• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Left 4 Scum] Game Over: Scum Win

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
  1. Each night phase, each infected player will be able to choose one survivor to incapacitate. If a player is incapacitated three times (on the same or separate nights, by the same or different infected players), they will die. You will not be told if two different infected players incapacitated someone during the same night, but both will count towards the target’s total allowed incapacitations.
uncap: The Marsh King

The possibility the The Marsh King was incapped twice is better than macman or hando getting incapped twice I think; so scum will have to risk losing another incap to finish off marshy by not knowing who should target him and multiple people targeting him or none of them target him at all resulting in a clear townie for a longer period of time. Both seem win-win to me.

Handorin

Smash Hero
A cleared Hando? hahaha. Oh man. When was the last time this happened?

Also, I think Marshy and I got our roles mixed up. xD

Anyways.

uncap: Marsh King
Vote: Xiivi

I still like the look of that lynch, at the moment.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marsh as our savior eh?
uncap MarshKing
Not sure who to vote for yet.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll most likely be uncapping MarshKing today, but will have to hear what our clears have to say. I don't think incaps are told how many they were hit, but I also agree with Xiivi that Marsh is the most likely to have been multi-incapped.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
uncap Marsh king, you guys. I love Macman and Hando, but Marshy's really valuable. Not that the others aren't. You know what I mean. Chaco, I get what you're saying completely, but town Marshy is awesome even though he'll probably just die tomorrow. We need to do our best to keep him as long as we can. Plus, KK could provide some good stuff. Two heads, like I said.

I'm too inibreated however you spell that) to be posting, but I think I need to elaborate on what I said before. I'm not uncincaping him, but I'm glad HAndo's clear. It helps a lot. I don't have to worry about him being weird. So I'm reallt glad they incaped him. I didn't think he was scum, but I'm glad he's not because he gave me a lot of trouble in Spidery Mafia. Now, that makes me feel better about Mayling too since I thought she might've have been defending Sold. But it was probablt just loyalty to people she knows. She's cool again mostly, but she needs to post more. About more people. Let's hear from the clears now.

Also since Vyse is clear, Mentos looks really clear to me. He kind of convinced me beore, but I was ready to get on his *** if Vyse flipped scum or if we no lynched. But there's no reason he would defend Vyse if he was scum and Vuyse wasn't. It could be scum trying to get brownie points by defending a townie but I'm feeling god about him. I don't have scum reads right now. Will be back tomorrow, hopefully.

ATTN LURKERS: We lynch you if you don't talk, as you can see. POST.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, so after some thought,

Uncap: MarshKing

No offense to the others, but it's two heads for the price of one, and one of those heads is Marshy.

Also, I was happy we only had 3 incaps last night. Hopefully one of the two who aren't getting incapped were the one with 2 hits, because that makes things one of the better N1 situations we could have hoped for. I gotta get to sleep, but I'll get something better together tomorrow or Sunday(work a good portion of the day tomorrow) when I have some time.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Uncup Marsh King
Easy pick for me.
Uncup? Looks like a fake vote to me.

Also since Vyse is clear, Mentos looks really clear to me. He kind of convinced me beore, but I was ready to get on his *** if Vyse flipped scum or if we no lynched. But there's no reason he would defend Vyse if he was scum and Vuyse wasn't.
What? Risking a NL doesn't clear mentos at all. Especially when he tries to look townie in the process by protecting / not voting a doomed survivor - only scum would know if Vyse really is or not.

Vote mentosman

Ronike

Smash Ace
I have a question for Cello, Mayling, Circus, Katefi, and Chaco:

Have any of you ever been scum before? Could you link me to the game if you have?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
What? Risking a NL doesn't clear mentos at all. Especially when he tries to look townie in the process by protecting / not voting a doomed survivor - only scum would know if Vyse really is or not.

Vote mentosman
As soon as circus posted, I thought the exact same thing. It incriminates him much more than it proves his innocence.

The possibility the The Marsh King was incapped twice is better than macman or hando getting incapped twice I think; so scum will have to risk losing another incap to finish off marshy by not knowing who should target him and multiple people targeting him or none of them target him at all resulting in a clear townie for a longer period of time. Both seem win-win to me.
I thoroughly support Xiivi statement.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uncup? Looks like a fake vote to me.

Vote mentosman
Your argument here(and Circus argument as well) would be a lot less pointless had I actually been arguing for the specific survival of Vyse. On the contrary, I was arguing that he had been V/LA and was back at that point, so with the fact that people were wanting to lynch someone to remove potentially inactive/worthless people from the incap pool, Vyse was the worst fitting choice for that. If you look, I never once argued that Vyse was a gg, I solely argued that the reason he was being picked for the lynch was wrong, especially since there were others who were inactive and NOT V/LA. Both you and Circus have made opposing points over something which was not the key point of why I argued the lynch. Risking a NL to say "no I think he's town" could look either way: Doing so because we were essentially voting someone for being V/LA(especially when there were other inactives around) is a different story.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I have a question for Cello, Mayling, Circus, Katefi, and Chaco:

Have any of you ever been scum before? Could you link me to the game if you have?
No. I'm like the anti-Iggy. I've never even been independent before.

Your argument here(and Circus argument as well) would be a lot less pointless had I actually been arguing for the specific survival of Vyse. On the contrary, I was arguing that he had been V/LA and was back at that point, so with the fact that people were wanting to lynch someone to remove potentially inactive/worthless people from the incap pool, Vyse was the worst fitting choice for that. If you look, I never once argued that Vyse was a gg, I solely argued that the reason he was being picked for the lynch was wrong, especially since there were others who were inactive and NOT V/LA. Both you and Circus have made opposing points over something which was not the key point of why I argued the lynch. Risking a NL to say "no I think he's town" could look either way: Doing so because we were essentially voting someone for being V/LA(especially when there were other inactives around) is a different story.
I think you (and possibly Gheb and Pythag) might be assuming more from my argument than I was actually trying to say. I do not think you are more clear now because you were arguing in favor of Vyse's towniness. I think you are more clear now because, if you were scum, it would be silly for you not to just go with the Vyse lynch. At the very least, I would not expect you to put up a fight. The more townies we lynch, the less work the scum have to do. It would be one thing if people were lynched by a plurality vote, but since we actually need a full majority to lynch, your last minute fight against the current had a legitimate chance of stopping the lynch. Since Vyse was town, scum would have no reason to do this unless they wanted town credit really badly. Am I wrong to feel so confident about you, Mentos?

And on that note, I'd be shocked if the Vyse lynch went through without scum help. So I'm looking at Vyse wagoners toDay.

Vote: Xiivi

I still don't see 4 infected survivors as an out-and-out fact. It is obviously possible that two of them incap'd the same person last Night and it might be more likely that it was Marsh King than either of the other two (though I don't know why they would want to clear Marshy to begin with), but if the results of last Night imply anything, it is that we are more likely to be working with 3 scum than 4. Xiivi, is there something you know that I don't that leads you to the knowledge that there are 4?

This partially applies to Ronike too since he was also quite adamant that there are 4. I'll have to go back and reread at some point to figure out why I started feeling Ronike was town.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Bro, you know I've been scum. Why do I need to link it...

I've been scum...uhm...6 times? Or more.

Chaco

Never Logs In
No. I'm like the anti-Iggy. I've never even been independent before.
He asked about scum. Scum =/= Indy

Also, I get what everyone means now. But I stand by keeping Mac, and I'm honestly supremely disappointed that others don't see the worth that I do.

But, since it's the will of the town. Recap: Mac, Uncap: Marsh King

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
He asked about scum. Scum =/= Indy
Yes, I'm aware. That's exactly why I said "No. ...I've never even been independent before." Although, to be fair, the mafiawiki definition of scum does include independents if I recall correctly. Any non-town force, really.

The point is, I've only ever been town.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The point is I trust Marshy's judgement a lot of the time and if Macman tunnels on something and is wrong he's no help to us.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It incriminates him much more than it proves his innocence.
Nah, that's a stretch.

I don't actually blame you for risking the NL. I only told Circus that you not voting for a townie =/= you clear. My vote against you is based on my suspicions from the previous day and Circus' statement confirms to me that there's a strong connection between you two.

:059:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Link it. Also, I also would like to ask the same of Pythag
Why link it?

Provide me good enough reason and I'll link games on here, or you could merely just dig up yourself.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Stop being a pain and just link it. Or tell me which game/s you've been mafia.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Ronike Newbie 3 is the only forum game I've played.

Also, Mayling is V/LA until Tuesday (I think). Tom mentioned that it may be a few days, but Tuesday is the specific day she should be back.

I'm not so sure about how we went about immediately starting to uncap Marsh King. Is this the precedent we want to set? The most potentially valuable person is uncapped and everyone else is screwed? Hando seems perky enough to keep involved, but I'm thinking Macman might just sit back and lament the lack of a D1 Ronike lynch. We won't get much information from our clears (present or future) if we don't at least dangle the carrot of hope in front of them.

On that note, a question to the clears. What would be more informative in your opinions; watching us talk, or putting forth your views? I think Marsh King wants more talking, and there's no reason for both of us to be waiting on the others.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Not quite sure what you're trying to get at it with the scum questions.
Diverting attention in an attempt to present himself as a pro town party, and also making weak meta arguments in the future.

Vote: Ronike

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
My thought process was operating under the assumption that there are four scum that most players have been operating under since Ronike first said there were four. Is there a reason that me approaching Day 2 with the same mindset I had at the end of Day 1 instead of changing it to "3 kills = 3 scum, looks like we were all being silly worrying about four scum." is scummy Circus?

Cello, you were worried about posting number crunching results from yesterday because it could reveal something to scum. What is your opinion on Mayling's #160?

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Also Vyse's flip makes me feel somewhat better about Circus. The use of 3 @Players between the two threw up a red flag for me. Especially with Vyse's "@Player" usage seeming forced.

This. I've actually been batting around the idea of KevinscuM posting his role early in an attempt to appear super townie, but I don't know how much weight there is to that thought since it seems like roleclaims would inevitably be deemed superfluous (as it appears we have agreed upon now). Surely Kevin would think of that, if he would even consider that tactic in the first place. But if that's not the reason for his claim, then it just seems arbitrary. Something to consider by people who are more intuitive than I, I suppose.

@Mayling: How do you feel about Ronike and Kevin respectively? What do their actions say to you?

@McFox: How serious is your suspicion of Gheb? You were on him before there was a wagon.

@Vyse: Posting your zombie apocalypse plans doesn't actually clear you. Speak up. Quiet players make me hella nervous.
Sorry sorry, been catching up on games the last two days :p

First of all, a quick lynch without MUCH discussion is a bad idea. We need to wait til everybody has some kind of record to be held accountable for here, otherwise the knowledge we get from tommorrow will be for naught.

What is the point of tommorrow if we have nothing to go on? If the day quickly, we'd start tommorrow still in a half RVS, half shooting in the dark play. I would really like to transition into informed arguements before we enter day 2.

@Circus: Do you disagree?

@Ronike: Do you disagree?

@Sold2: What did Sky Pirates ever do to you? Your airship get plundered or something when you were a kid?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Just link it. Is there any reason why you shouldn't?

@cell: oh right, I guess you're safe for now

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yes there is. Now just ****in do it. Its not like I'm asking who would you specifically incap, or something like that, I'm asking you to tell me which games you were scum in. Why can't you answer this? It doesn't provide any info to scum, and I'm saying I can get something from this, so just goddam link me already.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nothing of worth can come from this besides a crappy meta argument.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Look mate, WIFOM is legit at times, as is metaing. This is legit. Just link it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Uncap Count:
[0] Macman ()
[0] Handorin
[9] The Marsh King (Circus, Ronike, Gheb_01, Xiivi, Handorin, Pythag, KevinM, Mentosman8, Chaco,

[8] Not Uncapping (Mayling, The Marsh King, Kataefi, frozenflame751 Cello_Marl, Mediocre, McFox, Macman)

Vote Count:
[12] Not Voting (Mayling, Macman, mentosman8, Ronike, The Marsh King, Xiivi, Pythag, Kataefi, frozenflame751, KevinM, Cello_Marl, Mediocre)
[2] Ronike (McFox, Chaco)
[2] Xiivi (Handorin, Circus)
[1] mentosman8 (Gheb_01)
[0] Mediocre ()
[0] Circus ()
[0] frozenflame751 ()
[0] KevinM ()
[0] Kataefi ()
[0] Cello_Marl ()
[0] Gheb_01 ()
[0] McFox ()
[0] Handorin ()
[0] Macman ()
[0] Pythag ()
[0] Mayling ()
[0] Chaco ()

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Definitely should've lynched Ronike yesterday. I'd also be alright with a Circus lynch at this point.

I'd also like to hear from the incapped, since their opinions are more valuable than everyone else's right now.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Also, not sure where all the suspicion on "You think there's 4 scum!" is coming from. I've assumed that ever since I knew what the theme was and how many people there were, and not due to anything Ronike had said. Sure, we could have 3 scum, but I've been going for the entire game on the assumption that there's 4. So I'm not really sure where the "You think there's 4, you're scum" sentiments are coming from.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'd also like to hear from the incapped, since their opinions are more valuable than everyone else's right now.
theres not really any reason to contribute anymore because of this whack survivor win condition. So no matter what happens Hando and I have already lost the game =/

Top Bottom