• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Handorin

Smash Hero
hm.

kevin, what do you learn from a person when you become in mason with them? for example, what happens if you mason a mafia or an indie? can u only take their word that they are who they say they are?

also, can there be mafia masons? or is that the same thing as a recruiter?

this question is assuming either you or omis is the mason recruiter but not pinpointing which one of you is which
You 98% of the time, you die if you mason a nontown member.

Kevin is right that mafia are "in mason" the whole time. Recruiters are something different because there is some condition. (ie. Yakuza sacrifices himself, or in HP mafia, one mafia had to be dead already).

Generally Cults can recruit anyone, including mafia. Mafia then have one less member and usually cant contact the others. They are a bit different.

Also, this talk has made me pretty confident in a Riddle vote.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Riddle it's so cute you're trying really hard.

Omni, I'm not a recruiting mason, I'm masonry with one person and thats it.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
so you two have been in a mason from D1?

*rubs temples*

im gonna stfu and wait for everyone else to respond to this before saying anything else.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
WHile masons cant recruit mafia. A Mod can start the game with a mafia member and a townie in mason together. And make them lovers

Not saying that this is the case here. Just sayin.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sorry, been V/LA first of all, and now there's been quite the bit of excitement here in the past few hours.

Kevin, that actually makes a bit of sense to me. I am disappointed however that you revealed a masonry, if in fact you are truly the masonry. But, keeping us from a mislynch is a price to pay I guess.

Riddle is still my target and I'm going to keep my vote on him for the time being, he seems a bit like flailing scum to me.

More to come tonight hopefully.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Mafia is technically IN MASON the entire time.

Trust me knowing the characters we both are, it's not hard to see we're both town.

Riddle is sowing doubt because he knows this is when we nab our first scum.

Riddle your whole argument is so dumb. Sure if we lynch we get "two confirmed townies" but one of them is dead.

Nice try though.
Not to be a debbie downer or anything, but I again bring you back to the problems with name-claiming. Tom and I have talked about how name claiming ruins a lot of the SWF games, so its not like he's ignorant of it, and I expect he did something to keep name claims from killing his game. And again, even if the game is completely following cannonity without a few switch ups or something, he could just be lying to you.

However, Riddle is still the best play IMO. Even tho I'm not sure that both of you are town, I'm not about to go lynching one if we have an alternative target of equal or greater scumminess, which we do.

Omni

BRoomer
@kevin: considering you are in a mason with omis and you "believe" you know his character are you still 100% certain he is town? how do you feel about a nameclaim (both you and omis)?

@chaco: please bring more to the table tonight. lynch date is tomorrow i believe.

anyone who is town needs to speak the **** up more often. so much suspicion on certain people just because they hardly contribute and when they do it isn't much or its a parrot. this was basically the read i got on Omis.

it is really hard to believe that if kevin has been in a mason with Omis this entire time that he would allow Omis to play so badly. altho if Omis has been playing as lazily as Kevin says he has then that's more understandable. a re-read showed me that Kevin never really concentrated much on Omis and vice versa during d1 and d2 scenarios.

Omni

BRoomer
1. Omis
2. Junglefever
3. Frozenflame
4. Marshy
5. Mentos
6. Rockin
7. Chill
8. Omni
9. Ronike
10. Riddle
11. Chaco
12. Handorin
13. KevinM

(for my own reference)

Riddle

Smash Lord
I honestly believe that everybody contributing to the discussion right now is town. FMPOV all this discussion is accomplishing is a chance to let the scum slide by. Right now my number 1 suspicion is Handorin for a number of reasons:

1. He voted me with no reasoning which makes it seem he was just going for what he felt was the best lynch.

2. He hasn't been contributing much all game.

Handorin said:

Kevin is right that mafia are "in mason" the whole time. Recruiters are something different because there is some condition. (ie. Yakuza sacrifices himself, or in HP mafia, one mafia had to be dead already).

Generally Cults can recruit anyone, including mafia. Mafia then have one less member and usually cant contact the others. They are a bit different.

3. He has been raising activity lately but only with posts like this about game mechanics of mafia and when he actually posts about the game at hand he simply says he is confident about his vote on me with no reasoning.

These reasons would be enough for me to vote Handorin in normal circumstances, however I do not think I am going to get a Handorin lynch going before deadline and my only real chance is Omis. I'd like you guys to take this into account though.

@ Chaco

I don't get why you think that only scum get's defensive when they are about to get lynched. Townies try to avoid being lynched as much as scum does. Saying I seem like 'flailing scum' is meaningless and is not a reason to vote someone.

Just think about this, who has contributed to the game and who has not, and why are we lynching the people who do and just happen to make some mistakes? I was much more likely to make a scummy mistake as Handorin, because I have actually been posting. I think the biggest scum-tell is the avoidance of mistakes not the accidental comittal of them.

Omni

BRoomer
so you want us to weigh:

your mistakes vs. hando's lack of contribution and coasting

i think i can relate to you now. firstly, i believe if u were scum that your mafia crew would have you "confirm" a post before posting it after slipping up the first few times. i read back and i havent seen too much support on your cause except for mentos. this is bad for you because killing you now may help us find a link between u and mentos altho mentos has taken the benefit for my case as well so he could possibly be reading into it like anyone would.

i do agree that i have a feeling we're arguing with each other and scum is nudging.

there is always a chance that kevin and/or omis is scum now that we know about the mason (if this is true). i wouldnt feel too comfortable lynching either of these two at this point.

then there's you. to be honest, im not very comfortable with lynching you anymore either because of players like Hando that squeak through D1 and D2 scotch free.

i guess the only true lynch that i'm 100% comfortable with at this point is Hando.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, there's a difference between flailing townie and flailing scum. Flailing scum, imho, try to push off the heat onto someone else instead of properly defending themselves. Continuously you pass off your mistakes. And also, since you suggested it, my vote is not on you because I think you're flailing scum. It's on you because you were avoiding mounting a defense a while back, which falls into my categorization of flailing scum. As you were trying to get heat elsewhere. BUT on the other hand, I do know your situation. In TNM, I did a similar thing by trying to push off my defense into a shotty case on Macman and I was town. As was Macman.

Now, you say a better options would be Omis or Hando. Why suggest lynching someone who was claimed to be in a masonry? I saw for information by someone earlier, and that's just dumb. Even if they are lying, lynching them this early on a claimed masonry is bad town decision. And a bad decision such as that pretty much screams self-preservation instead of ****ing town by causing them to essentially lose the masonry since it's only a 2 man, or Kevin says so.

Then, Hando. Honestly, Hando is playing like this in every game right now. I seriously doubt that he's scum in everyone of them, however, I will agree that he needs to get the lead out. I can't talk much though as I am increasingly busy myself. Anyways, I do not feel we should look at Hando towards a Hando lynch this late in the day though. Pushing a lynch on another player in less than 24 hours is ill advised, also you've been on the chopping block nearly this whole day and I have yet to see you off of it. Which kind of says to me, if you haven't presented an adequate enough defense by now you're not going to.

Also, please note the differences between active lurking, and being busy.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Well, there's a difference between flailing townie and flailing scum. Flailing scum, imho, try to push off the heat onto someone else instead of properly defending themselves. Continuously you pass off your mistakes. And also, since you suggested it, my vote is not on you because I think you're flailing scum. It's on you because you were avoiding mounting a defense a while back, which falls into my categorization of flailing scum. As you were trying to get heat elsewhere. BUT on the other hand, I do know your situation. In TNM, I did a similar thing by trying to push off my defense into a shotty case on Macman and I was town. As was Macman.
I have presented defenses of myself in several places, read through the thread. I responded to KEvin's post and several other people's Please don't skim

Chaco said:
Now, you say a better options would be Omis or Hando. Why suggest lynching someone who was claimed to be in a masonry? I saw for information by someone earlier, and that's just dumb. Even if they are lying, lynching them this early on a claimed masonry is bad town decision. And a bad decision such as that pretty much screams self-preservation instead of ****ing town by causing them to essentially lose the masonry since it's only a 2 man, or Kevin says so.
I was not aware of the fact that it was a non-recruiting masonry as I have only ever played with the recruiting kind. However, masonrys are actually a bad thing for town if one of them is mafia as I suspect Omis might well be. An Omis lynch would give us a information about Kevin as well. However, Omis is not my primary lynch target, but I don't think a 24 hour lynch is a good idea.

Chaco said:
Then, Hando. Honestly, Hando is playing like this in every game right now. I seriously doubt that he's scum in everyone of them, however, I will agree that he needs to get the lead out. I can't talk much though as I am increasingly busy myself. Anyways, I do not feel we should look at Hando towards a Hando lynch this late in the day though. Pushing a lynch on another player in less than 24 hours is ill advised, also you've been on the chopping block nearly this whole day and I have yet to see you off of it. Which kind of says to me, if you haven't presented an adequate enough defense by now you're not going to.

Also, please note the differences between active lurking, and being busy.
Rule #1 :-P.

On a more serious note, I am not looking for a Hando lynch toDay. However, I think he is a very good candidate for tomorrow and that we should seriously scrutinize him. I still don't see where you are getting the idea that I haven't defended myself. Seriously read the last couple of pages. The 'you are not defending yourself' accusation makes no sense right now as you would realize if you weren't skimming.

Hando is most definitely active lurking. He has had 4 posts since the deadline and none of them have had any content. Before that he posted some, but again with no reasoning behind his votes or anything like that. This is very scummy. If you are referring to yourself than I completely agree. I do not find you suspicious at all except for your skimming.

tl;dr don't expect me to take your accusations seriously if you fail to read the whole thread.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've read the whole thread, your defense was just **** and pushing accusations on other. Don't make accusations you aren't sure of.

Non recruiting masonry was the original type, and is the most commonly used. On SWF though it seems that Mason Leader(Recruiter) is more common than standard masonrys. Also, you're saying that there is scum in the masonry with an assured attitude. I don't like that in the slightest. And still you continue to push a lynch on a claimed mason, just to get information. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, why would you lynch someone for information when we have someone who is more than likely scum(you)?

I'm not skimming really, I've read it all. I just find you consistently posting the same "My excuses are excusable" junk. I'll re-read though, just for you. Anyways, how are you sure Hando is actively lurking? IIRC, he works 50 hour weeks. Active lurking is when you are reading the thread atleast, I do not believe he is. That's just what I get from past games and current games when Hando disappears for a while.

tl'dr Don't lynch a claimed mason.

Also, for Pokemon humor:

Riddle used Flail!

Omni

BRoomer
Anyways, how are you sure Hando is actively lurking? IIRC, he works 50 hour weeks. Active lurking is when you are reading the thread atleast, I do not believe he is.
i think you're skimming as well due to this comment.

just search Hando and look at his content. you won't find any.

the difference between you and hando is that you come in and post content. hando comes in and does not.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I've read the whole thread, your defense was just **** and pushing accusations on other. Don't make accusations you aren't sure of.
This post comes to mind. And wtf does 'don't make accusations that you are not sure of' even mean? You only want me to make accusations if I know someone is scum? That makes no sense at all.

Chaco said:
Non recruiting masonry was the original type, and is the most commonly used. On SWF though it seems that Mason Leader(Recruiter) is more common than standard masonrys. Also, you're saying that there is scum in the masonry with an assured attitude. I don't like that in the slightest. And still you continue to push a lynch on a claimed mason, just to get information. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, why would you lynch someone for information when we have someone who is more than likely scum(you)?
The only time I have been in a game with masons is on epicmafia and all masons on epicmafia are recruiting. There are only two people who have a chance at all of being lynched today; Omis and me. Of course I am going to try to get a person who I suspect is scum over someone (me) who I know is not scum. More skimming on your part here too. I will say this again. I DO NOT WANT TO LYNCH OMIS FOR INFORMATION. I HIGHLY SUSPECT HE IS SCUM!

This is the main reason for me lynching Omis not to gain information and I have stated this multiple times.

Chaco said:
I'm not skimming really, I've read it all. I just find you consistently posting the same "My excuses are excusable" junk. I'll re-read though, just for you. Anyways, how are you sure Hando is actively lurking? IIRC, he works 50 hour weeks. Active lurking is when you are reading the thread atleast, I do not believe he is. That's just what I get from past games and current games when Hando disappears for a while.
Hando is on enough to post 4 times since the last vote count. That is enough time to make at least one good post.

Chaco said:
tl'dr Don't lynch a claimed mason.

Also, for Pokemon humor:

Riddle used Flail!
Chaco used Flail

Omis

my friends were skinny
Confirming that I am in a mason with KevinM. Closed mason and has been from day 1. Weve mostly kept separate as our schedules dont seem to mesh well and allow much talking. Sorry for being weak the majority of this game. High school and marching band has kicked my ***. No johns though.

@Riddle
In one or two sectances explain why I am scummy. You keep saying you believe I am but Im hard pressed to find your thesis statement on what makes me scum. Why have you become so much more frantic after Kevin claimed.

@Hando
WHY DO YOU THINK I AM SCUMMY! SAY SOMETHING FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Riddle, This. Is. Not. Epic. Mafia. This is forum based mafia. On Mafia Scum the more common, and original, masons are pre-set. Quite a few of the people here make them Recruiters in game because they came from an Epic Mafia background. Tom, plays on Mafia Scum. Connect two and two together. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.

I'm down for your lynch. I don't know why in your right mind you'd want to lynch a claimed mason on the day he claimed. Real or not.That is beyone ill advised, and pushing for it makes you look like dumb scum.

Also, I'm with Omis: Explain why you think he's scummy. All I'm seeing is stuff about masons only recruiting. <.<

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, after reading through the past couple pages, I do believe Kevin's claim at the moment. One thing I would like to respond to is Omni saying I have "supported Riddle's cause." You do realize I called him out for his mistakes, and have had my vote on him pretty well since mid day 1 when I started suspecting him, so I'm not sure how I'm doing so.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I am reading the thread. I was a bit more active in Megamafia, but my activity there dropped because of work, then I got lazy. And then this game started about the same time.

Rule #1

On EM, there are closed masonries, except they aren't called masons. It's just a group of the same night roles (ie. cop), so often people will use naive cops to simulate this, except now a days 99% of the players are too dense to realize this. (Just to clear that up)

Omis- I don't anymore, which is why my vote is not on you.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Would you press 'up' please?”

21th Vote Count
Omis (4): Frozenflame, Riddle, Rockin, Marshy
Riddle (4): Mentosman, KevinM, Chaco, Ronike

Not voting (5): Omis, Omni, Chill, Handorin, Junglefever

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 27. Less than 24 hours.

Chaco is V/LA, but it has been 72+ hours, so he has been prodded.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ugh... So many false assumptions... Can't take it!

WHile masons cant recruit mafia. A Mod can start the game with a mafia member and a townie in mason together. And make them lovers

Not saying that this is the case here. Just sayin.
Riddle, This. Is. Not. Epic. Mafia. This is forum based mafia. On Mafia Scum the more common, and original, masons are pre-set. Quite a few of the people here make them Recruiters in game because they came from an Epic Mafia background. Tom, plays on Mafia Scum. Connect two and two together. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.
A) Enough with the recruiting masons!
B) Chaco, I have only ever been in one game where there was a recruiting mason: FE mafia. Every other game, its been a recruiting indy, which is really quite different from recruiting mason...
C) Hando plays epic too. The masons in TLI were relatively normal. Don't mean a thing.

I haven't been able to pick up a read on Hando all game *shrugs*.

If we lynched riddle and he flipped town and you went straight after me, I would laugh so hard.

Honestly I'd hate to break it to you guys but SCUM IS WINNING. They don't need to take chances right now.

We do.

I wouldn't reveal so early if I didn't think we needed to win this game fast.

We lost a cop already, that's our main investigative role. We're behind face it we need to scum hunt not try and play the

"if this flips then CERTAINLY"

I think a majority of you have yet to FULLY understand this game. It's not black and white, it's not simple. Things aren't easy to break.

Omni you don't notice but when you play this game, you try and "break" the game. You think that lynching one person makes the next day's play easy.

Unfortunately that only makes you a liability.

Mafia doesn't have to gamble here, we do.
First off, I'd like to note the majority of the post is spot on and for god's sakes people look at it.

However, my problem is the first sentence. That is far from shrug worthy. The reason why you haven't gotten a read is because he basically hasn't been posting, which itself is a read. Scum do it whenever possible to escape scrutiny, and Hando's just taken it a step further by making crap posts every once and a while to seem active.

I am reading the thread. I was a bit more active in Megamafia, but my activity there dropped because of work, then I got lazy. And then this game started about the same time.

Rule #1

On EM, there are closed masonries, except they aren't called masons. It's just a group of the same night roles (ie. cop), so often people will use naive cops to simulate this, except now a days 99% of the players are too dense to realize this. (Just to clear that up)
These are your few of your more recent post. Without actually reading them, it looks like you have started to post more, but closer inspection reveals one to be what could well be copy/pasted from a wikia somewhere, and the second is mostly johns and non-game material. Strange how that happens after you start getting scrutinized for not posting much at all...

Sarcasm aside tho, were I scum, this is exactly what I would do. Shove aside any useful information, while posting as little as I need to to seem active, with enough physical content to seem like I'm contributing should someone do a readthrough.

And quite frankly, I (as well as others I'm sure) am fed up to hell with your johns. Play well like I know you can, or get a **** replacement already. You should know how much involvement these take, and if you couldn't take it, you shouldn't have signed up.

Plus, regardless of how Omis flips it gives us a ton of information about Kevin. If Omis flips town we basically just confirmed two townies. Kevin and his masoned buddy. Two confirmed townies is a very large asset for town and might even outweigh the lynching of a mason. Kevin if you jump on this and say "look he awnts to lynch confirmed town" I'm going to be :mad:, my only point here is that an Omis lynch could actually help if it is a mislynch and will most definitely help if Omis is scum.
No. One will be dead, so we will have one not even confirmed townie (keep in mind traitor masons), and a dead likely townie. And don't give us crap like "Oh, I thought you said you had a three man mason!"

A) Have you ever heard of a three man closed mason in a game this small?
B) Did Kevin even ever say the number 3 or mention anyone else in the mafia? No.

Stop being unhelpful or die. Most likely tho, the latter.

I can't see how Riddle is this thickheaded unless he's honestly worried about what he's going to flip, can't you guys see the difference in play styles here. You guys say that he was probably just making newbie mistakes, but can any of you honestly say that if you saw a masonry turn up, your first though would be to lynch one of the TOWN aligned masons and take them out.
Why isn't anyone paying attention to this? In fact, honestly, why isn't Riddle at least at L-1 by now? I mean seriously, this itself is lynch worthy IMO, but combined with his previous mistakes? Pay attention people!

Why are you guys putting so much trust in Kevin? A lot of you seem to follow him mindlessly. There is no doubt that Kevin is a strong player, however that also applies to KevinScum. Please don't lose this by following Kevin like sheep.
Um, not many people are putting blind trust in Kevin, but honestly he hasn't given us any reason NOT to trust him. Whereas you have, and this just seems like the your trying to play hot potato with being lynched. Ain't workin pal.

Your yet again fail to see my point even though right in my post why I want to lynch Omis. I'll make it bigger so you can see it.

I WANT TO LYNCH OMIS, BECAUSE I THINK HE IS LIKELY TO BE SCUM!!!

The confirmed townie argument only applied to a town Omis which I highly doubt at this point. It is NOT the main reason I want to vote Omis (look in the big font for that).
Oh, I see! You want to lynch him because you think he is scum! Oh...

WHY DO YOU THINK HE IS SCUM?!

Has it ever occurred to you that townies try to avoid looking scummy and try to avoid getting lynched just like scum do? I want to avoid a town mislynch on me and go for the person who, FMPOV, has a good chance of being scum.
Nice hidden manipulation. At any rate, yeah, townies avoid being scummy and avoid lynches, however, they generally don't try to do stuff that is as scummy as what you have done this game. Lets recap, shall we?

A) Asking for a vote count on Omni immediately after he claimed, with the intention of putting his vote on him. Either skimming or scum
B) Asking Scumni (seriously man, just change your name already) whether he used his power or not
C) Wanting to lynch a mason for base reasons that were false.

Completely different from trying to not seem scummy (see Hando for that)

Seriously, why isn't he lynched yet?

Kevin's entire case against me is based on a false premise, scum aren't the only players who try to avoid getting lynched and try to avoid looking scummy. Most of his points against me are saying that I am trying too hard to avoid being connected with a lynch and things like that. However, when I am townie I in fact also try to not be associated with a townie lynch believe it or not.
The thing is, if you were scum, you would know a townie lynch was infact a townie lynch, and would thus try harder to stay off it. Hence Kevin's point. Nice try tho.

so you want us to weigh:

your mistakes vs. hando's lack of contribution and coasting

i think i can relate to you now. firstly, i believe if u were scum that your mafia crew would have you "confirm" a post before posting it after slipping up the first few times. i read back and i havent seen too much support on your cause except for mentos. this is bad for you because killing you now may help us find a link between u and mentos altho mentos has taken the benefit for my case as well so he could possibly be reading into it like anyone would.
So let me just make sure I've got this right. We shouldn't lynch him because no one defended himself on stupid posts? Dude, its not like scum examines every post, thats how the stupid stuff gets through. And if they do something so stupid, like asking 1 time doc if they used their power.., scum really can't defend their partner without both being ousted as scum. And second, you DO want to lynch Riddle because that will give us info on mentos? Straighten your argument out.

i do agree that i have a feeling we're arguing with each other and scum is nudging.

there is always a chance that kevin and/or omis is scum now that we know about the mason (if this is true). i wouldnt feel too comfortable lynching either of these two at this point.

then there's you. to be honest, im not very comfortable with lynching you anymore either because of players like Hando that squeak through D1 and D2 scotch free.

i guess the only true lynch that i'm 100% comfortable with at this point is Hando.
The rest of this screams at me "I'm trying to get rid of clear claims, while seeming like I am trying to create them!" I mean honestly: "Kev or Omis could be scum, but I don't wanna lynch them"? Really?

Just because he always plays like this, doesn't mean we can simply disregard it! I mean honestly, what if Omni, or Riddle did this same thing? They would be dead already. Know why?

Everyone is out to lynch the noobs. This needs to stop!

Yes I realize our experienced players are a great help if they are town, but what if they aren't? Then we hand mafia a free lynch or two simply because we don't want to lose a potential asset. News flash! New players become good ones if you let them! Which we aren't! We all need to stop judging people just because it is one of their first games, or in this case because it isn't. It's just become ridiculous.

Sorry its a bit disorganized... Too tried to organize it at this point...

Chaco

Never Logs In
B) I can think of Spidey, FE, and I think Mafia Milkyway off of the top of my head, Ronike. It's more common here, I think.
C) Only said it's what they are accustomed to, meaning they are more prone to use it. Doesn't mean they are going to though.

I didn't say disregard Hando, Ronike. I'm just saying, he normally plays like this. Let's not lynch him just because of that. That's what I was saying.

Omni

BRoomer
And second, you DO want to lynch Riddle because that will give us info on mentos? Straighten your argument out.
wrong. i pointed out that Mentos did make a connection with Riddle, however, I also pointed out that his claim was legit.

The rest of this screams at me "I'm trying to get rid of clear claims, while seeming like I am trying to create them!" I mean honestly: "Kev or Omis could be scum, but I don't wanna lynch them"? Really?
what are you talking about? you have a knack at misinterpreting what is actually being said. i originally believed that omis was coasting scum. if for whatever reason omis dies and flips scum then i am implying that him and kevin would be paired scum.

so yes they could be scum because i'm not taking out the possibility the claim could be false. i am leaning more on believing Kevin's claim which is rough because without that claim i still think omis is the play

i can tell that you're tired in this post. it's a bit sloppy.

Omni

BRoomer
I didn't say disregard Hando, Ronike. I'm just saying, he normally plays like this. Let's not lynch him just because of that. That's what I was saying.
i have an issue with this and Kevin shrugging at Hando's inactivity.

in D1 i was able to get Hando to talk more often by pointing him out on a fallacy in his logic. he was coasting at that point in the game. however, no one else really cared to pay him any mind and tunneled onto gheb/blazer.

now it's near the end of D2 and Hando's play hasn't changed and no one applying any kind of pressure on him to talk. you can't brush off hando's coasting as "he normally plays like this" because it still it what it is. coasting as town and not putting any input in the game is anti-town and coasting as scum while avoiding making mistakes and placing empty votes is also anti-town. no matter how you look at hando's play it is completely unhelpful.

Handorin

Smash Hero
What would baby jesus do?

Obviously, not this, but I like his style =D

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The problem with Hando is, right now he may be playing anti-town but it's a gamble. I'd rather take out a scum then gamble on Hando the next day if I feel I can make a case against him.

However right now I can't make a post all day, my cousin has a wedding. Ball is in your court fellow townies, do with it as you will.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Just because youa re in mason doesn't mean the other person you are mason with is town.
yep. omis can still die
Also, you're saying that there is scum in the masonry with an assured attitude. I don't like that in the slightest. And still you continue to push a lynch on a claimed mason, just to get information. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, why would you lynch someone for information when we have someone who is more than likely scum(you)?
assured attitude isn't scummy. what does that last question even mean? you expect riddle to say "yeah go head and lynch me guys"? stop pseudo scumhunting
riddle's scummy for having an assured attitude but you tell him to be confident in his accusations

fos chaco

i'll vote riddle if omis wagon doesn't get any love by the end of today

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Marshy, I am making you a guarantee that I know we're town, our roles coincide, our characters coincide, there is NO way I can see him being mafia. It would be stupid for Tom to have added that with how it works.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Marshy, I meant about me reading the thread. He wasn't sure of that, see what I mean now?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Ugh... So many false assumptions... Can't take it!

A) Enough with the recruiting masons!
B) Chaco, I have only ever been in one game where there was a recruiting mason: FE mafia. Every other game, its been a recruiting indy, which is really quite different from recruiting mason...
C) Hando plays epic too. The masons in TLI were relatively normal. Don't mean a thing.
A) It was the only mason I even knew about. That is different now though.
B and C don't apply to me.

Ronike said:
First off, I'd like to note the majority of the post is spot on and for god's sakes people look at it.

However, my problem is the first sentence. That is far from shrug worthy. The reason why you haven't gotten a read is because he basically hasn't been posting, which itself is a read. Scum do it whenever possible to escape scrutiny, and Hando's just taken it a step further by making crap posts every once and a while to seem active.
I completely agree with this and think Hando is the most scummy player right now.

Ronike said:
These are your few of your more recent post. Without actually reading them, it looks like you have started to post more, but closer inspection reveals one to be what could well be copy/pasted from a wikia somewhere, and the second is mostly johns and non-game material. Strange how that happens after you start getting scrutinized for not posting much at all...

Sarcasm aside tho, were I scum, this is exactly what I would do. Shove aside any useful information, while posting as little as I need to to seem active, with enough physical content to seem like I'm contributing should someone do a readthrough.

And quite frankly, I (as well as others I'm sure) am fed up to hell with your johns. Play well like I know you can, or get a **** replacement already. You should know how much involvement these take, and if you couldn't take it, you shouldn't have signed up.
Also agreeing.

No. One will be dead, so we will have one not even confirmed townie (keep in mind traitor masons), and a dead likely townie. And don't give us crap like "Oh, I thought you said you had a three man mason!"

A) Have you ever heard of a three man closed mason in a game this small?
B) Did Kevin even ever say the number 3 or mention anyone else in the mafia? No.[/quote]

A) I've never heard of a closed mason ever.
KevinM said:
However my partners made poor plays that's for sure and it honestly doesn't seem like he has the intention of making a full 100 percent effort in this game.
B) This is what made me think there were three. I see now he meant my partner has or something like that. It looked plural to me at the time though.

Ronike said:
Stop being unhelpful or die. Most likely tho, the latter.
I feel that I have been a whole lot more helpful than Omis or Handorin and people like that. I'm actually trying to help you guys for tomorrow.

Ronike said:
Why isn't anyone paying attention to this? In fact, honestly, why isn't Riddle at least at L-1 by now? I mean seriously, this itself is lynch worthy IMO, but combined with his previous mistakes? Pay attention people!
There are only two people who have even a chance of being lynched toDay, Omis and me. I know for a fact that I am not mafia, however From my point of view Omis very well might be. Therefore, I have to go for Omis if I don't want town to lynch me. I would much rathre lynch Hando, but I really don't see that going anywhere.

Ronike said:
Um, not many people are putting blind trust in Kevin, but honestly he hasn't given us any reason NOT to trust him. Whereas you have, and this just seems like the your trying to play hot potato with being lynched. Ain't workin pal.
This was in reference to Hando and people like that who followed without giving any reasons at all. In fact HAndo specifically said he was 'above reasoning'. Blindly following someone who is not completely clear is very dumb in mafia. It doesn't matter if they haven't given any reason to distrust them, that doesn't clear them.

Ronike said:
Oh, I see! You want to lynch him because you think he is scum! Oh...

WHY DO YOU THINK HE IS SCUM?!
Coasting, speculation on the McFox lynch. More coasting, he had to have someone else claim for him. Very little defense. He is only active when a bandwagon starts. Even more coasting. HE has now disappeared since the case on me came up. You get the point.

Ronike said:
Nice hidden manipulation. At any rate, yeah, townies avoid being scummy and avoid lynches, however, they generally don't try to do stuff that is as scummy as what you have done this game. Lets recap, shall we?

A) Asking for a vote count on Omni immediately after he claimed, with the intention of putting his vote on him. Either skimming or scum
B) Asking Scumni (seriously man, just change your name already) whether he used his power or not
C) Wanting to lynch a mason for base reasons that were false.
The first paragraph means nothing at all. Of course townies don't try to do blatantly scummy stuff, but scum obviously don't either.

A) I fully admit to skimming at that point.
B) I've responded to this a number of times, however all I can give you is WIFOM.
C) I want to lynch a CLAIMED mason, because he seems scummy to me. Are you saying lynching scummy people is a false reason?

ronike said:
Completely different from trying to not seem scummy (see Hando for that)
Hando isn't trying to avoid being scummy, he is trying to avoid making mistakes.

Ronike said:
Seriously, why isn't he lynched yet?
I guess people don't find me scummy enough. Now that you have given permission scum will probably come in and hammer me if they aren't on me already.

Ronike said:
The thing is, if you were scum, you would know a townie lynch was infact a townie lynch, and would thus try harder to stay off it. Hence Kevin's point. Nice try tho.
Most people who are lynched on early days are townie. I'm not defending my behavior I'm giving you the reason for it, and the reason isn't because I am scum.

Ronike said:
So let me just make sure I've got this right. We shouldn't lynch him because no one defended himself on stupid posts? Dude, its not like scum examines every post, thats how the stupid stuff gets through. And if they do something so stupid, like asking 1 time doc if they used their power.., scum really can't defend their partner without both being ousted as scum. And second, you DO want to lynch Riddle because that will give us info on mentos? Straighten your argument out.
His point was that after the first post that scum would read over all of my post before I posted them so I wouldn't make other mistakes like the asking Omni about his power one.

Ronike said:
Just because he always plays like this, doesn't mean we can simply disregard it! I mean honestly, what if Omni, or Riddle did this same thing? They would be dead already. Know why?

Everyone is out to lynch the noobs. This needs to stop!
Agreed, here's my lynch philosophy: If newbs act scummy, then lynch them. If experienced players act scummy, then lynch them.

Ronike said:
Yes I realize our experienced players are a great help if they are town, but what if they aren't? Then we hand mafia a free lynch or two simply because we don't want to lose a potential asset. News flash! New players become good ones if you let them! Which we aren't! We all need to stop judging people just because it is one of their first games, or in this case because it isn't. It's just become ridiculous.
This is how I feel about KEvin. People seem so convinced that they need to keep him, because he is such a good player. However, Kevin is also a good scum player and I fell he needs to be scrutinized more not less.

I honestly feel a Hando lynch is our best option at this point he is active lurking WAY TOO MUCH. I am thoroughly convinced that everyone actually talking is town and the scum are the coasters.

If I die, please lynch Hando tomorrow. I would vote him now but that would ensure my lynch.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Riddle, he very well could have a third mason in the closed masonry. Don't speculate it. Does it mean he does? No. Does it mean he doesn't? No. Do we need to talk about it, seeing as how it is irrelevant at this time? No. I hate, hate, hate when people speculate into roles like that. Not saying you're doing it a lot, but you are a bit.

And I do agree with your "philosophy". The way Kevin played on D1 was rivaling just that. He was bent on making a stronger "D2 Lynch Team" . He has changed it up a bit, and I'm glad he isn't doing it as much. However, I do believe people are on you because they think you are scum. Not just because you're new.

Also, I feel Hando is purposely playing like that. Best advice is to just ignore him for now, I'm feeling a bit of "Indyana Jones" vibe from him again.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The thread is now locked. A Day event has taken place, but the flavor is pre-written and on my desktop at my apartment. Day 2 has not ended.

Do not post. After the Day event, the deadline will be extended by 5 days. I will re-open the thread tomorrow (approx 24 hours) with the flavor.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

Taken aback by the quick death of a knowledgeable and experienced ally, the group nevertheless dedicated themselves to hunting those responsible for not only his death, but also the gradual death of the planet. They argued over who was to blame, drawing conclusions from relationships they had formed and patterns they had noticed.

Clouds began to gather as the day lengthened. None of those gathered outside the iron city noticed the overcast sky except the one who had summoned it. Suddenly, the entire horizon was shrouded in a dark gray, a familiar shroud of darkness.

He found it hard to believe that some of the pitiful people around him could feign such emotion, could maintain such a façade of importance. None of them mattered. Nothing they could do would ever be enough. They had no meaning. Under different circumstances, they would never even have existed.

“Only death awaits you all, but do not fear. For it is through death that a new spirit energy is born.”

The legendary SOLDIER, drawing his signature katana from his side, took a single step forward. In the blink of an eye, he stood on the opposite side of the group, his weapon now thrust into his wide-eyed opponent. Sephiroth remorselessly removed his blade in silence, and slashed it through the air. Blood scattered from the blade, dripping nourishment onto the barren earth.

Tifa was dying before she even knew she was in danger. She crossed her forearms on her chest instinctively, quickly to block an attack that had already happened. In all her strength and drive, she had nothing in her arsenal that could match the heightened abilities of a monster like Sephiroth. She fell to her knees, gripping the granite dust that made up the outskirts of Midgar.

“You can't believe you... You took everything from me... but you can't stop us. AVALANCHE will live on."

“You are half right," Sephiroth smirked. "I will take back this planet, and soon, you will live again as a part of me.”

KevinM, Tifa Lockhart (town masoned roleblocker), has been daykilled.

Day 2 continues. Vote count has been reset.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
The deadline has been moved to midnight (12:01 AM) EST on October 3rd.

Handorin

Smash Hero
First of all, I never said I was above reasoning. I just said I don't feel like actually posting them. There is a difference.

So

Vote: Riddle

I also find it amusing that people keep saying the would lynch me, but we can't get enough support fast enough when in reality there is almost enough as it is.

Riddle

Smash Lord
We completely have enough time to lynch HAndo now. Hando you are not contributing to town play at all. You have been coasting at all, joining almost every bandwagon sometimes without any reason at all and coasting heavily. You made several posts about game mecahnics back before the daykill but you made absolutely none about the game whatsoever. You are majorly scummy for coasting and you are a huge detriment to town.

Vote: Hando

I had a huge post written but then Tom locked the thread and ninja'd me. It was about lynching Omis but Kevin's death and our considerable extra time have made things change. I no longer want to see Omis lynched and would much prefer to lynch Hando at this point. If you guys want to see it than I will post it, however much of it no longer applies.

Ahdno can't be allowed to live. I know I have made some scummy mistakes but I have at least been of some help to town. All HAndo has done however is coast and contribute absolutely nothing. And join every bandwagon as well.

Top Bottom