• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
HA! CAN'T NERF ELEC NOW BECAUSE Pikachu is SOO BEAST WITH ELECTRICITY!

Pika wins....
HOLY CRAP I DOUBLE POSTED!!!
sorry about that....

I have sealed the deal...a one post MU right here...

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Hyper Beam
|
If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Whirlpool
  • Dragon's Rain
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.
  • Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.
|Set sail for a water-world with the most aquatically inclined team around! Feraligatr is the star here as with Whirlpool, Dragon's Rain, Flooded Trick rooms and aerial water flows, it'll be amazing if the foe gains a foot of distance, let alone approach you. Combine that with Z and Gatr's natural artillery and Nasty Plot, and you have a camper's dream.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
  • If Spore is activated in a Trick Room, the cloud will linger inside of it until it is absorbed by an enemy.
  • Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.
|Fast, long-ranged and dazzling the foe with tricks, this team is definitely one that takes adjusting to for both players and opponents. Played best by constantly swapping who's playing to get the most out of catching bombs, swapping type, performing Super Smashes and the like, as well as constantly playing an offensive spacing war with the foe can easily make your head spin. If you are able to master this fast paced team however, you'll be rewarded with a high-octane team that can dominate the opposition. Just be careful or you'll end up being tossed around yourself!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Z provides the team with Agility as Alakazam puts up Reflect, all 3 turtling up before launching a rapid-fire array of Beams, Blasts and Seeds! Each pokemon will be able to fire multiple instances of their projectiles, with Z firing the current projectile he has equipped, and Breloom alternating Bullet/Leech seeds between seed bombs, all while being able to angle them in a 180* arc with the control stick. After about 2 seconds, the volley will stop and things go back to normal, except you probably have a pretty massive lead in terms of %.
|

marth13

Smash Rookie
Uh, Pika wins. Jigglypuff has no weapons to use, no strength behind anything it tries to do, and poor speed. And Pika has electric shocks, so Jiggs will just sit there and burn.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Sharpen_APP
  • Guillotine
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • If a foe is Locked-On, Night Slash/Metal Claws/Sucker Punch/Faint Attack all will home in on the targeted foe automatically.
  • Bisharp can hit Alakazam's spoons like his Metal Claws, which makes them behave just like them until they return to Alakazam.
|Spacing is the name of the game, with Trick Rooms, Teleportation, and Metal flying about like it's going out of style. Well suited for a bait and punish type of playstyle, with some more "actiony" options available with Nasty Plot and Sharpen_App. the three should have no trouble moving about the stage and confounding foes with their various movement tools on both themselves and their projectiles.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, it has been 2 months...

in this short time, my thread has become the 4th most viewed, and 4th largest thread on the general brawl boards....only topped by threads made in 2008

It is time for the final battle of round 1, this match will have special "canon accurate" rules, allowing each their various abilities from movies, shows and games.

Match 25:

Sieguest

Smash Master
lol yes the matchup I've been waiting for...my argument soon! :)

I'll lay out a simple thing now...
Mewtwo has that bubble....and a lot of Samus's stuff is ineffective against it...
Except the dark beam....hmmm

JOE!

Smash Hero
before we begin, I've taken the last hour to do some...superlatives?

LONGEST->SHORTEST MATCHUPS (page count)

ICS vs OLIMAR: 31 pages

Diddy Kong vs Lucario: 19

Peach vs Zelda: 14

Pichu vs Squirtle: 13

Pit vs Fox: 12

Bowser vs Charizard, Snake vs Wolf: 11

Ridley vs Rayquaza, MK vs Kirby: 10 (including the rematch for MK vs Kirby)

Ivysaur vs Yoshi: 9

Falco vs Cpt. Falcon, Giga Bowser vs Galleom: 8

Ganondorf vs Ike, Wario vs Sonic: 7

Link vs Marth, Our Boi vs Y/T Link, Petey Pirahna vs Porky: 6

Donkey Kong vs DDD, ZSS vs Shiek, Meta Ridley vs Duon: 5

Mario vs Luigi, Ness vs Lucas, Hands vs Tabuu: 4

Steak vs Meatknight: 2 (community-made unofficial match :chuckle:)

Jigglypuff vs Pikachu: 3 POSTS

Most sucessful series: METROID. none of the metroid fighters have lost...yet, and have been rather good in thier matches to boot.

Least Successful series: Fire Emblem and Kirby. Each had 3 fighters....each had only 1 who won...

Most Decisive Match: Bowser vs Charizard (999/1, bowser)

Closest Match (non-draw): Falco vs Cpt. Falcon (518/482, Cpt Falcon)

Draws: 2) Snake vs Wolf, Pit vs Fox

Most Controversial: Snake vs Wolf, Diddy vs Lucario, ICs vs Olimar, Squirtle vs Pichu. The amount of either b!tching, back-and-forth data presentation or simply oddness of the combatants made these 4 the most argued about matches of round 1

Fun Facts:

The top 3 of Brawl all won their matches (well, snake is a wildcard :p), when almost every other match was won by a lower tiered character

The Deadliest Brawler is the 4th biggest, and 4th most viewed thread in all of General Brawl Discussion

Started in June of 2009, it only took about 2 months for the thread to reach this size. The three above it all were started in early-mid 2008, over a year ago. This makes The Deadliest Brawler the fastest growing thread in General Brawl (sans MK polls...)

Uncle Sam and Ambrodeus are actually the same person. Much like Clark Kent and Superman.

BeastlyBrawler323

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo may have a bubble but last time I checked, samus can drain energy from shields With her grapple beam in metroid prime three, so she can easily get stronger if mewtwo pulls out the bubble

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Telekinesis and telepathy...

Here's what they can do:

Apply telekinetic force to the exact area required (such as under the suit, at the arm canon when firing, etc.)

Brainwash people, make them see illusions, ect.

I can't even begin to see what canonical weapons Samus has that could touch mewtwo, unless her tactic was assassination. Even then, telepathy.

Furthermore, it's shown that mewtwo is an especially powerful telepathic and telekinetic, which against fighters without some form of resistance to it, is basically god mode at that level.

I feel like a quote from Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail is needed: What are you gonna do, bleed on me?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Uncle Sam and Ambrodeus are actually the same person. Much like Clark Kent and Superman.
I'm going to sig. this before I get to the argument
EDIT: which game does Samus get her arsenal from? or do her weapons apply to all the games?
EDIT2: read the OP
I'm going to cover all of Samus' weaponry since I know more about Samus than mewtwo(I'll get to him l8r)
Armor:
MP1: Phazon suit- completely immune to phazon, and extremely durable to all physical and long range hits
MP2: Light suit- completely immune to all toxins
(located on Dark Aether)
, create it's own light field negating dark matter attacks
MP3: PEDsuit- allows access to hypermode
these are the most powerful suits she has lets just assume all 3 apply here ;)

Weaponry:
MP1: power beam- basic energy beam fired from Samus' arm cannon, very minor homing capabilities, rapid fire capabilities
Wave beam- an electrical beam, homing capabilities, charge beam can stun targets for an extended period of time
Ice beam- travels a tad slow, very powerful, charge beam freezes on contact
Plasma beam- short range, travels fast, burns on contact
MP2: power beam- see above info.
Light beam- very fast, burns on contact, charge beam fires multiple shots that home
Dark beam- a tad slow, charge beam freezes on contact, slsh damage can home to a target a short distance away
Annihilator beam- homes without lock-on, very fast, very powerful, rapid fire capabilities
MP3- power beam- see above info
Plasma beam- see above info
Nova beam- can travel through most solid objects, rapid fire capabilities
Hyper beam- (hypermode only) extremely powerful with rapid fire capabilities, charge beam fires a scattershot
all apply due to OP ;)

missiles+combos:
MP1: missile- concussive blast with homing capabilities
Super Missile- travels farther, faster, and does more damage than a missile, but limited homing
wavebuster- homing w/o lock-on, deals consistant damage at a fast rate, stuns target
Ice spreader- freezes target on contact, limited homing capabilities, very large splash range
Flamethrower- I'm not going to bother because it sucks and it's useless
MP2: missile- see above info
seeker missile- shoots up to 5 missiles at multiple targets
Super missile- see above info
Sunburst- concentrated amount of light, massive damage, large splash range, but moves slowly
Darkburst- concentrated amount of darkness, sucks in enemies, massive damage, but slow
Sonic Boom- massive sound-wave, covers a large area, moves at the speed of sound, knocks back enemies
MP3: missile- see above info
Ice missile- freezes enemies on contact, homes
Hyper missile- full of 1337|\|3$$, homing missile, moves very fast, large splash range, and is fueled by Phazon

misc.
MP1: bombs- small blast, little damage
Power bombs- massive damage, large splash range
grapple beam- can latch on to grapple points
MP2: bombs- see above
power bombs- see above
grapple beam- see above
screw attack- gives longer jumping range, deals damage
MP3: bombs- see above
power bombs- see above
Hyper ball- releases phazon energy while moving in morph ball
grapple beam- latch onto targets and give/suck energy from them
screw attack- see above
grapple lasso- can grab targets/objects and pull them
grapple swing- grab grapple points
Hyper grapple- give/take phazon energy from targets, forcing phazon into target deals damage to them
Gravity booster- allows samus to fly around for a short period of time
Hunters: Omega cannon- I don't know how to classify this so I put it under misc. it's basically nuke-in-a-can, self-explanitory

Visors: MPT: Combat Visor- default visor, has all the standard info built in
Scan visor- this visor is uplinked into the entire federation network, which knows everything about EVERYTHING
Thermal visor- scans thermal readings of all objects
X-ray Visor- scans through almost all objects
Dark visor- scans through all matter and can visibly see all interdimentional objects
Command visor- controls Samus' gunship, Air-raid any1?
I think I covered all of her weaponry from prime series, there are or 2 weapons from fusion, return of samus, super metroid, ect. I'll get back to those

Darkurai

Smash Master
Started in June of 2009, it only took about 2 months for the thread to reach this size. The three above it all were started in early-mid 2008, over a year ago. This makes The Deadliest Brawler the fastest growing thread in General Brawl (sans MK polls...)
This fails to take into account the Show Me Your News thread which was just moved to the Light House.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Hyper Beam
  • Stealth Rock
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
  • Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.
|A very "safe" team, this combo has access to powerful stage control, littering both the ground and air with Rocks, Lava, Trick Rooms, you name it! Once the set up is complete, Alakazam has a field day zooming around and taking advantage of foes who can't just *blip* around like he can, and score easy KOs thanks to damage provided by the other two.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Yes, but remember that a lot of the older threads like "Tiers If characters where true to there game" have died or been closed making there rate of increase lower but there post count doesn't. Plus, your missing out on threads like the Tier discussion threads that were originally in this room (the first 2).

@4th Most Posts: Are you sure yours has the 4th most posts? I can think of a couple threads that had a lot more posts.

-Tier thread 1
-Tier thread 2
-SMYN (which was originally here)
-TCWTTG (tiers if characters....)

Actually, just look at this

-:bowser:Bowser King

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
The mind is a powerful thing. The way I see it, Samus just can't contend here because Mewtwo controls the one thing that enables combat. Messing up Samus's mind, making her see illusions, etc. Mewtwo controls Samus.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Whirlpool
  • Dragon's Rain
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.
|Set sail for a water-world with the most aquatically inclined team around! Feraligatr is the star here as with Whirlpool, Dragon's Rain, Flooded Trick rooms and aerial water flows, it'll be amazing if the foe gains a foot of distance, let alone approach you. Combine that with Z and Gatr's natural artillery and Nasty Plot, and you have a camper's dream.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Dragon's Rain
|
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • If Spore is activated in a Trick Room, the cloud will linger inside of it until it is absorbed by an enemy.
|With Dragon's Rain and more potent Trick Rooms, the focus here is definitely on locking down the foe's options. Generally you'll want Breloom on Team2 and keep Z or Gatr playable in order to flood TR's and for their Super Smash, and with the awesome damage Z can get from the Projectiles gained (Mainly Grass/Poison/Water/Dragon) it'd be too good to pass up switching types constantly. Breloom's healing and lingering Spore offer good survival to the team, mixed with Trick Room's acting as safety nets can make this combination surprisingly durable given the two lightweights on the team, all in part due to the Super Leech seeds and Trick Rooms providing so much damage mitigation.

|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Having to be right next to a foe for it to hit, Porygon-Z will appear and grab the foe, trapping them inside a Trick Room! From here, he floats to the background as Feraligatr and Breloom stand to either side of the trapped foe, with Z making a pixelated arrow over one of them. This now works similarly to the Mario and Luigi RPGs when they have a Bro item like the Fire Flower, only you know.. with Feraligatr and Breloom instead mashing A (For Gatr) or B (Breloom) to get in as many standard attacks as possible! The poor foe will be subject to them switching off attacks for about 2 seconds, before the last second which has both able to mash A/B in order to shatter the Trick Room with one last attack and launch the foe, with the Pokemon who landed that final hit performing a victorious Taunt.
|

tocador

Smash Lord
O-MY-GOD, SAMUS VS MEWTWOO HAS COME.

*crys from sheer awsomeness".

And dam, as soon as i go away they take petey down. That sucks.

Joe, a question, are you going to make a "losers bracket" and such, because really, it would be a shame if ones like falco/yoshi/petey couldnt compete again =/.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I agree. I want to see Marth, YLink, Charizard, ICs, and Dedede again. (BTW, I think :younglinkmelee: VS :popo: would be cool) You could switch on and off between loser's and winner's brackets. You could even make a chart on the OP showing each character's prowess thus far.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Dragon's Rain
  • Sharpen_APP
  • Hone Claws
|
  • If a foe is Locked-On, Night Slash/Metal Claws/Sucker Punch/Faint Attack all will home in on the targeted foe automatically.
  • When Bisharp commands Feraligatr to use a smash attack, Gatr's smashes are performed 25% faster than normal. When Bisharp and Feraligatr are the only Pokemon remaining, Feraligatr can also command Bisharp with his Smashes due to experience.
|Watery Trick Rooms add a new piece to Bisharp's playing field with this team, and combined with Lock on, reliable Bleed damage and stage-covering damage, the stage is set for total foe lock-down! A bit tougher to grasp than most other teams, the key to victory here is swapping back and forth to get the most out of each aspect of the pairs, usually Team2 swaps in order for Bisharp to space both his and Z/Gatr's smash attacks effectively around Trick Rooms.

tocador

Smash Lord
I agree. I want to see Marth, YLink, Charizard, ICs, and Dedede again. (BTW, I think :younglinkmelee: VS :popo: would be cool) You could switch on and off between loser's and winner's brackets. You could even make a chart on the OP showing each character's prowess thus far.
I second this.

The only thing you cant do, is put very exciting mus early on, you should make some kind of brackets with in maximum 3 good chars on it, so the finale isnt like "Snake x Wario", or "MK x Wolf" :D;

BeastlyBrawler323

Smash Rookie
Now then, the last time I checked, psychic energy can't easily pierce through metals and samus' helmet/overall armor is pretty thick so I doubt mewtwo would be able to mess with samus' mind since it's protected with the helmet. It's like magneto's helmet that protects his mind from psychic blasts

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Now then, the last time I checked, psychic energy can't easily pierce through metals and samus' helmet/overall armor is pretty thick so I doubt mewtwo would be able to mess with samus' mind since it's protected with the helmet. It's like magneto's helmet that protects his mind from psychic blasts
The reason I don't usually like these canon battles is because there are alot of problems about what we can and can't do here. Its not REALISTIC for a physical object to act against psychic energy, but that's not realistic in the first place, and we're not being realistic here. Do we allow Samus's armor to protect her, or not?

UncleSam

Smash Master
trace can turn invisible and Dark Samus can create dopplegangers and disrupt visors.
probably Mewtwo's telekeises can disrupt a few of her visors
I'm going to keep updating Samus's list I made a few posts ago

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Dragon's Rain
  • Hyper Beam
  • Strength
|
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
  • When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.
|Stage control is excellent with this team, as Armantle both uses his abilities to warp the stage, and then is used for both cover and a weapon! Z's Bubblebeam and Mud Shot are great here, trapping foes in hit stun or tripping to be followed up by Feraligatr, and as always fall into the constraints of Armantle's moveset. Although straightforward at first, all the little tricks and baiting involved will make this team have a tad higher learning curve, but getting to know them pays off big time with the raw power at their disposal!

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
|Fast, long-ranged and dazzling the foe with tricks, this team is definitely one that takes adjusting to for both players and opponents. Played best by constantly swapping who's playing to get the most out of catching bombs, swapping type, performing Super Smashes and the like, as well as constantly playing an offensive spacing war with the foe can easily make your head spin. If you are able to master this fast paced team however, you'll be rewarded with a high-octane team that can dominate the opposition. Just be careful or you'll end up being tossed around yourself!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Z provides the team with Agility as Alakazam puts up Reflect, all 3 turtling up before launching a rapid-fire array of Beams, Blasts and Seeds! Each pokemon will be able to fire multiple instances of their projectiles, with Z firing the current projectile he has equipped, and Breloom alternating Bullet/Leech seeds between seed bombs, all while being able to angle them in a 180* arc with the control stick. After about 2 seconds, the volley will stop and things go back to normal, except you probably have a pretty massive lead in terms of %.
|

SothE700k

Smash Lord
This is like sending a single infantry soldier to fight a Jedi/Sith.

Mewtwo. He is too fast to get hit by missiles and has the ability to shove Samus wherever he pleases. Plus his psychic abilities are so strong, he can annihilate the armor with one psychic shot.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
As for vs Psionics...I believe one of the hunters...the changer one in Metroid Prime 3 used them against her, but one of her visors made it null...

I think maybe the dark suit could repel psionics, leaving mewtwo with more...aggressive means to attack her
Gandrayda has a cloaking field, there's no indication from the series that Samus has anything to resist telepathic abilities.

Evidence on that?

You're also not considering the implications of that level of control on the outside world.

There's literally no difference between hitting somebody with a fist of psionic energy and hitting somebody with a fist formed of air melded together with psionic energy.

Telekinesis is mewtwo's strongest weapon, including control of the environment, and setting off other projectiles against Samus. If nothing else, tiny adjustments to samus' movement or mewtwo's one easily throw off a battle.

Juggernaut's helmet only worked because it was specially made, thickness doesn't count.

Psionic power can have the precision to pinch one artery closed, or even manipulate atoms, or the raw power to move planets or stars. What we need to be concerned about now is what level of power and precision mewtwo falls under.

Furthermore, psionics have to be negated by something that specifically negate it. Even then, only if it's a field. Even then, you can still go outside the influence and toss projectiles in, or break the ground under the support structure.

Psionics are broken.

Im letting the suit protet against Telekinesis that would affect the inside. Special space energies and metals, you know?
That's ridiculous.

Unless there's some actual evidence that it has that ability, that's randomly buffing a character.

Special "space metals" could just as easily enhance the effect as hurt it, go with canon information.

And samus wont be able to shoot back? she's no stranger to being flung
Not if mewtwo holds the arm canon at an angle so she can't hit, or better yet, mewtwo DISRUPTS THE PROJECTILES' ANGLES.

Aka, knock the projectile off course.

Think she can't do that with energy-based ones (which most of samus' projectiles aren't)? One word, "gravity". Tightly pack matter into a given area and it warps the surrounding space. That's why light is bent by black holes.

Again, I'll say this, because I've actually written quite a bit about the applications of psionics, especially with sufficient control. Psionics are broken.

Top Bottom