• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big PSA List thread *updated 02/16/10*

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
If I use Requirement 0B (Hit with Hitbox), do I need to use the first, second, or third If statement?

Do I need to refer to the hitbox ID at all?

Would I put it before or after the Terminate Collisions?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
If I use Requirement 0B (Hit with Hitbox), do I need to use the first, second, or third If statement?

Do I need to refer to the hitbox ID at all?

Would I put it before or after the Terminate Collisions?
I suggest using Change Action with that requirement. Ifs have never worked with it for me.

It's just 0B, by the way, no values involved. You'd put it right with the actual hitbox (before Terminate Collisions).

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I'm having trouble with event 08000100. I want to make it so that Toon Link's up-B is the same on the ground and in the air (that is, he rises off the ground if he uses it on the ground), but when I tried to set event 08000100 to 5 in both the action and the sub-action, and then added momentum to lift upwards (using event 0E010200), he was still stuck to the stage. Any ideas?
Why don't you just swap the ground action with the air action.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
If you slow down the frames with the Frame Speed Modifier, does that apply to Main, GFX, SFX, and Other all at once, or only the sections that you put it in?

Also, if you use the Frame Speed Modifier and slow the frames down to half speed but change the timers to 0.5 frames instead of 1, does it happen every one frame with half speed animation?

P.S. Kind of strange discovery - LA Bit[0] controls if you're alive or not or something. Setting it to true will kill you. You just disappear and then appear on the respawn platform.

shanus

Smash Hero
I *think* i figured out how upB movement is determined for all characters which allow directional movement.

Set RA-basic[0]=IC-Basic[196 (24004)]
0D00200 0-9, 2-XXXXXXXX where XXXXXXXX is a pointer to a subroutine

In XXXXXXXX:
12040100 5-20000000 (the variable you set equal to IC Basic)

This is entirely untested, but might be a way the game injects joystick measurements into momentum.

I need confirmation from people, though.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If you slow down the frames with the Frame Speed Modifier, does that apply to Main, GFX, SFX, and Other all at once, or only the sections that you put it in?

Also, if you use the Frame Speed Modifier and slow the frames down to half speed but change the timers to 0.5 frames instead of 1, does it happen every one frame with half speed animation?

P.S. Kind of strange discovery - LA Bit[0] controls if you're alive or not or something. Setting it to true will kill you. You just disappear and then appear on the respawn platform.
It effects all of them.

And yes.

Shanus and I discovered another two offsets.

0E060100 seems to enhance any upward momentum you have by continuously adding a fixed amount when the value is at 1. It creates a kind of a Fox's fair type of effect without the stall at the end. However there's a downside, you can't stop it.
At value 2, this prohibits any horizontal influence on your character while the move is playing.

0E070100 stops 0E060100 lol. You have to make sure you set them to the same value or else this won't do anything.

Normally 0E060100 wouldn't really be noticeable unless you gave it like 30 frames, but I've found it's still somewhat realistic and noticeable at 5. So uh, yeah, maybe that'll be useful to you :V

shanus

Smash Hero
I figure this would be useful for people across the board.

As you may know if you ever played with hitbox bubble mode in Melee, an appreciable number of attacks and actions have selected body parts invulnerable (actually, intangible) during execution. This essentially gives some moves more effective range and priority by temporarily disabling one or more of a charcter's hurtboxes from being hittable by other hitboxes. This same mechanic exists in Brawl and has been sitting rather obviously in PSA, although it is currently not in the list of premade events.

Each unique "event" in a PSA line has an 8-digit code. PSA simply has a premade list of events in plain English for our convenience, but is still using an 8 digit code that is particular to an event if you look at the text boxes while scrolling through them. The box next to the OK/Cancel button can be used to call upon an event manually via entering the 8-digit code.
--------
The 8-digit code for editing a "Bone Collision" is 06080200. Upon entering this line, you will see the numerical code itself and not a text-named event as it is not recognized by PSA's premade list of events. The line will appear as such with 2 parameters to edit, "06080200: 0-XX, 0-Y" where XX is the bone of interest, and Y is the type of body collision. I personally have not seen any Y values set to anything other than 2, which is the intangible bone collision.

06060100: 0-0, is the command that resets all bone collisions to normal. One can also reuse the Bone Collision code and set parameter 2 to a normal bone collision to revert individual bones. These should be used in conjunction with Synchronous/Asynchronous Timers just like offensive collisions.

Example attacks that can be observed in PSA of having such an effect are Zelda/Sheik's Dsmash, Peach's Usmash/utilt, Fox and Falco's Usmash and Dsmash, etc.
thanks ryoko :p

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It effects all of them.

And yes.

Shanus and I discovered another two offsets.

0E060100 seems to enhance any upward momentum you have by continuously adding a fixed amount when the value is at 1. It creates a kind of a Fox's fair type of effect without the stall at the end. However there's a downside, you can't stop it.
At value 2, this prohibits any horizontal influence on your character while the move is playing.

0E070100 stops 0E060100 lol. You have to make sure you set them to the same value or else this won't do anything.

Normally 0E060100 wouldn't really be noticeable unless you gave it like 30 frames, but I've found it's still somewhat realistic and noticeable at 5. So uh, yeah, maybe that'll be useful to you :V
To expand on this, 0E040100 with a value of 1 seems to add horizontal momentum, but it isn't a continuous thing. It instead magnifies what you already have somewhat. 0E050100 cancels this. When 0E04 is set to 2, it accelerates instead of boosting. Again, you need 0E05 set to 2 to cancel this.

0E030100 with a value of 1 cancels all vertical momentum and forces it to restart from 0, prolly useful for DJC. It also does the same for horizontal.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
When you use the code to set gravity and momentum to zero, when does your gravity become normal again?

Can variables be used as offsets in graphic effects and hitboxes? (Because sometimes some work for me and I can't tell why)

Small side question: does anyone have a great idea for something that can be used Neku's psych glow from TWEWY? I've tried nearly everything... this question pertains specifically to the ring from Shockwave pins.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
When you use the code to set gravity and momentum to zero, when does your gravity become normal again?
It cancels all active gravity and momentum, meaning you restart with 0 momentum and slow acceleration downward.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman

Frame Speed Modifier slows down or speeds up everything. So, if you have GFX, hitboxes, sounds, whatever, attached to particular parts of an animation, they'll still show up at the right point in the animation. However, the sounds and graphic effects themselves will not be speeded up or slowed down.

On the same topic, timers can be given fractional values, which is useful if you're slowing down the animation and you still want some things to happen quickly. So if, for example, you want to take a really fast punch animation and make it slow and on fire, you could set the frame speed to a small fraction, then put fire animations on the hand, putting a fractional synchronous timer between each fire graphic.

Nice find, by the way. This'll take suicide moves to a whole new level. :chuckle:

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I haven't the slightest. What's really odd is that when I changed ThrownLw to something else, Link (the character I changed) would T-stance when a down-throw was used on him.

EDIT: the code is definitely only executed on your opponents though -- just re-tested it, and Zero, who has a Drop Item command on ThrownF, doesn't always drop his item when thrown forward.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of throws, what determines the way your opponent flies during a throw?

I'm talking about how Ness's back throw makes them arc over his head, or how some throws drill you into the ground, or how G&W juggles them.

Is it one of the unknown parameters?

If you move around with the momentum code while they are in your grasp, do they instantly break out, or can you move? I think there was a Shadow PSA whose back throw was warping in front of the opponent and kicking them backwards...

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
wouldn't that just be the angle of each hit?

and also, does anyone know ALL of the attributes that affect SH height? I think I might be missing some. I'm trying to make Marth's SH just slightly higher, but I want to know if I'm missing editing something, just in case.

Also, I Came back just for today. I promise I'll actually leave for good next time.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has already been asked and answered before, but I need a list of what items are what for the Generate Item command.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
On the subject of throws, what determines the way your opponent flies during a throw?
There's actually a bone on the character that the person being thrown follows. It's why no matter what, if you swap a throw animation with another animation, they'll be stuck in the ground or whatever.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
There's actually a bone on the character that the person being thrown follows. It's why no matter what, if you swap a throw animation with another animation, they'll be stuck in the ground or whatever.
Hmm... can you elaborate? What would I change to make someone move like Ness' back throw?

Or.. even like Ol' Melee Mewtwo's Uthrow?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I think there was a Shadow PSA whose back throw was warping in front of the opponent and kicking them backwards...
Sorry, but that isn't going to help you. That was mine, and all I did was copy Meta Knight's back throw into his ThrowB action. I'm not sure exactly how it works, half the time I try copying someone else's throw, it either freezes or does something really weird. That was one of the lucky ones, and I don't think he really teleported behind them in any event. He just disappears, the opponent moves to the stuck-in-the-ground position (which is behind the grabbed position, so it looks like they're moving backwards), then he reappears and kicks while they go flying out the back. Strung together, it creates a nice illusion but there isn't really any movement going on.

The only way I know of to create a new throw is either A: move swapping with another character's throw or B: making the 'throw' command immediately, then creating a series of fast, low-knockback hitboxes to 'guide' the opponent in the direction you want them to go, which is VERY difficult to do properly.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Can you say, "self destruct?" That would be sooooo awesome. Just have Captain Falcon do his (up taunt?) and tense up and then go POOOOOOOOWWWWWW and kill everything in a fiery Armageddon including himself.

...he just vaporizes... :O

Kirk

Smash Champion
Don't know if this was known yet, but I'll share what I found last night.

In the flag values for offensive collisions, there is a pair of numbers that seem to check whether or not your opponent is on the ground or in the air.

Like this:

3A831C42

From what I remember, the first number has to do with priority and the last three digits have to do with the graphic effect and sound effect of the attack.

That's all I really knew before, but I've come to find the bolded digits work in determining whether that particular collision bubble will appear or not given the condition of your opponent being on the ground or in the air.

In-game Examples:

Ike's Eruption: I found that there were two collision bubbles on the tip of the sword: both the exact same size and the exact same position. The only thing different were their flag values and the trajectory they sent opponents. One of the collision bubbles has a fire graphic, fire SFX, and sends them upwards, while the other bubble has no graphic, sword SFX, and spikes them downward. After much testing, the spiking bubble would only connect if the opponent was on the ground and the fire bubble would only connect if the opponent was in the air. They had flag values like this:

32810682 - Sword effect, spiking collision bubble.
32821085 - Fire effect collision bubble.

The noticeably different values are the ones I mentioned before. 10 and 21. I first tried swapping the flag values of these two collisions with positive results: The spiking collision now only worked on aerial opponents and the fire collision only effected grounded opponents. I then tried swapping these flag values with other attacks, such as a jab or a tilt. Results were promising: I made Ike's jab only connect with an opponent if they were on the ground and Ike's dash attack only connect with opponent who were in the air.

From looking at other attacks, these are some values I see:

10 - Offensive collision bubble will only be in effect if opponent is grounded.
21 - Offensive collision bubble will only be in effect if opponent is in the air.
22 - Offensive collision bubble will only be in effect if opponent is in the air.
11, 30, 31 - Offensive collision bubble will appear regardless of opponent's state.

Zelda's Dair - The strong hitbox lasts for 1 frame at the beginning of the attack, followed by the weak collision lasting for 10 frames after. The strong hitbox comes out on frame 14. If you use Zelda's Dair on a grounded opponent, you will NEVER see the strong hitbox, and the first frame the attack hits is on frame 15. It essentially skips that collision bubble entirely...it never shows. This collision had a flag value of 3BC220C3, the 22 being the determining factor as mentioned above. The weak hitbox appears later with flag values of 39830400.

Also found this in Ike's Aether. The part where Ike is plummeting downward, the sword sends opponents at a downward trajectory if they are in the air and in an upward trajectory if they are grounded.

So yeah, perhaps a longer explanation then what was needed, but I like to type sometimes. What I don't know yet is what other values in that position will cause, or whether they affect a different property. But I do know that these values work, and I can replicate the effect on any collision bubble.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand looking into Peachs Turnips. Someones taught me how to install the SmashAttacks! thing properly (<3 you...you know who you are lol) and I'm now trying to look into her Turnips

I think all the stuff with all the formulas on for her Turnips is Action 11E in the Specials bit. I would appreciate someone telling me if I'm right or not - this seems to be the right bit since it has reference to Sub Action 6 (ItemHandPick Up - does this mean the random items Peach plucks up?)

It also says something about Sub Action 1DE...which is called Fuwafuwa. What on earth is this lol? Stitchface possibly? Its been Animation Flagged to have an In Transition Time of 5 and its also set to have a Loop...again, what the heck is this all about?

I'm absolutely positive this section is for her Turnips since it has things which seem to relate both to item pick ups and Fuwafuwa (whatever that is) although strangley there seems to be 4 item pick up things when she only pulls up 3 different kinds of items. Maybe the 4th one corrosponds to her pulling up a Beam Sword and it having massivly gimped range?

It talks about Set Loop Infinite and stuff and I'm new to this so I'm still trying to get my head around it all but if anyone could help me with this I'd massively appreciate it. I really have no idea what all the numbers stand but what I mainly want to know is am I on the right tracks and am I looking at the correct thing? I realise I'm asking a lot but I'm pretty new to this sort of thing and I can't find much Peach related stuff in the PSA guides

Oh yea one last thing - theres a lot of repetition of this line of numbers 0C1C0200. The other 0CXXXXXX stuff (X just stands for any number, theres too many to be specific) seems to indicate some kind of sound, this wouldn't be the Turnip plucking sound would it? Theres also a lot of 02XXXXXX line of numbers, interestingly this is on the same area as the bit talking about Changing the Sub Action to =1DE aka Fuwafuwa...could they mean lots of changing variables or something? If Fuwafuwa is the stitchface could this be talking about different stuff that lets you pull up a Stitchface?

I'm so bad at this xD

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lol @ Stitchface.

FuraFura is sleeping.
FuraFura is sleeping...ok cool thats Sub Action C5

Fuwafuwa on the other hand...

Sorry the images are poor quality :x

So yea, any ideas?

Edit: Ignore me, I think its actually Floating, not Turnips xD Woops my bad
Anyone know where I can find Turnip info?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
K, I want to make it to where the bubble hack makes the hit box's of throws show, also pummel.
Here is what is listed:

070 CatchAttack
071 CatchCut
072 ThrowB
073 ThrowF
074 ThrowHi
075 ThrowLw
076 ThrownB
077 ThrownF
078 ThrownHi
079 ThrownLw
07A ThrownDxB
07B ThrownDxF
07C ThrownDxHi
07D ThrownDxLw

First off, what is catch attack and cut? One of the has to be pummel but what about the other?
Why are there 3 files to each throw?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Catch Attack is pummel. Catch Cut might be grab release. I think that the Thrown is for when the character is thrown, so you're only going to want to edit Throw

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I searched for quite a while and couldn't find it.

You know the flags in an offensive collision, what does each number do. I know the last 2 affect the element of the attack, but wha about the rest? I know it was just discovered that some number change weather the opponent is in the air or ground, but is there anywhere a list of other stuff affected by the flag. I mean, sound effect on hit (the reason a punch sounds diferent from a sword swipe when they hit the ennemy) must be in the flags.

I really don't know how such a list doesn't exist. Is it really complicated?

Thanks

Top Bottom