• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Until I have some sort of apology for the numerous false/disrespectful/self-centered things M2K has said, along with the general way he has acted about this whole situation, then I'm thinking I will consider him banned from all my future events.

. . .

With that being said, from Jan-June I'm thinking I'll be holding 1-2 touraments a month.
<3 AZ

Essentially the best thing you could have done and what I was hoping to hear. I'm still fairly new to everything, but I agree with everyone that we don't accept that **** here.

As for the tourneys, count me in whenever once I get back to campus. I should have a bit more time next quarter and was looking to get more involved and back into practice. Just give me a shout if you need help setting something up off campus and I should probably be able to lend a hand.

Enrish

Smash Rookie
Saying WaB is a great tournament because it's just a time to relax eat wings and pizza sounds so corny to me. It is a great series but when I see that comment I laugh a little inside. I'm not going to get into this whole argument because I feel it's not something that should be ranted over for hours and hours but that's just me. Don't let others ruin your good time.

I'm pretty much here to say sorry to everyone that I didn't show up. I planned on going until the last minute and if I would've known sooner I would've let AZ know. I feel bad because I was on the list and had to back down last second without letting anyone know, so sorry about that. I'll make sure this doesn't happen again.

On a brighter side I heard there was a really good Jigglypuff there. Who was it? How well did he do?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Saying WaB is a great tournament because it's just a time to relax eat wings and pizza sounds so corny to me.
To put this into perspective for you, I've been playing Smash competitively for around a decade. When Brawl came out, I was no longer "catching up" to the players who had more experience than me and I decided I could get really good and win. As time went on, more and more players got to this "get really good and win" level and every tournament has been a huge grueling ordeal. Every 6 months or so I compare bracket difficulty to before, and its gone from "2-0 everyone with 2 stock low % or 3 stock with my eyes closed until winner's finals" in the beginning of Brawl to "win my first match easily, the second match taking a bit of concentration, and then difficult matches for the rest of the tournament". This can be very, very stressful.

WaB's focus is more about playing smash and having fun. At the end of each tournament (facilitated by AZ being really good at running brackets and a smaller turnout due to the cap), they all get to sit around and get a pitcher of beer, pizza, and have a good time playing draft crews (REALLY fun for the newer players, and its great to have a whle group of people cheering for you). It's really a lot of fun, and the atmosphere is great for a casual tournament.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PS I believe my stock count during draft crews now stands at -7.

Sigh. I've only gone even once (aka taking 3 stocks and losing 3 stocks).
WaB 1 I was -2
WaB 2 I was -3
WaB 3 I was -1
WaB 4 I was 0
WaB 5 I was -1

GOD **** IT! For those who do not know, the crew battle rules are:
Captains are chosen, they take turns picking people ball yard style.
-No mains may be used
-No Meta Knight

EDIT: The bracket has been processed!
The following people should make AiB accounts if they don't already have one!
-Beegs
-Sil
-SoleCaliber
-TheFlyingFrenchman
-SoulPech
-Z

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8255

Calebyte

Smash Lord
I'd definitely like to come to one of these. Don't know about the date, but if Count or any other IN Smashers wanna go, I'll gladly carpool. Looks like a blast! :)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Cause Brawl peachs Dsmash and double jump sucks.

KB has made me want to play Peach more, though, cause Brawl Peach's double-jump cancels seem sexier then Melee.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well whatever it is it looks fun and technically challenging. I do it myself slightly but am no where near proficient with it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You have to go negative to have people talk!

No one is talking bout Q either he is like +22 hahahaha over the last 5 tournaments.

SoulPech

Smash Master
@AZ: I didn't even know quivo had that sort of spread though I think you might be exaggerating. I did think it was entertaining see you playing as DK when you banana slid across the floors while doing a DK SMASH!! :p

@ Frenchman: Yeah it was a bad bad match-up droog, but it was for fun though.

I enjoyed playing against you Quivo, though you completely destroyed me with TL...but that peaked my interest in playing as him. You taught me some stuff :D.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wings and Brew Tournament Series Rankings
Complete Season I Singles Rankings (Through WaB I - IV)
1: AlphaZealot - 68
2: Overswarm - 48
3: Quivo - 42
4: Nope - 28
5: Keitaro - 24
6: Champ - 23
7: Capem - 22
8: Z- 18
9: Infern - 16
10: BYAA! - 14
11: Tyr - 10
12: Crunch - 9