• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
It's amazing how contradicting I am. I say that a model takes days if not weeks to make... then I finish the darned thing the very same day I say that. The main Body of Dead Hand is officially finished, save for the texturing.

I could have went into greater detail, but since I am going to have it textured, I decided to leave it kind of plain. Also, I had a problem with the bottom half. It just never looked right. While the neck and face and shoulders were smooth, the bottom half is very polygonal. Thats probably because I just stretched the body RIGHT out of the head (Lesson learned: Never make a body out of outstretched head.) Maybe a good texture will cover that flaw up? I hope so... I have never textured before.

Some improvements I made: At first, my Dead Hand looked like a very angry and growling beast. But then I looked at a picture for reference, and realized that Dead hand doesnt look angry... he looks really happy! I wondered why I wasnt feeling the great sense of creepiness about MY Dead Hand then I did about OoT's dead hand. it's because I was doing it wrong! Dead hand wasnt scary because he was a monster, he was scary because he was SMILING! The Mask Man Method, as it were. So I added a great big smile! Now he'll get your legs a-shakin'!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Hey, I found a picture of Link on a Japanese picture site and felt like I should share it. I think it looks rather cool and it sort of depicts Link in an Ike-ish manner. Maybe we could use it for a Link concept? Anyway, here it is:

edit: wait, it wont show up. oh well.

7 years

Smash Rookie
Wow, nice job zaneeba.

I'd like to contribute to this project but I have no idea how I would do that. I wouldn't want to get in your way.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'd like to contribute to this project but I have no idea how I would do that. I wouldn't want to get in your way.
Be an idea person. Just come in the thread every now and then, say your idea, get input from others, and then make it better with that input.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Zaneeba, that's incredible, I know already that it's gonna turn out great. I hope I can too contribute to this thread. I'm sort of experienced with PS, so I can probably make a map if it's needed.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Indeed that's pretty **** epic Zaneeba!!

What program did you use? I really wanna play around with this thing.

Mewter

Smash Master
Woah, Zaneeba, that looks great! :)
Yeah, the smile looks more creepy.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Zaneeba: Cool. :bee:

7 & Chris: Welcome to the project.

TM: Lol, is the link messed up for anyone else? (I'm talking about the link to the picture, not the Link in the picture. :laugh:)

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Zaneeba: Cool. :bee:

7 & Chris: Welcome to the project.

TM: Lol, is the link messed up for anyone else? (I'm talking about the link to the picture, not the Link in the picture. :laugh:)
Dang japanese people! They wont let you view it without an account, I see. never mind, then. I had to barely make an account, lol. I don't know what I put for half of my application.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Here is some dungeon design I did for a fire dungeon; it could be one of the Labrynna or Holodrum dungeons, since Death Mountain has frozen over. However, this was originally designed to be the second dungeon in a project I never finished.

It's difficult to see from here, so I would recommend saving it and opening it in Image Preview. Below the images, I have a walkthrough posted.

Yes, I did it in MS Paint. Don't complain; I didn't do this for looks.

1F

2F

3F

Enter the door at the southeast at 1F to begin the dungeon. The first room is a simple hallway, with walls and ceilings made of molten rock. Next, simply enter the door straight ahead. This room was supposed to be a hideout for Gorons, in order to protect the cavern, but at this point, I'm not entirely sure what it will be used for. The door to the north is locked, so the player's only option is to continue heading west. After opening this door, the player is introduced to a magnificent, three-story room with a massive pit of magma in the very center. In the center of the pit, there are three bridges that you must shoot down with the Hero's Bow in order to cross. Unfortunately, the player does not have the Hero's Bow yet, so the only option is to head north, defeat the Tektites, and enter the room to the north, because the door to the right is barred from the outside. Defeat the Fire Keese, and to the right there is a gate blocking the entrance to another small hallway. Enter the room to the left, defeat the Torch Slug, and you'll notice a switch with a block on it. Simply pull the block off of the switch, and the gate will open. Now continue down the hallway past the open gate, defeat the two Lizolfos, and blow open the wall with the Bomb Flower (you weren't supposed to have bombs at this point). In this next room, there is a Beamos sitting on a switch. Use the same bomb flower to defeat the Beamos and deactivate the switch. This will open a gate, where you will find a small key. Now enter the door to your left (the same door that was barred from the outside), and you'll find yourself back in the room with the giant magma pit. At this point, you can either head directly south to a room with a Stalfos and the dungeon map (destroy the Stalfos and the chest will appear), or you can skip the map and head back east. You'll find yourself in the room near the entrance. Head north to the locked door, and open it.

In this next room, you'll have to cross several small pits of lava. After crossing a small bridge, defeat the Dodongo in your way. Then proceed to jump across several platforms that quickly sink into the lava when stepped on. Be careful and time your jumps. On this next platform, you'll be faced against a Lizolfos. Defeat it, continue jumping on the hazardous sinking platforms, jump onto the thin platform against the wall, wait for the spikes to jut from the wall before crossing, and start you way up west to the second floor.

The next room is a circular room with a platform covering the perimeter of the room. In the center is four small islands with Beamos on them. A bomb flower is understood to be in this room, but I'm lazy. Defeat the beamos, and you'll see a Boomerang switch (sort of like in TP) that creates a bridge to a fifth island in the very center. Now open the chest with the small key, and open the locked door to your left. Now you'll find yourself in the gigantic magma pit room again, only this time on the second floor. Run across the room, but be careful when walking across the thin platforms, or you'll fall to your death. Defeat the Torch Slugs, cross to the other side of the room, then defeat the Tektities, and open the door. This hallway is flowing with hot magma, all over the floors and walls, so be careful not to touch it. Simply defeat the Tektite, and proceed to the door at the other end. Simply jump from platform to platform in this room, carefully so that you don't fall into the magma, and defeat the enemies. Collect the small key, defeat the Dodongos, and head up to the third floor.

I know the background is dark green in this room, but if you fall you still fall into the magma in the room below. Be careful not to fall, defeat the Stalfos, and don't worry about the chests to your left and right - unless you know for sure which chest does what. The left chest sets you on fire, and the right has a purple rupee (lol I'm so cruel). Now use the small key you just got in the room below to enter the midboos chamber (I don't know what it will be yet).

Before entering the door to the east, look to the north and west and take the compass and the Hero's Bow. Now proceed to the east. Don't fall in the magma, and defeat the three Lizolfos. Now continue through the door (which will be barred during the fight). Here's the fun part. There is a small rowing boat sitting at the edge of the platform. Use this to row your way through a long, perilous magma river. Along this river, you'll encounter several enemies, including two new ones: Octofires (may rename later) and Infernalfoses. Infernalfoses are a lot like Stalfos but use a flaming sword, and are also faster. I'll draw one eventually. After defeating the Infernalfos, head south to 2F. Proceed to defeat the Beamos, and continue down the river - STRAIGHT. Defeat the Dodongos, collect the small key, and read the wall inscription: "Do not enter the path of the skull, for you will surely die" (subject to change); this is not necessarily written by Darbus, but some Goron elder (this dungeon was planned to be in a sequel to TP; that's what the project was). When heading back to the intersection you just crossed, obey the inscription and avoid following the path with the Big Skulltula. Where I wrote death, that's where you fall off and die. Avoid the wall spikes, and head back to 1F.

Keep following the river, and you'll end up back in the huge room with the magma pit. A diagonal wall will keep you from wandering from into the pit with the boat, so now that you have the Hero's Bow, it's time to shoot down some bridges. If you go ahead and shoot down the bridges in the huge magma room, you'll find yourself standing in front of a locked door, so head north to the room with the Stalfos. After defeating the Stalfos, collect the key, leave the room, then head to the east, close to the entrance of the dungeon. Once you're in the room with the green squares that represent whatever that room will be used for, head north back to the room with the sinking platforms. Keep going until you see bridges hanging from the ceiling that you shoot down, then open the locked door to the north. Defeat the 15 Dodongos, how ever long it takes you, then collect another small key to your left, and finally the big key to the north. To obtain the big key, though, you must defeat a Dark Beamos, another enemy I will probably draw and post later.

And no, you can't cheat by opening locked door F with Small Key E. Cheating is not allowed.

Now head back to the gigantic magma pit room, cross the bridges, open the locked door, defeat the Infernalfos, and head to the boss that I know nothing about.

And that's it. This took forever, so I hope you guys enjoyed it. More coming soon!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I have a couple of more as well. I'm about halfway through a water dungeon, which was originally a sunken ship from the Great Hylian War before OoT, a completed sky dungeon, a completed desert dungeon, and a completed but relatively simple forest dungeon.

This is irrelevant, but Toon Marth and I now have the same number of posts. :)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Underlined names mean that maps are available. Click on the names to see the maps. Please keep in mind that all maps are taken from Oracle of Seasons, and are not representative to the actual size of cities, regions, etc. These are only to show were they are in correlation to Oracle of Seasons.

Holodrum is a coastal nation resting to the northwest of Hyrule. Travel between Holodrum and Hyrule cannot be successfully done on land, the nation has little reason to worry of the technological downfall which Hyrule experienced.

The nation has no concept of separation between religion and state. There is little reason for it, however, as “religion” is a term used lightly, and the entirety of Holodrum sees the Maku Tree as a “deity” of sorts. The country is ruled over by a council of Holodren (“Holodren” being the term for citizens of Holodrum, derived from the word “children”) under the guidance of the Maku Tree.

Holodren are very against the concept of a single ruler for a nation. Having witnessed the collapse of both Hyrule Kingdom and Ambi’s Kingdom, they do not believe that monarchies are successful governments. Because of this, they are wary of single rulers or leaders having supreme power over the rest of their “group”.

While Holodrum did benefit from the technological power of former Hyrule, they did not depend on it entirely. Rather, the country is better known for its research and development of magic rings. While magic rings were not a concept exclusive to Holodrum to begin with, Holodrum became for more advanced in the field than any other nation. Now, all magic rings in the world are exported from Holodrum. Because of this, the nation is a very wealthy one.

Horon City

Horon City is the largest city in Holodrum, as well as the capital city. The city is the home of many major locations in the nation. Some examples of these are the location of the Maku Tree, Vasu Jewelers Headquarters (Vasu Jewelers being the leading company in research and development of magic rings), and Left Biology Institute.

The “headquarters” of sorts for the Holodren Council is located on the northern edge of the city. It is a large building in which all the decisions for the country are made. The building is located directly next to the Maku Tree. However, smaller trees around the Maku Tree make a direct path between the Council Building and the Maku Tree impossible.

In the mid-south of the town is a massive park known as “Fountain’s Edge”. In the middle of the park is a giant fountain. Fountain’s Edge is a major tourist attraction, and the only place in the city proper containing foliage (with the obvious exception of the Maku Tree’s Clearing).

West of Fountain’s Edge is the shopping district. The shopping district contains the headquarters of all the major companies based in Holodrum (with the exception of Vasu Jewelers. Their headquarters is east of Fountain’s Edge). Many famous shops have “member’s areas” where only members are allowed to enter. The majority of the general public does not know how to become a member.

In the southeast corner of the city is the Left Biology Institute. A prestigious university, the Left Biology Institute was founded 765 years ago by a local biologist, Dr. Write Left. The most famous biologists in the world come from this institute. It’s said that the institute was built where Dr. Left’s house once stood.

In the northwest corner of the city is an area devoted to farming, known as the Horon Fields. The Horon Fields are the largest agricultural center in all of Holodrum. On the edge of the fields is Horon Market, an area for the trading of crops. In the market, there are rumors of a mysterious shop known as the “Advance Shop”, which some people claim you can only find if “your life is advanced”. The existence of this shop has yet to be proven.

The Maku Tree’s Clearing is an area on the northeastern edge of the city. It is an area that could be described as a miniature forest, with the massive Maku Tree in the middle. Anyone who visits the clearing is allowed to climb the Maku Tree, yet the process of being given authorization to enter the clearing is so expensive that it is rarely done by anyone but the richest sightseers.

Dead center in the town is a massive clock tower, designed by a former Holodren, Tick Tock. The clock tower is said to have been inspired by the clock tower of Termina’s Clock Town, however there is little known basis to this theory. The clock tower is said to hold a dark secret within it. However, the Holodren Council has forbidden all entrance to the clock tower, so it seems that we shall never know.

Port Embee
Horon City is bordered east and west by beaches. While the eastern coast is of little value and only serves as a passageway to the Samasa Desert, the western coast is the site of Port Embee. Named by the sea captain who opened the port some hundreds, perhaps even thousands of years ago (presumably after an old flame of his), Port Embee is an extremely important spot in Holodrum.

When this port was opened, trade between Holodrum, Hyrule, and Labrynna became possible, as Hyrule and Labrynna were previously inaccessible from Holodrum, despite Hyrule being a neighboring country. Holodrum benefitted greatly from the trade, and technology advanced for the country. As exports of magic rings increased, Holodrum only grew wealthier until it was able to rival (but not surpass) even Hyrule. Since the collapse of Hyrule, Holodrum is the richest country in the world.

Port Embee also features a graveyard on the west side of it for those born in Port Embee.

Holodrum Thoroughfare
With the advent of greater technology came the ability for quick transportation. Originally it was on horse-drawn carriages, but as technology advanced, so did the capabilities of vehicles. To maintain convenience along with the new vehicles, a large highway of sorts was built just north of Horon City, called the Holodrum Thoroughfare. The Thoroughfare stretches across the country for high accessibility.

Eyeglass Lake
Resting underneath part of the Holodrum Thoroughfare, Eyeglass Lake is a small piece of old-time Holodrum that has been virtually untouched by modern technology. Because of this fact, many of the River Zora who live in the lake were able to evolve into more humanlike creatures which, while more closely resembling humans, were still unquestionably fish. The River Zora took to the Unicorn’s Cave as their own “Zora’s Domain” (while still calling it the Unicorn’s Cave, though). The River Zora do not like the Sea Zora (the friendly Zora we know and love), and vice versa.

Samasa Desert

The Samasa Desert is a region in the southeast of Holodrum. The entrance is along the eastern coast. The Samasa Desert is, in theory, connected to Hyrule’s Gerudo Desert. Despite this, it is not a road between Holodrum and Hyrule. The desert is extremely dangerous, and anyone who enters is declared legally dead if they do not return within three days realizing just how stupid of an idea that was. Because of this, the Samasa Desert has never been explored fully.

Spool Swamp

A consequence of having increased technology is the increased crime rate that goes with it. Within Spool Swamp is a cave known as Poison Moth’s Lair. The Lair was once accessible via a vine, but the vine has since been burned, and the cave is inaccessible. It is generally believed that a criminal gang calling themselves the “Sword Hunters” uses the Poison Moth’s Lair as their hideout. No one has been able to confirm this, however, as there is no known way to enter the lair.

All we have as clues towards their occupation there is cryptic graffiti on the walls of the swamp saying to “jump over the switch”.

Tarm City

Rather than preserve the Tarm Ruins for study, the Holodren Council decided to instead rebuild Tarm as it once was to a new city. Tarm is a bustling city in North Holodrum, and is home to the Holodrum Military Center. Tarm, for the most part, does not stand out in any other way; especially when compared to Horon City.

Temple of Seasons

Located at the Northern Peak, the Temple of Seasons is a major place of worship in Holodrum. Prior to the technological revolution, Holodrum was heavily based in agriculture. While Holodrum has since advanced to be known more magic rings, they have the Holodren have not forgotten their roots, and still give thanks to the Season Spirits for their importance and benevolence over all of the years.

It is said that the Temple of Seasons is the resting place of a magical staff known as the Rod of Seasons. Whoever holds the Rod of Seasons has the power of the Season Spirits in their hands.

Moblin Castle

Over the ruins of what was Sunken City stands Moblin Castle. Moblin Keep was situated across Sunken City for many years. When the technological collapse of Hyrule hit, Holodrum was not ruined, but it was still heavily shocked. The Great Moblin took advantage of this and attacked Sunken City. With most of the military in Hyrule assisting refugees from Hyrule City and the rest on the other side of the country in Tarm, the military did not arrive in time to fight off the moblins. The city fell in three days. Since then, the Moblin Army has been amassing in Moblin Castle, preparing for whatever it is they have up their sleeves.

Mt. Cucco
Mt. Cucco is a popular adventuring place in Holodrum. With Spool Swamp allegedly being filled with criminals and the Samasa Desert being suicidal, Mr. Cucco is probably the single best adventuring spot in the country, so explorers regularly come to try to climb it. Within Mt. Cucco is a mining facility known as the Dancing Dragon Mine Shaft. Once lost long ago when water filled the cavern, the Mine Shaft has since been drained, and mining has continued.

Goron Mountain
Home to the peaceful Goron race, the country was shocked to discover that Mt. Goron was an active volcano when it erupted. Only the Gorons had any idea, as they lived in the mountain and knew of the lava within. Because of this, when the volcano erupted, they managed to stay safe. However, the lava flow made its way down the mountain to Moblin Castle, forming a natural, near-traversable barrier around the castle, ensuring that no Holodren would ever be able to make it into the castle to attack.

But still, the Goron race remained to live in the mountain. The Gorons chose to be mostly away from the rest of Holodrum, so they do not have as much of a benefit from technology as everyone else does. This does not become a problem, though. The Gorons are peaceful, so everyone else returns that peaceful attitude.

The Gorons are master craftsmen, though. For this, they do trade with the people of Holodrum. Most of the world’s melee weapons are made here.

Woods of Winter

The Woods of Winter stand in the east of Holodrum. Some of the Woods have been cleared away for residential areas, but a large part of the forest remains untouched.

Natzu Gate

When it was found that the Natzu region held countless underground ores such as diamonds and gold, mining began almost immediately. However, it was soon found that the Earth’s crust at Natzu did not go very deep. In fact, it was hollow. Geologists and scholars were shocked to find that underground, there was far more than just dirt and rocks, there seemed to be an entire ecosystem underground. The Natzu Mining Facility was renamed the Natzu Gate, since it seemed to lead to a different world entirely; a world called Subrosia.

Subrosia Village

Subrosia Village is the area in the hidden land beneath Holodrum. The village is a small part of Subrosia, and the only part accessible to the outside world. The Subrosians have forbid travel past the village to all outsiders.

On the northern edge of the village near the lava springs is the Subrosian Dance Hall. The Subrosian Dance has become very popular in Holodrum, and is now practiced in Holodrum. To the east of the Dance Hall are the Ore Fields, a place where Subrosians commonly dig for the local currency, ore chunks. In the south is the Lava Lake, a popular spot among Subrosians, but a hostile, untouchable area for all others.

Between the Lava Lake and the Ore Fields is the Natzu Gate which connects Subrosia to Holodrum.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
While adding some much needed details to my Dead Hand, my program crashed and I lost a lot of stuff that I did on him... Like his arms and his tongue and some other important things...

*sigh*... Oh well.

Darkurai

Smash Master
While adding some much needed details to my Dead Hand, my program crashed and I lost a lot of stuff that I did on him... Like his arms and his tongue and some other important things...

*sigh*... Oh well.
Oh wow that sucks.

In other news, my Holodrum post has been updated with Horon City. I'd link to it, but you can just scroll up.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Darkurai: I like the Holodrum info. Glad to see Labrynna's sister nation getting some attention. Also, I like how it's pretty much ruled by its religion, though in a decently solid way, while Labrynna, at least the way I see it, is very secular in its organization, with a democratically elected council.

Now, it's been a while since I posted here, but I haven't forgotten about it. I've just been busy with a project for a summer class. Still not done, but I've got some time at the moment, so perhaps I'll lay out some of my idea for how Labrynna can fit into the plot. Since we don't really have too too much overall, I'll be vague and general with how it relates to Hyrule especially.

So, Labrynna is renowned for its flourishing academic environment. Thus, it seems that the best reason to come there would be to learn. I'm thinking perhaps Link hits a wall in his travels and needs information to proceed. Maybe he finds an ancient map that he can't understand unaided? Thus, he is directed to Labrynna, perhaps Lynna U. He travels here by sea, arriving in Lynna City. He can hang out there interacting with minor characters and go to the uni, where he'll talk to some scholarly types that of course can't help him, and direct them to the head of their department, who's currently heading the excavations at the Palace Ruins dig site. Link can travel north along the river till he gets there, and he can meet this scholar, perhaps having to find him inside the dungeon-like ruins? I mean, ruins seem a bit obvious as far as dungeon ideas, but if they're done well, that would make it worth it.

I'm still not sure how that would get him to other places, like the Yoll Wastelands, but it'll need to be fleshed out. I don't want to be totally Zelda-cliché and have the scholar be trapped inside the ruins, and the only way to save him is with items hidden in 3 dungeons across the land, because that feels too easy and too overdone. But he needs to have a purposeful reason in the plot to go to these places. Hm, I'm not great at this part, so yeah.

Anyway, I want to continue thinking about the Yoll Wastelands dungeon. I'm thinking of it as a dungeon only in that it is a distinct place complete with a boss, puzzles, enemies galore, and stuff like that. I see it as being mostly/completely outside, possibly with some nasty caves or what not. I see the area fitting in a palette of purplish-brown, greenish-brown, and similarly nasty, dark colors. Lots of swampy trees with roots sticking out of the foot of mud-water that can limit Link's routes into distinct paths in areas to make it have some semblance of order. I can't help but think of the Metroid Prime series, though there wouldn't be random natural walls with special doors in them. That would be a bit silly in this context. But anyway. Deeper in the swamp, the ruins of the ancient fortress that once stood there (in OoA-past) would form some of the terrain. While the swamp has risen to fill the ruins and make them unenterable, the top of them are covered in vines, trees, and roots. The ruin area of the swamp would have tree-climbing and vine-swinging to create platforming-ish puzzles meant to reach a higher area.

Enemies of the Yoll Wastelands:
Since I want this place to be truly terrifying, and since it's set on the site of an old fort, there should be lots of dead-person-themed baddies. Please, put something like that magnificent Dead Hand in there. I've said it before, but imagine a Dead Hand grabbing Link out of nowhere in the middle of the swamp. Throw in how his movement is restricted by the terrain, and that battle would be so scary. Also, redeads or their equivalent. Some vines should try to grab Link and suck him under as well. Keese seem necessary, in large quantities in places. I'm imagining the swarms as seen in LCT. Stalfos can be found towards the ruins area.

More later, maybe.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Darkurai: I like the Holodrum info. Glad to see Labrynna's sister nation getting some attention. Also, I like how it's pretty much ruled by its religion, though in a decently solid way, while Labrynna, at least the way I see it, is very secular in its organization, with a democratically elected council.
It's an honor to receive a compliment from the man who was my inspiration. I was worried that I was pulling too many things directly from the game and expanding them. And I didn't actually notice the contrast to Labrynna. Good catch, that's actually a very good idea.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone mind if I made a dungeon map for the Frozen Reactor, and a boss for it? I've been having some nice ideas in my head, but I was going to check if anyone else already started one.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I say sure, go ahead. I honestly don't have any ideas for the Frozen Reactor. I will post the Sky Dungeon map/walkthrough eventually, though. I guess that could be another Labrynna/Holodrum dungeon. Be warned, though, I designed this Sky dungeon to be incredibly hard.

Scott!

Smash Lord
It's an honor to receive a compliment from the man who was my inspiration. I was worried that I was pulling too many things directly from the game and expanding them. And I didn't actually notice the contrast to Labrynna. Good catch, that's actually a very good idea.
Haha, that's a lot of what I did too though. The only things I added were Talusia and a few small towns; everything else is just from the games, but much later. Also, I like the Horon City stuff, especially the clock tower. It mirrors Ambi Tower in a way. Also, a dark secret? That tower is totally not a dungeon. Not at all... :D

Edit: Hard dungeons are awesome. Just as long as the challenges are difficult by their puzzles or strength of enemies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wow!

:bee:

You guys have done so much. I'm tearing up here. I've been caught up with some things, but I assure that I'll properly respond once I get the chance, along with a huge OP update from the past ten pages or so.

Keep up the amazing work, every one of you! Oh, and welcome aboard young ones!

Scott!

Smash Lord
Port Embee as a name is full of win. I'm looking forward to the rest of what you've got in store for Holodrum. Looking at the map, there's plenty of room for some very interesting stuff. But Spire, pull yourself together. :)

And now, for some elaboration on Lynna City by Scott! First off the general flavor of the city. Like itself in OoA-present, I see it with a blue and white based color palette. That, to me, just seems to suit a port city very well, and when I picture places, color helps a lot. Because of the building laws giving a max height, as dictated by Ambi Tower, no buildings are larger than 4-5 stories. Buildings are generally white with low, blue roofs. The city was originally built up around the tower with a plan, so streets are wide, and make a radial grid. But the further out you go, the less sense the roads make, the narrower the streets get, and the poorer the people are. Thanks to a city government program, though, the whole city is kept very clean and well-maintained, and even the poor aren't too terribly badly off, for the most part.

If the city is a semi-circle on the coast, then the tower is its center point. It is right on the coast; no paved roads come between it and the sea. In its general vicinity are the main buildings for the governments of both Lynna City and Labrynna. Not much further out can be found the main campus of Lynna University, which is towards the southern part of the city. It is close to the bridge to Eyeglass Isle, which is unofficially considered part of the university, as the school library now has most of the ancient tomes. As for other stuff... maybe soon.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Presenting the Sky Dungeon!

~Sky Dungeon~

If you read the walkthrough of the fire dungeon I posted, this should be much easier to understand. However, I will explain it quite thoroughly.

1F

2F

3F

4F

After entering through the south door at 1F, in front of the player are two locked doors to the right and left. Ignore these for now; they'll be of significant use later on. Head straight for the door to the north, defeat the two Dinolfos, and proceed.

In the main room there are four bridges coming from the circular balcony surrounding the perimeter of the room. Each bridge intersects at the center, where there is a chest containing a piece of heart. This room is actually a tower in the very center of the dungeon. Surrounding the room, there are several locked doors that have differently shaped locks. The only door that is not locked, besides the door the player just entered from, is directly to the north. Enter this room, defeat the Big Skulltula, and use the Hover Boots to float over to the door to your left. Defeat the Stalfos, ignore the fake chest because it will summon a Wall Master or something, then use the Lens of Truth to see through the fake wall and collect the small key behind it. Head back to the room with the swining blades, hookshot across, and open the locked door. Now use the spinner (if the spinner is not included, I will change this room) to reach the platform to the north, defeat the Iron Knuckle, collect the map, and use the spinner to follow the track and take a strangely shaped small key. Now jump off of the track to the platform you entered on.

Once you're back in the center tower, open the locked door to the northeast, and continue up the staircase to the second floor. In this next room, simply defeat the four Lizolfos, then head to the east, since it is the only accessible door at the moment. Once you enter this door, it will be barred shut, though. This is a complicated puzzle. By shooting the north switch with the Bow, a platform, only visible with the Lens of Truth, will appear. Use this platform to jump across and collect the Compass. Be careful, though; after five seconds the platform will disappear. While using the Lens of Truth, look to the east, and there is a switch on that platform. Jump across and simply step on it to create a hookshot target on the other side. (Ignore the hover boots thing I wrote) Then hookshot across, collect the small key, defeat the Big Skulltula, head back to the room where you defeated the Lizolfos, and open the locked door to the west. Now you're on the second floor of the center tower.

Don't open the chest in the center; it will freeze you (I'm so cruel, lol). The door to the north is locked, so continue to the west, defeat the Darknut, get the small key, open the locked door to the north, climb the staircase, and proceed to the midboss.

Once the midboss is defeated, collect the strangely shaped key and the Double Hookshots (that item was planned for this dungeon, but it's subject to change), and climb down to the first floor center tower. Open the locked door to the far east, defeat the Beamos, double hookshot your way across the quickly falling targets, collect the next strangely shaped key, then hookshot your way back when the targets reappear. (The targets are similar to those in the City in the Sky in TP, the ones that fall when you weigh them down). Now head to the door to the northwest in the center tower. Defeat the Raptor, and continue on. This room is quite simple; defeat all of the Lizolfos, and once they're defeated, collect the next strangely shaped key. Now head to the door to the west in the center tower (I labeled the keys wrong. My mistake), defeat the Iron Knuckle, then collect the next strangely shaped key. Now head to the southeast door in the center tower, defeat the Darknut, and collect both of the small keys in the next room.

If you have a good memory, you'll know what these keys are for. Head south to the dungeon's entrance, open either the right or left door (doesn't matter which for now but we'll go with right), then head up the staircase to the second floor. Defeat the two Darknuts in this room, then collect the big key. Now that you seem to be at a dead end, go back to the entry room and enter the left door. Simply head up the staircase again, defeat the Iron Knuckles, and collect a small key. Now if you pay attention to your surroundings, you'll see another platform to the west (there is another one to the east on the hallway from the right door of the entry room), hookshot the target, climb onto the platform, and continue up the staircase to the third floor. Now you'll find yourself in a large hallway that connects the left and right staircases. Head to the center of the corridor, open the locked door, proceed through the short hallway, and enter the boss's chamber.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
WOO! Sky Dungeon is here! And I have an quest proposal!

Quest: Find the Lost World!: Okay, so since you guy insist on Tingle being here, and Spire even added him to the OP, here eet eez. Poor Tingle's life work is about to go down the drain when you find him near the Zora's Domain town. His life's dream is to have his entire collection of sea charts compiled into one big map, and have it published by Mapco, Hyrule's leading map publisher. Sadly, they will not publish dear Tingle's map for it is missing one sector of the chart: Yushu Isle, the lost world. Shrouded in mystery, this is an area not often braved by seafarers. Link, having the utmost pity for Tingle, volunteers to chart this area for Tingle's map. Link must travel to the farthest reaches of the ocean and chart an island covered in mist and fog. There is even a sub-dungeon in the center of the isle, where an indian-like race, the Yushu once held their Temple. Link must explore the entire island, solving puzzles and unraveling the mystery of the Yushu. Once complete, head back to Tingles house and show him your poorly drawn map, revealing that Link is not much of an artist. He rewards you with a share of his pay-off for his map, which he unfortunately requested in fairy dust. Take your fairy dust to Pola the Scientist to have her make you the Fairy Vest. This "magical" vest can eradicate the curse of the sub-dungeon in Yushu Isle. Go back to Yushu to complete the optional dungeon to get Celestial Rod. This rod lets you manipulate the very stars themselves! Try it out!

This rod is needed to complete several puzzles in the Star Temple (a mandatory dungeon creation of mine) that are optional to get to a room where your sword may be upgraded! Difficult, complicated, and completely worth your while.

Darkurai

Smash Master
You know, I waited like, two hours last night for you guys to post so that I could announce an update without double posting.

Here, I had a lot of time for more updates.

I'm nearly finished.

Also, the Spool Swamp is essentially just one big shout out. Anyone who gets the reference is immediately awesome.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
So you're making a wiki about a fictional zelda game? What's the point then?Why not make an entire wiki based on theory of yo-yos being super conducters?! WHO'D USE IF IT'S GIVING YOU TIPS AND ADVICE IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO USE THEM?! IT'S LIKE GIVING AN EMO A KNIFE AND TELLING HIM NOT TO CUT HIMSELF! IT WOULDN'T WORK AND MAKES NO SENSE! I MEAN WHAT'S THE POINT?
edit: Ok, I apologize for the outburst, although the idea was different then what I thought it was doesn't mean I should've insulted it and it's creators and my friends. I just wasn't aware of the reality and was using a misunderstanding as idea fuel as an attempt to fit in and gain respect from the community. Once again I apalogize and shall leave you to your quest no matter how odd I find it.

Darkurai

Smash Master
So you're making a wiki about a fictional zelda game? What's the point then?Why not make an entire wiki based on theory of yo-yos being super conducters?! WHO'D USE IF IT'S GIVING YOU TIPS AND ADVICE IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO USE THEM?! IT'S LIKE GIVING AN EMO A KNIFE AND TELLING HIM NOT TO CUT HIMSELF! IT WOULDN'T WORK AND MAKES NO SENSE! I MEAN WHAT'S THE POINT?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
0_0 Okay then... and StinkomanFan, I think when Spire said a wiki of sorts, he didn't mean making a wiki page for our project (or did he?). He meant he wants this very thread to be an organization of facts about our game that doesn't exist. It's like making a wiki, but we are not actually doing so.

Spire

III
BRoomer
We're making a wiki. This thread will still remain the hub for idea creation though. The wiki is simply another form of organizing this project. It will be our encyclopedia, which was what the project was going for. Plus, it'll be a great way to publicize the project once it nears completion.

We need to legitimize this as much as possible without making an actual game.

XACE-K

Smash Master
We're making a wiki. This thread will still remain the hub for idea creation though. The wiki is simply another form of organizing this project. It will be our encyclopedia, which was what the project was going for. Plus, it'll be a great way to publicize the project once it nears completion.

We need to legitimize this as much as possible without making an actual game.
....cereally?

Anyway, I've been thinking of what the Yeti Elder's Dream dungeon will look like and to simply put it, it'll look nowhere close to a dungeon. Think Castle Town in TP but with enemies and strange s*** going on. I'll probably make a map for it similar to what Phantom is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom