• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
False alarm. I was on my iPhone when I noticed this:

but it doesn't make sense. you suggested that i killed mcfox because he was inactive despite inactives being good for scum. only person i know who nks inactives solely because they're inactive is tom
Thought it was just Marshy making a slip-up on character. When I got home I looked back at Omis' posts to make sure I wasn't overlooking something which I was.

McFox was killed because the scum hates inactives. I thought that would be obvious. He was leaving so scum killed him so they wouldnt have to deal with him. Id go for Marsh as scum because he has been pretty weak and he fits the boot perfectly of a inactive hater.
So again, false alarm. Sorry about that.

However going back over Omis' posts just makes him look more and more scummier. Placing him and Riddle in the same boat, it is interesting that Omis' doesn't make any kind of effort to defend himself. I think he is the best candidate for toDay.

Vote: Hando

Is what I would do if I weren't voteblocked.

Question: Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind voteblocking? I understand it removes the power of a Townie to vote, and yet, at the same time can be seen as a tool to take away distraction from scum player. Is the whole thing WIFOM?

I'm also wondering why I was targeted.
Because Ronike is being a lazy butt.

Does anyone else have anything else to add before the day is over?

Ronike

Smash Ace
I saw that. I still would like you to vote someone else, just to make sure.

Omni

BRoomer
No, Ronike.

What are you scheming exactly?

fos: Ronike

Omni

BRoomer
Omni why are you being blatantly unhelpful for town again?
i don't support silly request. what is more unhelpful is someone asking to confirm something that has already been confirmed. since it has been confirmed i'd rather not do anything excessive to excite any unknown or unforseeable consequences.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Omis, do you think you might be close enough to lynch to claim? I don't want to have another Gheb. But it doesn't look like anyone is backing down soon. And honestly, I'll probably vote for you as well if I can't find another good canidate.
I dont think so yet. If I see more people coming at me and if these votes stay for a longer period of time then I would go with it. What is your stance on Riddle and Omis? I havent seen you saying very much lately.
I don't feel the need to post my reasons.
No one is above posting reasons. I cant think of any time where it owuld benefit anyone but scum to vote without reason. That just adds to the tally and leaves people confused on motifs if said person does get lynched the next time. So I reitterate, why are you voting for me
Um, Rockin? 3/5 of the people voting for Omis are either voting for that reason, or no logically explained reason. At the very least, 3/5 votes are on there because people in this game thus far have been too lazy to actually look for scum and just vote the first person they see that someone else claims is scum. If you actually go back, you see Riddle is way scummier than Omis, AND the "town" really hasn't given reason to go after Omis. So yeah.
THIS. Omni keeps on saying that twon has already decided on me, why cant we just kill me already, blah blah blah when it quite obviously is not true. If those things were true day three would be going on. It seems like people just want to further their image as town by just jumping on with me. If questioned the next day they could just pull the "town wanted it" card and be left off clean. The general aura is that people want me dead when it reality not everyone has putt in an opinion on it and the other reason why it seems like that is because of the current plurality. The most obnoxiously loudspoken players seem to be against me which gives the aura of town being against me when it is just Omni being unconstructive and a horrible player.
Yeah, uhm.

Omis needs to die. He wasn't -just- inactive. His post coming into D2 were all fluff. He hasn't said anything of substance. He doesn't contribute. He's been coasting the majority of the game. A few of us forgot he was even in the game.

Riddle can die tomorrow unless events that lead up to that change.
Im sorry if my opinions arent valid enough for you. Would it be better if I imatated you and just pranced around say x y and z need to die without actually posting much of substance against them? Explain yourself more and maybe people wont just shrug you off as an annopyance.
Omis has been fairly inactive on D1, so most of the case is really focusing on D2. In D1, he was mainly insecure on Omni and his doc claim, and also shared his concerns with Blazer.

Now, notice in the first paragraph that he shares NO concerns or regrets for lynching a townie even though that it's POSSIBLE to lynch a mafia member on D1. (Ronike's game, for example). >>

But the problem is can you really feel that bad? We had no other serious leads, the day was coming to a close, and he more or less gave himself up with open arms and accepted his lynching. We may have done it once or twice but it rarely happens. A townie dying D1 is as common as the sky and isnt too big a deal. Sure I wish mafia would have died but that didnt happen

Then there's the next paragraph here, which bugs me. He didn't just gussed it. he -assumed-/soft confirmed it. I didn't like this at all. In my Milkyway Mafia game, Tom was a indie there and one player that was playing was Matunas. About halfway, Matunas wasn't active at all. It turns out that he had stuff to do and that he'll be posting a lot less (if any at all). Tom took this opportunity to Night Kill him, mainly cause he was inactive. Looking at McFox, I can't see any other way for mafia to kill him. It wasn't like Mcfox screamed instant townie. He was following on the Blazer lynch and I believe he kept it on there when Gheb came to replace.

Im really confused about what you are saying here. Are you agreeing with me or are you using this as an arguement against me? I dont see why Tom doing exactly what I described means Im wrong?

This is basically him defending himself after that horrid mistake he did. He knows well enough that there's other ways to pin people's death, whether you have a role or not. It's scumhunting, and it's the most popular thing on the block.

And what I did was scum hunting if inefective. I atleast TRIED to find out why McFox died. How many other people posted an opinion on why it happened? Maybe 2 or 3 most of those being the stereotypical "he was a strong player" which gets us no where. Even if my guess is wrong it at least leads us somewhere instead of just taking the death at face value like others seemed content to do.

I wanted to make this case bigger, but again, Omis has mainly been inactive on D1 with johns and prods. His only main target was Omni, who he once voted on and then unvote, speaking about how he feels on Omni's claim. Omis hasn't fully contributed with the discussion. He's been speaking his opinions, but only little of it.
you're not above posting reasons. at first i thought you were (scummily) hinting at an investigative role when you dodged reasoning but then you latch onto riddle as soon as kevin attacks him so you're either town who likes to act like he knows more than he really does or just a scumbag. just roll over and die

but it doesn't make sense. you suggested that i killed mcfox because he was inactive despite inactives being good for scum. only person i know who nks inactives solely because they're inactive is tom

But thats the thing. It has been done before. I dont know you well enough to decide if you would but I do know well enough that you hate townies enough to maybe be the type to do so. I was reaching for straws. I admit that.
you haven't voted for a single person all day 2

I dont normally throw votes around. And I dont like to vote when Im under pressure because everyone responds that Im trying to take attention away from myself

unvote omni vote omis
Yeah, okay.

Anyway, nobody hammer yet. I found something VERY interesting.
...Care to share with the rest of the class?
...did you bring enough for everybody?
lol I love school
No, Ronike.

What are you scheming exactly?

fos: Ronike
Where is the hurt in letting him test his theory or whatever he has?

Sprry for changing response formats midway through. It just kinda happened

Ronike

Smash Ace
What am I "scheming"? Nothing. However, we haven't seen a vote blocker in a while, so regardless of whether there is one or not, the fact that you could vote Hando like that shows me that either there is a voteblocker, or an equally strange role that prevents you from voting Hando. Plus, its not said in the flavor, and you are still listed as simply "not voting". I realize all of these things are long shots, however, since it can be 100% accurately tested with simply two words, where does the harm lie in testing it? Said harm doesn't exist. So just do it already.

Omis, you are either at L-1 or 2, so consider claiming before you go saying "Ima wait til there are more votes."

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd rather not and piss you off.

Why do you care? Marshy already establishes its Wifom. It only proves that Mafia has a voteblocker.

On iPhone btw.
I do kind of agree with Ronike in that unless theres a consequence for voting despite being blocked, it doesn't hurt you to do it just to ease the mind of a potential townie. More importantly anyway, you saying it only proves mafia has a voteblocker is semi interesting. What makes you so sure it's a mafia voteblocker and not a town sided one? Or even indie? Choice of wording stands out there.

Omni

BRoomer
What am I "scheming"? Nothing. However, we haven't seen a vote blocker in a while, so regardless of whether there is one or not, the fact that you could vote Hando like that shows me that either there is a voteblocker, or an equally strange role that prevents you from voting Hando. Plus, its not said in the flavor, and you are still listed as simply "not voting". I realize all of these things are long shots, however, since it can be 100% accurately tested with simply two words, where does the harm lie in testing it? Said harm doesn't exist. So just do it already.
fair enough. i don't mind complying as long as there's a solid reason behind it.

Vote: Ronike

I do kind of agree with Ronike in that unless theres a consequence for voting despite being blocked, it doesn't hurt you to do it just to ease the mind of a potential townie. More importantly anyway, you saying it only proves mafia has a voteblocker is semi interesting. What makes you so sure it's a mafia voteblocker and not a town sided one? Or even indie? Choice of wording stands out there.
the only blocker i've encountered in a mafia game is a roleblocker. Skyler was a roleblocker in Newbie Mafia with me as mafia. i automatically associated the term blocker with Mafia since i never knew Town or Indie could be blockers as well.

what do you think mentos? do you think my choice of wording should cast suspicion on me?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
You just gave a solid reason for it, so as it stands I'm going to write it off for now. I wanted to see your reasoning behind the choice of words(especially since I thought you were in spidey mafia which had a town voteblocker involved) more than anything else, and you gave me a solid one.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Think about it... Barret... How old was Marlene back then...? Even if I did go to her now... she wouldn't even know me... And what's more... Barret... These hands are a little too stained to carry Marlene anymore...

Dy-----ne!! ...Dyne. Me an' you were the same... My hands ain't any cleaner... I shouldn't be able to carry... Marlene either... Uuuurrrrrrgghh!!”

20th Vote Count
Omis (5): Junglefever, Frozenflame, Riddle, Rockin, Marshy
Riddle (4): Mentosman, KevinM, Chaco, Ronike

Not voting (4): Omis, Omni, Chill, Handorin

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 27. Less than 48 hours.

Chaco is V/LA, but it has been 72+ hours, so he has been prodded.

Handorin

Smash Hero
No one is above posting reasons. I cant think of any time where it owuld benefit anyone but scum to vote without reason. That just adds to the tally and leaves people confused on motifs if said person does get lynched the next time. So I reitterate, why are you voting for me
I'm not, silly.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Just because youa re in mason doesn't mean the other person you are mason with is town.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Quite simply, I'm in mason with him.
This actually makes me more confident of my vote. An Omis lynch would give us a good deal of information and this claim draws a very interesting connection between Kev and Omis.

Being a mason in no way shape or form clears Omis.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I can also assure you I KNOW that he is town.

Again I'm stating that we're in mason but withholding a lot of information because quite simply you don't need it.

Take me at my word, I've given you guys no reason to mistrust me.

Omni

BRoomer

Again I'm stating that we're in mason but withholding a lot of information because quite simply you don't need it.

what is a mason?

you know more than anyone that saying "take me at my word" doesn't account for anything. your statement just puts us in a huge WIFOM situation, kevin.

still, your claim does risk creating a connection with omis and it would be unfavorable for Mafia since we're probably not in lylo. this makes it hard to write it off and continue with an omis lynch.

if we do lynch Riddle and he flips town, based on the events that have occurred since Day 1 i think you are the play, Kevin. i can explain why if u dont see why but i dont think i need to.

Kevin, it is imperative that you assess your current situation. we can all agree that Riddle's attitude has been pretty strange but it isn't unreasonable to believe that they were all small mistakes.

lets say we don't lynch omis today (figuartively speaking). i think that turns the play over to Riddle and Hando. kevin, how do you feel about hando's play up to this point in relation to Riddle?

Omni

BRoomer
fyi for everyone else: don't take what i'm saying as an attempt to remove omis from being the subject. i have not forgotten omis current play up to this point and i dont fully believe kevin's claim. at this point im unsure about his claim

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I haven't been able to pick up a read on Hando all game *shrugs*.

If we lynched riddle and he flipped town and you went straight after me, I would laugh so hard.

Honestly I'd hate to break it to you guys but SCUM IS WINNING. They don't need to take chances right now.

We do.

I wouldn't reveal so early if I didn't think we needed to win this game fast.

We lost a cop already, that's our main investigative role. We're behind face it we need to scum hunt not try and play the

"if this flips then CERTAINLY"

I think a majority of you have yet to FULLY understand this game. It's not black and white, it's not simple. Things aren't easy to break.

Omni you don't notice but when you play this game, you try and "break" the game. You think that lynching one person makes the next day's play easy.

Unfortunately that only makes you a liability.

Mafia doesn't have to gamble here, we do.

Riddle

Smash Lord

Sorry, I'm really not willing to take you at your word. Remember your plan in the "pregame" of Simpson's? Maybe you are just pulling one of those, we will never know until we lynch one of you and I'm not willing to take the risk and let you guys live.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unfortunately for me, I haven't been able to talk to Omis at all about this game, and when I have he's just made petty excuses about how it was a bad time to play this game because he just started high school. I can't quote anything because that's against the rules of the game.

However my partners made poor plays that's for sure and it honestly doesn't seem like he has the intention of making a full 100 percent effort in this game. In any other situation I'd ask for him to drop or I would have consulted him before revealing any of this but if we're going to win we're going to start having to scumhunt away from your two masoned players.

I'd start looking into your inactive players, mafia can just be doing the coasting game right now, especially since with me pushing the mislynch and then the seemingly perfect kill of Mcfox we're in trouble.

Stop looking at this like you're still playing a defensive game, we're on the offense here and if we don't score we could be looking at MYLO as early as D4 imho.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I can't see how Riddle is this thickheaded unless he's honestly worried about what he's going to flip, can't you guys see the difference in play styles here. You guys say that he was probably just making newbie mistakes, but can any of you honestly say that if you saw a masonry turn up, your first though would be to lynch one of the TOWN aligned masons and take them out.

Omni

BRoomer
I haven't been able to pick up a read on Hando all game *shrugs*.

If we lynched riddle and he flipped town and you went straight after me, I would laugh so hard.

Honestly I'd hate to break it to you guys but SCUM IS WINNING. They don't need to take chances right now.

We do.

I wouldn't reveal so early if I didn't think we needed to win this game fast.

We lost a cop already, that's our main investigative role. We're behind face it we need to scum hunt not try and play the

"if this flips then CERTAINLY"

I think a majority of you have yet to FULLY understand this game. It's not black and white, it's not simple. Things aren't easy to break.

Omni you don't notice but when you play this game, you try and "break" the game. You think that lynching one person makes the next day's play easy.

Unfortunately that only makes you a liability.

Mafia doesn't have to gamble here, we do.
i dont want this to turn into another argument between you and i but i think you misunderstand.

when i say that you are the play it doesn't mean that i think you should be lynched the following day. it simply means that based on the events that have been transpired your previous activities have left a trail to lead to a logical conclusion that you could potentially be scum. it's placing you at the bottom of the food chain.

i assure you i'm not attempting to break the game. my reasoning for saying that you may be the play is because of your initial bandwagon jumpstart on gheb/blazer and myself. in the same manner you are applying the same pressure on Riddle in the same way which led to a Hando and i believe Marshy vote. can't remember.

believe it or not, if i had to lean one way or the other i would lean in the direction of believing your claim.

kevin, when you are in a masonry does that mean you are allowed to talk to each other outside of the game?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yes Omni that's what it means, and I did misunderstand you I believed you had meant there would be no questions asked lynch me policy that seems to be what "the play" means here.

Does anyone have any questions, I've pushed my case against Riddle, I've revealed with NO pressure on me, and Omis still at only tied votes with Riddle.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I can't see how Riddle is this thickheaded unless he's honestly worried about what he's going to flip, can't you guys see the difference in play styles here. You guys say that he was probably just making newbie mistakes, but can any of you honestly say that if you saw a masonry turn up, your first though would be to lynch one of the TOWN aligned masons and take them out.
Mason is a very risky claim for scum, but it could potentailly be a very good way for scum to avoid getting lynched especially if your scum partner has little/no suspicion on him. Omis is still highly suspicious in my opinion and he just barely even started trying to defend himself. Plus, regardless of how Omis flips it gives us a ton of information about Kevin. If Omis flips town we basically just confirmed two townies. Kevin and his masoned buddy. Two confirmed townies is a very large asset for town and might even outweigh the lynching of a mason. Kevin if you jump on this and say "look he awnts to lynch confirmed town" I'm going to be :mad:, my only point here is that an Omis lynch could actually help if it is a mislynch and will most definitely help if Omis is scum.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No, if Omis flips town in a mason, it does NOT make Kevin town automatically. There can be a mason where one is mafia and the other is town.

Omni

BRoomer
hm.

kevin, what do you learn from a person when you become in mason with them? for example, what happens if you mason a mafia or an indie? can u only take their word that they are who they say they are?

also, can there be mafia masons? or is that the same thing as a recruiter?

this question is assuming either you or omis is the mason recruiter but not pinpointing which one of you is which

Riddle

Smash Lord
Why are you guys putting so much trust in Kevin? A lot of you seem to follow him mindlessly. There is no doubt that Kevin is a strong player, however that also applies to KevinScum. Please don't lose this by following Kevin like sheep.

Omni

BRoomer
Why are you guys putting so much trust in Kevin? A lot of you seem to follow him mindlessly. There is no doubt that Kevin is a strong player, however that also applies to KevinScum. Please don't lose this by following Kevin like sheep.
i'm asking questions, Riddle. what are you saying? you're asking us to forgive and trust that all of your stupid mistakes thus far have just been that... stupid mistakes. no one is following Kevin like a sheep

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
hm.

kevin, what do you learn from a person when you become in mason with them? for example, what happens if you mason a mafia or an indie? can u only take their word that they are who they say they are?

also, can there be mafia masons? or is that the same thing as a recruiter?

this question is assuming either you or omis is the mason recruiter but not pinpointing which one of you is which
Mafia is technically IN MASON the entire time.

Trust me knowing the characters we both are, it's not hard to see we're both town.

Riddle is sowing doubt because he knows this is when we nab our first scum.

Riddle your whole argument is so dumb. Sure if we lynch we get "two confirmed townies" but one of them is dead.

Nice try though.

Omni

BRoomer
last question, kevin. i am building up to something.

as a mason if u recruit mafia don't you and the rest of the masons die automatically? this is based on general mason mafia rules.

i also have a bad feeling that mafia is really cruising and sitting in the background watching and/our helping town to argue with each other. there are two many player's at this point who are under the radar like Hando, Chaco, Marshy, and Chill to name the few that come to mind.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Mafia is technically IN MASON the entire time.

Trust me knowing the characters we both are, it's not hard to see we're both town.

Riddle is sowing doubt because he knows this is when we nab our first scum.

Riddle your whole argument is so dumb. Sure if we lynch we get "two confirmed townies" but one of them is dead.

Nice try though.
I thought you said that you have three in your mason group...

Anyways, my point about sheep is mostly pointed torwards Handorin and people like him who are 'above' posting reasons.

I am not asking you to forgive me, however if you lynch me and I flip town I want you guys to listen to what I have said and look at Kevin more closely.

Your yet again fail to see my point even though right in my post why I want to lynch Omis. I'll make it bigger so you can see it.

I WANT TO LYNCH OMIS, BECAUSE I THINK HE IS LIKELY TO BE SCUM!!!

The confirmed townie argument only applied to a town Omis which I highly doubt at this point. It is NOT the main reason I want to vote Omis (look in the big font for that).

Has it ever occurred to you that townies try to avoid looking scummy and try to avoid getting lynched just like scum do? I want to avoid a town mislynch on me and go for the person who, FMPOV, has a good chance of being scum.

Kevin's entire case against me is based on a false premise, scum aren't the only players who try to avoid getting lynched and try to avoid looking scummy. Most of his points against me are saying that I am trying too hard to avoid being connected with a lynch and things like that. However, when I am townie I in fact also try to not be associated with a townie lynch believe it or not.

Top Bottom