• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 3 | Jungle Republic | Ovah. Who won?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Final Day Two votecount (17th)

----------

frozenflame751 (1) - Cello_Marl
Cello_Marl (2) - frozenflame751, Sold2
Sold2 (6) - SwordsRbroken, §teel, Tandora, -Hilt- Xiivi, Ronike
Not voting (1) - Mister Eric

----------

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Sold2, Werewolf, has been lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2. Please send me all actions by Thursday December 17, 11:59:59 PM EST

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You all wake up. -Hilt-'s dead.

-Hilt-, Townie, has been killed Night 2

----------

Day 3 begins. With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

A deadline has been set for the last second of Thursday, December 31, EST.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. Interesting. Hilt was very suspicious of Cello before he was NK'ed. Makes me think that Cello may be our other werewolf, but it's too WIFOMey to tell.

I'd like it if Cello did not tunnel like he did yesterday. We got lucky with our lynch on Sold2. So far it's been epic win for town. Let's keep it that way.

Not going to vote Cello yet, as he's at L-3.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Tandora was trying to figure out specific role information many times so far, on Delvro and Sword, and maybe some others but I don't have time to look. Plus the general feeling I'm getting from her of trying to divide people but not be responsible. I'll elaborate later, but I gotta go.

Tandora said:
How does replacements work? Wouldn't that be a townie giveaway? Oh, so and so was lurking so he gets replaced, but other so and so was only being mafia scum so he doesn't? Since being quiet seems to be a common mafia tactic. Or am I reading too much into this?
She was reading too much here. Yes, it was early on, but see how she specifically asked about and was concerned with whether it was a townie giveaway or not. Why be so concerned with that? Is it because a confirmed townie would be hard to deal with?

vote Tandora

@Sword, though really everyone I'm not going to focus on Frozen toDay.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i read it more as a new player experiencing their first replacements come into the game.

ill have more later

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Steel where you at?

Same goes for Tandora and Mister Eric.

Vote cello or speak up and tell us why you aren't. There's no reason for this game to stall now. We're on a fuking roll!

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
sorry, forgot about this game all day.

anyway yeah i've no prob with a cello lynch

vote cello

L-1

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
actually unvote

i dont want day to end yet incase of ql i promise ill make a post tomorrow i need to do some rereading.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Steel where you at?

Same goes for Tandora and Mister Eric.

Vote cello or speak up and tell us why you aren't. There's no reason for this game to stall now. We're on a fuking roll!
I'm here. I honestly thought Friday was the first day back. Even if I could have been here yesterday, an old friend was in town and I got to spend time with him catching up. =D

Tandora was trying to figure out specific role information many times so far, on Delvro and Sword, and maybe some others but I don't have time to look. Plus the general feeling I'm getting from her of trying to divide people but not be responsible. I'll elaborate later, but I gotta go.

She was reading too much here. Yes, it was early on, but see how she specifically asked about and was concerned with whether it was a townie giveaway or not. Why be so concerned with that? Is it because a confirmed townie would be hard to deal with?

vote Tandora

@Sword, though really everyone I'm not going to focus on Frozen toDay.
When I was making those posts looking for specific role information, it is partly because I was used to Aimafia where protecting or busting a certain role is a much larger focal point. I was getting seer vibes from Greg and if he was trying to send a message I wanted to be sure I was interpreting it correctly w/o directly saying what I was suspecting.

A great deal of my early mafia experience was listening to you and May speculate who was what job. It has affected my mafia game style. (Sorry, I cannot site any of this since it was all verbal.) Since this is a noobie mafia forum game, I am doing the best I can to learn the philosophy of game play. I may eventually make my own playstyle, but I want to see what is considered common play before I make my own deviations.

I'm intrigued that you've decided to back off from FF today. You normally won't let something go once you've made up your mind about it. What are your reasons? Did you feel you were actually tunneling him or are you afraid you'll get lynched?

Also, what is up with the "toDay"? You've done that multiple times. Way too many times for it to be an accident. I know someone else asked you before, but I don't recall a response there.

VOTE CELLO MARL

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
toDay means the game day, not the 24 hour day.

i actually don't have much to say that wasn't already said, ive had my eye on cello ever since he started his huge post tunneling on frieza. i feel as if his reasoning on tandora is very poor and is just an attempt to bring attention off him. ill probably hammer tonight if no one objects and if the game isnt going anywhere and no productive discussion is happening.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Woah dang, sorry guys.

First, nice flip =]

I honestly took the Dec. 17 deadline to heart and took a little break from checking the mafia. And now it looks like we're all on speed lol.

I support the hammer if everyone's cool with it. It is funny though that once we're about to lay down the noose is when he stops tunneling. So... my suggestions are:

Lynch now and put our curiosities (for lack of a better word) to rest, or
observe him more to see how he reacts with all the pressure since now it isn't just a back and forth toss between him and FF.

whichever.
regardless, I'd like to put some pressure on some other players too, but that can definitely wait.

(where'd you guys get the speed? ;D)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Whoever drops hammer answer this question:

What scum faction do you believe Cello is and why do you believe he is scum?

Fine with hammer being dropped at any time from any of the remaining players. No one else answer this besides the hammer vote.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine if someone wants to hammer. If not, then i will answer Xivi's question and then hammer.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Whoever drops hammer answer this question:

What scum faction do you believe Cello is and why do you believe he is scum?

Fine with hammer being dropped at any time from any of the remaining players. No one else answer this besides the hammer vote.
wolf

SRB, why did you vote for S2? What was the actual reason behind it?
first of all cello wasn't on either wagon i believe, but the s2 one stuck out to me. this question was incredibly stupid, as srb already said his reasoning the post before xiivi asked him to vote him. he later asked me if i was still down for an s2 lynch after s2 started posting more, but seemed to have no intention of getting off ff's jock and killing s2.

I didn't like Cello's arguments, because I read them as solely being metagaming, which I've never heard good things about.
parroting what everyone else said but then

However, this made a lot of sense to me. I do indeed put my right pant leg on first, every time, and I've never noticed I did. It makes enough sense to me that if you have habits like that you don't notice in your everyday life, that everyone has habits they don't notice when they play mafia too. He also hadn't brought up the contradiction point beforehand, which I thought was a good point.
buddying him for the lamest point cello made. btw i put my left pant leg on every ****ing time and im a god ****ed righty.

sold2 said:
I've already explained that SRB is really just the scummiest player ever. He'll make the same mistakes as town as he would mafia. From my experience, you can only really tell what his alignment is through process of elimination, and I wouldn't want to lynch him unless I felt nobody else was as scummy. Nobody else sticks out in my head as extremely scummy.
if by chance cello isn't wolf i may look at srb because s2 has mentioned this multiple times.

earlier sold2 hopped on frozens wagon very soon after cello posted his vote i believe, and he had horrid and contradictory reasoning and i feel was just going along with his wolf buddy. theres undoubtedly connection between the two.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Hmm. Well, hammer saved me the time of rereading over the thread, anyway.

Still, I wonder who really is going to die tonight?

Oh, I will answer any questions now that I'm home if anyone has any before Marshy posts my death. It's a short window, so ask away.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I almost posted a bunch of stuff, but then read the rule saying I can't talk.
I guess I can't answer any questions. Whoops~

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Final Day Three votecount (18th)

----------

Cello_Marl (5) - Xiivi, Ronike, frozenflame751, Tandora, §teel
Tandora (1) - Cello_Marl
Not voting (2) - SwordsRbroken, Mister Eric

----------

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Cello_Marl, Mafia Goon, has been lynched Day 3

It is now Night 3. Please send me all actions by Sunday December 20, 11:59:59 PM EST

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You all wake up. frozenflame's dead.

frozenflame751, Townie, has been killed Night 3

----------

Day 4 begins. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

A deadline has been set for the last second of Sunday, January 3, EST.

Ronike

Smash Ace
vote xiivi[\b]

I thought you were the seer. But since you arent, I'm thinking you were trying to get a quicklynch so you could have another nk.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
a choice i can agree with, ronike. major red flags were waved for me when xiivi unvoted sold2 for seemingly no reason. due to hilts suspicion on cello a couple days ago, i can definitely see xiivi killing hilt to frame cello. and now that im playing process of elimination, i think xiivi should die.

vote xiivi

Tandora

Smash Rookie
a choice i can agree with, ronike. major red flags were waved for me when xiivi unvoted sold2 for seemingly no reason. due to hilts suspicion on cello a couple days ago, i can definitely see xiivi killing hilt to frame cello. and now that im playing process of elimination, i think xiivi should die.

vote xiivi
^QFT

I'd like to hear Xiivi's rationale for his vote hopping on D2 also.

L-1
VOTE XIIVI

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
If I was the seer with a guilty on the only remaining player with a NK, I would have claimed.

Hilt's death had nothing to do with my opinions on Cello. Chasing ghosts as justification for voting is never a good idea.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9088330&postcount=439

I showed who I believed to be a possible Sold2 partner prior to his flip. Sold2's final push against Cello looked like an attempt to distance himself from his partner once his lynch looked inevitable.

Steel, if you believed that I unvoted for Sold2 to discourage a lynch against Sold2, why was this not mentioned yesterday? You believed Cello was the wolf partner despite myself have already thrown up red flags the previous day which you did not mention Day 3.

Tandora, I have already explained my vote hopping was to gain more information in a day where many players were hiding behind the debates of Cello and Frozen. Seeing who was willing to go where and who wasn't.

Swords, why did you avoid the chance to hammer and answer the question with the remaining players Steel/Mister Eric had already presented that they were fine with Cello's lynch?

Eric could you please give your opinion on the current players remaining. There are two unaligned scum left. Who do you believe they are and why?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
because after rereading through some stuff, specifically the stuff i quoted, more connections were made to celloxsold2 than xiivixsold2, add that with the killing of hilt, i felt cello was more likely to be the wolf.

fortunately, cello was a mafioso and your actions are still there and the flags haven't turned a different color.

how long till xiivi dies?

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
On a day when I had multiple times to join and push a frozen lynch and had pushed soaring-raptor-blast to L-1, I instead started a wagon on my partner near the end of the day who was under very little suspicion and did not take the opportunity to follow his vote on Cello when many were willing to follow me?

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Hard bussing a very useful partner who had blended in very well and was helping to push a wagon on a now-confirmed townie?

Ronike, why do you believe I was attempting to get a quicklynch? I believe it was everyone else who hopped onto my wagon and stated they found Cello scummy. Much like what has happened today.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
I'm much more interested in the responses to the questions I asked players in my first post and then state my opinions.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
WELL Xiivi, it's you or tandora isn't it?

ronike - not a wolf
xiivi - hey
swords - initiated the sold2 wagon, don't feel at all he was bussing judging by the post and the nature of his play style. also apparently had no clue there was a night kill on d2 and just struck me as a complete noob posting whatever thoughts came out of his head
mister eric - not a wolf
tandora - town vibes ALL GAME, have no reason to believe she's the wolf. though if we lynch you and in the unexpected occurrence that you flip town/mafia, town will look here.

someone kill xiivi so we can get rid of the night kill threat

Top Bottom