• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
But lets say I have a huge wheel with two pieces of cardboard on each side, and I have my strenght to represent hydraulic power. Would the wheel tilt completely to one side even if I used my strenght to keep it balanced?
Depends on your where the wheel, and what you're shaped like, if you're shaped like Duon, then you have to work harder to lift yourself up from a fallen postion, this will get you up, but as you near a center position, the force you used, which was adequate to get you up, turns into an overcorrecton and plops you down on the other side.
Well um if Duon some how managed to stay balanced wont the recoil of his weapons knock him of balance.
Truefax

payasofobia

Smash Champion
*smirk* :hipsmile:

Anyway, yeah, I get it already Mathage. It's pretty simple actually, just sounds complicated on paper.

But still, Duon could pretty much keep balance by sticking the other side's blades into the ground, making him a turret, and the other side could also use it's arms to move itself to the sides.

Sieguest

Smash Master
*smirk* :hipsmile:

Anyway,yeah, Duon would lose his balance pretty easily, and the only way he would move without tripping is if he does it very slowly. He would still be able to balance himslef again or support itself with his other half of course.
But is MR really good to leave Duon the chance to do this?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Nope, of course not. But like Memo said, this fight depends entirely on wheter Duon gets the first hit or not. If he hits, MR is left with a gaping and extremely hot hole in his body, and if Duon misses he will have to rebalance himself, wait till the gun cools off and then charge the gun again, and by then MR is already eating his face.

So IMO, this fight does not need any further disscusion. The only reason this fight is not entirely on MR's side is because he can kill MR pretty easily if his aim is thight, but still, MR has superior evasive maneuvers, and even if Duon hits him, there is no guarantee he will hit a vital spot.

I would say this fight is 700-300 or 750-250 on MR's favor.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Nope, of course not. But like Memo said, this fight depends entirely on wheter Duon gets the first hit or not. If he hits, MR is left with a gaping and extremely hot hole in his body, and if Duon misses he will have to rebalance himself, wait till the gun cools off and then charge the gun again, and by then MR is already eating his face.

So IMO, this fight does not need any further disscusion. The only reason this fight is not entirely on MR's side is because he can kill MR pretty easily if his aim is thight, but still, MR has superior evasive maneuvers, and even if Duon hits him, there is no guarantee he will hit a vital spot.

I would say this fight is 700-300 on MR's favor.
Agrees...except for the kill ratio

701-299
just cuz it's that bad....

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman

I would say this fight is 700-300 or 750-250 on MR's favor.
What the hell, screw Duon. All the cool kids want Meta anyway.

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/duon.jpg/

payasofobia

Smash Champion
So can we all move on and start a new match-up? Noone will even try to defend a generic dumb-looing boss anyway....

BTW

SANGER ZOMBOLT, THE GERMAN SAMURAI HIMSELF!
VS

OUR BOY, ROY!
I still stand by my recomendation that we should make smash characters fight third party characters once in a while.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
So can we all move on and start a new match-up? Noone will even try to defend a generic dumb-looing boss anyway....

BTW

SANGER ZOMBOLT, THE GERMAN SAMURAI HIMSELF!
VS

OUR BOY, ROY!
I still stand by my recomendation that we should make smash characters fight third party characters once in a while.

SanGAR by far.

He is the sword that smites evil!
There is nothing he cannot cut!

Gg, Roy, but get *****.

UncleSam

Smash Master
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude...
I miss 3 pages while I sleep? not possible.
and sanger would **** Roy, no two ways about it

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Dragon's Rain
|
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • If Spore is activated in a Trick Room, the cloud will linger inside of it until it is absorbed by an enemy.
  • Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.
|With Dragon's Rain and more potent Trick Rooms, the focus here is definitely on locking down the foe's options. Generally you'll want Breloom on Team2 and keep Z or Gatr playable in order to flood TR's and for their Super Smash, and with the awesome damage Z can get from the Projectiles gained (Mainly Grass/Poison/Water/Dragon) it'd be too good to pass up switching types constantly. Breloom's healing and lingering Spore offer good survival to the team, mixed with Trick Room's acting as safety nets can make this combination surprisingly durable given the two lightweights on the team, all in part due to the Super Leech seeds and Trick Rooms providing so much damage mitigation.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Having to be right next to a foe for it to hit, Porygon-Z will appear and grab the foe, trapping them inside a Trick Room! From here, he floats to the background as Feraligatr and Breloom stand to either side of the trapped foe, with Z making a pixelated arrow over one of them. This now works similarly to the Mario and Luigi RPGs when they have a Bro item like the Fire Flower, only you know.. with Feraligatr and Breloom instead mashing A (For Gatr) or B (Breloom) to get in as many standard attacks as possible! The poor foe will be subject to them switching off attacks for about 2 seconds, before the last second which has both able to mash A/B in order to shatter the Trick Room with one last attack and launch the foe, with the Pokemon who landed that final hit performing a victorious Taunt.
|

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Hone Claws
|
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • If an opponent is under the effects of Spore's poison, Bisharp's bleed damage will extend by 1/2 a second per hit instead of 1/4 second when applicable. If the opponent is paralyzed or slept by Spore, Bisharp's attacks will do 25-50% more KB respectively.
  • When Bisharp commands Feraligatr to use a smash attack, Gatr's smashes are performed 25% faster than normal. When Bisharp and Feraligatr are the only Pokemon remaining, Feraligatr can also command Bisharp with his Smashes due to experience.
|It'll be a grueling battle of attrition for any foe going up against this team. Super Heals combined with loads of Bleed Damage, heavyweights and long-range smashes, they'll be quite the force to be reckoned with once they get the key hits in. If you like stacking the odds in your favor while putting down your foe, this is the team for you!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • On activation, Breloom will do the first two hits of his Jab, then follow with Sky Uppercut. If it all connects, the screen will zoom in on the foe as he's launched upward with Breloom, who cancels the uppercut to Zair and tosses them further up, only to be intercepted by Bisharp's Dair! Dealing a good deal of damage, but no KB as he passes through, Feraligatr can be seen in the little magnifying glass below as the foe reels in hit-stun. During this time before they hit the ground, Gatr can walk about and pretty much land the free smash attack of his choice, granted the player accurately follows the falling victim's DI!
|

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
*Is disappointed.* Well, I forgot who Porky even is really. isn't he that big robot-spider thing? Can he shoot projectiles? What are his weapons?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Eh, I'm sort of leaning towards Petey right now. Proportionally, (I'm judging off mario and the human Porky respectively) I think they're about the same size. It depends on Porky's weapons, but Petey can attack Porky with pure size and weight. He can attack that little glass chamber and just screw the guy inside it (I'm guessing he's important for the machine to function). And look at that bite of Petey's!

tocador

Smash Lord
NO
BOSS
PIC
ON
OP?

wth joe, pic's or no discussion, sorry.

Edit: Intopic, Petey has no eyes, no nose, and no ears. Therefore, hes blind, completely blind.

Dam, this mu wont last long =/.

REL38

Smash Lord
Porky is beast. If you've played Mother 3 then you know he is. You can't comprehend his attacks (literally). Petey has nothing on Porky.

But if we're doing this soley on how they fight in Brawl, then I'm still gonna have to give this to Porky. The only thing Petey does is jump and swing cages. I'll bet that'll do much on a high tech machine. Porky has a laser beam, exploding minion robots, pincers, a death beam, a ramming attack and can also jump on others. Porky wins by having more means of attack and defense. Petey has nothing to protect himself with.

I vote Porky

tocador

Smash Lord
Porky is beast. If you've played Mother 3 then you know he is. You can't comprehend his attacks (literally). Petey has nothing on Porky.

But if we're doing this soley on how they fight in Brawl, then I'm still gonna have to give this to Porky. The only thing Petey does is jump and swing cages. I'll bet that'll do much on a high tech machine. Porky has a laser beam, exploding minion robots, pincers, a death beam, a ramming attack and can also jump on others. Porky wins by having more means of attack and defense. Petey has nothing to protect himself with.

I vote Porky
Learn to read the OP, porky cant use like "death lasers" or "invoke minions" and do magical stuff, because these is REAL LIFE(almost), and therefore porky isnt god-on-earth.

Besides that, if ness could beat him, im sure anyone can ^^.

But like i said, petey is lost on this one, no eyes/ears/nose, so hes blind, and so he loses.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Strength
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.
  • Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.
|The classic mix of Grass, Fire and Water is as varied as it is nostalgic. Any order works here based on the player's needs. High damage goes for Armantle and Breloom, Survival opts for a grass and water combination, and those who like to mess with the stage and/or bully opponents love the two heavies. Great for players of any level!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Requiring the foe to be close, Breloom will lash out and grab them, and toss them to the ground leaving them prone. While prone, Feraligatr and Armantle will then pour water and lava over the unfortunate victim, leaving them in a rocky prison on the floor! Once buried, the foe has 2x grab escape difficulty in order to get up, further amplified by how just after the burial, Breloom hops over and throws down a handful of leech-seeds, growing atop the foe and stealing 10% a second that they give off from the small plants seen on the victim, as well as occasionally popping out Oran Berries.
|

REL38

Smash Lord
Learn to read the OP, porky cant use like "death lasers" or "invoke minions" and do magical stuff, because these is REAL LIFE(almost), and therefore porky isnt god-on-earth.

Besides that, if ness could beat him, im sure anyone can ^^.

But like i said, petey is lost on this one, no eyes/ears/nose, so hes blind, and so he loses.
Silly me, I thought otherwise :p

If that's the case, then I'm still going with Porky. In regards to what he has souly with his machine, he has a counter shield that does damage back to you when you attack him, he has the equivalent of PK Flash, an attack similar to a bomb/missles and a device that can suck away at your health. Not to mention the pincers could probably do a bit of damage alone.

EDIT: Ness never fought Porky's pwn-mobile. Lucas did.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Realisticaly, neither one's legs would be able to support their weights.

Petey simply can't survive in the real world. He lacks roots so he can't absorb nutrients from the ground, since he is that big he would require enourmous amounts of insects or living beings to eat to sustain himself AND without water, his cell walls would get weak and he would get crushed under his own weight. And Petey has balancing problems because of his enormous head, basicaly giving him the same problem as Duon.

But then there is the fact that....porky is technicaly on suspended animation and he is technicaly dead by real world's standards. And without his legs, death rays OR movility, Porky can't do anything.

So it's up to you people.....if you decide that porky is dead then Petey wins, if you decide to treat his suspended animation as that, then it would be the most boring and long fight to date with Porky winning by default.

It is basically:

dying man-eating plant vs evil and very frozen old man

1000-0 on Porky's or Petey's favor depends on your decision.

p.s, these boss fights are a joke.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

Petey simply can't survive in the real world. He lacks roots so he can't absorb nutrients from the ground, since he is that big he would require enourmous amounts of insects or living beings to eat to sustain himself AND without water, his cell walls would get weak and he would get crushed under his own weight. And Petey has balancing problems because of his enormous head, basicaly giving him the same problem as Duon.

But then there is the fact that....porky is technicaly on suspended animation and he is technicaly dead by real world's standards. And without his legs, death rays OR movility, Porky can't do anything.

So it's up to you people.....if you decide that porky is dead then Petey wins, if you decide to treat his suspended animation as that, then it would be the most boring and long fight to date with Porky winning by default.

It is basically:

Woah, wtf, this isn't even a fight.

I say this is a 0-0

Edit: but wait! Porky can still send those robotic copies of him...

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
  • If Spore is activated in a Trick Room, the cloud will linger inside of it until it is absorbed by an enemy.
  • Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.
|Fast, long-ranged and dazzling the foe with tricks, this team is definitely one that takes adjusting to for both players and opponents. Played best by constantly swapping who's playing to get the most out of catching bombs, swapping type, performing Super Smashes and the like, as well as constantly playing an offensive spacing war with the foe can easily make your head spin. If you are able to master this fast paced team however, you'll be rewarded with a high-octane team that can dominate the opposition. Just be careful or you'll end up being tossed around yourself!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Z provides the team with Agility as Alakazam puts up Reflect, all 3 turtling up before launching a rapid-fire array of Beams, Blasts and Seeds! Each pokemon will be able to fire multiple instances of their projectiles, with Z firing the current projectile he has equipped, and Breloom alternating Bullet/Leech seeds between seed bombs, all while being able to angle them in a 180* arc with the control stick. After about 2 seconds, the volley will stop and things go back to normal, except you probably have a pretty massive lead in terms of %.
|

REL38

Smash Lord

It is basically:

Porky can't move because he's extremely old, but he can still talk. He even spoke to Lucas and his party before and during their fight. His actual age is unknown because of all of the time traveling he's done. By abusing his ability to travel through time, he has warped his body causing him to age irradictly. He can control every little thing his machine does.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Porky can't move because he's extremely old, but he can still talk. He even spoke to Lucas and his party before and during their fight. His actual age is unknown because of all of the time traveling he's done. By abusing his ability to travel through time, he has warped his body causing him to age irradictly. He can control every little thing his machine does.
If he is so old that he can't even move or live without a life-support system, then it would make sense that a LOT other sicknesses caught up with him (alzheimer's anyone?) and realisticaly, would not even tell what is happening around him.

Also, time travel is unrealistic (as of now.....possibly)

REL38

Smash Lord
As I said before, he aged abnormally because of time travel. His young, child body went from that to being physically old, but not mentally old. He's still a selfish, prideful kid mentally. As I said before, he aged differently so he possibly avoided many sicknesses that are recieved from living a certain lifestyle. The only health hazard he seems to have had was excessive coughing and weezing.

His machine was developed by a scientist called Dr. Andonuts from Earrthbound. For all we know, he controls the machine through brainwaves. The point is that he can function the machine which is all he needs to win.

tocador

Smash Lord
well, this has gone the route of what i saw ROB vs G&W being....not actual fighters <.<

unless anyone has an objection?
OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make exceptions.

Every since we gonne minimalist with the real life rules, all fights were jokes.

Wario vs Sonic, i thought it would be epic, but it ended boring. Hell what, kirby x MK was suposed to be more epic then sliced bread, and it turned to a "rolling balls fight", and now this...

Just give the fighter their "own world survival capacity". AS in, petey can see with his magical stuff, and he can suport himself and bla... Whereas porky has his imba-chine but not so imbalanced.

If not, the rest of the fights are just going to be: "Snake/Wolf/Fox/C.falcon owning everyone", cause everyone else sucks.

Imagine round 2:

"Snake x Squirtle"

results: "Hum, tasty" and then snake eats squirtle.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Time travel is not realistic.

Also, the implications of not following physics by letter would mean doing several matches again.

But yeah, I agree, this thread went from 'paya, you are being WAYYYY too realistic' to ' no abilities, physics only, real world'

REL38

Smash Lord
Time travel is how he came to be, but this just makes me question the bloody guidelines . . .

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make exceptions.

Every since we gonne minimalist with the real life rules, all fights were jokes.

Wario vs Sonic, i thought it would be epic, but it ended boring. Hell what, kirby x MK was suposed to be more epic then sliced bread, and it turned to a "rolling balls fight", and now this...

Just give the fighter their "own world survival capacity". AS in, petey can see with his magical stuff, and he can suport himself and bla... Whereas porky has his imba-chine but not so imbalanced.

If not, the rest of the fights are just going to be: "Snake/Wolf/Fox/C.falcon owning everyone", cause everyone else sucks.

Imagine round 2:

"Snake x Squirtle"

results: "Hum, tasty" and then snake eats squirtle.
^I'm starting to agree with this train of thought ^

So what goes as realistic?

Realistic by today's standards?

If that is the case, then anyone with space age weapons can't have them because they're unrealistic. That would give Shiek the win against Zamus.

Wait, how realistic is it to see humanoid animals that can talk and pilot space jets?

How realistic is it to see elves fighting in real life? It's not.

Or how about kids having psychic abilities?

There has to be a more concrete way of setting the guidelines for this thing because the only one's that are going to win are probably Snake because he's not only human, but has weaponry that's up to par with today's standards.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Dragon's Rain
|
  • Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.
|With Dragon's Rain and more potent Trick Rooms, the focus here is definitely on locking down the foe's options. Generally you'll want Breloom on Team2 and keep Z or Gatr playable in order to flood TR's and for their Super Smash, and with the awesome damage Z can get from the Projectiles gained (Mainly Grass/Poison/Water/Dragon) it'd be too good to pass up switching types constantly. Breloom's healing and lingering Spore offer good survival to the team, mixed with Trick Room's acting as safety nets can make this combination surprisingly durable given the two lightweights on the team, all in part due to the Super Leech seeds and Trick Rooms providing so much damage mitigation.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Having to be right next to a foe for it to hit, Porygon-Z will appear and grab the foe, trapping them inside a Trick Room! From here, he floats to the background as Feraligatr and Breloom stand to either side of the trapped foe, with Z making a pixelated arrow over one of them. This now works similarly to the Mario and Luigi RPGs when they have a Bro item like the Fire Flower, only you know.. with Feraligatr and Breloom instead mashing A (For Gatr) or B (Breloom) to get in as many standard attacks as possible! The poor foe will be subject to them switching off attacks for about 2 seconds, before the last second which has both able to mash A/B in order to shatter the Trick Room with one last attack and launch the foe, with the Pokemon who landed that final hit performing a victorious Taunt.
|

Top Bottom