• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
How is it possible for G. Bowser to fit in his shell? Look at the size of it compared to his head/limbs.
poke40 said turtle, so I thought turtle-wise

There's no way he's fitting under there.
G. Bowser has a sturdy build, shell can offer some protection, but the rest of his body is like a tank

Galleom was made to kill stuff, so I think it's safe to say his missles are fairly powerful. Also, look at the size of those things.

lol they look like bullet shells...
crap I cant tell what they are I need specifications, short range surface missiles? they aren't that powerful if they aren't warheads which those missiles AREN'T
answered in quote

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
How is it possible for G. Bowser to fit in his shell? Look at the size of it compared to his head/limbs.

There's no way he's fitting under there.
G. Bowser has a sturdy build, shell can offer some protection, but the rest of his body is like a tank

That may be so, but a missle/bullet/bullet missle will still hurt him. He'd have to have pretty thick scales to completely protect him.

Galleom was made to kill stuff, so I think it's safe to say his missles are fairly powerful. Also, look at the size of those things.

lol they look like bullet shells...
crap I cant tell what they are I need specifications, short range surface missiles? they aren't that powerful, if they aren't warheads which those missiles AREN'T

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. lol Please find it.

Bullets still hurt, especially ones that size.

Responses in yellow.

Also, for some reason, I can't turn italics off.

UncleSam

Smash Master

Responses in yellow.

Also, for some reason, I can't turn italics off.
lol italics.
dude, you can clearly see massive scales in that Pic of G. Bowser and G. Bowser is bigger than galleom...
Horns? Jaw? massive spikes? t3h ph1r3? those can't decimate metal? there are multiple animals who can chew through tough materials...
and I'm talking about missile types, if it explodes, it's interesting... what can I say? I'm looking for the type of missile galleom uses so I can figure out if they are powerful enough to kill G. Bowser

hmmm. he only holds 8...

Sieguest

Smash Master
lol Pichu got gimped....>.> Sam learned electricity....

Now time to learn physics and ballistics...argument in a sec...

Here we go...
About Galleom's missle threat....there is an easy solution for this...fire....
G. Bowser flames the missles as they exit...done....

or...even better....G. Bowser Flames the top part of Galleom (the part where the missle launcher is concealed) The melts the metal there...and makes it impossible for missle launch...or Galleom could try to launch them any way and get itself blown up...:)

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman

For "missiles" the size of bullets, this would put a pretty big hole depending on how fast it is going and if they are incendiary, ordinary, or explosive missiles. An ordinary bullet about the size of one's finger going at about as fast as... umm let's say 400 feet p/s, can make a 10-15 inch hole in a man. Resize the missiles and their effects into the picture and we could see what could happen to GB's shell.

UncleSam

Smash Master
For "missiles" the size of bullets, this would put a pretty big hole depending on how fast it is going and if they are incendiary, ordinary, or explosive missiles. An ordinary bullet about the size of one's finger going at about as fast as... umm let's say 400 feet p/s, can make a 10-15 inch hole in a man. Resize the missiles and their effects into the picture and we could see what could happen to GB's shell.
Than it would have to be a BUZZARD missile which is too big for Galleom to hold, plus it's a warhead, warheads are too large, need space to fire, and if those bullet/missile things were warheads, nintendo nerfed the destructive power

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Than it would have to be a BUZZARD missile which is too big for Galleom to hold, plus it's a warhead, warheads are too large, need space to fire, and if those bullet/missile things were warheads, nintendo nerfed the destructive power
Of course Nintendo nerfed the destructive power. It wouldn't be fun fighting a boss that would constantly kill you in one hit.

Nothing in SSB makes sense. Bowser should be able to kill you with his down-b.

UncleSam

Smash Master
but that's if they were warheads, plus you can clearly see this isn't fired like a bullet a bullet is fired straight. Galleom fires it at an angle meaning it's a short range missile of some sorts which usually aren't too powerful(depends on how big they are) and in this case they are small

Sieguest

Smash Master

Smart aleck comment coming: If Ike can cut through that metal...then who knows what G.Bowser will do...

Anyway-my actual factoid- Since according to Zook SSB nerfs almost everything, then of course IRL that fire is more potent than we see....
Insane heat anyone?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Dumb*** comment coming: If Ike can cut through that metal...then who knows what G.Bowser will do...

Anyway-my actual factoid- Since according to Zook SSB nerfs almost everything, then of course IRL that fire is more potent than we see....
Insane heat anyone?
Fixed that for you, bro.

That second comment didn't even have to do with anything.

Let's not forget that Galleom has range on his side. Depending on where they're fighting, Galleom could just launch a full salvo of missiles at G. Bowser and blow him outta that shell.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Fixed that for you, bro.

That second comment didn't even have to do with anything.

Let's not forget that Galleom has range on his side. Depending on where they're fighting, Galleom could just launch a full salvo of missiles at G. Bowser and blow him outta that shell.
hmmm what's this? I should report this to a mod....oh wait.....

Okay then...there is something we call spit fire...if Bowser could get away with it, then G. Bowser would master it...range is not an issue...

EDIT: UncleSam- that just got sigged....

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
*facepalm*
OMG that's it! G. Bowser could just SIT on Galleom!
man... sucks to be Galleom right now
-_-

You know what I mean. In a realistic situation Bowser is fat enough to kill nearly all the cast by sitting on them. Also, G. Bowser is too large and heavy to jump.

If you're not going to be mature about this, go away.

hmmm what's this? I should report this to a mod....oh wait.....

Okay then...there is something we call spit fire...if Bowser could get away with it, then G. Bowser would master it...range is not an issue...

EDIT: UncleSam- that just got sigged....
C'mon, you know that was just a friendly joke.

Fire can only travel so far. I doubt G. Bowser would be able to spit fire more than 100 feet.

Galleom's missles, however, are probably long-ranged.

Sieguest

Smash Master
-_-

You know what I mean. In a realistic situation Bowser is fat enough to kill nearly all the cast by sitting on them. Also, G. Bowser is too large and heavy to jump.

Fire can only travel so far. I doubt G. Bowser would be able to spit fire more than 100 feet.

lol...I know...:) Just wanted to share in it with you...

Well then the Fire can play a defensive purpose to wipe out the missles before they make contact....

plus Galleom only has 8 missles...unless there is a missle station nearby...
Nintendo nerfs suck....

UncleSam

Smash Master
-_-

You know what I mean. Bowser is fat enough to kill nearly all the cast by sitting on them. G. Bowser is too large to jump.

aight Zook multiple things:
one- I posted that so Marthage could sig it were on a xat chat right now discussing this,
two- if they are long range missiles than they suck even more!
long range missiles require advanced guidance systems, a spacious launching station, and much feul. plus the fact that they are BIG. can Galleom seriously HOLD 8 long-ranged missiles?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
lol...I know...:) Just wanted to share in it with you...

Well then the Fire can play a defensive purpose to wipe out the missles before they make contact....

plus Galleom only has 8 missles...unless there is a missle station nearby...
Nintendo nerfs suck....
Do you have any idea how hard it would be to spit fire at an incoming missle? Try using a flamethrower to stop an incoming missle. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be very easy.

He only needs 8 missiles to cause serious damage.

aight Zook multiple things:
one- I posted that so Marthage could sig it were on a xat chat right now discussing this,
So that makes it okay to post it? Just copy and paste it, then put quote tags around it.

two- if they are long range missiles than they suck even more!
long range missiles require advanced guidance systems, a spacious launching station, and much feul. plus the fact that they are BIG. can Galleom seriously HOLD 8 long-ranged missiles?
I'm not a weapons expert, so I'm not going to answer this.

But by 'long ranged,' I meant that they can travel kinda far. Not an literal long-ranged missile.

UncleSam

Smash Master
But by 'long ranged,' I meant that they can travel kinda far. Not an literal long-ranged missile.
they would still be large, arguing the fact that Galleom couldn't support them
"they can travel kinda far" missiles are heavy... it takes lots of feul to keep one airborne, so the jet engine would be the bulk of the missile itself
(and missiles are only feuled the amount to cover the distance NO MORE NO LESS, so jet feul won't increase the destructive power)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Do you have any idea how hard it would be to spit fire at an incoming missle? Try using a flamethrower to stop an incoming missle. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be very easy.

He only needs 8 missiles to cause serious damage.
A flame thrower is very direct though...you said that a spit fire could travel at least 100 feet....that's plenty of distance to stop a missle...
G.Bowsers Flame Stream could at least reach 50...no danger there....:)

So that makes it okay to post it? Just copy and paste it, then put quote tags around it.

I'm not a weapons expert, so I'm not going to answer this.

no comment for the rest of this...Uncle Sam's deal...:)

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Hone Claws
|
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • If an opponent is under the effects of Spore's poison, Bisharp's bleed damage will extend by 1/2 a second per hit instead of 1/4 second when applicable. If the opponent is paralyzed or slept by Spore, Bisharp's attacks will do 25-50% more KB respectively.
  • When Bisharp commands Feraligatr to use a smash attack, Gatr's smashes are performed 25% faster than normal. When Bisharp and Feraligatr are the only Pokemon remaining, Feraligatr can also command Bisharp with his Smashes due to experience.
|It'll be a grueling battle of attrition for any foe going up against this team. Super Heals combined with loads of Bleed Damage, heavyweights and long-range smashes, they'll be quite the force to be reckoned with once they get the key hits in. If you like stacking the odds in your favor while putting down your foe, this is the team for you!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • On activation, Breloom will do the first two hits of his Jab, then follow with Sky Uppercut. If it all connects, the screen will zoom in on the foe as he's launched upward with Breloom, who cancels the uppercut to Zair and tosses them further up, only to be intercepted by Bisharp's Dair! Dealing a good deal of damage, but no KB as he passes through, Feraligatr can be seen in the little magnifying glass below as the foe reels in hit-stun. During this time before they hit the ground, Gatr can walk about and pretty much land the free smash attack of his choice, granted the player accurately follows the falling victim's DI!
|

sammy p

Smash Lord
OMG THE BATTLE FINALLY CHANGED!!!!!! lol
well is galleom has range but i think G. Bowser is a bit stronger fighting up close... but galleom could still hold his own..... ima say galleom..
sorry if i dont a good fight.... im not good at arguements... but i try to be, so thats why im here!!! lol

Sieguest

Smash Master
Gally has advanced weapons and PROJECTILES.

Giga Bowser has power, but it'd take a decent amount of force to break through Gally's metal frame.

I'd think a missile or 2 and gg.
eh...those missles aren't as powerful as one may think....
Galleom cannot substantiate a whole station that could harbor a powerful projectile...it basically has a oversized rocket launcher on a oversized reptile, with oversized scales....>.> and an oversized shell.....plus...there is always the flame defense and offense when up close...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Sup guys, what is this thread for?
We select two combatants from Smash, and put them in a COMPLETELY realistic environment. Then we see who is a better fighter. But everything is realistic, like Sonic can't run as fast as a race car (he doesn't have the build), and Ganon has no magic (no magic IRL).

If you think that a character's power might be realistic enought o work (like Bowser's firebreath), you have to do some research to prove it. :) Fun, fun.

Sieguest

Smash Master
This is gonna be good.....*anticipates*

EDIT: just so you know....DB says you have to do research...but he never does any...else he would've sided with G. Bowser already....

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, what kind of armor do you think that Galleom has? He was bult for combat purposes so it makes sense that he is heavily armored, but....Do you think he is as well armored as a tank or does he have light armor?

Anyway, turns out you can tell the fire's heat by it's color. Red=Hot, Orange=Very hot, white= very, very hot and plasma=extremelly hot.

I looked at Giga Bowser's flame color and it looks like a cherry red flame, so it's temperature could be anywhere from 800 C to 1000 C.

Also, turns a Bunsen Burner's flames are hotter than Giga Bowser's flames. Tells you something about that seemingly weak laboratory tool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Dragon's Rain
  • Sharpen_APP
  • Hone Claws
|
  • Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.
  • If a foe is Locked-On, Night Slash/Metal Claws/Sucker Punch/Faint Attack all will home in on the targeted foe automatically.
  • When Bisharp commands Feraligatr to use a smash attack, Gatr's smashes are performed 25% faster than normal. When Bisharp and Feraligatr are the only Pokemon remaining, Feraligatr can also command Bisharp with his Smashes due to experience.
|Watery Trick Rooms add a new piece to Bisharp's playing field with this team, and combined with Lock on, reliable Bleed damage and stage-covering damage, the stage is set for total foe lock-down! A bit tougher to grasp than most other teams, the key to victory here is swapping back and forth to get the most out of each aspect of the pairs, usually Team2 swaps in order for Bisharp to space both his and Z/Gatr's smash attacks effectively around Trick Rooms.

Shall0w

Smash Rookie
Well, realistically speaking, Bowser has skin made of dragon scales, so in essence, Giga Bowser would practically have super kevlar skin compared to normal Bowser.

That being said, I believe it would take quite a few missle to hurt Giga Bowser, were as Galleom is a robot, and Giga Bowser can just bite it's head off.

Sieguest

Smash Master
lol We all know that Nintendo never color codes flames! Shoot...it could be at a temperature that should be blue and they still show red......
Just kidding lol :) (no but seriously Nintendo does fail at that...)

@memorable random guy- forgot blue and yellow....lol- this is why my chemistry teacher hates wikipedia....since when were bunsen burners weak? fire safety always...
eh...I shouldn't nitpick like that! :) (Welcome to the boards by the way!)

Regardless...no way Galleom's armor could resist melting in that heat...it's toast....up close...

@Joe- A spit fire would only be used to rid Galleom of its missles... the flame stream could be used as well as a defense to run Galleom's arnament out...-then the up close burning begins...

@Shallow-welcome to the boards! :)

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
First things first, even though this account is not new, thanks for the welcome.

Blue is technically plasma, not fire, and maybe they mistook orange fire with yellow fire?

Anyway, I keep asking what kind of armor Galleom has that can be agreed by everyone because if Galleom has Chobham (tank) armor or anything similar, which is heat resistant and can take almost all physical blows, then fire would be useless...as would most physical, non-metal piercing attacks.

Then again, Giga Bowser has big scales and a very tough shell, but I doubt they are as tough as reinforced, multi-layered armor.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Rock Smash
  • Strength
  • Hone Claws
|
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.
|Team heavy, the three bulkiest Pokemon play their best when they combine their efforts towards bullying the opposition to oblivion. Armantle and Bisharp love having Gatr on the team, as Bisharp now has command over Armantle's boosted Smash Attacks, with super-armor! Or, Gatr's quicker smashes atop Armantle's traps. Combine that with natural staying power and great damage output with Bleed and Lava damage, and you got yourself one mean team.

Top Bottom