• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Big loads of textures, happy hour. DL links are up, including the previously submitted textures.
No i probably won't mirror them as I do not need to make another account, sorry for the inconvenience.

Finally got time to finish off my Elvis Texture. Rock 'n Rollllllll

Megaupload

Here's a simple recoloring I whipped up of Olimar, I felt bad that not many people do textures for him, so I contributed :)

Megaupload

Emeralds are easier than you think.

Megaupload

Needing one more snake texture, I just threw in another emerald.
Suppose to be a fractal image that had bright saturated colors, but the white ion the center was too big and thus getting this silver surfer-like snake.

Megaupload

Not happy with the result I retried making the core center of the edge to be smaller, and now i get this Igneous Magma look, used a different image.

Megaupload

Red Camo. Strange but, whatever.

Megaupload

Jigglypuff & Tophat
Someone did this already, but the DKL Link got destroyed so i remade one myself.

Megaupload

Leopard Skin!

Megaupload

Zebra Stripes

Megaupload

Seeing an existing Wireframe for ZSS, i wanted a wireframe Samus too!

Megaupload - PCS
MU froze when i uploaded the PAC, just use smashbox or brawlbox to make a PAC.

here are some older ones I never uploaded where all I did was throw in a load of photoshop filters

Diddy: Posterized to look Simplified

Megaupload

DK: Thresholded: Madworld Look

Hallelujah Megaupload

Falco: Ink Outlines & threshold combined. Reminds me of the ink filter in SF4.

Megaupload

ROB: Threshold only.

Megaupload

a -_- face.

Megaupload

GW color set - i don't remember if you need the pac, but again, just use smashbox or brawlbox and that'll take care of it.

Megaupload

Don't worry if you feel you DLing something else I put in cheesy comments.
they don't got a full view because these were the pics i used to make my CSPs, don't hate :)

BTW: here's that jackal texture you're looking for.
Megaupload

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I guess I'll post this here too, for the heck of it. XD

From KC:MM

Some guy at ESH made a Fire Sonic texture, but it was rather...bland and off, even for a recolor. The red was too pall, the eyes weren't gold, and the shoes were the wrong color. So out of boredom, I decided to make a better one and use the Super Sonic animation that Chaos managed to bring about in order to give more of a "Fire Sonic" feel. :3

I had the make the shoes' textures completely white in order to make it look ev en close, but even after taking the pink overlay off the shoes, the shade is off. It'll be lighter or dark depending on the stage's lighting. Sometimes it may have a tint of another color, like so. :< Still looks pretty good though. :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?ydgjiwyneik

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I guess I'll post this here too, for the heck of it. XD

From KC:MM

Some guy at ESH made a Fire Sonic texture, but it was rather...bland and off, even for a recolor. The red was too pall, the eyes weren't gold, and the shoes were the wrong color. So out of boredom, I decided to make a better one and use the Super Sonic animation that Chaos managed to bring about in order to give more of a "Fire Sonic" feel. :3

I had the make the shoes' textures completely white in order to make it look ev en close, but even after taking the pink overlay off the shoes, the shade is off. It'll be lighter or dark depending on the stage's lighting. Sometimes it may have a tint of another color, like so. :< Still looks pretty good though. :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?ydgjiwyneik
Darn it !! XD you ninja'd my texture ;-;
Hmm, oh well but I hope I make a PSA for him when I know how to :p

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Darn it !! XD you ninja'd my texture ;-;
Hmm, oh well but I hope I make a PSA for him when I know how to :p
3 guys over at KC:MM already beat ya to it. It'll be done Friday or Saturday. XD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Fire Sonic reminds me of my own Sonic texture. However, the eye iris is different in color, and of course, my texture has a bit of a purplish tint at times.

My Red Sonic

Fire Sonic

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The Fire Sonic reminds me of my own Sonic texture. However, the eye iris is different in color, and of course, my texture has a bit of a purplish tint at times.

My Red Sonic

Fire Sonic
One red hedgehog reminds you of another...So red hedgehog is red?

...Yeah, kinda figure buddy. XD; Oh, but if you're implying that I edited your texture, then sorry to say no dice on that theory. I snagged the red for this texture from Perfect Nazo. XD

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
besides darkspine someone should make more racing striped sonics.

Tho im not a sonic fan it suits the theme ever so well.

black racing stripes on a yellow body. *drools*, always reminds me of a car.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
besides darkspine someone should make more racing striped sonics.

Tho im not a sonic fan it suits the theme ever so well.

black racing stripes on a yellow body. *drools*, always reminds me of a car.
I just hope in that he is a guest character in the next installment of Burnout Series lol

Here's my first texture:
(display only, but I will make a DLable texture similar to this)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One red hedgehog reminds you of another...So red hedgehog is red?

...Yeah, kinda figure buddy. XD; Oh, but if you're implying that I edited your texture, then sorry to say no dice on that theory. I snagged the red for this texture from Perfect Nazo. XD
I'm not too strict on if you take my texture ideas, so you're okay if you did use my texture for your edits. However, if you do edit my textures, please give me credit for making the textures in the first place.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Does anyone have a good Raichu texture? StackSmash is down and KC-MM doesn't have one.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
This will be released after I make some adjustments....

@RandomTBush: How did you change the mappings to do that?
Maybe I can put an eyepatch on someone.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
@RandomTBush: How did you change the mappings to do that?
Maybe I can put an eyepatch on someone.
You will need a 3D modeling program for it, but I'll explain for anyone that wants to attempt it.

1. Open the model you want to modify the UV mappings for.
2. Click on the polygon and set up whatever it is that will modify the UV mappings (Unwrap UVW for 3DS Max).
3. Modify the UV mappings as you normally would, then export the results as a DAE again.
4. Use BrawlBox to search through the UV Points of the model until you find one with the same amount of entries as there are vertices in the polygon cluster. Export it to an MDL0 afterwards.
5. Open up the DAE you exported in in Notepad or any other text editing program, and search for "polygon##-mesh-map-channel1", where the ## is the number of the polygon you edited the UV mapping for.
6. Convert 2/3 of those values into a hexadecimal "float" value. Don't convert every third value (which is always "0"), as they're not used. And obviously, the more vertices the polygon cluster has, the more values you have to convert...
7. Open up the MDL0 in a hex editor, and then go to the decimal offset of the UV Points cluster, then jump ahead 64 bytes.
8. Input all of the hex values for the UV mapping, and save the MDL0.
9. Import the MDL0 back into BrawlBox and preview the model. If it's done correctly, your model should reflect the changes.

Oh, and a bit of a tip. If the textures are upside down for whatever reason, make every even value (for the Y offset) a negative value (so the first digit would be a B instead of a 3, for example). I made that mistake when I tried to split the UV mapping for the Ice Climbers the first time.

mofo_

Smash Ace
maybe he should keep the regular fur. the jacket by itself would look nice and since his fur is already blue it would match and not be problem

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Now that uni's over, i'm making textures again. I've got two new ones up, one avaliable for download, the other for Bunny unless enough people want it I guess.

Taokaka Ice Climbers
Based off the character Taokaka from Blazblue.

KISS Kirby
Gene Simmons as Kirby, plus Kirby Hats for every character except for Fox and Samus.

mofo_

Smash Ace
cool, nice idea, maybe make different designs for the other band members
or make a series of KISS textures of other characters

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Pretty Sick joker DK! Check out the batch i put out like 1 or 2 pages before.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Top Bottom