• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
that is what i am saying. you are trying to get him to roleclaim as well as nameclaim.

not okay in my book considering right now the only phase we're at is a nameclaim.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay Omni, let's try being smart here.

He just claimed Cloud. Giant target on his ***.

No matter of he rclaims or not he just claimed the main protagonist of all FF7. Giant target. Stop dillydallying over it, and let us get valuable information from him. If he killed KevM he needs to tell us. That will almost 100% tell us there is no SK, which is very valuable information. And it would be good to know in general so we know it was just a dumb play if it was him.

Omni

BRoomer
miscommunication.

i never told him NOT to answer your question; just not to give any extra information. giant target also = huge doc target if we have a real one.

a simple yes or no is all we need from, Riddle. we do not need to know anything else about him at the moment.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm getting my *** in gear right now. I don't know wht happened but these last few post are interesting. I'll post again when I finish catching up.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Think about what you guys are asking. A sk is someone who is forced to kill. We didn't have a death yesterday so we already know there is no SK.

vote Hando

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Also, why did you vote Hando?

The reasoning above your post doesn't seem to ahve anything to do with your vote.

Omni

BRoomer
going to look back at the players who not actively spoke out against Omis and Riddle (me and Kevin respectively) but rather simply nudged, planted seeds of doubt, or made votes based on previously construed statements

if anyone isn't down with a hando lynch, speak up and say why

Omni

BRoomer
Riddle, claim and I might keep my vote off you.
First of all, I never said I was above reasoning. I just said I don't feel like actually posting them. There is a difference.
Then he votes Riddle immediately after Kevin dies.

Cool story, bro.
Reply to Riddle's argument on him.

Yes, children, listen and learn from my bad example. Don't become one of me until you can become one with the scum.
stupid and unhelpful

No Hando is acting like Hando. You on the other hand, are acting scummy.

vote: Riddle
Possible tie to Hando if/when Hando flips scum. Passing Hando's behavior as okay.

I said ignore Hando for today, not for good.
Another possible tie to Hando if Hando flips scum.

With KevinM coming up as a townie, you seem to quickly switch targets on someone Riddle. Thought you'd at least discuss the death or the flavor of it before going after someone. Prettttty hasty there >>
planting a seed of doubt without making any point. pay attention that he talks about discussing flavor

Omni, don't look at the flavor too hard. Think of the content in general and reason as to why KevinM was a target.
ok, rockin, but hey but you wait... you just said lets not talk about flavor and now you're thinking he'd at least discuss flavor? fine, no more flavor talk oh wait

I mean, Sephiroth was a No. 1 legendary soldier. Makes sense in my book
at this point, there are too many reasons why lynching Hando will be beneficial:
1.) hando being directly or indirectly connected to a few players
2.) hando's constant unhelpfulness with meaningless posts
3.) hando's intentional coasting
4.) hando's voting pattern (everyone vote so far has been a bandwagon vote since D1)
5.) hando's lack of contribution regarding anything related to the game

as opposed to riddle:
1.) possibly cloud strife. no cc's and claiming main protagonist
2.) being lynched based of scumminess that = mistakes in typing, skimming, and logic all together
3.) contributing and making a solid defense (whereas Chaco says he's "flailing" wtf)

Vote: Hando

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright Riddle.

Unvote;Vote:Hando

He'll be todays play then I guess, I think it is I'll advised. However it beats no lynch.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I would just like to note, in retaliation to FF's claim that Sephi fits best as indy and barely as mafia, this is not necessarily true. First off, this is the entire continuity, including the movies, so his allies could easily be those weird thugs from the movies (I can't remember any names, sorry), so he could be mafia. In addition, so long as they only get one daykill, it does seem powerful, but there could be drawbacks we don't know about in order ot balance it. My point is Sephi could easily be mafia, just as he could easily be indy. "Ok," you say, "What's your point Ronike? Who cares, he's scum either way?" This is true, however, I do have a point. In the games, Sephi can exert some amount of control over Cloud due to their being linked by their Genova genes. This seems like an easy way for Tom to throw a wrench in name claiming to me, so Riddle ain't clear in my mind.

However, I will agree Riddle shouldn't be the lynch target anymore. Hando deserves that honor.

Vote: Hando

Omis

my friends were skinny
unvote riddle vote hando
Gurr just like on day1 I dont feel comfortable lynching a major claim with so little time left. Hando does have some other ties to players so if he did scum we could get so other info on other people.
And yes Riddle making loads of mistakes is a scum tell. No joke.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Omis I would appreciate it if you told me the reason for your claim that making mistakes is a scum tell. The fact that you say it is means nothing.

Omni

BRoomer
I would just like to note, in retaliation to FF's claim that Sephi fits best as indy and barely as mafia, this is not necessarily true. First off, this is the entire continuity, including the movies, so his allies could easily be those weird thugs from the movies (I can't remember any names, sorry), so he could be mafia. In addition, so long as they only get one daykill, it does seem powerful, but there could be drawbacks we don't know about in order ot balance it. My point is Sephi could easily be mafia, just as he could easily be indy. "Ok," you say, "What's your point Ronike? Who cares, he's scum either way?" This is true, however, I do have a point. In the games, Sephi can exert some amount of control over Cloud due to their being linked by their Genova genes. This seems like an easy way for Tom to throw a wrench in name claiming to me, so Riddle ain't clear in my mind.
that's nice and all, but it would probably be best if everyone ignored this entire paragraph.

the most important aspect of riddle claiming cloud, ronike, is the fact that he hasn't received any cc's. if scum claimed cloud strife there's a high possibility that the real town cloud strife would cc and riddle would be auto-lynched. scum wouldnt sacrifice a piece in order to reveal a person's name not knowing what their role is. scum would most likely only cc near lylo or mylo.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Definitely Unvote: Riddle following that claim. I may well move to Hando, but I'm not sure on him yet, and definitely not putting a vote down without seeing a vote count. Also, I need to look into his name-claim. As someone who hasn't played FF7, I'm not sure how well that claim fits.

Omni

BRoomer
before i say anything about Hando's claim, i'd like to hear from a few other people first.

i'm curious to hear their impressions

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

planting a seed of doubt without making any point. pay attention that he talks about discussing flavor

ok, rockin, but hey but you wait... you just said lets not talk about flavor and now you're thinking he'd at least discuss flavor? fine, no more flavor talk oh wait

I said don't focus the flavor 'too hard.' Meaning, you can talk about the flavor, but don't use it as your main arguement. You expected the sk's flavor is suppose to have a 'grusome death,' when it isn't really true at all. The point of the matter was that Kevin's dead and it was by someone name Sephiroth. That is all. Anything else such as how badly he died or what he did is totally unimportant.

In anycase, I'm not gonna fully agree with Riddle's claim. Again, it's a character that anyone could possibly claim. And because no one didn't cc him is bs, Omni. No one didn't cc you and you claimed doc AND Aeris.

Omni

BRoomer
I said don't focus the flavor 'too hard.' Meaning, you can talk about the flavor, but don't use it as your main arguement. You expected the sk's flavor is suppose to have a 'grusome death,' when it isn't really true at all. The point of the matter was that Kevin's dead and it was by someone name Sephiroth. That is all. Anything else such as how badly he died or what he did is totally unimportant.

In anycase, I'm not gonna fully agree with Riddle's claim. Again, it's a character that anyone could possibly claim. And because no one didn't cc him is bs, Omni. No one didn't cc you and you claimed doc AND Aeris.
talking about the flavor of death is not making it my main argument. it is a logical assumption that nearly all sk kills are flavored with gruesome deaths. there are more facts that i will reveal right before we hammer, Hando.

so you're not going to agree with Riddle's claim because... it is a character that anyone could possibly claim? so you are saying that if Riddle claimed a random nobody you would feel more inclined to believe them? i also didn't claim doc, Rockin. i claimed town helper and specifically said i still believe the true doc is still out there

answer my previous question: what do you think of hando's claim? don't just focus on not believing Riddle's claim and ignore hando's current claim

and what makes u think no one cc'ing is bs

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

so you're not going to agree with Riddle's claim because... it is a character that anyone could possibly claim? so you are saying that if Riddle claimed a random nobody you would feel more inclined to believe them? i also didn't claim doc, Rockin. i claimed town helper and specifically said i still believe the true doc is still out there
Well, there's really more to it then that. I feel that Riddle could be the possible Seph sk, and is just using cloud claim as a way to cover himself. And really, you can't really claim a 'nobody' in this game. Every character has some form of importantance in the game. I'm just going along with a bit of gut feeling and how people has been playing.

At first, I thought Hando was just being silly and just nameclaiming a made up character, however after a quick look, I see this character. Not really sure to believe it. I know who she is and what game she was involved in. I can PROBABLY buy this, however it's slim. I'm not fully convince, because of how he's playing, but meh....guess it's 50/50 or 60/40 (60 being I don't really believe it).

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Definitely Unvote: Riddle following that claim. I may well move to Hando, but I'm not sure on him yet, and definitely not putting a vote down without seeing a vote count. Also, I need to look into his name-claim. As someone who hasn't played FF7, I'm not sure how well that claim fits.
Her name is Dr. Shalua Rui. She helps assist Vincent and Reeve (who spys as Cait Sith) in the event of Dirge of Cerberus (which takes place a year after Advent Children I believe...). She's a scientist who's helping Reeve fix up the damage Migar as well as assisting the resistance. She's also on a personal quest to find her sister, who she got seperated from. The woman finds a good amount of detail about Vincent.

Omni

BRoomer
Well, there's really more to it then that. I feel that Riddle could be the possible Seph sk, and is just using cloud claim as a way to cover himself. And really, you can't really claim a 'nobody' in this game. Every character has some form of importantance in the game. I'm just going along with a bit of gut feeling and how people has been playing.

At first, I thought Hando was just being silly and just nameclaiming a made up character, however after a quick look, I see this character. Not really sure to believe it. I know who she is and what game she was involved in. I can PROBABLY buy this, however it's slim. I'm not fully convince, because of how he's playing, but meh....guess it's 50/50 or 60/40 (60 being I don't really believe it).
this doesn't make any sense.

if riddle was possible sk seph then the real cloud just needs to cc. we lynch riddle and put a doc protect on cloud more than likely. stop saying what you "feel" and what your "gut" is saying and look at the facts and the proven scenarios.

so you can "probably" buy it, but you're not sure if you want to believe it, but you're leaning on not believing it 60 and you're not fully convinced. i'll be more specific with you so answer these questions:

1.) whos claim do you believe more and why? be specific.
2.) what makes you think cc'ing is bs as you said earlier

there are plenty of "nobodies" to claim, rockin. by nobody it means players who are not key or influential. it is impossible that this game will not have sephiroth or cloud in it but it is always possible for smaller characters to not be included.

instead of going with your gut feeling, how about you tell us all in words so we dont misinterpret your gut feeling for "attempting to protect scum"

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

1.) whos claim do you believe more and why? be specific.
2.) what makes you think cc'ing is bs as you said earlier
1) I guess compared to the two, it's Hando's. Riddle has been a bit scummy and suspicious with his posts of mistakes and I'm taking them over the fact on how Hando plays (which again, is not only hard to read cause he plays this in either alignment, but it's more over the fact that Hando is being annoyingly unhelpful and not just plain suspicious).

2) because of the usefulness of the said roles. A Mafia could claim 'doc' and there's a good chance the real doc won't come out cause they'll just get auto night killed. It's a bad trade off if the mafia decides to bus in one of their members (granted, they do want to do their best to keep all of the members intact.) I dunno...it's good to cc, but on important roles that we need, some members may not want to cc cause they'll just be a big target.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i was hoping for more from chill

hando can still die. anything with "doctor" in it can

Omni

BRoomer
1) I guess compared to the two, it's Hando's. Riddle has been a bit scummy and suspicious with his posts of mistakes and I'm taking them over the fact on how Hando plays (which again, is not only hard to read cause he plays this in either alignment, but it's more over the fact that Hando is being annoyingly unhelpful and not just plain suspicious).

2) because of the usefulness of the said roles. A Mafia could claim 'doc' and there's a good chance the real doc won't come out cause they'll just get auto night killed. It's a bad trade off if the mafia decides to bus in one of their members (granted, they do want to do their best to keep all of the members intact.) I dunno...it's good to cc, but on important roles that we need, some members may not want to cc cause they'll just be a big target.
big targets = doc targets. you're too focused on roles. a 1/1 trade for scum and doc is never a good trade for mafia during the early days. this is why you won't hardly ever see scum cc early and that's why claims are more believable at that point. for example, d1 cop for some reason claims, scum ccs. if we're lucky/good we lynch mafia. cop does not auto-die n1 since he becomes a huge doc target. that's just an example but there are plenty of scenarios that consist of wifom that works this situation in favor of town in regards to early cc's.

enough about that though. i'm upset that your research was only limited to revealing the good side of Hando and not the obvious bad side. your story is Dr. Shalua during Dirge of Cerebrus; this is Dr. Shalua in regards to FF7 (which is essential since it involves AVALANCHE):

"Shalua appears in Episode 21 in Corel Prison, searching for Shelke, who had been taken by the Turks to be a SOLDIER candidate. She had joined with AVALANCHE to fight Shinra, but eventually found that organization too twisted under Fuhito to continue working for. At some point under AVALANCHE, she was given serious injuries, but was saved by underground doctors. She briefly helps the player Turk, but then leaves. As she leaves, she promises to never forgive AVALANCHE.

It is revealed that Shalua is the one who made Barret's Gun-Arm, and that she still has her left eye.
"

For those of you who don't know, AVALANCHE is the group that was made to fight against Shinra that consisted of key players like Tifa, Barret, Biggs, and Wedge.

Also, note that in Tifa's (Kevin's) flavor that it seems like the destruction is AVALANCHE is a main goal.

“You can't believe you... You took everything from me... but you can't stop us. AVALANCHE will live on."

“You are half right," Sephiroth smirked. "I will take back this planet, and soon, you will live again as a part of me.”

confirming that sephiroth killed tifa. Sephiroth is an enemy of AVALANCHE. confirming that Tifa's allies are more AVALANCHE members.

confirming that sephiroth, regardless of being, mafia or sk, has a daykill (look at the url)

Ronike

Smash Ace
that's nice and all, but it would probably be best if everyone ignored this entire paragraph.

the most important aspect of riddle claiming cloud, ronike, is the fact that he hasn't received any cc's. if scum claimed cloud strife there's a high possibility that the real town cloud strife would cc and riddle would be auto-lynched. scum wouldnt sacrifice a piece in order to reveal a person's name not knowing what their role is. scum would most likely only cc near lylo or mylo.
WRONG SIR!

Although I agree it is perhaps not the best time to consider it, I am indeed going to consider it because it comes to mind now, and I don't want to forget it, nor do I want to bring it up later and be called scum for "not bringing it up earlier"

I never said that mafia was FAKE claiming Cloud, quite the opposite. I am saying riddle IS cloud, but could in fact BE mafia and Cloud all at once. Precedent and examples:

FE Mafia (Precedent [i.e: actually happened]): Godfather was Ephiram, one of two main lords of the then new FE: The Sacred Stones. He could at best be called a bad *** (pushing it), nothing close to a heroic villain, or even an anti-hero. He was good guy thru and thru in the game, and yet he was the godfather of that mafia game.

Yugioh Mafia (example [i.e: Doesn't exist at this time]): Seto Kaiba is an a fairly comparable situation to Cloud. Both have done a lot of good, but both have helped out the bad guy a fair amount of times, whether willingly or not. If I were to make this game, I honestly would feel comfortable casting Kaiba (or in this case Cloud) as either Town or Mafia, at the very least in order to mess up a nameclaim, which breaks mafia games.

Rockin's Sleepover Mafia (Precedent): Peach was the Godfather and Zelda was a Mafia Traitor with her own agenda. Have either of those characters ever seemed evil to you? No. It thru off nameclaims.

Anyways, my point is, making a good guy a bad guy has been done before. Sometimes the mod does it to mess up name claims, some times the mod does it because they hate/like that character. Sometimes doing it makes sense, sometimes it doesn't. My point is not only does it make sense from a mod standpoint, but it also makes a decent amount of sense from a cannonical point.

Try actually reading the whole thing AND what you quoted this time Omni.

Omni

BRoomer
i concede to your point. i think is misinterpreted but i don't deny that cloud could be a mafia character.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Is babyjesus helpful?
NOT HELPFUL

That's pretty much the only argument against me at the moment.

This game has gotten lawltastic.

Also, stop trying to break the game through nameclaims and/or looking at URLs. The one you quoted only proved that the picture was going to be used for a daykill, not anything specific otherwise. Tom told me in Disney mafia, someone thought they broke the game cause they figured out that the pictures linked to his photobucket and picture claiming was allowed, well he told mafia he would upload any picture they wanted and type up a PM. It's going to lose town this game.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Funny thing to for a guy defending himself with naught but a nameclaim to say. And I'm not trying to break the game with nameclaims, rather quite the opposite, I'm trying to show reasons why people shouldn't try to break the game with name claims rather than just saying don't do it

however, it can easily be assumed that lynching the main character of an entire franchise is likely to be more risky than lynching a side character from a side game, wouldn't you agree? Especially when the player of the latter never contributes anything useful.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Funny thing to for a guy defending himself with naught but a nameclaim to say. And I'm not trying to break the game with nameclaims, rather quite the opposite, I'm trying to show reasons why people shouldn't try to break the game with name claims rather than just saying don't do it

however, it can easily be assumed that lynching the main character of an entire franchise is likely to be more risky than lynching a side character from a side game, wouldn't you agree? Especially when the player of the latter never contributes anything useful.
I never said you were the one that was trying to break the game. I'm pretty sure it is obvious who is

And my only defense isn't just my name claim, unless you see it like that.

But my name claim doesn't go against "this will break the game if I do it"

Riddle

Smash Lord
Coasting is scummy wheter you believe it or not. Town greatly benefits from discussion and coasting detracts from conversation. Scum have a very specific reason to coast. Even if you are town, which I doubt you are, then you are the most unhelpful townie evar.

Nobody has explained to me what makes mistakes scummy. I agree that mistakes are annoying or frusturating or unhelpful, but scummy? I fail to see it.

Omni

BRoomer
not trying to break the game, hando.

you just haven't done squat up to this point. now you're lecturing us?

are you saying our reason for lynching you isn't justified? we've wanted you dead way before you claimed.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ridle, think of mistakes as slips. Slips are scum tells.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Ronike concerning Sephy being Indy or Maf:

You're right, I completely forgot about the 3 Advent Children dudes. Loz, Kadaj and Yazoo. Any combination of those guys with Sephy could make an easy Mafia bunch. Touche sir.

Concerning Hando's Claim:

I'm definitely not very inclined to believe Hando's claim. That character is so minor, she could easily serve as a provided safeclaim. Even if she isn't, she would definitely be a good pick for a mafiat to pick to avoid CC's.

While I am sympathetic to the argument that Cloud has the potential to be cast as scum, I'm much less inclined to believe that to be true than I am that Hando is fake claiming. Yes, Cloud was manipulated at many points throughout the game, but the fact that he also serves as the series major protagonist creates too much clash with him and the game's many antagonists to cast him as a mafiat IMO. Not discounting the possibility entirely, just doubting the likelyhood here.

Furthermore, Omni has brought a very compelling case concerning all of the links Hando has left behind in this game. For what little he has done, we can learn a surprising amount depending on what he flips. With the deadline so near, considering our current lynch pool, I feel he is our optimal play.

How many votes does he have atm? I'd vote him now but I don't want to end the day prematurely with an accidental hammer.

Top Bottom