped in electricity, I can't give the exact move description because my DS screen just broke...

fine not knockback
recoil + electricity it's a stack the shock doesn't count for both...
This...is if we're talking about volt tackle....(that's like my favorite move with my Raichu now! lol one hit pwns on water types....but I get pwned in return by the sheer epicness of it!)

then we know that it's THAT much worse for squirtle...D:<

UncleSam

Smash Master
wouldnt he hurt himself rather alot if pichu covere dhimself in elec?
that's what I've been thinking

also: what if squirtle took the fight to the water?
that's terrain based, that would depend on the arena

EDIT: this really sucks my DSi's top screen blew (at least I still have the warrenty
the best part of the warrenty is it becomes void if any damage occurs out of their control such as: Acts of God
)
@mathage-ok were done figuring out volt tackle but it's not hugely effective because the voltage is small (100v) and pichu takes multiple recoil hits, squirtle may be stunned a bit, but pichu has to deal with all the drawbacks of using this move
@JOE!-squirtle shouldn't go into the water anyway water conducts electricity
@squirtleuser-no

Sieguest

Smash Master
are we goin by weaknesses here? that's not very realistic, if so...
lol no...I just talking about how **** my Raichu is...:laugh:
that's what I've been thinking
God dangit....who d'you think suffers more from this...Pichu...or that flippin turtle...
Pichu should be used to shocking itself since it does so without wanting to correct...and I don't think squirtle stands out in lightning storms and saying
"HIT ME I NEED ELECTRICAL TRAINING!"

that's terrain based, that would depend on the arena

EDIT: this really sucks my DSi's top screen blew (at least I still have the warrenty
the best part of the warrenty is it becomes void if any damage occurs out of their control such as: Acts of God
)
lol! God said that you should face the facts...:laugh:

EDIT: Uncle sam you shouldn't edit while I'm posting...
still I've already named other effective attack methods besides volt tackle...that could purely defensive if squirtle going for a body shot...:) which was exactly what I was looking to counter...:)

Obviously attacking Pichu's head is like OMG where's a gun...
and now there's my defense for attacking Pichu's body..

and yes Pichu will hurt itself...but who's on the bad end of this deal...squirtle because he's still taking 100volts..x 3 amps which is 300watts directly in his mouth...
death

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Whirlpool
  • Dragon's Rain
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.
  • Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.
|Set sail for a water-world with the most aquatically inclined team around! Feraligatr is the star here as with Whirlpool, Dragon's Rain, Flooded Trick rooms and aerial water flows, it'll be amazing if the foe gains a foot of distance, let alone approach you. Combine that with Z and Gatr's natural artillery and Nasty Plot, and you have a camper's dream.

UncleSam

Smash Master
God dangit....who d'you think suffers more from this...Pichu...or that flippin turtle...
Pichu should be used to shocking itself since it does so without wanting to correct...and I don't think squirtle stands out in lightning storms and saying
"HIT ME I NEED ELECTRICAL TRAINING!"
oh, yeah right, you reminded me, squirtle can move as well :laugh: do you think pichu could seriously hit squirtle with volt tackle, remember this move is reckless, pichu wouldn't really know where he's going and squirtle could just move out of the way

lol! God said that you should face the facts...:laugh:
well the warrenty is still valid so I'll get it fixed on sunday when I go to gamestop

Sieguest

Smash Master
haha, raichu IS pretty ****, especially when u get one with surf from battle revolution. that just plain *****, give it a substitute and focus punch and thunderbolt=win. on topic, can squirtle not take damage while in shell?
urgh no quoted the wrong person! :p but to answer that question I highly doubt Pichu can do anything to hurt squirtle inside that shell....(squirtle basically is just causing a stalemate like this...

@joe-lightning will kill squirtle too :p

Plus volt tackle doesn't have to be purely offensive...
remember you asked "what if squirtle took a bite at Pichu's body?"
Pichu's volt tackle is the response...
^this is at JOE! and UncleSam!

UncleSam

Smash Master
well marthage there are multiple ways for squirtle to attack we've just neglected them so far, squirtle can scratch, he has claws, he can run>turn around and hit people with his shell (though that one is kind of risky), he can also use his tail though that'd be the weakest, if pichu is going to purposely fry itself to keep squirtle from attacking him squirtle could notice the electricity and act accordingly.
"don't start to **** and say he's got too much knowledge forehand" to survive you need to analyze your surroundings and adapt
and if you refuse to heed above spoiler there's always curiosity, squirtle can go in to scratch and get a little shock and withdraw/pull back knowing pichu is a threat

Sieguest

Smash Master
well marthage there are multiple ways for squirtle to attack we've just neglected them so far, squirtle can scratch, he has claws, he can run>turn around and hit people with his shell (though that one is kind of risky), he can also use his tail though that'd be the weakest, if pichu is going to purposely fry itself to keep squirtle from attacking him squirtle could notice the electricity and act accordingly.
"don't start to **** and say he's got too much knowledge forehand" to survive you need to analyze your surroundings and adapt
and if you refuse to heed above spoiler there's always curiosity, squirtle can go in to scratch and get a little shock and withdraw/pull back knowing pichu is a threat
All these are physical...
so
A. Pichu's electric contact is going to punish...

B. For scratching-Pichu has biting...match
C.You guys are letting Pichu do too much damage to itself- it hurts itself yes...but it's nothing that'll make it "fry itself"
D. If squirtle knows that Pichu can shock it and pulls back...then squirtle is going to have a hard time helping itself...
E. If pichu never displays it's electricity...then squirtle will never know
curiosity killed the cat...in this case it'll kill the turtle...
F. the tail is the last thing squirtle wants to get shocked...because then our initial topple squirtle argument comesback and this time squirtle's tail can't help it...

Pichu naturally must be able to withstand the energy recoil it receives from shocking, else it wouldn't even survive childhood...
natural selection ftw...
and I'll use your last argument against you..
Pichu can move...>.>

UncleSam

Smash Master
you're also over-powering the electricity, what I'm getting from this statement is that squirtle is going to go down after one V. tackle and I was exaggerating about the getting fried thing.

yeah they can both move, and? I was saying that it would be hard enough for pichu to hit squirtle if he was recklessly running around.

oh and if Pichu has too keep up it's electric coat out for too long that is constantly draining it's energy and hurting it, it wouldn't be able to bear the pain for much longer and have to set it down. plus it doesn't have much stanima to begin with, it's a Baby pokemon.

Ok i'm done for now, kinda
(i've been waiting to say this)- Pichu doesn't make it through childhood by natural selection, it grows through FRIENDSHIP!
friendshipftw

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
It depends a little bit on where we fight. If Joe decides we battle near a lake, the advanatge would probably switch to Squirtle. And whoever brings along a loaf of bread would have an edge as well. :)

UncleSam

Smash Master
Pichu has the advantage when apples r on the field lol

plus how could Pichu handle this:

Squirtle is just too bad***
ignore the other 4

Sieguest

Smash Master
It depends a little bit on where we fight. If Joe decides we battle near a lake, the advanatge would probably switch to Squirtle. And whoever brings along a loaf of bread would have an edge as well. :)
Actually...if it was near a lake...squirtle wouldn't go near the water as water conducts electricity...game over...
you're also over-powering the electricity, what I'm getting from this statement is that squirtle is going to go down after one V. tackle and I was exaggerating about the getting fried thing.

yeah they can both move, and? I was saying that it would be hard enough for pichu to hit squirtle if he was recklessly running around.

oh and if Pichu has too keep up it's electric coat out for too long that is constantly draining it's energy and hurting it, it wouldn't be able to bear the pain for much longer and have to set it down. plus it doesn't have much stanima to begin with, it's a Baby pokemon.

Ok i'm done for now, kinda
(i've been waiting to say this)- Pichu doesn't make it through childhood by natural selection, it grows through FRIENDSHIP!
friendshipftw
So you're saying squirtle can take 300watts of electricity?
I'm not saying a V.Tackle will kill squirtle....but 300watts of electricity in its mouth will if not severely injure it...and that bite was squirtle's main offense...
plus...the electric could be activated WHEN squirtle attacks...not anytime before and when squirtle and backed off...Pichu can stop discharging...kinda...:p

Who needs stamina...when you can end it quick...

And now that you mention friendship...all I gotta do is make friends with Pichu and evolve into Pikachu...****....:laugh:

EDIT: And we all know that Pichu is gonna have the bread! :)

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Guillotine
  • Whirlpool
  • Hone Claws
|
  • Bisharp can hit Alakazam's spoons like his Metal Claws, which makes them behave just like them until they return to Alakazam.
  • When Bisharp commands Feraligatr to use a smash attack, Gatr's smashes are performed 25% faster than normal. When Bisharp and Feraligatr are the only Pokemon remaining, Feraligatr can also command Bisharp with his Smashes due to experience.
|Alakazam and Feraligatr box foes in nicely here with aerial water traps, lettign them fall prey to Bisharp's impressive ground game. Even better with a Whirlpool out, foes will be hard pressed to play perfectly or else get shredded by bleed damage or worse yet, get the Guillotine! A slightly easier team to master, yet hard to jump right into, they sport some of the best KO combos of any team.

Top Bottom