• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
Well so far I see some bombs that might be able to hold Metaridly a little bit from a ground assault.

I also see some rapid fire going on and some heat seeking missiles >_< ?

I think the Blue Duon will have to always be in teh back having some sort of support holding them up after each fire of a weapon.
Bombs?- Plasma shots
Rapid Fire?- No counter availiable :laugh:
Heat seeking missles?- Can be used against Duon

Recoil?-Blue Duon could stick it's pointy little hands in the ground and there is a brace for the recoil, but...this also changes the trajectory of most of Duon's shots now...which could be a problem....

EDIT: @Infinite Emerald- Any evidence to support that statement?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Bombs?- Plasma shots
Rapid Fire?- No counter availiable :laugh:
Heat seeking missles?- Can be used against Duon

Recoil?-Blue Duon could stick it's pointy little hands in the ground and there is a brace for the recoil, but...this also changes the trajectory of most of Duon's shots now...which could be a problem....

EDIT: @Infinite Emerald- Any evidence to support that statement?
Duon doesn't seem to have much to work with now thanks to those two big wheels

Sieguest

Smash Master
Duon doesn't seem to have much to work with now thanks to those two big wheels
Nintendo failed Physics class...:)

Speaking of which...I haven't picked on MR much...time to find flaws....

A-It can't jump nowhere near as high as it's former self...it's covered in metal now....>.>
B-Ridley is ALWAYS susceptible when landing, this flaw was caught in Ridley vs. Rayquaza, so Meta Ridley would be no exception. (sure shot anyone?)
C-Does MR pack enough power to do anything physical to Duon?

And now another thought- Duon has two sides correct? Why can't Blue Duon fight MR?
I'm sure Blue Duon is better equipped to defend itself.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
And now another thought- Duon has two sides correct? Why can't Blue Duon fight MR?
I'm sure Blue Duon is better equipped to defend itself.
Yes, but it's game shouldn't be to defend itself IMO. It should be trying to kill off MR before it becomes attacked. A plasma breath or any physical attack (any attack with knockback) will knock Duon over, regardless if it can defend itself.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Yes, but it's game shouldn't be to defend itself IMO. It should be trying to kill off MR before it becomes attacked. A plasma breath or any physical attack (any attack with knockback) will knock Duon over, regardless if it can defend itself.
*cough* it can't go on the offensive *cough* for various reasons *cough*

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Well, if Meta Ridley has its abilities from Brawl, and Duon only has one shot and can't jump...

Meta Ridley by a mile.
MR can take it to the skies to prepare attacks and avoid shots and has unlimited amount of attacks with its claws (as long as an arm or leg doesn't get shot off). Duon can only go two ways quickly on the ground and will take forever to turn around. If Duon misses, he's pretty much screwed. MR has his own projectiles as well, via shooting meteors out of his mouth (and lots of them).

Usually it comes down to better weapons, but when you can only use each weapon once, skill and abilities will dominate. Fast, flying creatures are difficult to hit, and ones that can attack you as much as you want.

Its Meta Ridley.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Stealth Rock
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
  • Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.
|Alakazam shines here with his telekinetic abilities, moving Fossil and Bomb alike to alter the flow of combat. This can lead to either very defensive or offensive play with how you utilize the interactions, on top of Leech seed either healing or burning on a foe, Alakazam's grounded teleport comes in handy when you can swap in a Breloom spore to give you time to think, or as always swap with Armantle in case he gets pushed offstage to give him amazing longevity. If Alakazam goes down, you still then have the options between high offense or defense based on who you make playable, making for a good choice for players who like to switch up their game halfway through a match.

|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam uses Dash Attack past the foe, grabbing them and re-appearing over Armantle and holding them in place like with Guillotine if they don't avoid that first part. After that, Breloom can be seen in front of Armantle as he opens his mouth wide, from ere you have about 2 seconds to mash buttons to "feed" Armantle seed bombs, each bomb he eats adding about 2% damage to what comes next. Once the two seconds are up, Alakazam teleports to safety, leaving the foe in the cross-hairs for eruption!
|

UncleSam

Smash Master
WHY DOES THE TOPIC ALWAYS CHANGE WHEM I'M AWAY!

well, GB still won so I feel accomplished, even tho I had something to say... I'll get back to MR vs. Duon
EDIT: MR has this I'll get back to you guys with reasons in a sec
EDIT2:
Pirate Lore, Meta Ridley: "The reconstruction of geoform 187, code-named Ridley, was recently completed. After his defeat on Zebes, Command ordered a number of metagenetic improvements for him. Though aggressive, we were able to implement these changes in a cycle. The metamorphosis was painful, but quite successful in the end. Early tests indicate a drastic increase in strength, mobility, and offensive capability. Cybernetic modules and armor plating have been added as well. We believe our creation, now called Meta Ridley, will become the mainstay of our security force, a job he will certainly relish."

Scan Lore, Meta Ridley: "Reborn and evolved through Pirate technology, Meta Ridley is a fearsome enforcer. Its armored hide is extremely resilient, save for the chest, which has thinner plating. The Pirates have fused a number of potent weapons to the creature, including a Muti-Missile System, a Kinetic Breath Weapon, a Meson Bomb Launcher, and an Ultrathermal Flamestrike Projector. Meta Ridley is also a formidable melee combatant, making any sort of engagement a risky proposition."

Lore from Metroid Prime, if you need any clarification just ask
I know everything about the metroid series

Sieguest

Smash Master
My uber stupid scan of the matchup....

A.Mobility
MR>>>>>>>Duon
Duon basically......can't move....suxs to be Duon

B.Fire Power
Duon>MR?
Duon has way more weaponry and what looks to be extremely more powerful weaponry than MR, Duon could use it's arsenal to possibly keep MR at bay were it not for it's disadvantage at "A"

C.Defense
Duon>>>>>>>>MR
Yes Meta-Ridley is now covered in a metal plating, but, it still has very easily noticable weak points, that on something the size of MR, are a fairly large target....Duon is completely armored and the Blue Side IMO has the tools to keep most of MR's ranged moves from having a complete effect...

Althouh Duon is 2 out of 3 here
I believe the win goes to MR...
Basically Duon's ghetto disadvantage at "A" makes its advantages in "B" and "C" much harder to be used effectively....

@KirbyWizard- Duon's head laser is slow, but what about the Laser's it fires from it's arms...those seem to fire rapidly...also keep in mind that MR's wings are a large and fragile target that can eliminate a very important strategy of MR's....

payasofobia

Smash Champion
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/ORD_Rail_Gun_BAE_Model_lg.jpg

This is a railgun. The only way Duon could shoot projectiles like those is if he had one.

Anyway, Railguns are weapons that 'acelerate' the ammo it has, which is non-explosive, and shoots it at seven times the speed of sound. That speed lets it ignore wind drift, bullet drop and gives it greater range.

Bullet speed: 2,520 meters per second.

maximun range before losing speed: 370 km

Firing speed: 10 shots per minute.

Accuracy: able to shoot a 5 meter target from it's maximun range: 370 km.

Recoil: low, considering Duon's is pretty heavy.

There is also the matter of ammo. Railguns are known to be able to carry a whole lot more projectiles than other artillery because it does not use fuel or rockets to launch the projectiles.

So yeah, MR might actually have problems approaching Duon.

Sieguest

Smash Master

This is a railgun. The only way Galleom could shoot projectiles like those is if he had one.

Anyway, Railguns are weapons that 'charge' the ammo it has, which is non-explosive, and shoots it at seven times the speed of sound. That speed lets it ignore wind drift, bullet drop and gives it greater range.

There is also a rapid fire railgun that is said to be released between 2020-2025 and that would explain Galleom's machine gun hands.

There is also the matter of ammo. Railguns are known to be able to carry a whole lot more projectiles than other artillery because it does not use fuel or rockets to launch the projectiles.
Where in the world did Galleom come from?

We're doing Duon vs. Meta-Ridley! lol

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman

This is a railgun. The only way Duon could shoot projectiles like those is if he had one.

Anyway, Railguns are weapons that 'acelerate' the ammo it has, which is non-explosive, and shoots it at seven times the speed of sound. That speed lets it ignore wind drift, bullet drop and gives it greater range.

Recoil: low, considering Duon's is pretty heavy.

So yeah, MR might actually have problems approaching Duon.

So according to this.....the outcome of the fight would be determined on whether Duon misses or not......and if he hits him, it would be like being hit by a being seven times faster than sonic without the bounciness and softness, piercing Ridley's armor not matter where it hits.

Of course, if he misses he would have to regain balance and if Ridley gets close he would not let Duon regain it.

Basically, this is a sudden death match.

Sieguest

Smash Master
So according to this.....the outcome of the fight would be determined on whether Duon misses or not......and if he hits him, it would be like being hit by a being seven times faster than sonic, piercing Ridley's armor not matter where it hits.

Of course, if he misses he would have to regain balance and if Ridley gets close he would not let Duon regain it.
Pff..Duon may lose its balance off the first shot...>.> There no room for movement the way Duon is formed....

physics nerfs....

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
But unless he shoots sideways, he is not going to trip. And he probably can control the movement of his tires, just like a lot of machines.

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
I think that even if Duon does miss he still has plenty of other options. Upclose you have 2 giant blades vs razor sharp claws. The only way I see MR winning is by major head biting or just going ballistic with his fire he spews. Either way: it's a dead MR. Duon just has so many options to choose from. Not to mention his Children's Oncology Group to keep him balanced.

Sieguest

Smash Master
But unless he shoots sideways, he is not going to trip. And he probably can control the movement of his tires, just like a lot of machines.
You missed Center of Gravity...
Any Jarring in Duon's movement is unstable due to where Duon's center of gravity is...

Why would Duon shoot sideways if MR is making a beam for him directly in front of it...

and that's just it about it tires...it can control its tires, but, that also leads to it's jarring itself again...

At Bibleonian- Again...Duon's mobility is limited...MR can focus on only one side and the other side is utterly useless to do anything or it may just mess itself up...

Plus Ridley spamming Plasma shots wouldn't be a bad idea against something that is metal....

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
And where is duon's center of gravity?

It's in his tires right? What if he uses the movement in his tires to keep balance? Or what if the weight on both sides of Duon are equal? Just because they are different does not mean they have completely different weights. The blades might as well be as heavy as the guns.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Look at the pic of duon found on the previous pages...
Duon's center of gravity is at the top of it's wheels....
a horrible spot...

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
Ok, maybe I should stay off this thread because my arguments keep missing one key element. This one is that I forgot that both sides can't do the same thing. I never caught it when someone said that Ridley use plasma instead of fire so that also trashes my argument. Can Duon spin at least? If not then there goes another idea. Gosh I really need to learn how to think before I type. I'm terrible at being in a forum.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Ok, maybe I should stay off this thread because my arguments keep missing one key element. This one is that I forgot that both sides can't do the same thing. I never caught it when someone said that Ridley use plasma instead of fire so that also trashes my argument. Can Duon spin at least? If not then there goes another idea. Gosh I really need to learn how to think before I type. I'm terrible at being in a forum.
It's okay to make a mistake! It's how we learn in life! :)
In fact your were on the right track saying heat shots....
Plasma is EXTREMELY hot so that's why I used what you said...:)
Welcome to the boards by the way! :)
Research is always your friend...that, and school! :)

Duon cannot spin- this points back to center of gravity....

payasofobia

Smash Champion
More info, this time on Ridley.

Meson Bomb: meson is part of the family of hadron particles and is composed of quarks and anti quarks. Also, I found no way we could probably use this realistically as a weapon. We either give him realistic bombs or no bombs at all.

Missiles: this is pretty basic. Missiles can be controlled after being shot and they are usualy of the High Explosive type. SO we will leave it at that.

Kinetic weapons rely on ultra high velocity to create overwhelming, penetrating attacks. These can reach MACH 25 speed.

Ultrathermal flamestrike projector: We have bombs that burn up all the air and create ultra high temperatures, so this is entirely possible.

Sieguest

Smash Master
More info, this time on Ridley.

Meson Bomb: meson is part of the family of hadron particles and is composed of quarks and anti quarks. Also, I found no way we could probably use this realistically as a weapon. We either give him realistic bombs or no bombs at all.

Missiles: this is pretty basic. Missiles can be controlled after being shot and they are usualy of the High Explosive type. SO we will leave it at that.

Kinetic weapons rely on ultra high velocity to create overwhelming, penetrating attacks. These can reach MACH 25 speed.

Ultrathermal flamestrike projector: We have bombs that burn up all the air and create ultra high temperature, so this is entirely possible.
WHERE THE FRACK IS MR GOING TO STORE MISSILES!?!

That is all...

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Look at the pic of duon found on the previous pages...
Duon's center of gravity is at the top of it's wheels....
a horrible spot...
And why exactly is that a bad center of gravity?

Don't we have clowns that can juggle balls while keeping balance over a ball?

Duon has hydraulic power and probably a mechanism especially built to keep him balanced.

Sieguest

Smash Master
And why exactly is that a bad center of gravity?

Don't we have clowns that can juggle balls while keeping balance over a ball?

Duon has hydraulic power and probably a mechanism especially built to keep him balanced.
A. The clown on a balls center of gravity is different from that of Duon...A clown on a ball depends on the clown's center of gravity...
You're comparing Apples to Oranges....A clown and a ball are two seperate objects, the balance there is dependent on the the Clown's CoG, if the clown CoG is in an ideal spot, then it can balance itself on most surfaces....
Duon is one machine, so it's center of gravity is dependent still on itself...and because it's in a bad spot...as reasoned above, and previous pages....it'll have trouble balancing on most surfaces unless it remains in one positon at all times! :0

B. It's a bad center of gravity because any tilt in a direction is magnified numerous times...and this results in falling over...game over Duon...

C. nothing on earth breaks the laws of physics...including machinery....

D. Looked at Duon battles...Duon Wheels always remain parallel to Duon's faces...in other words...the wheels cannot turn with Duon having to turn...
*trip*

@payasofobia- find one, because I know nothing on Metroid! :p

payasofobia

Smash Champion
A. The clown on a balls center of gravity is different from that of Duon...A clown on a ball depends on the clown's center of gravity...
You're Apples to Oranges....A clown and a ball are two seperate objects, the balance there is dependent on the the Clown's CoG,
Duon is one machine, so it's center of gravity is dependent still on itself...and it's in a bad spot...as reasoned above, and previous pages....

B. It's a bad center of gravity because any tilt in a direction is magnified numerous times...and this results in falling over...game over Duon...

C. nothing on earth breaks the laws of physics...including machinery....

D. Looked at Duon battles...Duon Wheels always remain parallel to Duon's faces...in other words...the wheels cannot turn with Duon having to turn...
*trip*
I have a question....can't Duon use his arms balance himself again? Or I dunno, can't Duon's upper body act as a clown's center of gravity, constantly tilting his upper body to keep balance? I mean, we are talking about a sentient being here.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I have a question....can't Duon use his arms balnce himself again?
err...not exactly...
If Duon falls over then yes it can try to correct itself, but it'll take a large amount of force (CoG kills) and the same CoG principle applies here too...at a point it will require a lot, but once it nears near right stature again, the force it originally exerted will be magnified once again...

This constant magnification and reduction makes it nigh hard for Duon to recover itself when it falls...it also will provide MR time to keep it down...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
But lets say I have a huge wheel with two pieces of cardboard on each side, and I have my strenght to represent hydraulic power. Would the wheel tilt completely to one side even if I used my strenght to keep it balanced?

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Whirlpool
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
|The first three Pokemon have some nice general synergy revolving around floating traps, impressive healing, and teleporting in general to stay alive. Aside from their Interactions being defensive for the most part, their Super Smashes grant nice amounts of offense to help round them out. Well suited for players of any skill level.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam teleports the trio to the target after popping in and grabbing their arms. Feraligatr will then grab at the foe from behind them, and if successful, begin Pummeling like mad with Alakazam next to him at a perfect distance to regrab if they grab release. To switch that up however, occasionally Alakazam will use Teleport to switch both position with Gatr, and who has the foe grabbed, surely confusing the foe! While this is going on, Breloom can be controlled as he automatically winds up a Focus Punch, and when he's about ready to strike, the Pokemon who currently has the foe will release them into the air for him to jump up and strike!
|

Top Bottom