• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Peaches problems in brawl: A- Killing with Peach.
So lets start with what her problems are in brawl. For one thing, Some may have trouble killing with peach. or setting up for the final blow. problem is sometimes you have to use the moves you would need to finishes your enemy off to begin with. But using the moves alot makes it weaker. So in a sense, it is hard to kill with peach. But depending on how you play, that task can be reduce. But also keep in mind on how smart your enemy is.

B- Her recovery.
You can be left a sitting duck in the air with Peach. Recovering from the skies back to the stage can be a problem as well since she fall slow in the air. You can get juggled easy cause of this. So you need to be very careful when recovering to the stage. And when you land while in your Up-B animation, you will lag. Its not like melee when you touch the floor and you can move right after. So recover with care. also a tip, when you are coming down from the skies and did not use your Up-B, Dont try to attack while recovering. Its safe to just try to land without getting hit. a times you may be able to get a dair or w/e air attack in. But make sure you know you can hit. get the timing and spacing down right. Cause just doing that your putting yourself at risk for a KO. Your mission at this point is to land safe on the stage.

C- Dsmash.
One of the many reasons People complain about Peach or left her. Her Dsmash got weak. and cant kill. Its pretty much the same as in melee, but you cant kill with it and has less power.

D- No Float Cancel.
FC (Float cancel) was one of the best things Peach had in melee. it was about 80% of her game. She does not have that anymore. And so people wont get confused, FC is when you Float, do an air attack, then land and there is no lag after. Now it may seem like when you Float then do an air attack and land, you dont lag at all. Reason for that is if you land at the right time, you will auto cancel the move, so you can attack right after. try landing a Fair at different times while floating and watch you lag. So there is no FC for Peach.

E- Easily KO'ed.
You can die pretty quick with Peach due to her lightweight. there are some characters that can kill you at crazy %. So you have to be aware of that and be careful with how you handle yourself against them.

D- Her second jump.
it barely has any height. so you wont really get anywhere with it at all. But it does have its uses. Keep reading and you will see further in this guide.

Cons:

* Floaty.
* Slow dash speed (4th slowest dash speed in the game).
* Vertical recovery is rather poor.
* Shortest vertical mid-air jump in the game (Slightly shorter than Link's & Ganondorf's)
* Noticeable ending lag if you fail to connect with Peach Bomber.
* Dies vertically at relatively low percents.
* Her Turnips disappear once they hit a shield, which removes the possibility of using a turnip again
* hard to KO at moderate percentages
* Vegetables can be used against her

3- Peaches strengths in brawl: A- Speed
Peach is a lil faster now in brawl. This is what I kinda wanted from her. A lil speed. I suggest you take this to your advantage. Combine her speed with your strats and use it well. it can mean alot on the battlefield.

B- Floating.
The best thing Peach has in this game IMO and what makes her play style so unique. Learn to Float and do air attacks with it. At the right height of floating, you can be immune to group attacks, and your air attacks can nail your enemy. Learn to control your floating. This is one of her keys to victory.

C-Kill Moves.

Though it may be a pain to kill with Peach at times, she does have a few kill options.

**= Can kill well with and mostly used for a finisher
* Can Kill but not as great as a kill move with 2 starts

- Fair **
- Bair **
- Nair
- Uair*
- Dair (% has to be quite high. Best to catch them in the air with it to make it a lil easier to kill with)
- Utilt **
- Ftilt *
- Dtilt (% has to be quite high)
- Fsmash **
- F-B (High damage or gimps)
-Up-B (% has to be pretty high. But this type of task can be easier if you do it high in the air or on a platform)
- Usmash**
- Turnips(Yes I am serious....turnips)**
- Toad (Yes......toad, but the % of the enemy has to be pretty darn high and it depends on character and stage.)

Now remember that this all depends on:
- How many times you used the attack
- Stage
- character you are playing
- the % or the enemy
- What part of the stage you are on when you unleashed the attack.

So now you guys know what type of character she is, her good and bad sides as well. Once you understood all of this fully, lets put Peach to work.

D- Turnips
Another good thing about Peach. You can do so many things with turnips. Its a another big part of Peaches style. you can attack in the air while floating and still have one in your hand. It can lead to set ups. Traps. Play around with it and thing of creative strats. also here is a tip that can go a long way. When you have a turnip in your hand, your enemy is now put on the defensive for they dont wanna get hit with it. Now you can use that to your advantage with tricks and playing with the enemies head.

turnips are not a weapon for just damage. You just don't get one and toss them hoping to hit one. Turnips are a damm mindgame. Just by holding a turnip in your hand. You are already toying with your opponents head. When you get one, it buts your opponent on the defense cause they do not wanna get hit. You did not have to do anything to them to screw with them. Turnips are a tool to mess with the mind and THEN get your damage off.

"pluck turnip"
"toss it"

NO!^ There is about maybe 6 steps before you toss it. Also Peach can fight with items in her hand via floating. And she can bring that Floating to the ground for more of a confusing. Your opponent won't be able to tell when you will toss the damm turnip. She is like the drunken master. Maybe His wife, w/e. Just holding that thing in your hand can lead to so much confusing. Hell, might even confuse the hell out of you. Yes it is that serious.

Pros:

* Can Float.
* Auto-Floating allows use of aerials at ground level, allowing for a highly-integrated ground and air game, and removing the need for dashing

* Between the float, her second jump, her parasol, and small contributions by the Peach Bomber and Toad, she has one of the longest and most versatile horizontal recoveries in the game.
* Her Turnips are useful projectiles, especially for edgeguarding.
* There is a chance of pulling a Bob-omb or Beam Sword when using Vegetable.
* There is a 1/58 chance that she can pull a Vegetable that deals 30% damage or more.
* Down Smash is quick and has several high priority hits.
* Neutral attack slap is good for disrupting combos and grabs, as well as starting combos of her own.
* When Parasol is canceled in midair, it can be opened up again.
* Forward Aerial Crown Slap is a great horizontal killer.
* Turnips can be used over and over.
* Can Glide Toss her Turnips.
* Turnips disappear once they touch a shield
* Remarkably long horizontal recovery if her float is intact
* Quick, effective close-up game
* Amazing edgeguarder
* Can chain throw medium-heavy weight characters with Down Throw
* Turnips are excellent for camping, lead ins, and edgeguarding
* D-tilt can meteor smash opponents in the air trying to recover back to stages

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And let me saw this now before people assume stuff. I do NOT think Peach has the advantage Vs snake. But that Match up ratio you gave me is a no.
Let's talk about a character who isn't completely summarized by a single post.

Seriously, if we had posts like this for every character, we wouldn't need such senseless debates because we actually have information to use.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Let's talk about a character who isn't completely summarized by a single post.

Seriously, if we had posts like this for every character, we wouldn't need such senseless debates because we actually have information to use.
Well aint that some ****....

Damm you just killed mah glory. ha ha ha! But yea you are right.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
She can't camp. Din's Fire is laughably easy to avoid. She can't approach. How do you expect people to run at her to make her use her good defensive game when they can make her come to them?
true din's fire is ez to avoid,, but the hitbox can get really huge,,try to use this advantage to play mindgames with ur oppentnt,,althoguh still ez to dodge ,, i do fidn most projectiles ez to avoid after all,,
adn oppenents cant MAKE zelda come to them,, she can avoid projectiles just like oppenents can avoid din's fire,, also i find jumping and then using dins fire to b very useful as zelda gets a hovering effect which if used correctly can avoid projectiles while pressuring them with dins

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Luigi is just in the same spot as Peach. These 2 characters are odd to place. if Peach was to go above luigi, I would not care. But Peach is above luigi, and luigi players should not care. These 2 are underratted. I say Peach and Luigi belong close to each other on the list.

But as for luigi in general. he is really good.

- Good jab game that can lead to an up-B for early kills
- Quick air attacks.
- Can be sometimes hard to punish out of shield.
- High prioty Nair. I swear this move breaks like everything.
- Decent Recovery.

That's about all I know of luigi for good things. I don't know much about his

Oh and I think I should add this too.

He beats up diddy and Olimar. Characters people get annoyed at so much.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
true din's fire is ez to avoid,, but the hitbox can get really huge,,try to use this advantage to play mindgames with ur oppentnt,,althoguh still ez to dodge ,, i do fidn most projectiles ez to avoid after all,,
adn oppenents cant MAKE zelda come to them,, she can avoid projectiles just like oppenents can avoid din's fire,, also i find jumping and then using dins fire to b very useful as zelda gets a hovering effect which if used correctly can avoid projectiles while pressuring them with dins
Din's fire is much easier to avoid than Pit's arrows, Falco's Lasers, Wolf's lazers or even Razor leaf or luigi's fireballs. Din's is only useful in a few matchups. No matter how big the hitbox is the move is still slow and opponents can still easily predict the detonation.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Luigi is a freaking monster in battle man. I second Luigi but I'm not too good with him. Even though I suck with him, I end up doing these amazing combos and I have like no idea how it came about. lol

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
My opinion is flawed?

I don't think bowser is a solid mid-tier but I think he's better than Zelda.

In your opinion they are about the same. You are so **** arrogant.
bowser is not better than zelda,,and i've tryed playing with him,, cuz i like bowser as a character,,but truth is he really isnt good:urg:

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
dins fire is a setup, you use it to make the opponent fall into certain traps (like dodging into an usmash etc.). its used to set stuff up more than its used in the hopes of actually hitting the opponent with the move

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Her Recovery might be slightly longer, but that doesn't matter if she gets KO'd 50%+ earlier. Just saying.

Bowser > Zelda, but not by more than 1 or 2 places.
I have to disagree to a very large degree. Bowser is much better.
dins fire is a setup, you use it to make the opponent fall into certain traps (like dodging into an usmash etc.). its used to set stuff up more than its used in the hopes of actually hitting the opponent with the move
Except it really sets up for nothing but an offstage airdodge, which will only occasionally kill a bad character that has already lost his second jump. Even then, unless you're at a really high percent you can just take the damage and get launched up for an easier recovery. >.>

edit: wow, bad wording. sorry. <_<

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I always though Luigi having advantages against Diddy Oli, ZSS? (Not 100% sure...) neutral against Wario, and only a slight disadvatage against Wario has to count for something... every matchup for Luigi is realistically winnable compared to a few, Tough, (65-35 for G dud, Marth, and DDD) Tough, but winnable. Those matchups still do suck though so I say he's great where he is right now. Should not move down...or up at all.

Except for MK, 75-25 MK's favor. This is nearly unwinnable. But then again...basically everyone fails against MK :p.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
It's Zelda's lack of speed. Zelda is alot better on wifi though, some people think she can do just as well online as offline, but thats not the case. Offline, Zelda side b is easier to dodge and shield, and she'll have a hard time with the fast characters. This tier list is talking about for offline with no lag involved.
i think zelda is worse on wiifi,, lighter characters like her really need clean directional influence to avoid getting killed early on,,
and eveyrone has misconceived zelda as being slow i cant think of 1 move with notable start-up lag(excluding specials) she does hav sum ending lag on sum of her moves but she can space enough to avoid being punished since she is so strong
and i disagree with whoever says zelda's recovery isnt bad,, she is 1 of my mains and recovering is pain playing pros as she is easily edge guarded,
wen far out enough off the stage she only has 2 options,, tele to grab ledge or land on the stage,,she can b edged hogged if tryign to grab the ledge adn the oppenent can see wen she begins her tele and if he is good knows how far the distance is adn predicting wher she will end up,,not to metnion even if u land fairly far form the oppenent this move still has landing lag giving fast characters the oppurtunity to knock u bak off the stage again,,
and last adn worse thing abotu her recovery is after she teles she has no dl in the air for a few frames(with a chance of being hit)and making recovery nearly impoissble from certain angles underneath the stage

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hold on. Luigi can't handle DDD well? How?
Infinite. Other then that, aside from range problems (DDD's even slower in the air than Luigi) I find it to be a cake walk, combo city :)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Infinited?
The infinite is useless, you can't use it till kill percents if your opponent actually knows how to mash efficiently (which should be top on the list of needed skills for luigi, mario, and samus players).

It's a short chaingrab till it stales.

Luigi doesn't get infinited.
At least not in a way that affects the match-up.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Luigi will move much. I think he is worse then Peach, but won't really go anywhere on the list.

I think Bowser will rise back, and Zelda will drop.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
Bowser is much better then Zelda.
i disagree,, with reasoning this time,,bowser is a powershouse but has terrible starting lag adn ending lag on many of his moves,, adn terrible landing lag on his aerials with the excpetion of fair but that still has landing lag,,so he is easily punished
his advance techniques like koopa hopping seem useless as a projectile cna stop approaches with this
his projectile fire breath is easily dl out of unless u r edgeguarding offstage
all in all i see bowser as a character that relies on lucky hits adn mistakes by oppenents
i do giv him credit for his up-b it is a good punisher , side-tilt(probably bowsers most useful move wne i play him)and his grab release on certain characters
but then again his grab release doesnt work on zelda now does it?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i disagree,, with reasoning this time,,bowser is a powershouse but has terrible starting lag adn ending lag on many of his moves,, adn terrible landing lag on his aerials with the excpetion of fair but that still has landing lag,,so he is easily punished
his advance techniques like koopa hopping seem useless as a projectile cna stop approaches with this
all in all i see bowser as a character that relies on lucky hits adn mistakes by oppenents
i do giv him credit for his up-b it is a good punisher , side-tilt(probably bowsers most useful move wne i play him)and his grab release on certain characters
FLAME MODE ON

You're an idiot.

FLAME MODE OFF

Do more research on Bowser.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Alright, you seem to have no knowledge of Bowser but I'll correct you.

None of the moves that Bowsers consistently use have large amounts of lag.
Its called klaw hopping, and it is useful, but if they are shooting projectiles you get on the ground and you power shield it.
fire breath has a large hitbox, which means you use it space, keep your opponent at bay, and off the edge to eat their recoveries.
Yes, but you are wrong.
His up-b is amazing on the ground, one of if not the best out of shield option in the game. You are playing him wrong fyi, side tilt is one of his decent moves. His grab release is amazing, but good luck ever getting a grab.
It doesn't really matter either way, if zelda lets bowser land a grab then they really need to play better.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
Din's fire is much easier to avoid than Pit's arrows, Falco's Lasers, Wolf's lazers or even Razor leaf or luigi's fireballs. Din's is only useful in a few matchups. No matter how big the hitbox is the move is still slow and opponents can still easily predict the detonation.
although dins fire is ezier to avoid it still doesnt MAKE zelda go offensiv
pits arrows r usually predictable as they go the same speed everytime,, and if ur openent is on the ground the arrow will b goign stright and not curved in any direction unless he jumps adn shoots the arrows with a down curve,, regardless,,, if u memorize the speed on the arrows ,,curved or not they reach u at about teh same tiem a strigth arrow woudl,,u down or roll dodge towards the arrow adn its avoided
this can b said for many other projectiles,,zelda's just happens to b not as spammy as most,, (for more versatile projectile id say peach ,snake and ROB hav it)
and lets not forgot zelda can pull out her reflect to catch oppenents offguard un fortunaly she cannot out reflect spam due to her reflect properties compared to fox's or wolf's reflect
but still has its uses
adn the hitbox idea is most oppenents predict zelda to detonate right on contact with the enemy,, u can use her large hitbox and go past the enemy with the fireball then after they dodge nuthing detonate it,, the only flaw with this is if oppents predicts it he can dash towards zelda or roll dodge towards her and usually punish her,,but u can remedy this by mixing up how u use ur fireballz,,try not to b predictable
but i hope that clears it up a little

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
pits arrows r usually predictable as they go the same speed everytime,, and if ur openent is on the ground the arrow will b goign stright and not curved in any direction unless he jumps adn shoots the arrows with a down curve,, regardless,,, if u memorize the speed on the arrows ,,curved or not they reach u at about teh same tiem a strigth arrow woudl,,u down or roll dodge towards the arrow adn its avoided
this can b said for many other projectiles,,zelda's just happens to b not as spammy as most,, (for more versatile projectile id say peach ,snake and ROB hav it)
and lets not forgot zelda can pull out her reflect to catch oppenents offguard un fortunaly she cannot out reflect spam due to her reflect properties compared to fox's or wolf's reflect
but still has its uses
adn the hitbox idea is most oppenents predict zelda to detonate right on contact with the enemy,, u can use her large hitbox and go past the enemy with the fireball then after they dodge nuthing detonate it,, the only flaw with this is if oppents predicts it he can dash towards zelda or roll dodge towards her and usually punish her,,but u can remedy this by mixing up how u use ur fireballz,,try not to b predictable
I'm sorry, but...
...what?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
but still has its uses
Pit can loop his arrows to have more then one on the field and create set-ups.

You COULD do that with her forward B, if Zelda didn't move her hand at the perfect time to tell your opponent exactly when it will detonate, allowing them to airdodge/spotdodge/outprioritize on reaction, it's useless as anything other then a punisher.

I thought forward B was usable until I found this out, now I know it sux.

Get better grammar/spelling/capitalization/separation between paragraphs, and honestly, check the character boards and learn more about the metagame.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
if you watch zelda's hand you can see her try to detonate it, and dodge on reaction. And why would they dodge early? they don't have to do anything until you are about to detonate it.

Pits arrows are fast, and can be used repeatedly. If you keep having to shield, they have to slow down, and their shield detoriates to the point where you can snipe their head or feet. They can be looped, aimed, and fired straight. Pits arrows are one of the single best projectiles in the game.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
Alright, you seem to have no knowledge of Bowser but I'll correct you.

None of the moves that Bowsers consistently use have large amounts of lag.
Its called klaw hopping, and it is useful, but if they are shooting projectiles you get on the ground and you power shield it.
fire breath has a large hitbox, which means you use it space, keep your opponent at bay, and off the edge to eat their recoveries.
Yes, but you are wrong.
His up-b is amazing on the ground, one of if not the best out of shield option in the game. You are playing him wrong fyi, side tilt is one of his decent moves. His grab release is amazing, but good luck ever getting a grab.
It doesn't really matter either way, if zelda lets bowser land a grab then they really need to play better.
yea i did forget to mention he has terrible grabs,, fire breath is easily avoidable and not a very good spacer as it comes out slow,, jump over it and punish bowser will stop him form usign that again
and i dont think u read my post properly as i stated side-tilt adn up-b r GOOD moves nto bad"i giv him credit for them",, plz read carefull y next tiem
adn it can b called koopa hopping or klaw hopping chek youtube,, but wne i learned the technique i alwasy called it koopa hopping but then agian it really doesnt matter

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
Pit can loop his arrows to have more then one on the field and create set-ups.

You COULD do that with her forward B, if Zelda didn't move her hand at the perfect time to tell your opponent exactly when it will detonate, allowing them to airdodge/spotdodge/outprioritize on reaction, it's useless as anything other then a punisher.

I thought forward B was usable until I found this out, now I know it sux.

Get better grammar/spelling/capitalization/separation between paragraphs, and honestly, check the character boards and learn more about the metagame.
i know side-b is predictable,, u just hav to try ur best to trhow off ur oppentn but the main reaosn to use it is for pressure to eventually get the oppenent to come to zelda so she can play defensiv
and ive played pits that loop ther arrows and i figured this would b a reply but it always takes the pits too much time to loop the arrows and while he is controlling them to loop u can hit him
and about my bad grammer,,i get that from texting and aim,,i dotn take the time for periods adn capitalization,,,im srry if its diffciult to read sumtimes

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I'm not going to argue the point. Zelda's not really a specialty of mine.

I do think Bowser can place high, I just wonder sometimes why it doesn't happen more often.
We need more representation. :V

@Omni-
His grab is fine, what are you talking about?
Tap the fire breath, don't hold it. And you can approach from above onto them, and they can't jump because then they jump into the fire.
...I really think you should look at your keyboard when you type, it might help you form coherent sentences.
It is called klaw hopping, youtube is not a legit source.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
yea i did forget to mention he has terrible grabs,, fire breath is easily avoidable and not a very good spacer as it comes out slow,, jump over it and punish bowser will stop him form usign that again
and i dont think u read my post properly as i stated side-tilt adn up-b r GOOD moves nto bad"i giv him credit for them",, plz read carefull y next tiem
adn it can b called koopa hopping or klaw hopping chek youtube,, but wne i learned the technique i alwasy called it koopa hopping but then agian it really doesnt matter
He may have made a mistake because your wall of text is horribly ugly, please double check spelling before posting.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I've been going all Bowser lately and placing better then any Zelda does in a strong region, and I intend to keep doing this.
Sweet stuff. I'd like to see some of your vids, are they on the Bowser boards? Are you going all Bowser at Pound 4?

Klaw alone is reason enough for Bowser to be at least high D tier.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Omni, Bowser is mid-low tier for a reason. Stop expecting high tier results from his attacks and speed, he just doesn't have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom