• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Actually...if it was near a lake...squirtle wouldn't go near the water as water conducts electricity...game over...
said this already

So you're saying squirtle can take 300watts of electricity?
I'm not saying a V.Tackle will kill squirtle....but 300watts of electricity in its mouth will if not severely injure it...and that bite was squirtle's main offense...
plus...the electric could be activated WHEN squirtle attacks...not anytime before and when squirtle and backed off...Pichu can stop discharging...kinda...:p
lolwut? so many things wrong with this
1)
no...
each cheek act as it's own production pod...but when released the electricity comes together, forming 100 volts....

plus take 50voltsx3amps=150 watts...that's still a shock that'll cause stun squirtle...

Had a thought on the delivery system...but...I'll have to see to make something to make sure....brb....
stop contradicting yourself, and since there could only be 2 possible outlets on Pichu IRL it stays at it's 100watts
2) I said it doesn't have much control over it's electricity, it could try to hold it in and wait, but who knows what could happen while it's holding it, it could discharge at any moment losing everything it stored
3)squirtle has multiple ways of attacking

And now that you mention friendship...all I gotta do is make friends with Pichu and evolve into Pikachu...****....:laugh:

EDIT: And we all know that Pichu is gonna have the bread! :)
don't try, the friendship system is gay in pokemon, you'd have to do all sorts of things for it to finally evolve

the problem wiuth volt takkle is this:

ONLY HIS CHEEKS ARE INSULATED

that means the same thung would happen to the rest of his body as with anything else: fried.

As for water: depending on how far away squirtle is, the discharge could just give him a tingle, and drain Pichu
never thought of any of this, good detective work... if any

Sieguest

Smash Master
said this already
Jump in a lake...

lolwut? so many things wrong with this
1)
Learn electiricity...100watts assumes Pichu releases the elec at 1 ampere....too slow and takes way too much control -.-
stop contradicting yourself, and since there could only be 2 possible outlets on Pichu IRL it stays at it's 100watts

Once again...learn electricity....
2) I said it doesn't have much control over it's electricity, it could try to hold it in and wait, but who knows what could happen while it's holding it, it could discharge at any moment losing everything it stored
That would be no control...
discharge at points it doesn't want to...yes....total discharge at points it doesn't want to...no-that exhibits NO control...not NOT A LOT OF CONTROL

3)squirtle has multiple ways of attacking
And Pichu has multiple ways of attacking...and defending....

don't try, the friendship system is gay in pokemon, you'd have to do all sorts of things for it to finally evolve
Pichu is brkn....ice cream cone=evolution=win....
yes I know...there are no ice cream cones in pokemon...no flames...

never thought of any of this, good detective work... if any
And this proves that squirtle will get fried too....:ohwell:

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Well I think, let me rephrase that. I know that Pichu would win. Yes his attacks do hurt himself (Not just in Melee) but still he can well get zapped. And if you are a pokemon fan this would be obvious that Electeric is super effective agianst water. So there you have it in this case Pichu would win unfortunately. I for one like squirtle better than Pichu.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well I think, let me rephrase that. I know that Pichu would win. Yes his attacks do hurt himself (Not just in Brawl) but still he can well get zapped.
Pichu's not in Brawl. :)

And if you are a pokemon fan this would be obvious that Electeric is super effective agianst water. So there you have it in this case Pichu would win unfortunately. I for one like squirtle better than Pichu.
Type Advantage has no significance here.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Stealth Rock
  • Whirlpool
  • Strength
|
  • Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.
|This team is all about stage control, with the ability to create solid stage that can't be destroyed, float two kinds of traps in the air, and just bully the foe in general with the environment they set up. It takes a bit of a higher learning curve to get down the preparation and momentum building with the team, but mastering their nuances will be well worth it.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
imma going camping till wednesday....
:) K. Watch out for bears.

@Emerald, type advantage (electric > water) doesn't matter here. Electricity is electricity. This is who would win in a realistic (EVERYTHING is realistic here. No magic, no flight without big enough wings, no supernatural power). Right now, we're debating Pichu's electricity's potency and Squirtle's attack options.

Also, "electricity" is a pain to spell out.

Sieguest

Smash Master
no, because pichu cannot send the elec from range. he will fry first

im also beginning to doubt pichu's potencey per cheek....i think both of them would make the 100...not seperatley

IMPORTANTE:

imma going camping till wednesday....
What?
Wait...so Pichu can fry itself...but it can't fry squirtle even though Pichu has shocked itself numerous times and squirtle more than likely has not experienced a more than tiny shock? makes total sense....

and I'm beginning to doubt squirtle's bite power....:p

anyway-plus seeing in how the electricity is a contact power....what matters...

Enjoy your trip! :)

Sieguest

Smash Master
??? really???
Truly....since now both sides are doubting the other sides power...I guess we need an accurate determination of power...-.-

But...I've completely provided the calculations of why Pichu's electricity is so potent...yet....
The bite is soooo superior because it was compared to a snapping turtle...
and I haven't been convinced of the power...because not even the force of the bite has been mentioned....
^Just thought I'd bring that up.............

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
What?
Wait...so Pichu can fry itself...but it can't fry squirtle even though Pichu has shocked itself numerous times and squirtle more than likely has not experienced a more than tiny shock? makes total sense....
Pichu, being a baby pokemon, does not do well if it constantly battles in the wild, which may explain why you can't find a wild Pichu in the games.

Pichu's attempts to store electricity for use against Squirtle also heightens the danger and chance that it will hurt itself. And if it "randomly discharges electric shocks," I wouldn't consider it a very reliable weapon in the first place. Pichu's attempts to reliably store its power is only made more difficult by the potency of the shocks it hopes to deliver.

And I'm gonna do some research on snapping turtles in just a minute...

Sieguest

Smash Master
Pichu, being a baby pokemon, does not do well if it constantly battles in the wild, which may explain why you can't find a wild Pichu in the games.

Pichu's attempts to store electricity for use against Squirtle also heightens the danger and chance that it will hurt itself. And if it "randomly discharges electric shocks," I wouldn't consider it a very reliable weapon in the first place. Pichu's attempts to reliably store its power is only made more difficult by the potency of the shocks it hopes to deliver.

And I'm gonna do some research on snapping turtles in just a minute...
lol DB just saved the thread :p
Yes...do research...
I'm interested in how many pounds of force a bite from a snapping turtle exactly is...this will alleviate my doubts of bite's power....

I understand what you posted above....but it still doesn't make sense of how squirtle wouldn't get fried if pichu shocked....everyone's been saying
"Pichu is going to fry itself lolololol game over" and they make it sound as if Pichu has NO control over it's electricity when it really has LITTLE control...
And also from what Joe's latest post said...it apparantly looks like Pichu will hurt itself more than it'll hurt squirtle and I don't exactly see how it's feasible....Normally recoil does not exceed damage done to the enemy....

And squirtle's bite is SOOOOO much more reliable by putting it in contact with a contact power...smart move turtle...

And if you guys are gonna bring up Pichu the BABY pokemon....
Then squirtle is the TINY turtle. :)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
lol DB just saved the thread :p
Yes...do research...
I'm interested in how many pounds of force a bite from a snapping turtle exactly is...this will alleviate my doubts of bite's power....
Yes, I'm just that awesome. Anyways, I haven't found how much force is in a snapping turtle's bite. However, a look at the snaaping turtle's diet reveals that it has been known to eat large amounts of fish and snake. However, it also shows a capability to eat other small turtles, and under rare circumstances, allagators (darn it, nobody messes with allagators on my watch! :mad:), provided they are smaller than the turtle itself.

Pichu is smaller than Squirtle and much more frail. Judging from the turtle's diet, I think its likely that Pichu can be hurt by a strong bite, though the actual amount of force is, as of yet, unknown.

I understand what you posted above....but it still doesn't make sense of how squirtle wouldn't get fried if pichu shocked....everyone's been saying
"Pichu is going to fry itself lolololol game over" and they make it sound as if Pichu has NO control over it's electricity when it really has LITTLE control...
And also from what Joe's latest post said...it apparantly looks like Pichu will hurt itself more than it'll hurt squirtle and I don't exactly see how it's feasible....Normally recoil does not exceed damage done to the enemy....
I agree. Squirtle will still be damaged from shocks just as Pichu will. Yes, Pichu has control over its electric abilities, but limited so. Still, if you have limited control over a weapon, you're likely to be damaged just as your opponent is. I'm still in the mind that the recoil is bad, bad, bad for Pichu. The fact that Recoil doesn't hurt you too much in the Pokemon games doesn't mean much because its a game mechanic designed to equalize the pluses of a really strong attack. IRL, if you are a weapon unto yourself and have limited control over said weapon, you're in alot of trouble most of the time. If you take a risk and unleash a powerful attack, you are likely to get hurt. Also, from what I hear about Pichu randomly discharging electricity, Pichu also has a hard time storing a strong attack and hitting correctly with it.

And if you guys are gonna bring up Pichu the BABY pokemon....
Then squirtle is the TINY turtle. :)
Yes, but bigger so than Pichu. And squirtle's mouth is actually bigger proportionally than a snapping turtle.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I really do not see squirtal having as much jaw strength as a snapping turtle. His mouth also looks like it won't get in such a good chomp like a snapping turtle.

Can squirtle get his head into the shell. It looks to big.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Oh snap!!!!

Actually, squirtle's jaws don't look too weak to me, but admittedly, my comparing him to a Snapping Turtle was only a suggestion, lacking neccesary research apparently :), that everyone (except you two) rode on.

Still, it doesn't look too weak to me. Squirtle also still has that little point on his upper lip. And the pic is a little unclear to of how it makes his bite so different from what Squirtle's could be.

Never mind, I see the idea behind it, and I don't have any evidence to suggest a stronger bite. :)

Sieguest

Smash Master
I really do not see squirtal having as much jaw strength as a snapping turtle. His mouth also looks like it won't get in such a good chomp like a snapping turtle.

Can squirtle get his head into the shell. It looks to big.
Nope.....
Oh snap!!!!

Actually, squirtle's jaws don't look too weak to me, but admittedly, my comparing him to a Snapping Turtle was only a suggestion, lacking neccesary research apparently :), that everyone (except you two) rode on.

Still, it doesn't look too weak to me. Squirtle also still has that little point on his upper lip. And the pic is a little unclear to of how it makes his bite so different from what Squirtle's could be.

Never mind, I see the idea behind it, and I don't have any evidence to suggest a stronger bite. :)
Get gimped....:laugh:
Um are squirtle and Pichu babies or the mind of a baby? Seeing they are born right of an egg.
both of them are n00bs to each other...."ooh what does that dooo......OUCH"
fail...

Sieguest

Smash Master
I apologize for the double post but....
I said if you shrunk them down to the size of a human.

They can run at 30 becaus ethey can cover a ton of distance in one stride:

For example, the cheetah can cover like 40ft in one stride due to how it moves. Seeing as it then Doe sthe motion to cover the 40ft so quickly, and repetitivley, its no wonder it can hit 70mph.

The hippo cannot move like the cheetah, but it does have one thing in common that helps it's speed: stride length.

When something can cover a greater distance in the time it takes to move, it is faster. Seeing as the hippo is rather long (10-16 ft) it's feasable to assume they can cover 9-14ft in a single stride, thus making them appear to be very fast, when comparativley, they are not.

he's a reptile, he has scales like normal turtles.

And also according to pokedex data, Alakazam has an IQ of 5000...

A good size elec eel can produce 650 volts, but they are much larger than pichu, and have alot more "battery" muscles and insulation.

If it were able to produce anything, it might be in the 100v range, around that of a juvenile eel.
gonna find out what 100volts could do...
took a look at electricity...
If squirtle took a bite at Pichu's head
I'll guess it'll kill it...but squirtle couldn't take the shock...
It's body size and where 100 volts of electricity has been released is too much...
a factor that we forgot to consider was amps....
of course to get the electricity out it has to move incredibly fast...f
1 amp= any one spot in which the elec through squirtles body flows has 6.25x10^18 electrons...

there are many electrons in electricity...and through Pichu's delivery system
(both cheeks) you're definitely getting about 3-5 amps....at least...

Watts is the actual power
100voltsx3amps=300watts...
imagine an electrical source that has to power a 300watt bulb...
if Squirtle going to go for Pichu's head then squirtle might as well just have a gun with it to shoot itself...after biting...

I'm officially going pro Pichu...I've been arguing for the little rodent this whole time so might as well now...:)
allright, Pichu will definatley get some kils now, but what if squirtle doesnt bit ethe head, and pichu cant slap his cheek against him?
I totally found my "control" counter here...

JOE! and I had already previously discussed A stable amount of electricity which Pichu could produce with mininmal damage to itself...so where did this
"Fry itself" stuff resurface from?

I know it still has little control of this amount, but this eliminates the "Pichu is gonna fry itself lololololol" thing....:0

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I totally found my "control" counter here...

JOE! and I had already previously discussed A stable amount of electricity which Pichu could produce with mininmal damage to itself...so where did this
"Fry itself" stuff resurface from?

I know it still has little control of this amount, but this eliminates the "Pichu is gonna fry itself lololololol" thing....:0
This is my theory....

I agree. Squirtle will still be damaged from shocks just as Pichu will. Yes, Pichu has control over its electric abilities, but limited so. Still, if you have limited control over a weapon, you're likely to be damaged just as your opponent is. I'm still in the mind that the recoil is bad, bad, bad for Pichu. The fact that Recoil doesn't hurt you too much in the Pokemon games doesn't mean much because its a game mechanic designed to equalize the pluses of a really strong attack. IRL, if you are a weapon unto yourself and have limited control over said weapon, you're in alot of trouble most of the time. If you take a risk and unleash a powerful attack, you are likely to get hurt. Also, from what I hear about Pichu randomly discharging electricity, Pichu also has a hard time storing a strong attack and hitting correctly with it.
This. If Pichu doesn't want to hurt itself, it can only use a shock that isn't capable of injuring Squirtle. The stronger the shock it hopes to deal, the more it will hurt itself. Also, Pichu shows an inability to store and deal electric shocks when it wants to. It randomly discharges these shocks and has little control over a number of factors that make this weapon potent.

Sieguest

Smash Master
This is my theory....

This. If Pichu doesn't want to hurt itself, it can only use a shock that isn't capable of injuring Squirtle. The stronger the shock it hopes to deal, the more it will hurt itself. Also, Pichu shows an inability to store and deal electric shocks when it wants to. It randomly discharges these shocks and has little control over a number of factors that make this weapon potent.
LOL squirtle's not going to take 300 watts in the mouth and live...
where'd did three hundred watts come from? I'll do the math
again

100volts (the value we determined Pichu would use in order to do minimal damage to itself

multiplied by 3 amperes (1 -2 amperes would require too much control....and 4-5 seems a little out of reach as well)

equals 300watts (derived from the electricity formula Watts=volts x amperes; Watts is the actual power of the electricity.)

If Uncle Sam tries to argue this math then I will choke him

As to the little control, yes it plays a part, but that isn't going to totally hinder Pichu...due to it's limited control it has limited time to deliver the shock before it discharge, it's not it's a charge and then right after the charge discharge sorta thing, Pichu has the capability to carry the charge for short...and definitely SHORT amount of time...no more than minute, if even half a minute, but it can carry it yes, and it has the speed advantage over Squirtle so getting close is this short span is completely possible! Pichu's mobility advantage also allows for getting around the initial approach thread....

Pichu use headbutt-Zap....or squirtle use scratch- Zap.....

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I'd have to say Pichu wins, especially with the Light Ball, but with EVs and Nature and IVs Squirtle wins.
But with squirtle having nature/EVs/IVs and Pichu having all those and a light ball Pichu wins.
Ima check serebii.net's damage calculation and see who wins with nature/IVs/EVs.
O MY GAWSH!
Squirtle wins WITH weakness!!!!!

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Argh.... I'm not even going to argue that. Me = confused. One look at Wikipedia's "Electrostatic discharge" article and I ex'd out of the page. :laugh:

EDIT: Holopaw - Don't. Game mechanics have no effect here. :)

Sieguest

Smash Master
I'd have to say Pichu wins, especially with the Light Ball, but with EVs and Nature and IVs Squirtle wins.
But with squirtle having nature/EVs/IVs and Pichu having all those and a light ball Pichu wins.
Ima check serebii.net's damage calculation and see who wins with nature/IVs/EVs.
Hate to break this to you...but the EVs/IVs and nature bonuses are not realistic...the fights are portrayed in real life! :) And yes electricity is realistic, think the electric eel...
Argh.... I'm not even going to argue that. Me = confused. One look at Wikipedia's "Electrostatic discharge" article and I ex'd out of the page. :laugh:

EDIT: Holopaw - Don't. Game mechanics have no effect here. :)
School rules!

Your EDIT is truth! :)

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Well I already did and I have this to say:
Pichu was BETTER in melee than in real life.
I checked it, Squirtle wins WITH pichu going first.
What a sad world......
Wait, if pichu uses a electric attack she/he gets hurt anyway, so now im thinking squirtle wins.
Get gimped Pichu.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Well I already did and I have this to say:
Pichu was BETTER in melee than in real life.
I checked it, Squirtle wins WITH pichu going first.
What a sad world......
Wait, if pichu uses a electric attack she/he gets hurt anyway, so now im thinking squirtle wins.
Get gimped Pichu.
Check your VM....:)

And the posts on the previous pages disprove this....

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Whirlpool
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
|The first three Pokemon have some nice general synergy revolving around floating traps, impressive healing, and teleporting in general to stay alive. Aside from their Interactions being defensive for the most part, their Super Smashes grant nice amounts of offense to help round them out. Well suited for players of any skill level.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam teleports the trio to the target after popping in and grabbing their arms. Feraligatr will then grab at the foe from behind them, and if successful, begin Pummeling like mad with Alakazam next to him at a perfect distance to regrab if they grab release. To switch that up however, occasionally Alakazam will use Teleport to switch both position with Gatr, and who has the foe grabbed, surely confusing the foe! While this is going on, Breloom can be controlled as he automatically winds up a Focus Punch, and when he's about ready to strike, the Pokemon who currently has the foe will release them into the air for him to jump up and strike!
|

UncleSam

Smash Master
I have a serious point to make but Marthage still hasn't answered my question yet so I wont say it yet,
and marthage you know the question but for everyone else:
what type of amp is Pichus cheeks?

Top Bottom