• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Ah, now I get what you meant, Spire. When you said "bald", I thought you meant receding hairline bald, not completely bald. :laugh:

But yeah, I like the art so far.

As long as we're discussing this, Zelda's hair should be elegantly white. :D

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ganon being more of a cunning manipulator, combined with him being bald, makes me think of one character: Saint Dane. Anyone read Pendragon? SD is a master manipulator; that is pretty much all he does for half of the books, and he does a darn good job of making good people cause bad things.

Anyway, as far as hair goes, I don't really like the white for either Link or Zelda. Either one could rock the red, I think, though not both. Will Ganon's flaming orange locks return in his prominent brows and beard?

Mewter

Smash Master
Ganon being more of a cunning manipulator, combined with him being bald, makes me think of one character: Saint Dane. Anyone read Pendragon? SD is a master manipulator; that is pretty much all he does for half of the books, and he does a darn good job of making good people cause bad things.

Anyway, as far as hair goes, I don't really like the white for either Link or Zelda. Either one could rock the red, I think, though not both. Will Ganon's flaming orange locks return in his prominent brows and beard?
That's exactly who I was thinking of when I offered a description, too!:)

I think Ganon should have brownish-red hair, and Link should return with dirty blonde/brown hair.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I still think one (sans Ganon) should have red hair. :ohwell:

We should open up a poll for this. :laugh:

Scott!

Smash Lord
That's exactly who I was thinking of when I offered a description, too!:)

I think Ganon should have brownish-red hair, and Link should return with dirty blonde/brown hair.
That's awesome. SD is one of my favorite villains in my young adult lit experience precisely because he is so in control of both himself and the situation. Ganon in this setting could definitely take a leaf out of his book and learn something.

As for the hair discussion, I rather like Ganon's old hair color, if he's keeping his darker skin and Gerudo race. It makes him stand out. Though, looking at Spire's art again, with brows and those sideburns, he'll stand out anyway. :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ganon is young again, about the same age as he was in OoT, so he should have his fiery orange-red hair. Link's going to be red-headed (trust me, it works superbly according to my WIP concept art for the Bio-Suit). I'll prove it to you guys once I finish it.

Any other distinct features we could change about Link? I'm definitely going to redesign his normal clothing, and while Green will be the prominent color, it won't be the only one, and I'm not referring simply to his leggings and sleeves.

As for Zelda, I'm not impartial to the white hair. But, I'll let you guys figure this one out.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Any other distinct features we could change about Link? I'm definitely going to redesign his normal clothing, and while Green will be the prominent color, it won't be the only one, and I'm not referring simply to his leggings and sleeves.
Purple is the most badass color ever. Try that.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Ganon is young again, about the same age as he was in OoT, so he should have his fiery orange-red hair. Link's going to be red-headed (trust me, it works superbly according to my WIP concept art for the Bio-Suit). I'll prove it to you guys once I finish it.
Okay

As Darkurai said, you need purple.

As for Zelda, I'm not impartial to the white hair. But, I'll let you guys figure this one out.
I would say black hair because she already had blonde, brown and variations of them. So we need the other prominent hair color now.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Yeah, black hair sounds.... different. And different is good. But seeing Link hook up with Zelda is... well... cliche` and wholly uninspired. Their relationship should be strictly business in this project. We should make a main girl for Link's love interest to focus on. Make it subtle in the beginning and gradually progress into something obvious. And, unlike in OoT, Link doesn't think girls have cooties! I think we should make him slightly interested in several woman, and not the other way around. But he ultimately chooses Naomi (that should be her name!!!).

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Personally, I don't think any romance should be involved with Zelda and Link.

Guys, I have to be honest; this is ridiculous. This is a serious thread, and we're discussing hair color. Out of all of the things we're doing with this project, we have so many more important things to discuss, like dungeons, enemies, or bosses, or STORY LINE perhaps? We said we would talk about that, but we merely skinned Ganondorf's return and drifted into a hair color conversation.

For God's sakes, give Link blonde-red hair, Zelda blonde hair, and Ganondorf red-brown hair, and get over it. We have more important things to discuss.

Darkurai

Smash Master

Guys, I have to be honest; this is ridiculous. This is a serious thread, and we're discussing hair color. Out of all of the things we're doing with this project, we have so many more important things to discuss, like dungeons, enemies, or bosses, or STORY LINE perhaps? We said we would talk about that, but we merely skinned Ganondorf's return and drifted into a hair color conversation.

For God's sakes, give Link blonde-red hair, Zelda blonde hair, and Ganondorf red-brown hair, and get over it. We have more important things to discuss.
You say this when we have infinite time.

Besides, if I recall correctly, it was you who tried to quickly hand wave Ganon's return.

Mewter

Smash Master
Phantom, I don't think you understand. Hair color is serious business! :laugh:

Besides, think of this as less of a useless topic and more of a metaphor of how radical and awesome this project is.
And Link should have black hair. That's a yes.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost done with the boss proposal for the Frozen Reactor dungeon, along with some items and other ideas I had in mind. I think the boss fits well with the image I had of the Frozen Reactor.

And on the color topic...

I think Link should have red-brownish hair, Zelda should have black hair, and Ganon should have deep red hair. And I mean red hair.

Link with a different eye color would also be sweet. Maybe bring in the purple someone mentioned earlier? :laugh:

Scott!

Smash Lord
Phantom, it may not seem like a big deal, but it's very important we know what our most important characters look like. Link's hair changed to darker in TP; they had to have discussed that. Plus, yeah, there's no rush really. It's not like there's a deadline. However, I do agree with your hair choices, except more orange-y for Mr. Ganon. I like blonde Zelda, and to me, black doesn't fit her at all.

toon_marth

Smash Ace

Infinite time limit, mang. We can discuss storyline, but hair color is important too. Why fuss over it when we are in no rush? If you would like to discuss storyline, then bring it up. I mean really, you've been here long enough to know how the thread works. Don't complain to everyone else about discussing what you want. If you have any proposals, by all means, post it. I promise I will not make a cosmetic discussion out of it. :lick:

edit: The last thing we need is skimping in an area because one of the project members rushed us. And I agree with Scott.

Mewter

Smash Master
By the way, I think Link's clothes should be very faded by now, almost a dirty green-white, but with new additions to it to make up for lost parts in it.

I'll try to make a picture illustrating this, but it's going to be made in microsoft paint.

Unless any of you have any other ideas? I think Spire said something...

toon_marth

Smash Ace
By the way, I think Link's clothes should be very faded by now, almost a dirty green-white, but with new additions to it to make up for lost parts in it.

I'll try to make a picture illustrating this, but it's going to be made in microsoft paint.

Unless any of you have any other ideas? I think Spire said something...
Yeah, I thought he was going to design the tunics, but he's only started on my bio tunic I think. This sounds cool, though. But I'm not to sure on how the game begins... have we discussed this yet?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
You say this when we have infinite time.

Besides, if I recall correctly, it was you who tried to quickly hand wave Ganon's return.
That post had absolutely nothing to do with hair color. In fact, I was trying to get into a storyline conversation and not, by any means, a hair color discussion. I introduced Ganondorf's history, and later posts from everyone else changed it into a hair color conversation. Think before you post.

But I must agree with Scott!. Black hair doesn't fit Zelda, Ganondorf's hair should be slightly more orange, and Link's hair should be somewhat of a mix between OoT and TP. Leave it at that. Even though we have seemingly unlimited time, this hair color discussion is going nowhere and is much too long for a hair color discussion anyway. It's going to be the more important aspects of the game (Plot, Hyrule's appearance, etc.) that make it so much different from the real Zelda games.

But while on the subject of appearance (even though I did want to go into a story line discussion) why not discuss what the characters are wearing, like Link's tunics? Of course, since this is set in the future, Link should wear much more armor.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
That post had absolutely nothing to do with hair color. In fact, I was trying to get into a storyline conversation and not, by any means, a hair color discussion. I introduced Ganondorf's history, and later posts from everyone else changed it into a hair color conversation. Think before you post.

But I must agree with Scott!. Black hair doesn't fit Zelda, Ganondorf's hair should be slightly more orange, and Link's hair should be somewhat of a mix between OoT and TP. Leave it at that. Even though we have seemingly unlimited time, this hair color discussion is going nowhere and is much too long for a hair color discussion anyway. It's going to be the more important aspects of the game (Plot, Hyrule's appearance, etc.) that make it so much different from the real Zelda games.

But while on the subject of appearance (even though I did want to go into a story line discussion) why not discuss what the characters are wearing, like Link's tunics? Of course, since this is set in the future, Link should wear much more armor.
Speaking of armor, I want to see Link in an army battle at one point of this game. Discuss?

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of armor, I want to see Link in an army battle at one point of this game. Discuss?
That would be extremely epic. I've always seen Link leading an army, going sword first into a horde of Moblins, Gerudos, and other enemies.

Mewter

Smash Master

Just a quick sketch up of Link (look at the hair).
Black goes good with Link.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well we already have some tunics that were previously discussed in the OP. When exploring the land, he should just have basic armor. But when he gets into something like an army battle, he should definitely get more.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Black hair just = emo and always will, especially with mute young adults. Blonde is the "hero color", while brown and red are alternatives to blonde. I say we keep black out entirely.

I honestly wouldn't mind making Zelda another race, particularly Zora or Rito. Perhaps the Zora royalty (which is completely gone at this point) was absorbed into the Hyrule Royal Family as another branch (not through marriage and blood) and they birthed the next Zelda.

Or even more interesting. What if Zelda was born to the Rito in Hylia Canyon and Link plays the role of seeking her out, rather than vice versa as seen in a number of games to date.

Link does not need heavy battle armor. Just because Hyrule is trying to restore its "classic" customs from the technological failure does not mean that armor will degrade. I do not imagine Link in a big, clunky suit of platemail or anything at all. If you guys would like, I can post the unfinished version of the Bio-Tunic drawing.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Black hair just = emo and always will, especially with mute young adults. Blonde is the "hero color", while brown and red are alternatives to blonde. I say we keep black out entirely.

I honestly wouldn't mind making Zelda another race, particularly Zora or Rito. Perhaps the Zora royalty (which is completely gone at this point) was absorbed into the Hyrule Royal Family as another branch (not through marriage and blood) and they birthed the next Zelda.

Or even more interesting. What if Zelda was born to the Rito in Hylia Canyon and Link plays the role of seeking her out, rather than vice versa as seen in a number of games to date.

Link does not need heavy battle armor. Just because Hyrule is trying to restore its "classic" customs from the technological failure does not mean that armor will degrade. I do not imagine Link in a big, clunky suit of platemail or anything at all. If you guys would like, I can post the unfinished version of the Bio-Tunic drawing.
I don't know if Zelda should stray from being descended from all the others. After all, the entire hand wave for why they're all named Zelda was the whole decree that every daughter born of the Hylian Royal Family would be named Zelda. Though I am open to the idea of being a different race.

And I take offense to that "black hair is emo" remark. I have natural black hair and am **** proud of it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't know if Zelda should stray from being descended from all the others. After all, the entire hand wave for why they're all named Zelda was the whole decree that every daughter born of the Hylian Royal Family would be named Zelda. Though I am open to the idea of being a different race.

And I take offense to that "black hair is emo" remark. I have natural black hair and am **** proud of it.
Sorry about that remark. I was referring only to anime-styled characters and how it's become almost a cliché among them, not actual people. Hell, I have numerous natural black-haired friends and dated one for two years. I hold nothing against black hair in real life, only in anime (which you can't deny, Zelda draws inspiration from).

XACE-K

Smash Master
I think the actual Zelda should be Hylian and be apart of the royal bloodline, but it wouldn't be who you think. The family would have a daughter who is thought to be this Zelda, but the one of her parents actually had a lover at some point of there life. So whoever had royalty running through their bloodline didn't pass it onto the daughter everyone thought would have it, but onto the other daughter.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Sorry about that remark. I was referring only to anime-styled characters and how it's become almost a cliché among them, not actual people. Hell, I have numerous natural black-haired friends and dated one for two years. I hold nothing against black hair in real life, only in anime (which you can't deny, Zelda draws inspiration from).
Quite alright. A misunderstanding on my part I suppose.

Something that's been bothering me recently, though: I've been trying to think up things such as motivations for the new Ganondorf, but I don't know whether Hyrule is still a monarchy, or something more like a democracy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I like to think of Hyrule similarly to Britain. They still have the royal family for the sake of tradition, and while they have power, the Prime Minister is the big deal. Perhaps that's who Ganondorf is? Either that, or he's a lower politician.

Keep in mind, this is a democracy still made up of politicians, but there are many troubles as the entire city that this was almost entirely based in is now completely gone.

Ganondorf could be a politician who's trying to rise in power to overthrow the Prime Minister (or whatever s/he's called) to attain that position.

Mewter

Smash Master
Ganondorf could be a politician who's trying to rise in power to overthrow the Prime Minister (or whatever s/he's called) to attain that position.
Maybe, even, Ganondorf can seem to (deceptively) be Link's friend early on in the adventure?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Perhaps one with good intentions, but quite ignorant, attempts to destroy the Triforce of Power, but himself becomes corrupted, rivaling in power with Ganondorf.
I still think this is a great idea. Perhaps Ganondorf could attempt to steal the Triforce of Power from this character in order to destroy Hyrule? Or should Ganondorf not be involved with the Triforce at all?

OR... the Triforce of Power was a fake, and Ganondorf had in his possession the entire time and destroyed Hyrule before revealing himself? I think we can build from that. Thoughts, anyone?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I've been REALLY busy lately but I found time tonight to get some art done since I'm in the mood.

Here's a WIP of the selepria serpent regular, not boss version. The children have no armor yet. They've got dazzling aquamarine blue/silver skin covered in scales. Fangs haven't developed but the head armor is there. It's just a base for now. I'll add more to it later so it's a bit more of a threat. I'm setting the scene in a kind of cave, presumably where the babies are born. I might include some armored eggs or something in the nest, but we'll see...

Ill keep adding the WIPs to this post and then give the completed version it's own post and just link back to the WIPs in it.

Hope you guys like it. Note it's not even 10% done yet. WIP one in presumably 6 or 7.

Oh son of a *****. Last post on the page :<

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
You mean like "Gary" from Bully? Yeah, I can see it now.
Gannon: Hey, old Fink.
Link: *insert old "it's Link" line here*
Gannon: Yeah whatever, I've got a grand plan to make sure you and I get on top
Link::confused:
Gannon: You know that haunted cave by the *insert name of place here*?Well, what if we go in and stop that ghost ourselves? Well, unless your chicken.....
Link::mad:

Spire

III
BRoomer
You mean like "Gary" from Bully? Yeah, I can see it now.
Gannon: Hey, old Fink.
Link: *insert old "it's Link" line here*
Gannon: Yeah whatever, I've got a grand plan to make sure you and I get on top
Link::confused:
Gannon: You know that haunted cave by the *insert name of place here*?Well, what if we go in and stop that ghost ourselves? Well, unless your chicken.....
Link::mad:
http://gannon-banned.com/

Check it out.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh f. Darn you stinkoman, you last-post-on-the-page'd my post :<

Don't ask me how it's your fault.
I know exactly what you mean. I shoot for the first post on a page to post my work too. Count carefully next time ;) It's looking awesome so far. The coral is going to be beautiful in the dark, murky water.

Do you guys want to see the Bio-suit so far, or would you prefer to see the finished product?

Mewter

Smash Master
I know exactly what you mean. I shoot for the first post on a page to post my work too. Count carefully next time ;) It's looking awesome so far. The coral is going to be beautiful in the dark, murky water.

Do you guys want to see the Bio-suit so far, or would you prefer to see the finished product?
Preview! Preview! Preview! Preview!
:)

*I'm sure that's an adequate enough post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom