• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(lock This Thread A New One Has Been Made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegs001

Smash Rookie
well characters r still comin out
and maybe people r tryin to make original characters
not just ones with gfx

Yingyay

Smash Ace
well characters r still comin out
and maybe people r tryin to make original characters
not just ones with gfx
Ugh I had to stop on my Shishigami sheik because her rapid combo Sub Routine got erased and there's no way to get it back without restarting from scratch >_>

I was ready to release a monster too. I'll release it by monday if I get intrested or if people want me too.

What I had
-Down Taunt gave invisibility until she was either hit or activated a defensive move or taunt. (took at least 15 minutes to make this properly)
-Fair was returned to normal sheik's fair in exchange dair doesnt rocket down and spikes.
-New entrance animation
-New combo into rapid jab. ( got erased so im scraping this idea)

Unfortunately, yes.

And I am trying to find a way to remove Marth's chaingrab on Ness/Lucas. Once I get it, I'll post it here.
Could just increase the end lag of marth's grab release or shorten the inactive time of Ness and Lucas when they get grab released.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Ugh I had to stop on my Shishigami sheik because her rapid combo Sub Routine got erased and there's no way to get it back without restarting from scratch >_>

I was ready to release a monster too. I'll release it by monday if I get intrested or if people want me too.

What I had
-Down Taunt gave invisibility until she was either hit or activated a defensive move or taunt. (took at least 15 minutes to make this properly)
-Fair was returned to normal sheik's fair in exchange dair doesnt rocket down and spikes.
-New entrance animation

Could just increase the end lag of marth's grab release or shorten the inactive time of Ness and Lucas when they get grab released.
That's what I'm trying to do.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Alright I managed to make sheik's down taunt turn her invisible. She reappears off of a smash attack, Fair or a dash. I just need a code to get rid of the big floating P1 over my head lol. If anybody finds it can you PM me? I expect to be releasing the beta of Sheik of the Shadows in the next couple of days.

Edit: Wooooow. It turns out YingYay's doing like the same thing as me. Screw it i'm doing it anyways. This thread needs moar characters nao.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ce77b9997d864cfc391d7d881749d3a7e04e75f6e8ebb871

super beta or something. Pretty much has invisibility, darkness effects and improved Fair, Spike Dair (still kinda sucks)

Tell me if i screwed something up. 1st time file sharing lol

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Alright I managed to make sheik's down taunt turn her invisible. She reappears off of a smash attack, Fair or a dash. I just need a code to get rid of the big floating P1 over my head lol. If anybody finds it can you PM me? I expect to be releasing the beta of Sheik of the Shadows in the next couple of days.

Edit: Wooooow. It turns out YingYay's doing like the same thing as me. Screw it i'm doing it anyways. This thread needs moar characters nao.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ce77b9997d864cfc391d7d881749d3a7e04e75f6e8ebb871

super beta or something. Pretty much has invisibility, darkness effects and improved Fair, Spike Dair (still kinda sucks)

Tell me if i screwed something up. 1st time file sharing lol
Hey if you get the code to remove the player tag off then please share. It's been bugging me all day lol.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
The code to remove tags is one of these:

0C170100: 3-0
0C250100: 3-0
08040100: 3-0

or any combination of them. However, to my knowledge, if you put them all on, you won't suffer any ill effects.

These codes are what Zelda uses when she teleports.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
The code to remove tags is one of these:

0C170100: 3-0
0C250100: 3-0
08040100: 3-0

or any combination of them. However, to my knowledge, if you put them all on, you won't suffer any ill effects.

These codes are what Zelda uses when she teleports.
do these go in the gct or are they part of a PAC file? Also, how do you know everything? :confused:

XANDIR: that's good stuff man! I can tell alot of work went into it. Confetti down B is epic.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
do these go in the gct or are they part of a PAC file? Also, how do you know everything? :confused:
Heheh, I've just been wasting too much time with this program lately.

Those codes are just like the invisibility command. The "3-0" means Parameter 0 is Boolean, and the value in the field is 0.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Heheh, I've just been wasting too much time with this program lately.

Those codes are just like the invisibility command. The "3-0" means Parameter 0 is Boolean, and the value in the field is 0.
lol are you even working on a character? You should post all these awesome blossom findings/explanations in the guide thread too. Also, for those wondering sheik of the shadows and all my future characters are based off the 5.0 pacs so they include the glory of the WBR as well.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
lol are you even working on a character? You should post all these awesome blossom findings/explanations in the guide thread too. Also, for those wondering sheik of the shadows and all my future characters are based off the 5.0 pacs so they include the glory of the WBR as well.
Hecks yeah I am! I'm pretty pumped for it. I was actually going to ask if it's cool with everyone if, when I release it, I make a thread about it. It's very original, and I wanted to make a big long Smash DOJOesque post about it. So if that's cool. Guys.

I think when I finish I will post the sum of my knowledge on that thread as best I can.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Hecks yeah I am! I'm pretty pumped for it. I was actually going to ask if it's cool with everyone if, when I release it, I make a thread about it. It's very original, and I wanted to make a big long Smash DOJOesque post about it. So if that's cool. Guys.

I think when I finish I will post the sum of my knowledge on that thread as best I can.
Muh-Muh-Muh-MONSTER HYPE

I fully support a thread for this, especially considering that that guy who just posted ideas about big boss has his own. Are you going to at least tell us a little bit about it?
cough cough what character cough cough

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Muh-Muh-Muh-MONSTER HYPE

I fully support a thread for this, especially considering that that guy who just posted ideas about big boss has his own. Are you going to at least tell us a little bit about it?
cough cough what character cough cough
Pffgk :laugh:

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to it. Tell about it, huh? I won't say what character, but I can say that almost every single attack will be changed. The few exceptions may be get-up attacks or cliff attacks and the like, but even those will look different.

But until then, enjoy this Wavedashin' Samus I made for testing purposes. Crouch or up-air attack to wavedash! :p

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hogz2gqy3dw

Note to Yingyay: The above .pac isn't worth putting on the main post.

@Pegs001: No worries, I'll definitely post a link.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
the suspense is killing me in a slow painful tapeworm kind of way. And now I'm oddly hungry.

By the way that tag code isn't working for me but I'll mess with it some more. I'm currently using all 3

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Pffgk :laugh:

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to it. Tell about it, huh? I won't say what character, but I can say that almost every single attack will be changed. The few exceptions may be get-up attacks or cliff attacks and the like, but even those will look different.

But until then, enjoy this Wavedashin' Samus I made for testing purposes. Crouch or up-air attack to wavedash! :p

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hogz2gqy3dw

Note to Yingyay: The above .pac isn't worth putting on the main post.

@Pegs001: No worries, I'll definitely post a link.
Super Wavedash much? :V its AWESOME though. Maybe...just maybe... we can recreate the Melee Samus superwavedash?

edit: B3Brawler: IMMA SIG THAT. ;) THAT IS HILARIOUS, YOU GET MY RESPECT. ;)

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Super Wavedash much? :V its AWESOME though. Maybe...just maybe... we can recreate the Melee Samus superwavedash?

edit: B3Brawler: IMMA SIG THAT. ;) THAT IS HILARIOUS, YOU GET MY RESPECT. ;)
that's what happens when i post late at night on my wii's opera browser lol.

and yeah this thread does nees more characters spoon. (Contradicts self)

Pegs001

Smash Rookie
Did you miss my previous post? V1.0 of my Link is available.
I tried it
its good but the recovery is kinda bad
and the fighting style is so dif from normal link
actually the biggest thing that was kinda hard about it was the new Side Smash
also the side b is kinda hard to get used to
other than that i like it

Eldiran

Smash Lord
By the way that tag code isn't working for me but I'll mess with it some more. I'm currently using all 3
That's unusual. I did some testing and only 0C250100: 3-0 was necessary to remove the tags for me. However, the tags only stay gone during the animation in which you place the code. That's been my experience at least.

@Cookiemonster: Thanks! I bet we could make the Super Wavedash. I don't remember how you initiated it in Melee, but we definitely have the tools necessary to launch Samus across the stage :p

What I really want back for Samus was the awesome Homing Grab. I loved that thing.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
oh okay. I thought it would remove it until it was undone by a contradicting action. It actually does work for that animation

just2good

Smash Cadet
That's unusual. I did some testing and only 0C250100: 3-0 was necessary to remove the tags for me. However, the tags only stay gone during the animation in which you place the code. That's been my experience at least.
That Event ID works.

I also added a few preview pics and im about to upload another short preview vid on my blog. Please visit it xD.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord

What I had
-New entrance animation

Just redownload a previous version.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
what changes are there to your lucario kenji?
Attribute Changes:
Jumps: 3
Gravity: 0.1
Terminal Velocity: 1.75
Air Mobility: 0.3
ASM: 0.04
MHAV: 1.5
Running Speed: 1.75
Fastfall Terminal Velocity: 2.2

Move Changes:
Move Jab3 to Dash Attack (animation didn't change...-_-)
Change new DA's angle (2D), damage (7), BKB (64), and ending lag
Remove Jabs 2 and 3 (Jab2 didn't completely go away -_-)
Decrease Nair lag
Change Bair2 angle and strength (Angle: 154, BKB: 50: KBG: 0)
Front Dtilt angle changed to "Sakurai angle"
Back Dtilt weakened (id=3, BKB: 50, KBG: 0)
Jab/Utilt are frame 4
Usmash1 id=0 is stronger (BKB=73) with a straight-up angle
Fair/Nair/Bair all have 1 frame of landing lag

Throw Changes:
Faster pummel
Fthrow: BKB: 46, KBG: 37, Angle: 19
Bthrow: BKB: 50, KBG: 0, Angle: 14A, Damage: 7, Effect: 15
Uthrow: BKB: 28, KBG: 28, Damage: 4
Dthrow: BKB: 50, KBG: 0, Angle: 10E, Damage: 5, Effect: 15

Special Changes:
Added Interrupt to Up-B and Down-B
Side B: BKB: 3C, KBG: 32, Angle: 1E, Damage: F

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
FrozenPopo

New updates have been added to this post.​

Yes, I am that conceited. FrozenPopo is my first character made in PSA and i feel i have edited him not only to the best of my ability, to a satisfactory point that would feel fine labeling him v1.0 as an official release of the character. I plan to move on and do other character modifications in the future and i hope they turn out as well as him. I've had a lot of fun with this project and have learned a considerable amount about the PSA program. Using the skills i've developed here you can look forward to more interesting and complex characters in the future.

~~~Downloads~~~​
Unlike other PSA creations, mine requires outside codes to use. Hacking ICs isn't an easy task and having to figure out Nana is a big headache. So, i took her out of the equation. yep, no Nana. But that it only possible through my special codeset (txt included). I really cannot stress this enough: you cannot just plug this PAC in with the rest and play with your regular codes. It will act weird and will not function properly. I now have both vBrawl and Brawl+ sets up. So, here are the downloads (SaveAs at bottom of pages):

SoPo Test (vBrawl)
SoPo Test (Brawl+) [No txt]

And, without further ado, FrozenPopo....

~~~Specials~~~​

Side B: Ice Hammer (fixed)

Wonder where nana got to? Wonder how Popo will be able to fight withou--

WHOA! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!​

Ice Hammer is an interesting move with an interesting ability: it can freeze. Not some of the time, ALL THE TIME. With the ability to be used both in the air and on the ground, Ice Hammer makes an opponent think twice about rushing Popo when he's all by his lonesome. be careful, though, aerial version puts you into free fall and makes you drop like a rock. Better stay away from those ledges (its a long way to the bottom)!

So, how can you justify an attack that always freezes and can be used on the ground AND in the air? Well, unfortunately, putting all of his effort into chilling his hammer doesn't leave Popo with a lot of physical strength to his attack. Dealing only a measly 4% Ice Hammer isn't exactly a 'powerhouse' when it comes to KOs.

Down B: Blizzard

Hmm... this doesn't look any different...

You missed....​

No, actually, this attack is still pretty much the same as it always was... except for the addition of a windbox. Thats right, blizzard actually creates wind now (who would have thought!). The above image is actually of MK getting pushed. Without Nana, Popo can't pressure with his attacks as much as before. To make up for this he has to try extra hard to keep the opponent at bay. With Blizzard, this means Popo summons all of his arctic might to create a gust that pushes the opponent away. However, like with Ice Hammer, this can be very draining, the result being that the attack doesn't hit as often as when Nana was there.

Great for spacing and edge guarding, the new blizzard is definitely not a force to be underestimated!

Up B: Arctic Wind

So... how does he recover?

Well, thats new.

GO, POPO, GO!​

Now, THIS is an up b. Popo calls in a gust of chilling air to propel himself upwards, back towards the stage. If you're unfortunate enough to get caught in the initial draft of this attack you may very well find yourself chilled to the bone at higher percents!

The actual trajectory of the attack is a little odd. While it does give much more vertical and horizontal distance, it moves in a kind of arch path. this means Popo needs to keep track of where he is in respect to the stage if he plans on recovering!

~~~Smash Attacks~~~​

Fsmash: Fthrow (fixed)

With Ice Hammer taking Popo's old Fsmash, he needed a new one. So, why not his Fthrow?

Batter Up!​

Swing and a Miss!​

Ok, so this isn't baseball, but its close (not really, its his beam sword swing...). For this attack, Popo winds up and lets fly like there's no tomorrow! This neat attack is a little mindgame in of itself. When you initiate the attack there is a slight delay, so if you think you're gonna be clever and spotdodge early, think again, otherwise you're gonna get a face full of hammer. Another neat aspect of the attack is that every frame after the swing, the hammer is a hitbox. that means it can hot behind him too. Pretty cool trick, if i do say so myself.

Dsmash: Ice Bomb

Wait, what do you mean 'Ice Bo--'

Oh, hey, he's charging something...​

WTF WAS THAT!?​

Truth be told, i'm not entirely sure. The images above don't really help explain the attack, either. What you don't see is the snowflask-esqu 'bomb' that appears in front of him and explodes with incredible force. For this attack, it seems like Popo decided to go the opposite direction and exchange freezing for force. This attack can pack a punch, but for some reason can't freeze... hmm... must have been a balancing issue.... Anyway, for all its power the attack takes a lot of him, forcing him to wait a little bit before he's able to move. Due to this, its imperative that you don't misjudge the placement, or else you're *** is grass, my friend.

~~~Other~~~​

The rest of the edits fit into a couple of categories, so it will be easier to just list them off.

Fair: Spike

In melee Popo had his own spiking Fair. This isn't the case in Brawl... or at least not till now.

Poor puff....​

All in the name of progress. With Nana gone, it only makes sense for Popo to pull some of his old tricks out. Its a dangerous world out there; someone might get hurt. Bring a hammer.

Utilt: Utilt (w/ Ice!)

Wait... what do you mean 'w/ Ice!'? It doesn't... does it?

O_____o​

The simple answer is yes, it does. The long answer is yes, but not exactly. Thanks to the marvel of modern hitboxes only the very last hitbox at the tip of the hammer will freeze. this means that if you don't DI, you could very well be dead. Ok, well not dead (the attack won't kill you.... directly) but you will be in a bad position. being frozen directly under a character with a mean uair isn't the best place to be in the world. Luckily, even if you do get frozen, it won't be for long.

Nair: Nair (w/ Ice!)

Ok, we get it... you can add ice effects. ENOUGH ALREADY!

What, no pics?​

Unfortunately, no pics for this one (sorry), but here's the basic idea: The last frame of the attack on the inside of the hammer will freeze. Now, the likelihood of even landing this is incredibly low, but even if it does land, the person won't stay frozen for long.

So... why add it? Simple: "Climb the Mountain Because its there."

Jab: Ooh, Shiny!

Speaking of Climbing Mountains because they're there, what up with this?

Ooh, shiny....​

This is just a graphical addition to the second jab. it doesn't do anything, it doesn't have any cool freezing ability if you hit it just right, its just for show. I mean, it just looks cool....

And that concludes the grand tour. Hope you enjoyed it. Download, comment, enjoy!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Cool, man. Nice to see that you got around to releasing this. Good luck with it in the future!
(as i wont be any help :p )

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Very nice, Frozen!

That Event ID works.

I also added a few preview pics and im about to upload another short preview vid on my blog. Please visit it xD.
Nice use of tag removal! I've got that on one of my character's airdodges :p. I actually tried to apply it to the Guard subaction, but for some reason Guard refuses to be changed in any way, shape, or form!

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Shishigami Sheik Ver.2.5

Back after completing another week of training from the great Bang Shishigami

"IM BACK!!!" (and with a few original moves of her own this time around"

Fair spike is now relocated to her D-air which no longer sends her crashing down.

One of her original moves (I got this move from chip zanuff of guilty gear)

The ablity to cloak her presense.........INVISIBILITY

"Who's there?"

"WTF!?? I...I DONT EVEn....."

To deactivate this move you either have to activate a defensive move (dodge rolling, edge grabbing, guarding, air dodging)

Or......

Get hit -_-

A few things were added as well.

Change List
-Her standard AAA combo is now AA
-First hit, jab
-Second hit a sweep.

-Her dtilt is a swipe. You can pick people of the floor with this move
-Her ftilt is a overhead punch. Has kill poential and is a good gtfo move

Her down taunt activates "Invisble Mode"
-The second explosion causes a cape effect when the opponent is too close

Dair doesnt rocket you down anymore since it's the new location of her spike.

Things that need to be done
-Give her a command grab special (in the works >=D)
-Add hitboxes to up-ftilt and down-ftilt. (currently they are her original ftilt with no hitboxes)
-Add Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan

Enjoy and plese give feedback. (plus if anyone can upload a vid please tell me)

New Download Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom