• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Rickety

Peace and Love
San Diego Smash Diego! <3

Smash Diego!
Saturday, August 1, 2009

WE ARE ABOUT BROTHERHOOD.
TRAINING.
ELITISM.
TEXAS.
BEVERAGES.
BEACHES.
PEACHES.
AND HAX.

Come chill with the UCSD posse, and you'll leave with some San Diego love.

Promotional Video

- Upcoming Triweekly dates:
(Pat's House) Coming Soon!

PLEASE BRING TV'S AND CUBES! THIS WILL MAKE THE TOURNAMENT RUN FASTER!!

LOCATION -
1326 Whitaker Avenue
Chula Vista, CA, 91911

TIME -
Sign-ups begin at 2:00
Bracket starts at 3:00

Players may show up as early 12:00 for warm-ups.

ENTRY COST -
Singles ($5 per person)
Venue Fee ($2 per person)

POT DISTRIBUTION -
Singles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Doubles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Crews (Winning crew takes all)

CONTACT INFORMATION -
For additional information, feel free to contact Rickety.

TOURNAMENT RULES: -

Stage and Character Selection

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.

Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams(Singles).

Banned Stages - Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle (Not DK 64), Great Bay (Singles Only), Flat Zone, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Yoshi's Island 64

Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series. Random select stages MAY be knocked out.

That's Right, you are allowed to Ban Neutral/Random Select Stages.

For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that first game. Each player is required to use that character in the first game.

The Loser of the first game will then announce the stage. The Winner will then choose his character. The Loser will then choose his character.

Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match. In regards to 1/100 chance of the CPU Ice Climber performing the freeze glitch: If the glitch is accidentally activated, the IC player must unfreeze his opponent and each go the opposite sides of the stage before they continue to deal damage/fight.

In regards to the Ice Climber Infinite otherwise known as "Wobbles" or "Wobbling": If you are about to fight an Ice Climber player in the Singles or Doubles tournament, BEFORE the match begins, you may ban the IC player from using the Wobbling technique in your match, if you wish. However, you must make that clear before the match has started. For instance, you cannot lose, then complain that you did not know about the rule and redo your match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.

For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON.
For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed.

Throughout the tournament, sets will be best of three, and championship finals best of five.
The tournament will use a double elimination open (and loosely seeded) bracket.

CREWS:
1. Each crew must write down the characters each player will be using during the entire crew section of the tournament. Players MAY NOT switch characters.
2. At the beginning of a match, each crew will designate their first player, double-blind unless either team is willing to disclose their first player regardless. Immediately after this, each crew will give its list of players and characters to the opposing crew.
3. Stage Rules: The 6 Singles Neutrals will be used (FD, PS, YS, FoD, DL64, and BF). Each PLAYER is entitled to ONE stage cancel.
4. No Johns.

CONTROLLERS

You are responsible for bringing your own controller.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

---

UC San Diego vs. UC Irvine 1 - College Crew Battle (Home, March 2006)
UC San Diego vs. UC Irvine 2 - College Crew Battle (Visiting, June 2006)

LuCKy

Smash Master
whooooot sd comin wit it ^____^

ill be there with a full set up

maybe 2 actually <3

also, we finally teamin azn lep?? you said next time we would :D

-edit my brother piggy needs a partner! the samus player from stabs tourney and hugos tourney if any of you played him

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i'll try my hardest to make it, if i do we're definitely teaming joey =] even though it's not at the official triweekly venue. hope to see you all there.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Hey Lucky, I'll team with your brother if he wants to. I have a good history of teaming with Samuses >_<

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
wtf rick! you didn't tell me you were gonna host a tourney! too bad i'm in LA. we should play sometime

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
hmm melee? sup havok and rick and waychu and everyone else.

see you guys saturday

LuCKy

Smash Master
awwww god damit . . ima go waste my singles entry on chips right now then. ill save enough for gas n doubles just in case lol

DJMirror

Smash Master
Attention 949 players

I was suppose to drive most of you guys to this tournament but my car front left tire is sucking **** and i dont want to risk driving like this so...if Kira or Cam is willing to drive me to this tournament then i'll pay for your gas or single entry fee

Thank you

LuCKy

Smash Master
fuuuuuuck it lol me n piggy got this. . . hooopefully ill see everyone there :]

not sure whose going anymore but see you at least rickety xD

Top Bottom