• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
can i ask why you were playing the way you've been playing

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yes, you can.

I may or may not have an answer though. You just have to ask and find out.

Omni

BRoomer
why were you playing the way you were playing? if your vanilla, why did you hammer yourself?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Partly because I got bored really fast for some reason.

That's the only info I'm giving out.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Final Day 2 Vote Count
(7) Handorin: Riddle, Marshy, Chill, Chaco, Ronike, Omis, Handorin

Not voting (5): Frozenflame, Mentos, Omni, Junglefever, Rockin

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

The stagnant cries of regret lingered even after his death was fully realized. Someone new had been attacked, and yet none of it seemed real. "Vincent... is dead..."

"TIFA-!"

The group rushed over to the body of their fatally wounded ally. One man was quick enough to slide across the ground and catch her body as she fell, falling to his own knees to prevent her from hitting the ground.

"What do we do?"

"She's dying! We have to save her!"

Hesitation turned into desperate tempts to resurrect a fallen comrade. Everyone in the vicinity did something, but their combination of CPR, combat medicine, and magic couldn't prevent her death. Someone, however, paid no attention.

"Vincent, without you..."

Desperate to make sense of the chaotic situation, the group turned against the person who held Tifa's body. Accusations began to fly from all directions towards him. He sat in silence as they approached him with their fear and anger. Overwhelmed and near death, he shouted,

"I wouldn't kill Tifa! She was my best friend! I-.... I'm Cloud Strife! EX-Soldier 1st Class! I made a promise, that if Tifa were ever in danger, that I would be her hero... that I would protect her!"

Silence blanketed the group. "...Who?"

An unfamiliar voice pierced through the confusion.

"It doesn't matter," she said as she grimly stepped towards the group. "None of this matters, anymore. Vincent is dead. Nothing, no magic, no science can bring him back. I've spent my whole life helping people rebuild their lives, rebuild their own bodies, searching for my sister. Vincent swore to help me find her, to protect her if anything happened to me. And now, he-"

She began to sob as she walked past the group, past Tifa, past Angeal, and fell to her hands and knees next to Vincent's body.

When she spoke again, it was not with sadness, but determination.

"I have nothing, now."

She grasped Vincent's uniquely barreled shotgun. She positioned it against her own neck, and tightening the grip, pulled the trigger.

Handorin, Dr. Shalua Rui (vanilla townie), has been lynched.

Day 2 has ended. Night 2 begins.
Night actions are due Sunday, October 4th, Noon EST.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

“Until further notice, the city of Midgar is in lock-down. All citizens of Sectors 1-8 are to abide by curfew and stay inside. Those wandering the streets will be forcibly returned to their homes or arrested. Trespassing on Shin-Ra territory will be met with lethal force.

“Dio, the manager of Golden Saucer and host of the annual fighter's tournament, has been arrested for suspicion of assisting and housing the AVALANCHE terrorists. The theme park will be closed indefinitely pending further investigation.”

The sky never resettled back into its morning blue, or even its industrial gray, after the powerful storm caused by Sephiroth. The tumbling clouds simply dispersed into darkness, and the evening had commenced. All day, the men gathered had been unsuccessful in their attempt to root out the evil among them. As night crept closer, another one of them fell.

Distraught at Dr. Shalua Rui's suicide, the group unanimously decided that everyone needed a break to clear their minds. When they returned, another unspeakable atrocity had occurred. On the ground near the bodies of Vincent Valentine and Shalua Rui lay the silent corpse of a child.

The group remorsefully lifted the child's body from the ground and moved him to a more respectful resting place. Moving through the area, many could not help but notice the disappearance of Zack Fair's iconic Buster Sword, a divot in the dirt where it had once rested.

Rockin, Denzel (vanilla townie) died a brutal death during the night.

Night 2 has ended. Day 3 begins.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for 12:00 noon EST on Sunday, October 18th.

Xsyven has been contacted again to replace Omni.

Ronike

Smash Ace
So I'm gonna say Omni/Xsyven is the play today. First off, this constant "I wanna be replaced, wait, nvm" screams to me that he has an interesting role. His "one time only superdoc" doesn't fit this description IMO, as he probably already would have used it therefore making his role no longer very interesting, so I'm inclined (as I have always been) to believe that role is BS. Second, he is the driving force behind Hando's death, and yet in the end, didn't even has his vote on the guy? Screams scum trying to seem ino to me. Third is everything else I've ever said about him, and fourth is we get a hell of a lot of info if we lynch him, specially if he flips scum.

Vote: Omni

As for actually making sense, that comes tomorrow. But today... today I have tiredness... but FURY nonetheless.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oh god, what has Omni gotten me into. To be honest, when I was first contacted to replace, and he changed his mind, I was really mad. If he was inevitably going to quit, he'd might as well have handed it over to me while it was easier for me to catch up...

Anyway, Ronike, I'd definitely recommend not focusing on me right now. I'm not caught up at all, and there's sixty pages for me to read. By all means, feel free to question me after I've had some time to breathe, but please-- don't waste the first few days asking me questions that I really can't answer.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Xsy always jumps in these games on like D3 when his character is about to get lynched hahaha.

I too am going to do a read through. See if i cant do any snoopin as to why Rockin mightve been the target.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
this is lame why would anyone kill rockin

we're lynching a scumbag today and i'm hounding people. more later

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'll give you till Wednesday Xsyven. After that, I'm not gonna just not suspect you cause you replaced the scummiest player. This is why I hate replacements.

IMO, the scum killed Rockin because the biggest thing I think everyone (or at least me) had on him was his support of Handorin, which at this point would have cleared him a decent amount in my mind.

Omni

BRoomer
(fyi: i am being replaced in all my mafia games; not just this one. i was going to make one last post for D3 but i got replaced pretty fast. good luck, Xsyven)

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm going to go re-read and see if I can pick out any connections.

I'll have a post up either later tonight, or tomorrow afternoon.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'll give you till Wednesday Xsyven. After that, I'm not gonna just not suspect you cause you replaced the scummiest player. This is why I hate replacements.

IMO, the scum killed Rockin because the biggest thing I think everyone (or at least me) had on him was his support of Handorin, which at this point would have cleared him a decent amount in my mind.
I didn't say "DON'T SUSPECT ME.", I said "Don't question me, because I have no idea what the hell to say." Wednesday sounds good. :)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chill has been extremely inactive, I would also definitely like to hear from him more often. I don't entirely mind inactives, but when it's gone on as much as it has with Chill, then it starts to get aggravating.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I really don't want to call for another replacement in this game but he literally doesn't say anything ever. It doesn't help us at all.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed w/ Marshy, wtf @ Rockin kill lol.

Let's give Xsyven a chance to get caught up. Maybe a fresh perspective on things will get us moving in the right direction.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Alright, in the past few days, I have changed my mind on my approach. Xsy, I will give you a while to prove yourself, however, I am watching you like a hawk.

And in the interest of actually being able to assess all my options.

Vote: Chill

This is getting ridiculous. Post more or get replaced. If you don't, I'm certainly keeping my vote on you. And until you start playing, Im keeping my vote on you.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm not caught up yet, but I'd wait to lynch Chill. He's also extremely inactive in a game I'm hosting in the BRoom. I think he's legitimately just... not around. I understand people coasting as Mafia, but when people are inactive throughout the entire forum, I don't want 'em dead for not posting.

If he actually is Mafia, well shucks. Still not caught up. :x Only vote for him if you really think he's scummy.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, after reading back, I've seen a few connections that I cannot shake off as dumb town mistakes. First off, I honestly believe that today's play should be Riddle. Hando was a fallback lynch since we "could not" lynch Riddle yesterday. So, the main pairing I've noticed is Riddle and Omni, now Xsyven. Each of which have shown ever so slight bits of caution towards one another, which convinces me more so that they are indeed the play(s).

Let's begin with the Hando lynch. Who were the main forces behind the Hando lynch, when Riddle was close to lynch? Omni and Riddle. Almost to conveniently a kill appeared and Omni came up with Riddle being framed. Which at the time was a semi-reasonable option. But now looking back, I feel it is an interesting prospect that Omni set up the kill to clear Riddle. It would make plenty of sense. Who had been grilling Omni the entire game? Kevin. Makes sense to get rid of the one riding your ***, does it not? So then, after that a bit when more votes returned to Riddle, he claims Cloud Strife. The MAIN protagonist of FF7 in general. Well, I see a few things wrong with this. The biggest name we;ve had thus far is Tifa. Does anyone else see this rather odd gap in Omni and Riddle's claims? Omni claimed Aeris, and then Riddle claimed Cloud. Well, if those were safe claims. They were not very good, as most characters who have been revealed thus far have been lesser characters. To me that just doesn't fit well. I feel it a strong option Tom did as he did in Disney Mafia and let scum choose their safe claim. I believe he did that, I ****ed up early in that game and didn't look back a ton. Anyways, if you had the knowledge that they were not in the game, I'd be pretty prone to take that as a safe claim. Considering no one will want to lynch the main protagonist. Which, as you saw, when Cloud was dropped all votes left Riddle. So that really red flags to me.

On top of that we go back to many of Riddle's scum tells which he attempts to pass of, I'd say we have more than enough for a solid lynch on him.

I apologize if this post is Falkner-esque, but I was spitting out my thoughts on Riddle in a rapid succession. I'll have a more organized post sometime in the next few days when I have an hour or so to quote and point out connections better.

Vote: Riddle

Riddle

Smash Lord
I really wish you guys would give me a scum-motive for mistakes. Anyways, I think you are suspecting rather a lot. You think Cloud is not in this game because he is too important? That seems a little odd to me. I agree I was one of the driving forces behind the Hando lynch, but I don't get what you are implying by that. What I find much more suspicious is Omni's push for Hando's lynch even though he didn't have a vote on him.

I agree that there is somewhat of a connection between Omni and I however I think this is somewhat of a null-tell since neither of our allignements are confirmed.

I would like to see Xsyven's thoughts.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
There isn't a motive in making mistakes. But scum can slip up and say things that imply heavily that they are scum.

You've done that.

A couple times.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I assume you are referring to asking Omni if he had used his doc powers and the vote count?

As for the doc power one, I have explained this to the best of my ability. My suspicion of Omni caused me to irrationally believe that asking him questions about his night actions would clear/incriminate him. This logic was obviously false.

The vote count is the result of skimming, because I was tired of reading Kevin's argument with Omni.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chaco... Really? You're going to say that you think Cloud isn't in the game because he is too important? That's arguably the worst comment I've heard in a mafia game. Do I think Tom gave scum safe-claims? Yes. But, when it comes right down to it, Cloud is the single most likely character to be in the game. Doubting Aeris is semi-rational, given her role in the story of FF7, but doubting that the main character is really in the game and is in fact a safe claim? That's absolutely ridiculous. Does that mean that Riddle is cleared of all suspicion? No. But it sure as hell makes him a bad target for the lynch right now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Never did I say he wasnt in the game because he was too important. It may have been implied but was not at all what I meant. I told you that post was Faulkner esque and would not make much sense until I posted my other post.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I guess since I was to erratic in that post I might as well try to get most of my case on Riddle out tonight in the next 45 minutes or so, if at all possible. This post may come in a few parts as it will be fairly large.

Let's start back with Riddle's mistakes:

Can we get a vote count?

I generally agree with the reasons for Omni's scumminess but I dont want to seem like a bandwagoner =/.
Scumni, did you use your ability last night (f indeed you are telling the truth)?
(/quote #1) In this quote, Riddle asks for the vote count during higher votes on Omni. I believe the slip here is fairly obvious.

(/quote #2) This, however, makes me extraordinarily uneasy when it comes to Riddle, and is one of the few things that makes me question his connection with Omni. He asks Omni if he used his night action. Can anyone think of a logical reason for a town player to ask this? The information, granted Omni had answered, would've thrown this game in a loop. Riddle, or other scum, could have used this information to coordinate their night kill with such ease. Knowing that Omni's one-shot Super Doc ability was out of the way would open up many horizons. Are we all on the same page here concerning the errors? If not, I will further elaborate if need be.

So continuing on as of this point, I ask you all to answer the following:

1) What do you think of Omni and Riddle as of this point? Look clearly how in both slips Omni is present.

Now, once you have answered this. We shall continue right along into the area when Riddle started to get his first few votes and began mounting his "defense". But before we jump on into this, let's briefly head back into Gheb's votes. Also, I will do a vote count analysis of the wagons, and lynches thus far.

Tom said:
Final Day 1 vote count:
Gheb (8): KevinM, McFox, Frozenflame, Handorin, Ronike, Riddle, Junglefever, Omni
Junglefever (1): Marshy
Riddle (1): Mentosman

Not voting (5): Rockin, Blazer, Chill, Omis, Chaco

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
Tom said:
21th Vote Count
Omis (4): Frozenflame, Riddle, Rockin, Marshy
Riddle (4): Mentosman, KevinM, Chaco, Ronike

Not voting (5): Omis, Omni, Chill, Handorin, Junglefever

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
(7) Handorin: Riddle, Marshy, Chill, Chaco, Ronike, Omis, Handorin

Not voting (5): Frozenflame, Mentos, Omni, Junglefever, Rockin

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
(/red highlight) Alright, so highlighted in red, I believe you can tell that Riddle has been a common factor in every single wagon, and lynch. Well which wagon are we forgetting? Omni's. That is the only wagon that Riddle has not been riding, and followed through with.

(/orange highlight)
I highlighted Omni in orange just because he is the connection to Riddle that I believe is extraordinarily evident. Most evident from this vote analysis is the lack of Omni's vote when a wagon involving Riddle is occurring. He was a main force of Hando's lynch with Riddle, however he did not vote for him. Why is that? Also, with Omis, I seem to remember (ISTR) Omni being one of the skeptics regarding him.

(/lime highlight) Ronike has been present on 3 major wagons as well, 2 of which went through.

(/bolded cyan highlight) People who have been on two wagons, and atleast one of this has resulted in a lynch.

(/italicized cyan)
People who were on two or more wagons, including self wagon, that are now dead

I have to go for now, but I will finish this post tomorrow. There is still a lot to come, if you have questions, please hole them off until I finish the entire post.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Okay, so I would fit onto the lime hilight if you hadn't colored me red...

And you are connecting Omni with me, because he was on one (or two if you count Hando's) wagon with me, and not on my wagon?

The mistakes have been brought up time and again and there is nothing more for me to respond to them. It comes down to whether a Scum Riddle would actually do that while thinking clearly. If you think so then they could be considered scummy, however if like me, you think (or know in my case) that this is not the case then all it proves is that I wasn't thinking clearly.

Also, the connection you are drawing between Omni and I is contradictory. You say there is a connection because I was trying to get him to claim about his ability and thinking about jumping on his bandwagon, and then also because we were on one (or two if you count that he was one of the driving forces behind the Hando lynch) the same bandwagons and because he didn't vote me.

Again just because you can draw a connection between two people doesn't mean that they are both scum they could be both town, one scum one town, or even some combination of indies.

I would like to hear from Chill, Xsyven, and Omis.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll finish my post when I get home after school. But what you've responded with this far isn't really anything. I hadn't finished so you basically jumped pj trying to defend yourself from what wasn't even a case yet. And let alone at the bottom it said I wasn't done and to wait until I was.

Riddle

Smash Lord
What's your point? I wanted to defend myself against what you already had. Once you post more I'll defend myself against that too.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
How can you mount a proper defense against an incomplete argument?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Its not exactly a proper defense. I was just responding to what he had >.>

Don't worry I'll have a better defense when his arguement his complete, I just wanted to put that up there.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Let me regain my train of thought, and then continue this thing. Anyways, I left off with the vote count analysis. Now you see there are two people who are have been on 3 wagons. Ronike and Riddle. But the point of this post isn't Ronike, however I will touch on him in due time. Riddle, has been a "force" in two of the "three" main wagons. The other, he was more or less an additive. So, let's at the ending vote count of Hando. Riddle started us off, voting wise, and Omni was pushing the "Riddle has been framed" story. So after name claiming, the play moved to Hando. Since no one wanted to no lynch at that point, the Hando lynch was thrown together sloppily and then he self hammered. So what good came of this lynch? Well, in my perspective, it somewhat solidified the connection between Riddle and Omni. Both of which have been major targets of the town, and abandoned upon claim. So, let's see what sense we can make of this. First, let's try:

1) If you abandoned all aspects of the flavor, would either Omni or Riddle be alive at this moment?

I'd have to say no. Their claims saved them. Had this been a regular game, and they had claimed townie. I severely doubt that they'd still be here. But now, let's take a look from a different perspective:

2) Hando claimed Dr. Shalua Rui, why did his claim not have the same effect as the others?

Well, that's because Hando was the fallback lynch, and he claimed a lesser known character.

3) Honestly, how many of you, without searching, knew who Dr. Rui was?

Let's take a look at some of the quotes from after his claim:
hando can still die. anything with "doctor" in it can
Shalua Rui = BS! Or just flat out scum. So my vote stays.
So let's take a look further in depth at these quotes. Marshy, said "hando can still die. Anything with "doctor" in it can. I see no backing for this quote. I'm waiting to hear a response something like, "People with "Doctor" in their name are never doctors." Well, if that is what you were going to respond with, think of your role in Spider Manfia. You were Doctor Octopus, the doctor. So how did this not throw up flags to anyone? It was not a weighted claim. And then Ronike just says it's utter bull.

So, let's take a look at this "ifs":

1) What if Riddle is scum, and we've abandoned him because of his claim?

Well, this is definitely a worst case scenario. So now that I've got these thoughts out, I'm going to Unvote: Riddle. I definitely feel my Faulkner-esque post sent the wrong message. However this one should clarify on my fears. But my vote on Riddle was quickly put out in the pool without clearly organizing my thoughts. So, now with that being said, I'm going to go ahead and answer the questions Riddle posed in his last post related to my previous post.

Riddle said:
1) Okay, so I would fit onto the lime hilight if you hadn't colored me red...

2) And you are connecting Omni with me, because he was on one (or two if you count Hando's) wagon with me, and not on my wagon?

3) The mistakes have been brought up time and again and there is nothing more for me to respond to them. It comes down to whether a Scum Riddle would actually do that while thinking clearly. If you think so then they could be considered scummy, however if like me, you think (or know in my case) that this is not the case then all it proves is that I wasn't thinking clearly.

4) Also, the connection you are drawing between Omni and I is contradictory. You say there is a connection because I was trying to get him to claim about his ability and thinking about jumping on his bandwagon, and then also because we were on one (or two if you count that he was one of the driving forces behind the Hando lynch) the same bandwagons and because he didn't vote me.

5) Again just because you can draw a connection between two people doesn't mean that they are both scum they could be both town, one scum one town, or even some combination of indies.
(/point #1) That is correct.

(/point #2) No, I am not. I am actually connecting you with Omni based on these reasons:
  1. Omni pushing for your save, after a daykill in a time where you were squirming
  2. Both of you being the main forces behind Hando's lynch
  3. The push of Omni and you, but only one of you seems to vote. With the exclusion of Gheb Wagon.
  4. Oh, and also, the first mistake: You ask for the vote count for before presumably voting Omni. This could go in two ways: 1) You were being cautious where you left your vote on Omni because you didn't want to look bad. 2) You didn't want to put Omni in a bad position. 3) It was an honest mistake

(/point #3) I brought up the mistakes again because you asked for more on them, I provided and you still did not deliver.

(/point #4) No, there is a possibility of that. That doesn't mean it is fact, unless you just confessed to doing so.

(/point #5) Looking at yours and Omni's actions, knowing both of you were about to be lynched with only claims saving you: What connection would you draw?

So, who do I feel we should look at today: Riddle, Omni, and Ronike. I'll have my thoughts up on Ronike sometime soon.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
So let's take a look further in depth at these quotes. Marshy, said "hando can still die. Anything with "doctor" in it can. I see no backing for this quote. I'm waiting to hear a response something like, "People with "Doctor" in their name are never doctors." Well, if that is what you were going to respond with, think of your role in Spider Manfia. You were Doctor Octopus, the doctor. So how did this not throw up flags to anyone? It was not a weighted claim.
don't get it. that ISN'T what i was going to respond with. i'm always for lynching anyone whose claim has anything to do with doc

Top Bottom