• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
LOL @ "Mountain Combo" NES n00b I seen that ****, COT DAYUM! :laugh:
Falcon is so manly he climbs mountains and combos at the same time.

Any tips on ****** Marths that dd a lot and approach with dtilt?
Dash dance just like he does. You have a better dash dance in speed and length so abuse it. You can punish and wait for mistakes or predict when is going to jump for the shffl nair and nair him out of it. There is not too much to this match really besides don't get ***** and **** back.

Taffy

Smash Rookie
I need some help against Samus. I know its supposed to be a good match up for CF, but I have like no Samus experience.

More specifically, how do I approach a really campy one? I can't seem to punish any of her moves, and for some reason that spot dodge into d-smash screws me.

And any tips for edge guarding?

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
I need some help against Samus. I know its supposed to be a good match up for CF, but I have like no Samus experience.

More specifically, how do I approach a really campy one? I can't seem to punish any of her moves, and for some reason that spot dodge into d-smash screws me.

And any tips for edge guarding?

good games the other day :p I wouldn't say brennan is that campy
this doesn't turn into how do I know you it's Jamey
anyways

If they spot dodge alot using nair helps the second kick usually gets them if they spam missles run straight at them and nair your way thru up and over works too

if you ever block the dsmash you can just jump right out of sheild and knee her

I noticed you had some trouble killing him so the set up I use the most is at about 105-115 ish you can use dthrow to knee, and as lame as this sound Uptilt works really well if he recovers below hoping for the ledge and he tries to go above try uair or knee depending how you feel about it destroying their bombs messes them up but it is'nt a great idea to jump out too far vs samus

DD camping just doesn't work for me you gotta get in her face just be careful of her nair it comes out fast
-Hope this helps you out for next time =D

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
good games the other day :p I wouldn't say brennan is that campy
this doesn't turn into how do I know you it's Jamey
anyways

If they spot dodge alot using nair helps the second kick usually gets them if they spam missles run straight at them and nair your way thru up and over works too

if you ever block the dsmash you can just jump right out of sheild and knee her

I noticed you had some trouble killing him so the set up I use the most is at about 105-115 ish you can use dthrow to knee, and as lame as this sound Uptilt works really well if he recovers below hoping for the ledge and he tries to go above try uair or knee depending how you feel about it destroying their bombs messes them up but it is'nt a great idea to jump out too far vs samus

DD camping just doesn't work for me you gotta get in her face just be careful of her nair it comes out fast
-Hope this helps you out for next time =D
Helping him I see xD
GGs Taffy

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
lately ive been noticing that if you get the opponent into a position where you can knee him (either you just stomped them or down tilted) if he's only at like 60-70% where the knee wont kill....its better to do a stomp-> jab reset-> then knee...you get to add like 18% more before the knee and no one will tech the stomp because they are expecting a simple knee

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol yeah mach dash is crazy, i never taunt though so idk i think that's a defining characteristic of his playstyle

samus sucks dude just **** her. here's the deal, number 1 why are you approaching? don't do it unless it's a low tier, samus is borderline not low tier so if you approach her with your whack *** character you lose. so instead of approaching, run around since you're 45x faster than her and go for grabs, also camp your shield b/c most samuses don't grab and if she smash attacks / utilts your shield you can knee her OoS

of course falcon sucks too so samus wins the matchup like 90/10 but still, don't focus on combos bc they rarely work unless it's vs bad DI, get those dthrow knees (spacing on knee is stupid just throw it out there and see if it works), DON'T jump into nairs, DO spam aerials when she's dsmashing (knee or dair ***** her dsmash which is like her only move)

samus sucks

also vs falco NES n00b's advice was pretty solid, thumbs honestly just stop worrying about getting the hits and worry about not getting combo'd, eventually you'll see an opening and you'll take it, keep attacks coming and keep them safe, don't neglect approaching with knee (nair is more sophisticated but knee's brute force is far better if you're approaching recklessly)

also camp platforms and try to get those uairs, but his dair beats it so don't count on it. that's the name of the game. get experience and learn more to beat falco but seriously this is what i know, if you get impatient you lose, if you force approaches you lose, if you get hit you lose. so stay patient, don't approach stupidly, and DON'T get hit. if you do all those things and keep your eyes open you'll get a hit.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
doesn't a jab pick somebody up off the ground at that point?
and I tech stuff like that because one of my friends that plays also tries **** like that so I've been conditioned to be ready for it but yeah most people aren't gunna tech that
idk it's better to just uair if you aren'tgunna take the early knee IMO
and if they're DIing away from your uairs knee early and then they die because they flub their di

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I don't think they even need to SDI the jab at a % that high
maybe fox would have to but the majority of the cast will just pop up at that point
although just because they have the ability to escape doesn't mean they will, the whole scenario really relies on people not expecting it
and after the missed tech I can't think of many people who would expect the rest of that, lol
verdict: it probably works, although as of now I am a non believer

Scar

#HarveyDent
the point is if knee doesn't kill then dair jab does the same % and might lead to a knee afterwards

so it's worth it if you know the knee isn't going to kill

that said knee leads to edgeguard opportunities and also bad DI + knee = stock

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i meant like the combos scar

mach dash's whole combo video looked like you were playing

mach dash is like you +taunt's

legion598

Smash Ace
alright so I was watching scar vs shiz and was looking for things to do vs falco. I noticed 2 things that helped him alot kneeing spot dodges and WD OSS. So what I want to figure out is were are the holes in falcos pressure that give you enough time to WD out? and also when do falcos usually spot dodge? any other tips in this match up would be cool since right now falco is giving me more trouble than even shiek.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you can't really ask "when do falcos like to spot dodge" because its all about the player. Watch your opponent's movement and if he starts spot dodging your grab approaches, run up to him (like all the way up to him) and right when you get in his face sh in place and knee him out of his spot dodge. thats the first thing that came to mind.

i wouldnt suggest doing this unless you have the read though.

Brookman

Smash Hero
when falco shines you have plenty of time to jump out of your shield. the air dodge backwards will save you from getting hit by his nair/dair. If they start predicting it you can eat f smash though.

D

Deleted member

The number 1 noob habit of foxes and falcos is that after they side-b onto the stage and you run up to them,

300% of noobs will expect a grab and spotdodge where you can then simply knee in place

another way is to do the standard down/up-throw tech chasing but if it seems like you will not get there in time to grab them due to spot-dodge you can also simply knee in place

--

most foxes/falcos though that don't suck don't opt to be so predictable and will roll/shine/up-tilt but its something to keep in mind

D

Deleted member

same to you!

if only i was halfway good at falcon dittos, you raep me

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
lol i'm sorry, it's one of my better matchups :-p

i could tell from playing and watching you that you're hella good though. keep it up man and we'll play next time i go to socal

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
ive always had a problem with spacies shield pressuring me with crouching jabs up-tilts and waveshine do you just be patient and wait for the Grab?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I wouldn't ever try to shield grab a spacey really unless it is obvious it would work. I would suggest waiting for their grab attempts, attempted arials after uptilts spaced somewhat far away, and things of that nature. You can jump out nair some poor attempts at approaching shield during shield pressure or wd back if something wasn't spaced quite right. Other than that, you have to roll for tight pressure or wait for the hole to present itself for the oos arial/wd or shield grab attempt.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
when your being shield pressured, just roll or wd OoS, and run away

it makes things so much easier

puts you into a neutral position so you can bait something or idk do what you want

jc grab is totally different then shield grab

you should on try to grab if your sure your gonna get it, most of the time, its gonna be from them doing an aerial and you running away and jc grabbing them

you shouldnt try to run up and shield grab them because that means they can hit you

Top Bottom