• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't understand why Wizzerd wants Diskun as a playable character. My suggestion for the Duck Hunt Dog is more reasonable as a retro WTF character, at least, he does have arms and legs to fight with and is physically able to move. Something Diskun lacks and is physically incapable of doing.
Diskun does have limbs. Well, sorta. His arms are just extremely short and have no hands.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Diskun's stubs don't look like they can move. Diskun does not look like he was designed to move. At least Kirby and Jigglypuff can move their stubs.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Arcadenik said:
I don't understand why Wizzerd wants Diskun as a playable character. My suggestion for the Duck Hunt Dog is more reasonable as a retro WTF character, at least, he does have arms and legs to fight with and is physically able to move. Something Diskun lacks and is physically incapable of doing.
I don't want Diskun. I don't want retro or WTF characters at all, I think that none of them should have gotten in over many fan favorite characters (characters like Ice Climbers and ROB over characters like Mewtwo and Ridley is ridiculous(I recognize that they will keep appearing though)). I don't even think that Diskun is particularly likely. I just think that he could have a conceivable moveset.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Oh, sorry. But it's still pretty good. Little Mac will then have been in 4 Wii games counting that.

SSBB, Captain Rainbow, Punch-Out Wii and it's sequel. Nintendo seem to like the little guy all of a sudden.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Oh. I guess he could be unable to use it for a second afterwards.

That's a good point, but there are a lot of things in Smash Bros that the characters never actually did, like Ness, Lucas and Link jumping, ROB shooting a laser, etc. I mean, it becomes easier if the characters actually done it, but Diskun can still be given a walk that sort of suits his character. Say, he does a two-sprite animation, where he's leaning on the end of one of his legs, then the other, so he shuffles forwards slowly. As for the icon thing the icons really don't have the capacity to do much of anything, whereas Diskun has arms/legs/potatos that could conceivably be used for fighting. I have no idea if he did much of anything, but he could conceivably fight and retro/WTF characters always seem to bend the rules.

Link jumped before, and Lucas and Ness could pottentially do so as well, since they have legs. ROB having lasers was a bit of a stretch, but seeing as he is a robot, its not that impossible. But given that you have to make up a walk for Diskun, it should be apperent how poor a choice he really is. And yes, while Diskun does have nubs for feet, but that is it. At the very least with a Mushroom, it could grow or shrink, and a Pokeball could have random Pokemon popping out of it.

Oh, and Little Mac (as far I am concerned) is pretty much the surest lock at this point, and a second new game would cenment it even further. Of course there's no character who truly has a confirmed lock for SSB4, since SSB4 isn't even confirmed to exist yet.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A sequel doesn't necessarily guarantee him a spot, but it does raise the chances rather high. I also knew about this which is why I mentioned the ratio.
Agreed. However, due to the fact that he mostly punches, he could be an extremity extremist.

In other words, having a fighting style that revolves entirely around a particular type of attack. In this case, it's punching.

It can be done, though.

Grabbing, on the other hand? That could get tricky...

However, I'll be anticipating his appearance in an upcoming Smash game. *daydreams about Little Mac Vs. Star Man*

Oh, sorry. But it's still pretty good. Little Mac will then have been in 4 Wii games counting that.

SSBB, Captain Rainbow, Punch-Out Wii and it's sequel. Nintendo seem to like the little guy all of a sudden.
I think that may be because they realized that people like to stick out for the little guy (no pun intended). ;)

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Link jumped before
I'm just gonna throw my two irrelevant cents in here to say that Link could only jump off of things (which was actually more of a hop than a jump) and you couldn't make him actually jump in a flat plane.

Just saying.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
A while back I made a request in the SSB4 social group for somebody with photoediting software to make me an image for my predicted roster. Spire III took me up on the offer, thanks to him, and so here's this pretty little custom roster:

Some notes:
  • Spire III made the roster itself but the choices are mine.
  • Paper Mario has his own series, so he's away from the rest of the Mario characters.
  • If there is no Fifth Gen Pokemon or New FE Lord, Mewtwo and Roy can get in, respectively.
  • I decided to have Isaac on the roster instead of the protagonist of GS3 because I'm unsure of which is more likely, but Isaac has a nice Smash-style look and all.
  • All of the characters from new series (Starfy, Tom Nook, Little Mac, Ray MK III, Paper Mario, Isaac) may be replaced by a character from a new series that arises before SSB4.
Sooo... any criticisms?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While you're not supposed to grab in boxing (and Little Mac hasn't really done so) don't boxers normally grab each other a bit anyways? I've only seen a bit of real boxing, and all the Rocky movies, and there does seem to be some grappling in there. Also, I'm pretty sure that other fighting characters who only use punches (Like say Balrog) have throw moves of their own, which Mac could borrow from.

Sooo... any criticisms?
While I don't like K.Rool, I'll accept him. MM's picture should also be classic, rather than X. Isaac being with the third party column kinda bugs me, but that really can't be helped. Lastly, the only thing I really really disagree with is Black Shadow, since Goroh is a better choice in almost every way. (Really its like adding in Dark Samus before Ridley or something)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Agreed. However, due to the fact that he mostly punches, he could be an extremity extremist.

In other words, having a fighting style that revolves entirely around a particular type of attack. In this case, it's punching.

It can be done, though.

Grabbing, on the other hand? That could get tricky...
An all punch moveset isn't that absurd. Balrog (Boxer) and Steve Fox from Street Fighter and Tekken have handled this quite well. As for the grabs,

FThrow: Grabs the opponent and punches the opponent away in the stomach.
BThrow: Jumps around the opponent and punches him/her away in the back.
DThrow: Does a downward punch hitting the opponent on the head. Has no knockback, think of it like Snake's DThrow.
UThrow: Uppercut to the chin.
I'm just gonna throw my two irrelevant cents in here to say that Link could only jump off of things (which was actually more of a hop than a jump) and you couldn't make him actually jump in a flat plane.

Just saying.
You could make him jump with the Roc's Feather in Link's Awakening.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't want Diskun. I don't want retro or WTF characters at all, I think that none of them should have gotten in over many fan favorite characters (characters like Ice Climbers and ROB over characters like Mewtwo and Ridley is ridiculous(I recognize that they will keep appearing though)). I don't even think that Diskun is particularly likely. I just think that he could have a conceivable moveset.
Well, then by that logic, Samus should not be in Melee at all. She was retro back then. Which means Ridley never deserved to be in Melee at all. Also, no Marth and Ness in Melee. They were retro at the time. Marth is not retro anymore since he had a DS remake but Ness is still retro.

Look, retro characters pay respect to Nintendo's history. They were popular during the 1980s but now they are for nostalgia. Smash wouldn't be very interesting if all the characters are all from contemporary games and are overrated, or at least well-known.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Pieman0920 said:
While I don't like K.Rool, I'll accept him.
Glad to hear it. :laugh:

MM's picture should also be classic, rather than X.
Oh. That was Spire III that put the image of X on it (not trying to blame him), but I guess he put him because he has a nice 3D image whereas the classic doesn't.

Lastly, the only thing I really really disagree with is Black Shadow, since he really shouldn't be getting in.
I think BS is a better option, but it seems that Goroh has gotten more interest from Sakurai so he may be more likely... That said, it really depends on the roles BS and Goroh (and perhaps a new F-Zero character) play in a future F-Zero. If there is no new F-Zero, Black Shadow can be replaced with Lip, leaving the captain alone for the fourth time thus making me cry. >_<

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A while back I made a request in the SSB4 social group for somebody with photoediting software to make me an image for my predicted roster. Spire III took me up on the offer, thanks to him, and so here's this pretty little custom roster:

Some notes:
  • Spire III made the roster itself but the choices are mine.
  • Paper Mario has his own series, so he's away from the rest of the Mario characters.
  • If there is no Fifth Gen Pokemon or New FE Lord, Mewtwo and Roy can get in, respectively.
  • I decided to have Isaac on the roster instead of the protagonist of GS3 because I'm unsure of which is more likely, but Isaac has a nice Smash-style look and all.
  • All of the characters from new series (Starfy, Tom Nook, Little Mac, Ray MK III, Paper Mario, Isaac) may be replaced by a character from a new series that arises before SSB4.
Sooo... any criticisms?
This... This is pretty close to my dream roster, all I need is some Mewtwo and I am good. Only criticism is that "Megaman" should really be Classic Megaman, you have a picture of X up. That irks me.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Starphoenix said:
This... This is pretty close to my dream roster, all I need is some Mewtwo and I am good. Only criticism is that "Megaman" should really be Classic Megaman, you have a picture of X up. That irks me.
Mewtwo is certainly a great option and would be in if he was from any other series, but I decided that ultimately he's unlikely since he would cause the Pokemon series to shoot above Mario. Perhaps Lucario will be cut for him if he loses his popularity, but it's too early to tell. I should have known that Megaman X would annoy people... :laugh:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think BS is a better option, but it seems that Goroh has gotten more interest from Sakurai so he may be more likely... That said, it really depends on the roles BS and Goroh (and perhaps a new F-Zero character) play in a future F-Zero. If there is no new F-Zero, Black Shadow can be replaced with Lip, leaving the captain alone for the fourth time thus making me cry. >_<
We have no idea how large the next SSB roster will be, so Black Shadow and/or Samurai Goroh could get in without leaving the cap alone. We have no idea what the future will hold for us, so no worries. ;)

*Little Mac moveset justification*
Good enough, then. I actually forgot about Balrog. :embarrass

Pieman0920

Smash Master
How would he be the better option? The only thing he could really be is a clone that takes Ganondorf's curent moveset, and quite frankly, that's just the attitude of someone who's looking out for the LoZ series, instead of FZ. Goroh has been with F-Zero longer, has the pottenal to have his own non-clone moveset, and like you said, has had more attention from Sakurai. He's F-Zero's number 2, and makes much more sense than someone who was only the main villain in the anime. As for the possibility of a new character within the series, that's fairly unlikely. The game has a cast that keeps returning, and my guess is that if there was a big new character, they'd have to have at least two or so games with important roles in both to establish themself ahead of Goroh, or even BS. Technically Deathborne may do that, since he already has the one game with the important role already, but I very much doubt he'd still be a threat in the next game....if there is a next game.

day-day

Smash Ace
While you're not supposed to grab in boxing (and Little Mac hasn't really done so) don't boxers normally grab each other a bit anyways? I've only seen a bit of real boxing, and all the Rocky movies, and there does seem to be some grappling in there. Also, I'm pretty sure that other fighting characters who only use punches (Like say Balrog) have throw moves of their own, which Mac could borrow from.

While I don't like K.Rool, I'll accept him. MM's picture should also be classic, rather than X. Isaac being with the third party column kinda bugs me, but that really can't be helped. Lastly, the only thing I really really disagree with is Black Shadow, since Goroh is a better choice in almost every way. (Really its like adding in Dark Samus before Ridley or something)
When Boxers get into a round heavily they tend to lock-up each others arms or grappling as some call it to keep the other from getting a good hit. Ref's usually let it go for about 5-10 seconds before they tell them to break it up.

On topic though, I'd rather have Lucario over Mewtwo but that's just me. With Lucario they just need to fix his smashes as they are quite slow. If Little Mac is in the next one how would he play out? I'm sure there's a moveset around here somewhere but could some direct me to it? IDK why but I keep picturing little mac playing like Steve off of Tekken..

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How would he be the better option? The only thing he could really be is a clone that takes Ganondorf's curent moveset, and quite frankly, that's just the attitude of someone who's looking out for the LoZ series, instead of FZ. Goroh has been with F-Zero longer, has the pottenal to have his own non-clone moveset, and like you said, has had more attention from Sakurai. He's F-Zero's number 2, and makes much more sense than someone who was only the main villain in the anime. As for the possibility of a new character within the series, that's fairly unlikely. The game has a cast that keeps returning, and my guess is that if there was a big new character, they'd have to have at least two or so games with important roles in both to establish themself ahead of Goroh, or even BS. Technically Deathborne may do that, since he already has the one game with the important role already, but I very much doubt he'd still be a threat in the next game....if there is a next game.
How about Pico? lol

Also, off topic, Mewtwo has been kind of confirmed for Heart Gold/Soul Silver. This isn't meant to say it gives him a better chance of being in Smash 4 or anything like that, just some cool information for any Pokémaniacs.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
How about Pico? lol

Also, off topic, Mewtwo has been kind of confirmed for Heart Gold/Soul Silver. This isn't meant to say it gives him a better chance of being in Smash 4 or anything like that, just some cool information for any Pokémaniacs.
Pico doesn't really have much to make him stand out other than that he's been in since game 1. He'd probably have a Fox or Snake like moveset, but who's to say, since we've never seen him really do anything.

Oh and on that Mewtwo thing, I don't think it was ever confirmed. I remember seeing on Serebii that it was something that was unconfrimed along with some news on Latios and Latias. The L&L stuff was later confirmed, but the Mewtwo thing never was, and for all we know, was made up.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pico doesn't really have much to make him stand out other than that he's been in since game 1. He'd probably have a Fox or Snake like moveset, but who's to say, since we've never seen him really do anything.

Oh and on that Mewtwo thing, I don't think it was ever confirmed. I remember seeing on Serebii that it was something that was unconfrimed along with some news on Latios and Latias. The L&L stuff was later confirmed, but the Mewtwo thing never was, and for all we know, was made up.
I am trying to think of any F-Zero character who has much of a chance outside of the usual Goroh or Shadow. Maybe Dr. Stewart?

No, I know that was fake, but this was on the recent Pokémon Sunday. They showed a list of legendaries in HG/SS, one name was blurred out, but it wasn't done real well. And the Japanese lettering resembled the name "Mewtwo", that is why I say he is kind of confirmed. So the list stands at:

Ho-oh
Lugia
Entei
Suicune
Raiku
Mewtwo
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza*
Dialgia*
Palkia*
Giratina*
Arceus*

*=All by special means

Only bad thing is it makes me wonder about Celebi...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
From what I have seen what Samurai Goroh can do in Brawl, I don't see what's so interesting about him. If we are going to have a playable samurai, go with someone more interesting like Takamaru from Nazo no Murasamejou. From what I have seen what he can do in Nazo no Murasamejou (on YouTube), he would make such a fine retro Smash fighter.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Arcadenik said:
From what I have seen what Samurai Goroh can do in Brawl, I don't see what's so interesting about him. If we are going to have a playable samurai, go with someone more interesting like Takamaru from Nazo no Murasamejou. From what I have seen what he can do in Nazo no Murasamejou (on YouTube), he would make such a fine retro Smash fighter.
Takamaru? In my Smash Bros?

As cool as Takamaru would be, Little Mac or Diskun seem more likely as retro characters, and I doubt that Sakurai has the skill to make Takamaru much more than a Marth clone...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Outside of Goroh and BS (lol), Jody Summer (Summers?) is probably the most viable F-Zero rep.

No, it's not just because she has female anatomy.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I really think resurrection is the only thing that would make it any good. Anyway, why does tragedy have to include death? The castle and Samus' injury (I'm okay if Red's Pokemon don't actually die, but otherwise...) are enough tragedy. If you want to kill someone, kill a supporting character that isn't playable. Or, as an alternative, resurrect (not necessarily via magic) anyone who dies during the conclusion. It isn't cheap if they aren't playable after their death in the Adventure mode.
So you want to resurrect them as an after the mode thing.
Well, what I was thinking was after adventure mode was beaten, you could go back to any stage you played before. At that point, all characters ever playable would be usable. (Like in Brawl.)

Anyway, you are right that tragedy does not need to include death. It does leave in impression though. It would make people go WTF! and leave a lasting image in their mind.

I'm all for the SSE's story becoming darker but I think the death of main characters is a bit much. I think the story should become comparable to... *thinks about it* Fire Emblem for the GBA. The story's pretty dark when you view it in context but it definately doesn't seem weird for a Nintendo game. Seriously, having a game with Mario, Kirby, and death in it would be so... odd.
FE can have people die tough.

Smash is supposed to be light hearted as far as I'm concerned, and adding in the death of a character seems to just not fit in at all. Really, this is a crossover video game with little pink puff balls, electric rats, elfs in green tights, anthromorphic animals with futuristic weapons, and everything inbetween. Trying to incorporate these characters with overly dramatic or grim themes will just end in akwardness. (Also there's the fact that any plot development with any of the series is null and void due to this being a cross over game)
SSE tried to be dark, but came off more as a power rangers rip off. If it included more tragedy and dark tones, it would have been awesome. One way to keep the story light hearted is to be melodramatic and blow everything out of proportions. If it comes off silly, but is serious, it can leave a lasting impression.

I was thinking when Mewtwo died, there would be fluff and stuff falling with the explosion. When samus gets wounded, everyone is standing around a super deformed samus with stuffing sticking out. They would be melodramatic, sad and it would come of as serious, but down right ridiculous at the same time.

As for non-canon plot. This game gives the perfect reason to use characters slightly different then they had been used before. Who cares about how it would effect the canon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since you fellows are mentioning the possibility of a future SSE (or whatever name there will be for the next adventure mode), I was thinking that the next one should exploit the "crossover" aspect of the story a lot more.

Basically? I want to tangle with the Pig Mask Army, while using Solid Snake (or a Metal Slug character)! I want to see an epic Fist of the North Star-esque fist fight between Captain Falcon and Mach Rider, while they are standing on their respective vehicules! I want to see Star Fox, Kirby, Saki Amamiya and other characters unite to destroy Misago (an Ikaruga boss)! I want to see a power struggle between Bowser and K. Rool's respective forces!

Those are some examples of scenarios that could be exploited using the crossover aspect. But that's not all. I also want to see more locations from different games! The Mushroom Kingdom! Kongo Jungle! Crocodile Isle and the K. Kruiser (or Flying Kroc)! Hyrule! Zebes! Pop Star! Onett! F-Zero race tracks! Luigi's Mansion! Kitchen Island! Shadow Moses Island! Angel Island! Edo! Santa Destroy! Dracula's Castle! Heck, even the Video Wrestling Federation arena!

Granted, not all of this could be immediately realisable. But hey, one can dream, right? However, if there is one thing that we should let Sakurai know, it's this: We want a more fulfilling adventure mode!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We actually had no proof he was a REAL samurai until Brawl.
No proof? His name was a clue. And even if that wasn't proof, why do people want Samurai Goroh in the first place? Do they see the potential in Samurai Goroh as a viable Smash fighter? Or is it simply for the sake of having a second playable F-Zero character? Maybe it is the case... I mean, I remember when Samurai Goroh was revealed to be an Assist Trophy, they all latched onto Black Shadow like he's their only hope of having a second playable F-Zero character.

Takamaru? In my Smash Bros?

As cool as Takamaru would be, Little Mac or Diskun seem more likely as retro characters, and I doubt that Sakurai has the skill to make Takamaru much more than a Marth clone...
Why do you doubt Sakurai's skills? He is the one who made viable Smash characters out of obscure characters like Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, and R.O.B. I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't have a difficult time making a viable Smash fighter out of Takamaru. Its Diskun he would have a problem with. Remember, Sakurai did tell Iwata that there are some characters who are just too hard to incorporate into Smash. That's why he did not add Balloon Fighter, Bubbles, Excitebike, and Urban Champion... and possibly Sukapon, too.

Also, Little Mac is not retro anymore. He hasn't been retro since May 2009. He won't be retro next year either. If there is no new Punch-Out game in the next 10 years, he would be retro again. But right now, he is not retro.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While I do support Goroh as the second F-Zero character, its true that he may be unnecesry beyond being said second F-Zero character. But perhaps that really is enough. A good deal of secondary characters in Smash never really brought anything of their own into the mix, yet were still included. Diddy, Ike, Lucas, Metaknight, and Dedede didn't bring anything new to Smash itself, other than bringing more representation to their resepctive series. Thus, Goroh works out just fine as far as I'm concerened, though I'd still be understanding if he doesn't get into SSB4. (Though I would have a problem with Black Shadow getting in instead, though I think I've said why enough times already)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While I do support Goroh as the second F-Zero character, its true that he may be unnecesry beyond being said second F-Zero character. But perhaps that really is enough. A good deal of secondary characters in Smash never really brought anything of their own into the mix, yet were still included. Diddy, Ike, Lucas, Metaknight, and Dedede didn't bring anything new to Smash itself, other than bringing more representation to their resepctive series. Thus, Goroh works out just fine as far as I'm concerened, though I'd still be understanding if he doesn't get into SSB4. (Though I would have a problem with Black Shadow getting in instead, though I think I've said why enough times already)
I thought that the main reason why SG is likely was because he is Falcon's main rival, but hey. Your justification is as good as any though, so I won't argue with that.

Why do you doubt Sakurai's skills? He is the one who made viable Smash characters out of obscure characters like Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, and R.O.B. I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't have a difficult time making a viable Smash fighter out of Takamaru. Its Diskun he would have a problem with. Remember, Sakurai did tell Iwata that there are some characters who are just too hard to incorporate into Smash. That's why he did not add Balloon Fighter, Bubbles, Excitebike, and Urban Champion... and possibly Sukapon, too.

Also, Little Mac is not retro anymore. He hasn't been retro since May 2009. He won't be retro next year either. If there is no new Punch-Out game in the next 10 years, he would be retro again. But right now, he is not retro.
This reminds me, didn't Sakurai once said that Takamaru would have to fill some criteria before he will consider adding him as a character (something about reappearing in a sequel or port of the original game)?

Sad to hear about Sukapon. I hardly knew ye, pink one. :(

As for Little Mac no longer being retro...well, technically, yes. It's mostly thanks to the tried-and-true success of the Punch-Out series back in the day, but yeah, he's not retro at the moment. :)

That said, seeing Little Mac fighting Mario would be some sort of funny aneurysm moment...:dizzy:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I thought that the main reason why SG is likely was because he is Falcon's main rival, but hey. Your justification is as good as any though, so I won't argue with that.
Him being Falcon's main rival puts him ahead of other F-Zero characters, though it doesn't mean F-Zero should get a second character. Of course, as other series have had characters who havn't technically contributed new mechanics, Goroh doesn't really need to either, and thus the inclusion of a second F-Zero character may just be a issue of popularity.

Denrar

Smash Rookie
They need to eliminate clones.
Make ganon use his sword.
Change falco and wolf a little more.
If they want to add an alternate of a character (say toon link) change up their moves, i wouldnt mind if there was paper mario, toon link, tetra, etc. as long as they were different.
Most of all they need downloadable content, they could add a stage or character every once in a while (for a fee).
As for a name, I would go for Super Smash Bros. Fray

Clownbot

Smash Lord
They need to eliminate clones.

As great as it would be, it won't happen.

Make ganon use his sword.

Ganondorf.

Doesn't.

Need.

A mother****ing sword.

Change falco and wolf a little more.

Lolwut? They're, like, the least clone-ish.

If they want to add an alternate of a character (say toon link) change up their moves, i wouldnt mind if there was paper mario, toon link, tetra, etc. as long as they were different.
Most of all they need downloadable content, they could add a stage or character every once in a while (for a fee).

Downloadable content?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Comments in bold, because I'm feeling pretty bold.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
Ho-oh
Lugia
Entei
Suicune
Raiku
Mewtwo
Dialgia*
Palkia*
Giratina*
Arceus*

etc

Only bad thing is it makes me wonder about Celebi...
Celebi will probably be in the forest shrine.
Mewtwo is gonna need a role in HG/SS to raise his chances.
Theres a 13th film in the works based on Ho-bo & Lugia. If Mewtwo gets tossed in there as well, he might become flavor of the year again (As Lucario was). Lots of kids dunno who Mewtwo is anyway. A reintroduction would probably save his ssb chances.
Seeing as how Arceus still plays a role after D/Pt (HG/SS), it would seem strange to add Mewtwo to HG/SS after 5 years of no spotlite and then give him no script.
Mewtwo was going to be featured in a G/S movie back in 2000, but then that got scrapped and Mewtwo also did not appear in the G/S game.
-00:13- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tffrxlBZQIc)

The next G/S movie (being made now) might give Mewtwo that chance he almost had 9 years ago.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ssb4 should be based around the competitive players than the players seeking "fun" o.o

who needs fun. i sure as hell dont o.o

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't see what's the obsession with giving Ganondorf a sword. Is giving Ganondorf a sword really going to change him? For all we know, he could still be a clone with a sword just like how Ganondorf still was a clone with a sword in the hacked Melee. Its clear Sakurai doesn't care about that crap... giving Ganondorf a sword isn't going to change him. Look!

B: Ganondorf charges his sword and stabs forward hard... like the Falcon Punch, but with a sword!

Side B: Ganondorf swings his sword and slashes upward... like the Raptor Boost, but with a sword!

Up B: Ganondorf leaps into the air and stabs the opponent with his sword and electroshocks them with it... like the Falcon Dive, but with a sword!

Down B: Ganondorf thrusts his sword downward and stabs on his way down... like the Falcon Kick, but with a sword!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom