• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
1)The only thing I said about G. Bowser's fire being able to destroy Galleom was contact with Galleom's feul reserves.

Ok, did not read that properly.

2)I need more info on the armor because if the armor is heavy you're purposely nurfing him more by limiting his movement allowing G. Bowser to destroy him.

The armor consists of multiple thin layers of ultra tough armor that can resist HEAT missiles. Not even Armor piercing missiles can get thru it. And no, it is fairly thin and light.

3) every metal has a melting point... and a heat round is different than actual fire... HEAT means high explosive anti-tank round, you're giving me these links that you didn't read through. I'm seriously doubting the points you are trying to make here.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/m1-tank4.htm

The ceramic material can absorb a lot of heat, as well as heavy physical blows.
And having a melting point is going to do nothing if Giga's fire is not hot enough to reach it.

4)
seriously?
read the OP...
then come back to me
M107 shell are made out of steel
G. Bowsers flame can melt it in mid-air.

You are saying it as if Giga's fire has the range of a missile and things can get hot instantly. The thing will go off on Giga's face, even if he tries to.

5) oh... if he's out of fuel, then what is Galleom going to do?

We don't know how much fuel he has. Hypotheticaly speaing, Galleom will be at full power for 1 hour. By 30 minutes Giga is already very tired while Galleom can still fight at full power. By one hour Giga is dead.

6)

I lol'd at this, the point in TDB was to utterly **** the characters with real world properties... because if this followed the games than,

no johns.

I clearly said not TOO realistic. Never said anything about gameplay. That means that it is realistic but not ruled by rules of physics and stuff.

7)as for long range lock-on, that requires not only computer systems controlled by 'humans' but satallite control systems as well.
artillary fire is like: face the direction of the enemy and shoot really far. you need multiple computer systems to see where you/Galleom can't.

Galleom is a sentient futuristic robot. He may have the technology to do it.

8)

this makes his fuel run out faster for resons that shall be stated soon.

aiming while lying on the ground is bad for reasons soon to be stated.
The armor can be melted... I discussed this. and G. Bowser can grab him as Galleom is being propelled forward. Now if you actually read my WoT you'd know that these engines aren't powerful enough to propel him at high speeds.

Not TOO realistic. Otherwise, Giga wouldn't even move. A dinosaur needs extremely muscular legs JUST to move. Give that dinosaur a shell and he would get crushed.

Also, I dare you to try to stop a motorcicle with your hands.

9)Full power? nope, this fuel is:
1-being converted to electricity in his body to power his CPU
Electricity to power this up.

2-power engines in his body to move joints on a disproportionate part of his body which would take more energy than any other part
Yes

3-fuel for the missiles

All missiles/shells already come with fuel.

4-fuel for launching the missiles
All missiles/shells come with fuel.

5-fuel for engines on his feet 'if' Galleom can get them to work
Not TOO realistic. And yes.

6-fuel converted into energy for miscellaneous control systems
Maybe.

with an un-replenishable supply and the fact that Galleom is going to be moving alot this can dry out his supply's fast
As for G. Bowser getting tired carrying his shell... that was stupid. G. Bowser is extremely strong, that shell is nothing.
AS for Galleom falling over, 4 missiles, without proper aim since his position is not favorable for firing at targets, after his missiles are gone, he's defenseless.

[B]I already answered before. And going into the battlefield is stupid. All tanks and vehicles come with reserves, Galleom is a combat vehicle. Take a guess.[/B]

Also, vehicles come with two energy resources: electricity and fuel. You are saying Galleom probably doesn't have two or three energy resources.

I'm going to ignore this since I answered this above.

TL:DR
Toon Link Doesn't Read
Galleom sucks at being a robot

EDIT: lol at your image
EDIT2: learn to edit your posts
Answers in BOLD.

If you did not read my post and ignored a lot of significant stuff that was already explained, then, what is the point of answering?

TL:dr(NOT SAFE FOR WORK DUE TO GIANT ROBOT PEN!S)

http://img25.imageshack.us/i/gigabowsershoopdawoopby.png/
http://img406.imageshack.us/i/galleomcame.png/

UncleSam

Smash Master
If you did not read my post and ignored a lot of significant stuff that was already explained, then, what is the point of answering?
because you never mentioned those things in your post.

okay you're saying G. Bowsers fire isn't hot enough to melt these metals

I looked at Giga Bowser's flame color and it looks like a cherry red flame, so it's temperature could be anywhere from 800 C to 1000 C.
here is the temp of the flame that you stated. this can easily melt the outer metal layer as for the ceramic blocks under it. and even than we agreed that nintendo nerfed the fire it could be hotter for all we know
wikipedia said:
Ceramic tiles have a "multiple hit capability" problem in that they cannot sustain successive impacts without quickly losing much of their protective value
G. Bowser is strong enough to break through this without much effort, a few hits.
as for artillery shells aiming is an issue

I clearly said not TOO realistic. Never said anything about gameplay. That means that it is realistic but not ruled by rules of physics and stuff.
but... reality IS controlled by physics...

Not TOO realistic. Otherwise, Giga couldn't even move. Physics say so.
Are you forgetting how strong G. Bowser is? you've been focusing on Galleom so much that you've completely forgotten about his opponent.
3-fuel for the missiles

All missiles already come with fuel.

4-fuel for launching the missiles
All missiles come with fuel.
*facepalm*
they are 2 different things...
you need to fuel the silos that launch the missiles if they are mobile

I already answered before. And going into the battlefield is stupid. All tanks and vehicles come with reserves, Galleom is a combat vehicle. Take a guess.
I don't see any part of Galleom that can store more missiles/reserve fuel that is
1) already being used
2) combat tanks are loaded by a person, a UAV has a mechanism that loads for it, now since there are no external shells and no backup, than you're saying extra missiles are internal...

I don't see how Galleom could reload internally...

Also, vehicles come with two energy resources: electricity and fuel. You are saying Galleom probably doesn't have two or three energy resources.
Galleom is to big to run on electricity, the CPU, would have a internal battery that takes fuel and converts it use as electricity everything else is fuel

EDIT: I feel like I'm missing something, I'll get to it tomorrow

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
because you never mentioned those things in your post.

okay you're saying G. Bowsers fire isn't hot enough to melt these metals

here is the temp of the flame that you stated. this can easily melt the outer metal layer as for the ceramic blocks under it.
G. Bowser is strong enough to break through this without much effort, a few hits.
as for artillery shells aiming is an issue

but... reality IS controlled by physics...

Are you forgetting how strong G. Bowser is? you've been focusing on Galleom so much that you've completely forgotten about his opponent.

*facepalm*
they are 2 different things...
you need to fuel the silos that launch the missiles if they are mobile

I don't see any part of Galleom that can store more missiles/reserve fuel that is
1) already being used
2) combat tanks are loaded by a person, a UAV has a mechanism that loads for it, now since there are no external shells and no backup, than you're saying extra missiles are internal...

I don't see how Galleom could reload internally...

Galleom is to big to run on electricity, the CPU, would have a internal battery that takes fuel and converts it use as electricity everything else is fuel

EDIT: I feel like I'm missing something, I'll get to it tomorrow

1) Not hot enough to melt fire-resistant metal. I bet you think all metals are weak to fire because of pokemon.

http://www.chemicalelements.com/elements/fe.html/

Iron's melting point is 2795.0 °F. And that is a fairly cheap, common AND untreated metal.

F*ck Giga's fire, it won't do anything to Galleom.

2)Want to see how ****ed Giga would be if we took physics into account? T-rexes had extremelly muscular legs and a certain posture JUST to be able to support their weight. Now add a several ton shell to it's back, make it stand like a man and eliminate a fair amount of muscles. Giga's legs would get crushed under the weight.

3)You only need a spark to ignite the propulsion system. How do you get that spark? Electricity.

4)He is a Robot. He has a very ample chest. Or hell, since he is a futuristic robot! he may just run on oversized batteries. Or hydrogen. Or sunlight. There are already machines (not just cars) that work on that.

Your computer does not use gas to turn it on. and the fuel problem is moot because Galleom:

Made a pretty long journey through a desert

Fought two times

And managed to fly for a pretty long distance

And he did not run out of fuel AND could have fought more if he did not realize he was not match for three broken swordmen, three overpowered elemental beasts and a psychic.

More to come.

UncleSam

Smash Master
1) Not hot enough to melt fire-resistant metal. I bet you think all metals are weak to fire because of pokemon.

http://www.chemicalelements.com/elements/fe.html/

Iron's melting point is 2795.0 °F. And that is a fairly cheap, common AND untreated metal.

F*ck Giga's fire, it won't do anything to Galleom.

More to come.
HEAT round has nothing to do with fire... [HEAT-high explosive anti-tank)
and I was looking at the smashwiki and found this:
smashwiki said:
Infinite flame breath that droops lava also
oh and I got a 404 on your link it must be wrong
ALSO you're wrong steel melts at 2795.0 F
Ill be back on tomorrow night... hopefully. I'll be in canada

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
http://www.chemicalelements.com/elements/fe.html

And whatever, I already made my point and quoted more than Smash Wiki. Giga is no match for Galleom.

Galleom:
Pros:

Has long ranged projectiles.
Fire won't do anything.
Armour is resistant even to armor piercing missiles.
Galleom has armor piercing, high explosive shells.
Can function for a very long time.
Doesn't feel pain or gets tired.
Is more intelligent and effective than a living being.
Machine strenght.
Can transform into a fast, untouchable vehicle.
Vehicle form can't be damaged
Can fly.
Weakness is hard to hit.
Has a VERY long range.
Has an advanced CPU.
Is VERY durable.
Lots of options options.
Cold robotic mentality that makes him unstoppable.

Cons:
Has a VERY visible weakness on his back.
Weakness destroyed: no vehicle form.
If he gets hit on his fuel source...he will lose.
Completely hopeless without fuel.
Not as heavy as Giga.

Giga:

Pros:
Powerful attacks.
Durable shell.
Heaviest of the two.
Fairly fast for his size.
Breathes fire.
Powerful natural weapons (claws, teeth, horns)
Inside his shell=almost invincible
Fearsome appearance.
Powerful bodyslams.
Very durable energy.

Cons
Gets tired and feels pain.
Weakness easy to hit.
Hit on weakness=useless.
Shell can be pierced.
Useless inside his shell.
Lacks long-range projectiles.
Fire is short ranged and not very hot.
Limbs not covered.

Sorry if I sound annoyed and very conclusive....but I do feel annoyed right now.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Bowser could blow a sheet of fire that could hit the weak spots (back, joints). Also, I don't know where Galleom's intelligence comes from.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Assist
|
If Spore is activated in a Trick Room, the cloud will linger inside of it until it is absorbed by an enemy.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Besides his fire breath and shell, we can't tell how each of his attacks work. We can only tell he is strong because of his size, but we can't tell how strong he probably is etc. I can't defend Giga if I have little to work with.

-----------------

1) You basicaly made the job easier for Galleom. If Giga's shell only covers his back and is pretty thin, then you destroyed any and all defensive capabilities he may have. A single shell will heavily damage him. And his weight is reduced making him thus easier to push around and weaker.

It's basicaly a choose your poison scenario: Shell=slow as hell, thin shell=easily killed and less powerfull.

2) Galleom already moves like an ape. Nothing new here.

3) In the image with galleom and ike, galleom clearly positions his launcher so it can take the recoil. His shoulder absorbs the recoil.

And 4) Even if the insides are made of iron, they will still resist the heat. Iron melts at 1535.0 °C and only white flames or plasma will melt it.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Assist
|
If an opponent is under the effects of Spore's poison, Bisharp's bleed damage will extend by 1/2 a second per hit instead of 1/4 second when applicable. If the opponent is paralyzed or slept by Spore, Bisharp's attacks will do 25-50% more KB respectively.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

shboke

Smash Journeyman
i think it matters the enviroment if it was a smaller area then giga would most likely win due to his strength and fire, as well as his shell can most likely crush gall. and the spikes will help.

in a large area gall. would win due to his ability to escape and shoot, but bowsers shell might be able to take the missiles.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Giga Bowser kills Galleom. badly. he breathes fire, is super heavy, is super strong, can use hit shell to attackand has 3 stocks with mewtwo and Ganondorf at his side Only scroll over that if you have a sense of humor.
I really think Giga Bowser wins by a LONG run.

Sieguest

Smash Master
lol Uncle Sam and Memorable Random Guy were at it! :/ lulz....

Back to bring the pain...still going pro G.Bowser...
All of Galleom's resources are limited, and Bowser has ways to deal with Galleom's Resources...

Besides...if we're being "TOO Realistic, then Galleom is way off balance from where it's Center of Gravity may be.....push and Galleom is out of commission
there's physics for you children...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Besides...if we're being "TOO Realistic, then Galleom is way off balance from where it's Center of Gravity may be.....push and Galleom is out of commission
there's physics for you children...
True, and considering how far y'all went to nerf Kirby and MK, its only fair to go as far as you can here. :laugh:

JOE!

Smash Hero
The Breakdown

WEAPONARY

GIGA BOWSER: Fire Breath, claws, teeth

GALLEOM: 4 missles, fists, metal body

THE EDGE: GIGA BOWSER

Giga Bowser takes the weaponary round.

Unlike Galleom, his ranged attack doesnt run out of ammo so easily. His fire has the ability to cook Galleom's insides, and end the fight quickly. On galleom's behalf, his missles (while comparativley weak) could do some damage, but not to the likes of Giga Bowser, and with only 4 in supply, they are sort of unreliable.

In close combat, Galleom needs his fists to stay upright, seeing as he cannot support himself on his two back-legs. Fighting with ine arm vs a giant monster with claws and teeth isnt exactlky advantageous.

ARMOR

GIGA BOWSER: Tough scales, Shell, Spikes

GALLEOM: Metal Body

Although Galleom should be tougher with a metal body, he suffers from major weak areas in his joints, and the fct that his insides can be easily fried by G.B.

G.B. on the other hand can shrug off a punch or two by the one armed Galleom quite easily, and survive his weak missles well enough to keep going.

PHYSIQUE

GIGA BOWSER: large turtlesaurus rex

GALLEOM: large ape-like robot

Again, those joints bring Galleom down. G.B. seems just more solidly built, having no glaring weak-points like Galleom does in his back and joints.

THE WINNER
GAGA GIGA BOWSER

Galleom, like so many other warriors, is hindered in real life. He has weak spots galore, limited offensive capabilities, and even a problem staying in a stance.

Giga Bowser on the other hand is largely unaffected, only losing some or his more...supernatural powers.

That being said, when it came down to it, GB had all the tools, and Galleom didnt.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Assist
|
Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
well before we move on i liked to say....

GIGA BOWSER FOR GOD TIER!
(sorry i wanted to say that) ;) /fanboyism

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Whirlpool
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
|The first three Pokemon have some nice general synergy revolving around floating traps, impressive healing, and teleporting in general to stay alive. Aside from their Interactions being defensive for the most part, their Super Smashes grant nice amounts of offense to help round them out. Well suited for players of any skill level.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam teleports the trio to the target after popping in and grabbing their arms. Feraligatr will then grab at the foe from behind them, and if successful, begin Pummeling like mad with Alakazam next to him at a perfect distance to regrab if they grab release. To switch that up however, occasionally Alakazam will use Teleport to switch both position with Gatr, and who has the foe grabbed, surely confusing the foe! While this is going on, Breloom can be controlled as he automatically winds up a Focus Punch, and when he's about ready to strike, the Pokemon who currently has the foe will release them into the air for him to jump up and strike!
|

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
@JOE: that was melee. in brawl giga gets buffed and falcon gets nerfed. gg ;) now back on topic.

duon would fall over as soon as the fight starts. just better hope the pink side is facing upward.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Ah crud, I hate these boss fights.... Seems to me like Duon has alot of options unless you all bring him to reality.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Ah crud, I hate these boss fights.... Seems to me like Duon has alot of options unless you all bring him to reality.
Physics doesn't like super-smash brothers.......nuff said...
plus if somehow Duon defies physics...Meta-Ridley will just pepper that METAL with PLASMA SHOTS

You see what I'm saying....

Sieguest

Smash Master
So it seems that Duon will have to stay put or have the fear of tipping over >_>.
There is no fear...fear is not a factor for Duon....(lol that show is so old now...)
Duon has to stay put...or it WILL trip over! :)

But...Duon does have it's long range weapons it can try and take MR out with....
Depends on how strong the laser that the Pink side fires is....

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
  • If Spore is activated in a Trick Room, the cloud will linger inside of it until it is absorbed by an enemy.
  • Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.
|Fast, long-ranged and dazzling the foe with tricks, this team is definitely one that takes adjusting to for both players and opponents. Played best by constantly swapping who's playing to get the most out of catching bombs, swapping type, performing Super Smashes and the like, as well as constantly playing an offensive spacing war with the foe can easily make your head spin. If you are able to master this fast paced team however, you'll be rewarded with a high-octane team that can dominate the opposition. Just be careful or you'll end up being tossed around yourself!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Z provides the team with Agility as Alakazam puts up Reflect, all 3 turtling up before launching a rapid-fire array of Beams, Blasts and Seeds! Each pokemon will be able to fire multiple instances of their projectiles, with Z firing the current projectile he has equipped, and Breloom alternating Bullet/Leech seeds between seed bombs, all while being able to angle them in a 180* arc with the control stick. After about 2 seconds, the volley will stop and things go back to normal, except you probably have a pretty massive lead in terms of %.
|

Sieguest

Smash Master
ON that note would anyone like to say or show a video of Duo's arsenal.
Going based off what is seen in brawl..uhh..

Missles...
That Laser it can fire (with a kind of bluish color) Those bombs (bomb according to OP) and umm that's all I can think of right now...is that all?

for OP, I don't think it truly realistic for Duon to only be able to produce ONE laser...wouldn't it, as a robot, have a mechanism for firing a laser so that it could fire multiple ones....just a thought...

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Guillotine
|
  • If an opponent is under the effects of Spore's poison, Bisharp's bleed damage will extend by 1/2 a second per hit instead of 1/4 second when applicable. If the opponent is paralyzed or slept by Spore, Bisharp's attacks will do 25-50% more KB respectively.
  • Bisharp can hit Alakazam's spoons like his Metal Claws, which makes them behave just like them until they return to Alakazam.
|High offense is the name of the game, with all three combo-powerhouses sharing the stage! Alakazam is a cornerstone here, adding both spoons and Seed Bombs as both traps to work foes around, as well as extra projectiles for Bisharp to space foes with. Good for players of any level, just be wary of how fast you may end up going down due to the teams either low weight, weakness to being comboed, and/or mediocre recovery options.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam teleports the trio to the foe, and proceeds to grab and Upthrow the foe, causing them to levitate slowly upwards to the height of the top Battlefield platform. While this happens, Breloom and Bisharp both jump up and the player can button mash for the both of them to beat the crap out of the foe for about a second with A (Bisharp, on the left side) or B (Breloom, on the right). Once the second is up, Alakazam will teleport the foe and the last button pressed (A/B) determines who he takes with him and in what direction (Bisharp goes right, Breloom goes left) about a platform off the stage in said direction, or just a platform from the screen if there are no edges. When this occurs, you can buffer in the attack of your choice from either Breloom or Bisharp as if they were on the ground, making for a quick death by an off-stage Fsmash! Alakazam then teleports everyone (except the foe) back on-stage.
|

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Well so far I see some bombs that might be able to hold Metaridly a little bit from a ground assault.

I also see some rapid fire going on and some heat seeking missiles >_< ?

I think the Blue Duon will have to always be in teh back having some sort of support holding them up after each fire of a weapon.

Top Bottom