• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
I think it's time I said this
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8059819&postcount=8483
This post is the most epic amount of truth I could find about how this debate went.
EVERYBODY was biased including myself, the only person IMO who realized this and became neutral was Marthage...
that is why we should try to not take sides until we have totally taken every possibility into account.
once that is done you guys can flame each other.
By now I can see that everybody understands this, this is good.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah....that is completely true....

Samus still wins though. :laugh:

Bah, whatever. The only reason I actualy went pro-samus is becasue adumbreous was kicking everyone's ***, and I can let myself watch such a one-sided argument.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I hate to troll but lrn2read
we've talked about this for like 15 pages we've discussed this. we're waiting for the OP to conclude this discussion
EDIT: shiny dugtrio! me wants
Oh sorry about that.
Yeah me too lol been shiny chaining for one for weeks. Highest I got was 27 haha.

UncleSam

Smash Master

Samus still wins though.
oh of course...
I can just imagine her in hypermode spamming scattershot and seeker missiles to destroy mewtwo
EDIT:
Oh sorry about that.
Yeah me too lol been shiny chaining for one for weeks. Highest I got was 27 haha.
I was breeding a crobat and when the egg hatched it was a shiny zubat... I was LMAOing like crazy

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman

Samus still wins though. :laugh:

Bah, whatever. The only reason I actualy went pro-samus is becasue adumbreous was kicking everyone's ***, and I can let myself watch such a one-sided argument.
In fact, I went to this thread with a Pro-Mewtwo mentality, because I thought everyone was going to go for Samus.

I was wrong. Which is weird because everyone seems to love Samus and jump for her defense in a canon fight.

Which brings this question: who here is a metroid fan? And who is a pokemon fan?

I am a fan of both personaly.

UncleSam

Smash Master
In fact, I went to this thread with a Pro-Mewtwo mentality, because I thought everyone was going to go for Samus.

I was wrong. Which is weird because everyone seems to love Samus and jump for her defense in a canon fight.
wrong... 'I' love samus and jumped to her defense in a canon fight.
vast knowledge of metroid universe ftw
I thought everyone was going pro-mewtwo just because he looks bad*** in pokemon
I almost gave up because Adum was so persistent, but I discovered that this was a canon fight, which puts samus ahead, not by a lot, but ahead
EDIT: I <3 metroid, in pokemon I just <3 second gen.
other than that I just try to build competitive parties and test them for my own enjoyment

REL38

Smash Lord

Which brings this question: who here is a metroid fan?
If they were true to their games and only that, then I would've had Samus' back. I love Metroid more than Pokemon.

Mewtwo has WAAAYYY more material to work with, not just his games so going for Samus would mean going with less resources. Besides, most of the people who supported Mewtwo have only seen the movie so they automatically say he wins.

EDIT:
Unclesam, sorry to disapoint you but Paper mario to game cube(thousand years door) is the best game ever hands down.
No, Paper Mario 64 all day, son.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Anyway... I really should not waste so much time in this thread and in the boards considering soon there will be the biggest videogame event in my country and that I should be practicing my Ryu and Marth skills right now....

So yeah, my posts will be infrequent from now on.

UncleSam

Smash Master
If they were true to their games and only that, then I would've had Samus' back. I love Metroid more than Pokemon.

Mewtwo has WAAAYYY more material to work with, not just his games so going for Samus would mean going with less resources. Besides, most of the people who supported Mewtwo have only seen the movie so they automatically say he wins.
you are ruining our moment!
but true, though nitpicking at the entire metroid universe finds very interesting things i.e. chozo blood
EDIT: MRG what tourney? and where?

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I live in a far off magical land full of exploding fortress trees and giant sea monsters.

TL;dr If you live in Jersey you are far away from there.

But the tournament is going to be a 3 day event and will be very big. Can't wait.

UncleSam

Smash Master
well I don't know of any other place that could be as faintly british as that post looked like so I'm stumped
EDIT: washington state?

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
My country is full of people from all around the world. And we are not from the states, but we were in their vicinity before the begining of the 21th century.

In the capital, there is no definitive race for there are to many races to declare one as the majority.

Crisol de razas.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Well...not like it makes a difference anyway.

Anyway....I think JOE! is dead....

Let us all make silence to think about all the good moments we had with him.

REL38

Smash Lord
My country is full of people from all around the world. And we are not from the states, but we were in their vicinity before the begining of the 21th century.

In the capital, there is no definitive race for there are to many races to declare one as the majority.
lol this is turning into a quiz show.

Crisol de razas.
I see what you did there.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I checked JOE is online and in my time zone so its about 10:30 where he is, stop lurking and start posting if you are reading this JOE

tocador

Smash Lord
MRG is from south jamaica, no doubt.

Im a pokeman fan :D. Never liked metroid games, dont know why =/. But im that weird, didnt like link games either, im more a brawl/sf4 fan :B.

UncleSam

Smash Master
JOE left again...
oh I know, he's waiting for me to leave so he can change the topic again, very crafty JOE, very crafty indeed

day-day

Smash Ace
wrong... 'I' love samus and jumped to her defense in a canon fight.
vast knowledge of metroid universe ftw
I thought everyone was going pro-mewtwo just because he looks bad*** in pokemon
I almost gave up because Adum was so persistent, but I discovered that this was a canon fight, which puts samus ahead, not by a lot, but ahead
EDIT: I <3 metroid, in pokemon I just <3 second gen.
other than that I just try to build competitive parties and test them for my own enjoyment
Lol I was pro-mewtwo at first I'll admit it. After reading about some of the stuff you guys used to back up your argument about Samus winning I was convinced. I really need to play more Metroid games though. :laugh:

JOE!

Smash Hero

HOLY JEEEBUS!!! OVER 9000 PAGES I HAD TO READ!!!!!!!!​

anyways, it seems Samus just has too much firepower for even mewtwo to handle..

but, not to be *that guy*, but as I said before: canon matches only allow their abilities...real world physics still apply

none the less....

THE DEADLIEST BRAWLER:

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Assist
|
If an opponent is under the effects of Spore's poison, Bisharp's bleed damage will extend by 1/2 a second per hit instead of 1/4 second when applicable. If the opponent is paralyzed or slept by Spore, Bisharp's attacks will do 25-50% more KB respectively.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

tocador

Smash Lord

REL38

Smash Lord
I shall see this as a second'placer, BUT A MANLY ONE.

Edit: I'm offering free "I got second place, but im still manly" shirts to whoever joins the not-dark side.

And yeah we have cookies....

RAISIN COOKIES MAUHUHAHUAHUHUAHUAUHAHUA

EDIT2: How do i cover a sentence with black thingy, like it was a spoiler.
Who ever wants to go to the Light Side? They're so boring with their sense of Justice and Morality.

For the spoiler cover, go to advanced and pick the little thing between the wiki and S.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No gravity because beam is gravity-proof.
LEARN BASIC PHYSICS!

For the love of God, GRAVITY WARPS SPACE!

Gravity effects everything that travels through space, including LIGHT. That's why light can't escape from black hole.

From there on, I will make final notes.

Nobody responded to telekenesis (in other words, how samus has a resistence), and it seems nobody has even the most basic grasp of weather, and therefore seems to think that by far the most complex system in this entire world that we have encountered is SIMPLE. Or the simple issue of how do you expect samus to aim with that amount of force able to keep the arm canon pinned in the opposite direction.

As for raw power, the equivilent of 100,000 kilowatts transfered into force is more then enough to crush samus, as I explained many times (check my back posts for where I came up with the number). But of course people don't seem willing to listen.

Popularity won that over arguments, therefore I've lost interest in being here period.

Enjoy your thread where RL peach wins over RL zelda.

[/unsubscribed]

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Sharpen_APP
|
If a foe is Locked-On, Night Slash/Metal Claws/Sucker Punch/Faint Attack all will home in on the targeted foe automatically.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

Top Bottom