• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

QUIVO

Smash Master
I used to practice on wifi a lot, now I don't practice at all lol.

A lot of people started and practiced on wifi. For example: Ally, DSF, Anther, Judge, Blue Rogue, Shugo, AZ, Fliphop, Anti, Samboner, ADHD, Holynightmare, Atomsk, G-reg, the list can go on forever. A lot of these people probably quit within the last 6 months though. I think Ally, Sam, ADHD and Atomsk are the only ones that still kind of play.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We almost did that at Dr. X's!

It actually fixes most of Brawl's problems XD

Framerate

Smash Lord
There's no excuses for not punishing someone when you know they're gonna roll/spot dodge.

Sorry Kel, stop planking :p

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Brawl minus side tournament?

Or a Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 side tournament?

anyone care enough?

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
There's no excuses for not punishing someone when you know they're gonna roll/spot dodge.

Sorry Kel, stop planking :p
This.
I kept getting punished for a predictable roll last Saturday.
I knew it was gonna happen though, I was just too lazy/didn't care to change what I was doing.
Actually I kept getting punished for a lot of things, but them being in friendlies, I didn't really care.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Brawl minus side tournament?

Or a Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 side tournament?

anyone care enough?
I didn't know Brawl- was far enough into production to have tourneys for it o-o
But a CoNR:3 tourney would be sweeeeet
Er wait I'm not attending this >_< Nvm Baro

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Probably a weekend where another tournament is going on but that this will be either closer or cheaper for people. Since its only 24 people, and I am hoping that it slowly becomes more and more people that just live around the Cbus area and maybe Springfield (not that I don't love having the NEOH and Cinci peeps!). This way we can grow our local competition to be beasts.

Regardless, with a 24 cap, I'm not that concerned with scheduling on the same date as another tournament that will either be 1) huge regardless of this event or 2) would only lose maybe the springfield car in the case of this event

I also would not schedule on a date for the OC. Probably. 95% sure on this.

I won't be able to get a date until I am back in Ohio.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That's a good move to boost local skill, but Ohio overall won't grow from having isolated tournies on the same day. :(

But that's a good point abut it being closer and cheaper for some people, so I guess I see why you'd choose to do that.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I've been wanting to do some Brawl on weekends in order to get better, but it seems when I try to ask ppl to play they don't seem to respond back :(...Maybe I smell

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Maybe he capitalized every first letter just to make you THINK he posted in all caps. Mindgames, son! Get at me! Or him. Whatever.

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
I've been wanting to do some Brawl on weekends in order to get better, but it seems when I try to ask ppl to play they don't seem to respond back :(...Maybe I smell
i work a lot but i am definitly looking to play with some more good columbus people. I can try and work around my schedule a little better to give me time to play so just get at me sometime.

Top Bottom