• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
i know side-b is predictable,, u just hav to try ur best to trhow off ur oppentn but the main reaosn to use it is for pressure to eventually get the oppenent to come to zelda so she can play defensiv
and ive played pits that loop ther arrows and i figured this would b a reply but it always takes the pits too much time to loop the arrows and while he is controlling them to loop u can hit him
why would they get thrown off? they just see you trying to use Din's and laugh. It creates no pressure, because it is so easy to react to. They won't approach a zelda.
...Pit starts looping an arrow, then you come in trying to punish him for it and Pit just shanks you because he stops trying to control the arrow and just punishes you attempting to punish him.

EDIT: oh, and I think Bowser has potential to be bottom or middle of C if we got better representation.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
if you watch zelda's hand you can see her try to detonate it, and dodge on reaction. And why would they dodge early? they don't have to do anything until you are about to detonate it.

Pits arrows are fast, and can be used repeatedly. If you keep having to shield, they have to slow down, and their shield detoriates to the point where you can snipe their head or feet. They can be looped, aimed, and fired straight. Pits arrows are one of the single best projectiles in the game.
yes he can spam arrrows faster than zelda can spam fireballz,, i stated that,,
sniping heads or feet can b remedied by dodging instead of using ur shield
nonetheless his projectile is very good in comparison to other characters
i just dont find it to b very versatile

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
Omni, Bowser is mid-low tier for a reason. Stop expecting high tier results from his attacks and speed, he just doesn't have them.
im confused ?lol sarcasim right? just incase its not i think bowser will stay the same or go down on the next list

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Please stop double posting. You can edit your previous post if you want to add something to it.

Din's is awful. There's no way around it, it's too slow, predictable, and easy to punish to be of much use.

Pit's arrows are good, maaaaaaybe one of the top projectiles in the game. I'd give the nod to Diddy's naners though, followed by Falco's lazors, Snake's Nades, and Peach's turnips.

Edit: Apparently it was a triple post, not just double. Too epic.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
good comebak insults show maturity
Ok, Omni, this isn't sarcasm... Since you're new and all, it's only fair to tell you that posting several times repeatedly (like you did 3 times) is a violation of one of SWF's posting rules. If you really want to answer to many people at the same time, edit your last post and address them in a single post, not multiple.

You'll be infracted by the moderators if you don't, and eventually banned if it keeps up... Just a friendly warning is all. :embarrass

And the best explanation so far as to Zelda vs Bowser tier placement, is that Zelda and Sheik were made to compliment each other, not to be played alone.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
So does triple posting.
i dont see the problem with it? im just trying to state my reasoning for saying these things and reply to eveyrone
correctioon:oh i c from commetn above^^^^ ty for clerifying that triple posting is bad i didnt knwo u coudl get banned for it
yes i am new to this site but ive played the smash series since the first 1 came out so plz dont treat me like im noob
and im not gunna deny that mayb shinyspoon is right i may i hav not played a real good bowser yet but until i do im still convinced he will lower on the next list,,as of right now
anyway im done posting for today
and im srry to cause such an uproar i just feel ther is way too much bias and hate on zelda
so i wanted to stand up for her,, i know how to play her efficiently so i did my best to giv counter arguements,,i dont comment and reply to piss people off keep that in mind,,
anyway hard feelings aside if u wana talk more
myspace.com/omniemokid
http://allisbrawl.com/profile/OMNIKID.ai
omniemokid@yahoo.com
add me or e-mail me

for the comment below
"Peach is 19th on the current Brawl tier list. This is because she has high priority on her attacks, the ability to float, decent combo ability, and a very versatile projectile;"
this is a quote form smashwiki
it can b considered both an item or projectile

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
yes he can spam arrrows faster than zelda can spam fireballz,, i stated that,,
sniping heads or feet can b remedied by dodging instead of using ur shield
nonetheless his projectile is very good in comparison to other characters
i just dont find it to b very versatile
*loops an arrow then shoots you with a straight one* situation solved.
Peach, Diddy, Snake, the Links, and ROB have items, not projectiles. You pull out an item, and throw it. Falco's lasers, or Pits arrows are projectiles, and the two best ones at that.
They are versatile depending on the context you view them in.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
if your down in percent zelda is forced to approach since they can dodge dins all day. Zelda gets owned by alot of common characters, her normals are slow in comparasion to other characters, d-tilts range isnt that great. most of her attacks can be DId out of, shes vunerable to gimps, her reflector has alot of ending lag, if you sourspot your f-air, b-air or d-air the knockback you get is so bad you could be punished for connecting with it. Up-air has alot of startup lag. d-smash is an okay move.
IMO shes one of the worst characters in this game

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
if your down in percent zelda is forced to approach since they can dodge dins all day. Zelda gets owned by alot of common characters, her normals are slow in comparasion to other characters, d-tilts range isnt that great. most of her attacks can be DId out of, shes vunerable to gimps, her reflector has alot of ending lag, if you sourspot your f-air, b-air or d-air the knockback you get is so bad you could be punished for connecting with it. Up-air has alot of startup lag. d-smash is an okay move.
IMO shes one of the worst characters in this game
The overall speed of her moveset actually isn't the reason she's bad. It's because she has no approach options whatsoever, combined with her slow movement speed, bad airdodge, aerials which are not very suited to approaching or any sort of air-to-air combat whatsoever, a slow grab, and a bad projectile for forcing approaches.

In reality, her ground game and her defense game is pretty dang good. She just has no reason to use it ever because she has to approach. Her Dsmash is fantastic, Fsmash is amazing as a spacing tool, her f and utilts kill very well, her Dtilt sets up for virtually anything she likes, including killers, Nayru's is actually quite useful and versatile, and her Usmash is just wonderful. She has her flaws, but it's definitely not in the ground game department.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Enough Zelda, more Bowser.
No more Bowser, nobody in this thread knows about the character and should stop claiming things about him. Unless your a Bowser player you really shouldn't be claiming things unless you want to be flamed by me because you'll probably state something wrong, and if your wrong I won't even explain why, because that person shouldn't have posted something about the character in the first place.

I'm such a mean person...or is it that this thread has made me this way.

<33333333333 everybody still.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
street fighter reference?

by vexs logic he shouldnt be allowed to say anything about where bowser should be since he doesnt play any of the characters that he states bowser is better than.

also the last kid that admitted he played bowser in this thread, said that he sucked.

just sayin...

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
street fighter reference?

by vexs logic he shouldnt be allowed to say anything about where bowser should be since he doesnt play any of the characters that he states bowser is better than.

also the last kid that admitted he played bowser in this thread, said that he sucked.
I play many characters at a decent level, and I only talk about those characters when mentioned

The dude doesn't play bowser at all judging by his posts, I meant Bowser's on the Bowser boards. Forgive me if i seem rude, its just annoying when people make claims about my character that are false that I have proven to be false in a tournament setting.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No more Bowser, nobody in this thread knows about the character and should stop claiming things about him. Unless your a Bowser player you really shouldn't be claiming things unless you want to be flamed by me because you'll probably state something wrong, and if your wrong I won't even explain why, because that person shouldn't have posted something about the character in the first place.
Fine then, more Yoshi talk.

:)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i know side-b is predictable,, u just hav to try ur best to trhow off ur oppentn but the main reaosn to use it is for pressure to eventually get the oppenent to come to zelda so she can play defensiv
You're missing the point, it's predictable to the point where your opponent will NEVER EVER GET HIT BY IT.

In other words, there's no need for them to approach.

To add insult to injury, if they're close enough (pretty much always not close enough for you to take advantage), your opponent will use invincibility frames or outprioritization to not get hit by Din's, then hit you during the lag.

and ive played pits that loop ther arrows and i figured this would b a reply but it always takes the pits too much time to loop the arrows and while he is controlling them to loop u can hit him
Remember, pit can do other stuff while controlling the arrows, you try to approach then, and he's gonna keep controlling the arrows if he can... but his first priority will be to punish you for attempting to approach. Zelda has no real options against a shield opponent because her grab is slower then reaction time.

and about my bad grammer,,i get that from texting and aim,,i dotn take the time for periods adn capitalization,,,im srry if its diffciult to read sumtimes
It's ok, just remember this is a forum, take some time and care for your posts, if they're difficult to read, it hurts your image.

I lurk bowser boards, is that enough?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I play many characters at a decent level, and I only talk about those characters when mentioned

The dude doesn't play bowser at all judging by his posts, I meant Bowser's on the Bowser boards. Forgive me if i seem rude, its just annoying when people make claims about my character that are false that I have proven to be false in a tournament setting.

lol at this comment being directed at a sonic main

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I was about to make a tier list of my own, and started to do so, but I stopped. I stopped because I realized I wasn't knowledge enough to think I could summarize the entire rankings of the cast, while knowing little of their metagame, matchups, and etc. To think I was that capable would be both arrogant and wholly wrong, and would lead to an embarrassing situation when people who did know their characters saw how flawed my list was.

And I would just like people who are discussing things here to realize; you do not know everything, and to assume you do is beyond foolish. So when a person more versed and more educated makes a statement, try to understand the reasoning behind it before declaring opposition to it. Quite often, you will be wrong and they will prove so.

TL;DR- shut up and listen to the smart guys, and stop thinking you are a smart guy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I argued a while back with Onishiba about why Link is better than Falcon and provided evidence.

He's still smarter than me about this game.

If you know what your talking about, you have every right to argue with someone who you think is giving off incorrect information.

If people make a list and people prove you wrong, just fix accordingly and move on.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Peach, Diddy, Snake, the Links, and ROB have items, not projectiles. You pull out an item, and throw it. Falco's lasers, or Pits arrows are projectiles, and the two best ones at that.

Pulling out an item and throwing it makes that item NOT a projectile? :confused:

A projectile is any object propelled through space by the exertion of a force which ceases after launch.

Just because you have to pull it out and THEN chuck it doesn't mean it's not a projectile.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Didn't really notice this...

Being an item doesn't make something not a projectile, in fact the opposite is really true, being an item means you are always a projectile.

Projectiles are things with hitboxes independent of the character, and items always have hitboxes independent of the character when thrown.

Therefore, they items are universally a projectile when thrown.

bigman40

Smash Master
=O

Let me guess, they main Metaknight now?

That all? :(
That's all that I felt like saying (wasn't in a cheerful mood that time). Too many ignorant people jump into the conversation to express their "experience" with this or that character.

Bwett mains Diddy now, and Burnt is looking for another main.

I've always thought yoshi had more potential to rise- does he really suck?
He's bad, but he's not "lol" bad compared to others. Practically every MU he has against the cast is an uphill battle. He has potentially some ugly MUs (35:65) that would make him better (falco/marth/samus and possible TL/snake). Everyone else is from even to 40:60 (this is mainly from D tier and up).

TL;DR- shut up and listen to the guys who know what they're talking about, and stop thinking you are a know-it-all.
fixed and QFT.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Yoshi's strengths (eggs, decent weight, SA frames, CG on some characters, pivot grab) are just outweighed by his weaknesses (eggs can be easily outcamped, nearly non-existant OOS game, below average KO ability).

I think Yoshi is below the characters in D tier by a little bit. E tier seems right although the order of Etier is a little off. I'd put Yoshi above Lucas and maybe Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom