• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

legion598

Smash Ace
ya thats what I was thinking WD taunt OOS. Actually I think that falcons taunt should have an effect similar to puffs' sing were the opponent just doubles over in defeat and it has infinite stun time.

legion598

Smash Ace
ok so I Uthrow marth at like 30-35% and no matter how fast I am his Fair trades with my Uair and its not until like 40 that the Uair is fast enough but the Nairs seems to work at like 30% but he can DI out of that. So I was wondering when does Uair connect without trading after Uthrow on marth?

tubes

Smash Ace
Y are u uthrowing a marth? D throw him becuz he tends to go way 2 high if u u throw him.. hell i can dthrwo him at 0 then combo him to death...
If marth DI's away, he can escape Dthrow combos. If you Uthrow him, he can hit you before you do anything about it UNTIL you do about 30% damage to him. Then you can Nair-->****.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Looking for some critique on my Falcon versus Peach. Here are some videos:
Falcon (Proverbs) versus Peach (The Irish Mafia):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19tCI3NInos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCY9W9fp6jI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrdY-J4VrEY

Not my best, but probably me on an average day. I did pretty well for myself considering I won 6/9 matches, but I feel like I could have played the matches a good deal better and wasn't thinking critically about each move I made. Part of this is that I only have a vague idea of how to play the matchup. So any suggestions are helpful. Sorry about the audio.

Magus420

Smash Master
If you Uthrow him, he can hit you before you do anything about it UNTIL you do about 30% damage to him. Then you can Nair-->****.
If you can do something at 30% you can also do it at 25ish and inbetween since they have the same stun time. Stun on the u-throw increases by 1 every 6.80 damage or so and if it isn't stale the stun increases fall on 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 37, 44, 51, 58, 65, 71, 78, 85, etc before the throw. U-throw at 31% is noticeably better than at 30% since you get 1 more stun with very little difference in distance sent.

Turazrok

Smash Master
If you can do something at 30% you can also do it at 25ish and inbetween since they have the same stun time. Stun on the u-throw increases by 1 every 6.75 damage or so and if it isn't stale the stun increases fall on 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 37, 44, 51, 58, 65, 71, 78, 85, etc before the throw. U-throw at 31% is noticeably better than at 30% since you get 1 more stun with very little difference in distance sent.
How do you know all of this? You're like a walking book of frame data :bee:. No seriously how do you remember it all? Is there a frame bible out there?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
If you can do something at 30% you can also do it at 25ish and inbetween since they have the same stun time. Stun on the u-throw increases by 1 every 6.80 damage or so and if it isn't stale the stun increases fall on 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 37, 44, 51, 58, 65, 71, 78, 85, etc before the throw. U-throw at 31% is noticeably better than at 30% since you get 1 more stun with very little difference in distance sent.
This is why you are able to beat me with ness :(

Seriously though I would never have known there is a difference in a single percent its so hilarious :laugh:

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah your inner falcon will really appreciate a donation to charity, good **** mogwai

you can't do well with falcon though like it's just a nice gesture that'll make you feel good about yourself outside of smash, playing with falcon is setting yourself up for failure/disappointment

at least the crowd loves you

Turazrok

Smash Master
yeah your inner falcon will really appreciate a donation to charity, good **** mogwai

you can't do well with falcon though like it's just a nice gesture that'll make you feel good about yourself outside of smash, playing with falcon is setting yourself up for failure/disappointment

at least the crowd loves you
Why do you play him if you expect to lose?????? He's not that bad or he'd be low tier/etc. Although you probably know more than I do.:confused:

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo dont believe any of that bull**** bout this character being horrible when he has the strongest auto combos lol

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea to main falcon its mostly about predicting and mindgames

fox and falco are more auto combo ish

plus if they ever screw up they have the shine as back up

falcon has no back up

you screw up your dead

falcon mains are probably the smartest players in smash

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I thought about saying you cant do well with Falcon, but I knew Scar would say it in a funny way.
Also, Falcon autocombos? Can I have a list of these please, cause I wasn't aware these existed.

D

Deleted member

Falcon has a bag of tricks that you can fall back on (until they figure you out)

in my experience, when you face people who you simply cannot beat straight up, your only hope is to get lucky with favorable tech reads or confuse them using edge-cancels, platform wavelands from below, moon/sticky walks, scar jumps or extremely unsafe aggression like doing a kamikaze weak knee when they are off the stage, making you die if you miss

It's great in best of 3 series and for people more accustomed to "standard", safer styles. But sadly, playing a whack, gimmick falcon only works the first time against good players or in teams

to me at least

Top Bottom