• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Learn to read the OP, porky cant use like "death lasers" or "invoke minions" and do magical stuff, because these is REAL LIFE(almost), and therefore porky isnt god-on-earth.
his minions are androids that explode, those are totally possible

But like i said, petey is lost on this one, no eyes/ears/nose, so hes blind, and so he loses.
sound... wait... no... yes... Petey could have ears, you just can't see them

Realisticaly, neither one's legs would be able to support their weights.

Petey simply can't survive in the real world. He lacks roots so he can't absorb nutrients from the ground, since he is that big he would require enourmous amounts of insects or living beings to eat to sustain himself AND without water, his cell walls would get weak and he would get crushed under his own weight. And Petey has balancing problems because of his enormous head, basicaly giving him the same problem as Duon.
tru fax boi

But then there is the fact that....porky is technicaly on suspended animation and he is technicaly dead by real world's standards. And without his legs, death rays OR movility, Porky can't do anything.
I don't think he's quite dead, and he's in a life support chamber with his brain uplinked to the bot allowing him to control it, which is possible by a computer being able to read brain waves and converting them into commands but I'm not sure if anything's been done about that (unless the government is doing something I don't know about)
and he can command the bot to use legs to attack he has 8

p.s, these boss fights are a joke.
so true

Wario vs Sonic, i thought it would be epic, but it ended boring.
woops my bad

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • Sharpen_APP
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • If Spore is activated in a Trick Room, the cloud will linger inside of it until it is absorbed by an enemy.
  • If a foe is Locked-On, Night Slash/Metal Claws/Sucker Punch/Faint Attack all will home in on the targeted foe automatically.
  • If an opponent is under the effects of Spore's poison, Bisharp's bleed damage will extend by 1/2 a second per hit instead of 1/4 second when applicable. If the opponent is paralyzed or slept by Spore, Bisharp's attacks will do 25-50% more KB respectively.
|A very technical team, Breloom and Bisharp equally benefit from Z's supporting fire and Trick Rooms. However, the nature of the former two on top of Z's odd normal attacks will lend itself to highly offensive gameplay full of rushdown, baiting and trapping/tricking the foe into Spore clouds in order to hit it big.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Both Z and Bisharp jump to the background once activated, and otherwise behave as normal for the next 5 seconds, until somebody passes by and is able to be Locked-On. Once this happens, Z will turn to Bisharp and cloak him digitally, making him completely invisible! It is now Breloom's job to occupy the foe and keep them Locked-On via proper spacing and area control in order for Bisharp to come out of the shadows 5 seconds later and deliver a souped up Night-Slash critical from behind the foe. The critical does 30% in one go and a great deal of Horizontal KB, so you'll definitely not want a foe to avoid it!
|

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I dunno, how strong is a Plant's bite?

Now seriously, there is a petey in Galaxy that resembles a T-rex, so we could give him a T-rex bite. Each teeth when biting has as much weight as a truck, and that's when it is a FEEDING bite. A killing bite is much, MUCH stronger.

A bite to the glass would destroy it instantly.

There is still the obvious speed issue.

UncleSam

Smash Master
true porky DOES outspeed Petey.
while petey has to use sonic waves to find porky and bite him, how could porky find the glass part of the robot,
I'm too lazy too look this up now does glass have a different ping than metal?

tocador

Smash Lord
Petey could just "sense" with his mistycal plant-batish sonic voice the bombs and dodge them :D. If i remember right, petey could fly a little bit with his arms(i dont know what that is), so he could avoid them.

And the time it takes for the sound to hit and come back from a metal and to hit and come back a glass, is differente so he could preety much know where he is going to bite :D.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Petey could just "sense" with his mistycal plant-batish sonic voice the bombs and dodge them :D. If i remember right, petey could fly a little bit with his arms(i dont know what that is), so he could avoid them.
lol, with a big*** head? I'm not too sure about that

And the time it takes for the sound to hit and come back from a metal and to hit and come back a glass, is differente so he could preety much know where he is going to bite :D.
true, but... he wouldn't be sure that the person is in it, sure he'll go for it first and he's going to get lucky since porky was stupid enough to put himself there

tocador

Smash Lord
where the **** did time travel come from!?!?!
you can't go forward in time only back.
"The Minch family live in Onett next to Ness' family. The Minch family has a strong enmity for them; Aloysius Minch claims to have lent Ness' father "a few hundred thousand dollars" that he never repaid. In addition, in the Japanese Mother 2, it seemed as though Porky and his brother Picky were abused by Aloysius: After the returning from seeing the meteorite, they are punished with a severe spanking for sneaking out of the house. In the NOA localization, this was changed to Porky being grounded with no dessert for a decade.

In the opening of the game, a mysterious meteor crashed into the hills behind Onett. Porky goes to Ness after Picky goes missing whilst going to investigate, as Porky is to cowardly to go looking for his brother alone. They find time traveling insectoid Buzz Buzz. Buzz Buzz warns of a future ten years in the future where evil alien Giygas rules all. He speaks of heroes who are destined to defeat him. Porky convinces himself that he isn't one of these heroes. Following the meeting with Buzz Buzz the party is attacked by Starman Junior, whom is defeated thanks to the aid of Buzz Buzz. During the fight, Porky does little more than cower in fear. After the Minch brothers arrive home, Porky isn't seen for some time.

Later in the game, Ness confronts Mr. Carpainter and the Happy Happy Cult, who believe that the key to happiness is the color blue. Porky has become a high priest in the cult. When Ness confronts him, he sends two cult members to attack Ness.

After the cult is disbanded, Porky and Aloysius begin working as money consultants for Mayor Monotoli in Fourside. After being confronted by Ness and co., Porky escapes in a helicopter. When going through the Deep Darkness swamp, Ness finds the crashed helicopter.
Heavily-Armed Pokey from the final battle in EarthBound.

Porky isn't seen again until the end of the game. Porky, now a sickly grey color from time travel, has teamed up with Giygas. Porky claims that Giygas has been leading him the entire time, and expresses the wish that Giygas should destroy the universe. Porky has used a machine called the Devil's Machine to keep Giygas' power at bay. Porky then attacks the party's robotic forms in a spider mech.

Following his defeat, Porky escapes through time travel. At the end of the game, Picky brings Ness a letter from Porky: "Come and get me, loser! Spankety spankety spankety!"

wikipedia.com
"

Porky only went devil'ish because he was controled by Giygas, a future man-stuff that rules him, so the way he got his armor stuff is prolly from giygas from the future, explaining why he aged so fast(time travelling coletarel effects), thefore meaning he only got his hiegh-tech stuff from the future, meaning that he needed to use time travelling features to get his armor.

So, if he can use time travelling, petey can fly, or porky wont have his armor at all, because Dinossaurs plants flying is just as real as time travelling to the future and then back.

No johns.

Sieguest

Smash Master
HOLY CRAP

1st off...unless we are able to time travel at this moment, then no time travel
2nd off... Super Mario Sunshine was full of lulz, Petey flying, pssh...and falling headfirst when you squirt him with water...:p NO FLYING!

tocador

Smash Lord
HOLY CRAP

1st off...unless we are able to time travel at this moment, then no time travel
2nd off... Super Mario Sunshine was full of lulz, Petey flying, pssh...and falling headfirst when you squirt him with water...:p NO FLYING!
K, then no donut, mean armor for porkey then :D.

Petey wins if porky has no armor h4h4.

And marthage, i think you lost the last 2 pages when we were talking about how much more fun it would be if we would let the chars be a little un-real, after the failiure that has been the recet debates.

Sieguest

Smash Master
K, then no donut, mean armor for porkey then :D.

Petey wins if porky has no armor h4h4.

And marthage, i think you lost the last 2 pages when we were talking about how much more fun it would be if we would let the chars be a little un-real, after the failiure that has been the recet debates.
Truefax
This is all science's fault....

Lol Petey is a bat with that Hypocelphamy (or however it's spelled, I think you know what I'm talking about)

Vs. Porky- in the machine...
So, does Porky get lazers...>.>

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Electric attacks, not lasers. Makes more sense and does not gimp porky completely.

Of note, is the fact that lightings are 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun, so if Petey gets hit repeately by them, it is good bye for him.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Because lasers are less hot than lighting, and plants are filled with water, so they will require higher temperatures than that or a more constant exposure to that heat to actually damage it.

It would be like trying to burn a healthy plant with a constantly moving blowtorch.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • Hyper Beam
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • If Spore is activated in a Trick Room, the cloud will linger inside of it until it is absorbed by an enemy.
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
  • Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.
|Armantle and the two lightest Pokemon may seem like an odd pairing at first, but they each support one another wonderfully here. Armantle has the option to give his buddies rock-hard armor without any side effects, greatly enhancing their offensive games with the added defense, and the lingering spores and healing support Armantle as a tank in return. Offensively, Armantle can even trade healing for a decent chunk of damage with a blast of heat, and set up foes to be beat down while fossilized for the other two. Good for beginners, the team has great bread and butter strategies that will work in most all situations.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Breloom will Spore the foe, causing them to fall asleep regardless of their %, and continue to release spores to keep them that way much like Belossom. In the meantime, Z and Armantle can be seen filling a DDD-sized Trick Room with Lava over the next 2 seconds, which when filled can be moved about kinda like Alakazam's confusion in mid-air. The foe wakes up just as Breloom stops using spore, making them all on equal footing, well except for the part where you now not only have Aerial lava, but if you smash the TR with your attacks, all of it will come pouring down onto the stage for about 40% to whoever is unlucky enough to be under it!
|

Sieguest

Smash Master
Because lasers are less hot than lighting, and plants are filled with water, so they will require higher temperatures than that or a more constant exposure to that heat to actually damage it.

It would be like trying to burn a healthy plant with a constantly moving blowtorch.
Pff...either way I see Porky pulling a campfest....and Petey has nothing on that....

(unless we throw goop into the mix for the lulz....)

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Just because it is more realistic. Carnivorous plants have acid, not goop.

The fights are still realistic, but without the character crippling physics and stuff.

Icy-Flood

Smash Cadet
Well, I seriously doubt Falco's lasers are that slow if it were in reality; it's just slowed down for smash because it would be broken if it was as fast or faster than a real bullet. The bottom line is that Falco's laser pistol is a futuristic weapon and as such it ought to be superior to a contemporary weapon like Captain Falcon's sidearm.

I really think Falco's laser pistol would overwhelm Captain Falcon. Though if Captain Falcon managed to get in past the barrage of lasers, I would say Falco is toast.
Ummm idk about you guys but are we forgetting the fact that Captain Falcon has a gun too just not in brawl...you say Falco's pistol laser is futuristic but Captain Falcon is the most futuristic guy on the game he lives in year 2099 for peep sake....he's a bounty hunter and no offense to Falco but Falcon would choke that bird...slap it around a few times and then cook him for dinner honestly hahaha Falco wouldn't stand a chance against Falcon

Sieguest

Smash Master
You'll have to prove its acid.
Super Mario Sunshine, spitting up goop, and I'll assume it's from the stomach and call it modified Acid....

@Icy-Flood- Welcome to the boards...
but uhh...one very important skill in these boards, is the reading of the title...
Falco vs. Falcon is long gone and over....

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Super Mario Sunshine, spitting up goop, and I'll assume it's from the stomach and call it modified Acid....
Perhaps, but the goop doesn't melt away mario or anything it touches. It will hurt him if he gets covered in too heavy, but he can get covered in it without being hurt. It doesn't seem like anything very strong IMO.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Well, technicaly, petey is a very big man-eating plant, and he has teeths made to hunt large prey, so the acid might actually be very potent.

Still probably not potent enough to melt Pokey's armor, but probably powerful enough to melt pokey's glass and make it hard to aim and see petey.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Perhaps, but the goop doesn't melt away mario or anything it touches. It will hurt him if he gets covered in too heavy, but he can get covered in it without being hurt. It doesn't seem like anything very strong IMO.
THE FRACK MAN!
Haven't we discussed that Nintendo nerfs stuff...
Lets put it like this...
Petey is a Godzilla sized Pirahna and Venus Fly-trap crossbreed...

This still isn't going to help it from the campfest Porky is going to pull....>.>

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it will help if he melts Porky's glass. It will make it hard to aim. And the goop has a huge firing range so it might actually help a lot.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Maybe it will help if he melts Porky's glass. It will make it hard to aim. And the goop has a huge firing range so it might actually help a lot.
Last I saw on the ground Petey can only spew that Goop directly in front of him and the air It can fire down, but...since when would Petey Fly....>.>

Plus...lighting camping beats all....>.> there is no defense for Petey against a campy porky....

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ummm idk about you guys but are we forgetting the fact that Captain Falcon has a gun too just not in brawl...you say Falco's pistol laser is futuristic but Captain Falcon is the most futuristic guy on the game he lives in year 2099 for peep sake....he's a bounty hunter and no offense to Falco but Falcon would choke that bird...slap it around a few times and then cook him for dinner honestly hahaha Falco wouldn't stand a chance against Falcon

no offense dude, but in such a big thread, you should look at teh OP, Falco vs Falcon (which Falcon did win) was the first on this* thread. We are currently discussing Petey Piranah vs Porky right now.

welcome to the boards tho :)

*there was one prior, but it sucked and was taken over by yours truly :p

IMPORTANTE:

Next match will be a *gasp* revisit because of the overwhelming opinion of:

tocador

Smash Lord
The acid could potentially kill porky to, and so could his bite.

We havent really set down what will be porky weapons, because by our current discussion he can only shoot lasers and invoke mini-him.

As i see this fight right now: Petey will be able to maintain a distance with some acid-spiting, and he can always throw the mini-porkys back at him with his Jaw, but i recognize porky should have the adv on long range, so petey is prolly going to approach to give him the final crush.

Whereas petey approach, porky run(duh), and i think the battle shall remain to the fact that, can porky run all fight long from petey, dodge acid and harm petey? Or is the flying piranha-rex-plant-acid-spitting thing just too much fro him to handle?

As i see now porky has a good mobility(judging by brawl standarts) but he only walks in a crab like fashion, so this could really hurt him.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Guillotine
|
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
  • If an opponent is under the effects of Spore's poison, Bisharp's bleed damage will extend by 1/2 a second per hit instead of 1/4 second when applicable. If the opponent is paralyzed or slept by Spore, Bisharp's attacks will do 25-50% more KB respectively.
  • Bisharp can hit Alakazam's spoons like his Metal Claws, which makes them behave just like them until they return to Alakazam.
|High offense is the name of the game, with all three combo-powerhouses sharing the stage! Alakazam is a cornerstone here, adding both spoons and Seed Bombs as both traps to work foes around, as well as extra projectiles for Bisharp to space foes with. Good for players of any level, just be wary of how fast you may end up going down due to the teams either low weight, weakness to being comboed, and/or mediocre recovery options.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam teleports the trio to the foe, and proceeds to grab and Upthrow the foe, causing them to levitate slowly upwards to the height of the top Battlefield platform. While this happens, Breloom and Bisharp both jump up and the player can button mash for the both of them to beat the crap out of the foe for about a second with A (Bisharp, on the left side) or B (Breloom, on the right). Once the second is up, Alakazam will teleport the foe and the last button pressed (A/B) determines who he takes with him and in what direction (Bisharp goes right, Breloom goes left) about a platform off the stage in said direction, or just a platform from the screen if there are no edges. When this occurs, you can buffer in the attack of your choice from either Breloom or Bisharp as if they were on the ground, making for a quick death by an off-stage Fsmash! Alakazam then teleports everyone (except the foe) back on-stage.
|

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
He can still shoot long ranged goopballs, the place where he does it in his games notwhitstanding. It's like a spitball.

Now if he hits him in his glass, pokey's view will obstructed, losing accuracy. Still, that would probably send him on a frenzy, shooting thunders in all directions at random, making approaching him a dangerous feat.

But that would still be better ten times better than a pokey with 100% accuracy.

tocador

Smash Lord
Acid > metal(or whatever porky armos is made of, witch im assuming now is some kind of iron/steel).

And i think porky cant make the haduken-laser-ball because the isnt a tecnology that makes that viable, even in dreamland.

And because plasma is like, 2000+ celcius, meaning he would melt himself :D.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Hone Claws
|
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • When Bisharp commands Feraligatr to use a smash attack, Gatr's smashes are performed 25% faster than normal. When Bisharp and Feraligatr are the only Pokemon remaining, Feraligatr can also command Bisharp with his Smashes due to experience.
|It'll be a grueling battle of attrition for any foe going up against this team. Super Heals combined with loads of Bleed Damage, heavyweights and long-range smashes, they'll be quite the force to be reckoned with once they get the key hits in. If you like stacking the odds in your favor while putting down your foe, this is the team for you!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • On activation, Breloom will do the first two hits of his Jab, then follow with Sky Uppercut. If it all connects, the screen will zoom in on the foe as he's launched upward with Breloom, who cancels the uppercut to Zair and tosses them further up, only to be intercepted by Bisharp's Dair! Dealing a good deal of damage, but no KB as he passes through, Feraligatr can be seen in the little magnifying glass below as the foe reels in hit-stun. During this time before they hit the ground, Gatr can walk about and pretty much land the free smash attack of his choice, granted the player accurately follows the falling victim's DI!
|

Sieguest

Smash Master
acids dont/cannot eat through glass

In brawl, Porky creates a ball of plazma from between two of his walking arms, and after a moment, a focused beam of energy comes from it.

How can he create such a beam via that method, or better yet the ball?
The same way transuranium elements are made....>.>

@mrg(memorable random guy can I call you that?)- But that's assuming Petey's acid is THAT Potent, how can we exactly measure the acidity of Petey's acid?

Top Bottom