• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I could use a little help... I placed my file which is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - One-Winged Angel (looped) in \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm\

My textures work fine. I understand how to do this stuff. But my question is... why doesn't this play? I tried to play it over all the Final Destination songs but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I also tried using a different song (Final Fantasy VII Crazy Motorcycle) and that doesn't seem to work either.

Are these files ready to be inserted in the game or do I actually have to do something?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Hey guys I could use a little help... I placed my file which is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - One-Winged Angel (looped) in \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm\

My textures work fine. I understand how to do this stuff. But my question is... why doesn't this play? I tried to play it over all the Final Destination songs but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I also tried using a different song (Final Fantasy VII Crazy Motorcycle) and that doesn't seem to work either.

Are these files ready to be inserted in the game or do I actually have to do something?
How do I get this music working?

Download the brstm file and rename it according to the following list to choose which song in Brawl to replace. For example, to replace "Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1" you would name your file "A01.brstm"
Code:

Tracklist:
FINAL DESTINATION
X05 - Final Destination
T01 - Credits (Super Smash Bros.)
T03 - Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
W25 - Final Destination (Melee)
W31 - Giga Bowser (Melee)
That should do the trick.

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
Oh I'm sorry I should've been more specific. When I said I placed it in that folder I meant that I placed it with the correct file name as well. I tried all of those. It was W31.brstm. I tried all of them. And I still got nothing.

I don't remember where I read it.. but is it possible that the song was too large in size? Its around 16mb. Can songs only be replaced with the same size or less?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Another batch of my seamlessly looped creations, all under the Video Game Music category:

Diddy Kong Racing - Walrus Cove by Chepe - DEMO
F-Zero X - Drivin' Through on Max by Chepe - DEMO
Killer Instinct - B. Orchid by Chepe - DEMO
Killer Instinct - Fulgore by Chepe - DEMO
Kirby Super Star - Taking Over The Halberd by Chepe - DEMO
Sonic Advance - Egg Rocket Zone (Remix) - Metratron by Chepe DEMO
Star Fox 64 - Boss B by Chepe - DEMO
Star Fox 64 - Versus (One by One) by Chepe - DEMO
Star Fox - Asteroid & Venom Orbital by Chepe - DEMO
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Lost Tracks - Beware the Forest's Mushrooms by Chepe - DEMO

That last one is a repeat of "Super Mario RPG Beware the Forest's Mushrooms By Eternal Smasher" which is also the lost track. I made my own version because that one wasn't seamlessly looped as evidenced by the yellow star. Mine would have a green star, but how do you go about getting rated?

You'll also notice that I copied Segtendo's labeling of Lost Tracks in the video game title for that last contribution. Truth is, there are two other contributions I have made in the past that I would like changed in the OP to reflect this, especially since one of Segtendo's contributions is an exact replica of one of those past contributions. Please delete the following from the OP:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Ballad of the Windfish (lost track) by Chepe
Star Fox Command - The Loner, Falco Lombardi (lost track) by Chepe

and replace them with these better labeled ones:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Lost Tracks - Ballad of the Windfish by Chepe - DEMO
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Lost Tracks - The Loner, Falco Lombardi by Chepe - DEMO

I would really appreciate that, thank you.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I see Fortenium made a version of "You Can Do Anything" from Sonic CD (J). I'm curious. Does his have the full song or is it looped? I'm wondering because I have a version that loops.

Gallade64

Smash Apprentice
I have perfectly legitimate reasons as to why I haven't made BRSTMs:

1. My Wii broke (Which just got fixed at Game Haven. Luckily they didn't update the Wii.)

2. I am a lazy good for nothing that did nothing but play Phantasy Star Online, osu!, and Star Wars: KotOR 1 and 2.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I love you for The Loner, Falco Lombardi Chepe.
Don't mention it. I thought it was blasphemy that they didn't go through and include the song when almost every character had a theme they could call their own. It works quite well in Lylat Cruise too. :)

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Oh I'm sorry I should've been more specific. When I said I placed it in that folder I meant that I placed it with the correct file name as well. I tried all of those. It was W31.brstm. I tried all of them. And I still got nothing.

I don't remember where I read it.. but is it possible that the song was too large in size? Its around 16mb. Can songs only be replaced with the same size or less?
File Patch Replacement Code v3.5.1?

You have to have an NTSC-U or J Wii or it won't work. Pal Wiis can't have custom music.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Nah, they are tracks that were going to be in the game but got cut for whatever reason. To be honest, I'm not sure that those we listen to were the actual versions that were going to be in the game. However, the name of the tracks are true to the leftover names found in the disc.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's something I've wondered about for a while too. But those tracks are consistently found if you search for Brawl lost tracks. I guess that still doesn't confirm their legitimacy...

edit: My bad, I misunderstood the question.

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
We only know the names; we don't know if they were going to be the originals or arranged versions.

Edit: Oh, I see what's you're asking now... and actually, I don't know. There must be some pac file somewhere that includes the names, but I've never noticed them in either of the two commonly edited music title pacs (info_en and mu_menumain, though I know that they're in at least one other place because the names in Training don't change if you edit only those two).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I see Fortenium's version of You Can Do Anything DOES loop. However, the loop doesn't sound too good. I made a version w/ a better sounding loop.
Sonic CD (J) - You Can Do Anything By Segtendo - DEMO

I got a bunch of Sonic Rush Adventure music I'll post in a minute.

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
File Patch Replacement Code v3.5.1?

You have to have an NTSC-U or J Wii or it won't work. Pal Wiis can't have custom music.
I have a NTSU-U Wii. And I did use that code. That's why I'm still puzzled.

Is there a premade download with custom music that I could try out? I did that for a texture file to see if it even worked and it did. Then I customized *that* and now have my own textures.

If someone can show me an uploaded Custom Music folder/files that I could just throw onto my SD card to see if it works, you'd be saving me a lot of trouble. I'm trying to get this working before Christmas to show some friends.

Edit: Here's my folder on my SD card if anyone can spot anything wrong

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4982/picture11ng.png

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so the only thing regarding the Lost Tracks that was actually found in the disc was the song names? I thought the actual songs were on the disc too. So then, what are these songs I have that I listen too occasionally? o_o

Or did I misunderstand?

general Ike

Smash Rookie
Owa5489 you probably have hide file extensions enabled. try removing the .brstm from the music files names and see if that works.

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
Owa5489 you probably have hide file extensions enabled. try removing the .brstm from the music files names and see if that works.
Ahhh.. I thought you were on to something. I have "hide Extensions for Known File Types" unchecked. I tried it anyway.. still nothing. Here's a link to the variations I tried;

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9594/brstm.jpg

I feel like I'm so close.. I just need help finding out what this problem is. I can do textures on costumes and items, I just can't nail this yet.

general Ike

Smash Rookie
only thing I can think of is keeping the names as X04.brstm and X05.brstm then hiding known file extensions but I doubt that would do anything. I had the same problem earlier and all I had to do was remove the .brstm =/

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
Hm.. the only thing I can think of is if I can get my hands on a premade Folder that I can throw on my SD card to test. Then I can eliminate where the problems lie.

Maybe it's the coding...? I have no idea. I just know my costumes and item texture hacks work A-OK.

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
Baseball Stars 2 - Just Play Baseball Stars 2! By Eggman - DEMO

I just made this track to test out the new Brawlbox version. It's really easy to make infinite loops with it. Tell me if this track sounds alright, in regards to looping.

This track is from an all time favorite game of mine, Baseball Stars 2. Even if you don't like baseball games, I highly recommend downloading it on Virtual Console (it's for Neo Geo) and playing with a friend.

King Heh

Smash Rookie

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
I got a question about BrawlBox.

When making a BRSTM do the sample values STILL have to equal to a multiple of 14336?
Yes. The 14336 rule is a result of the way Brawl reads the brstms and has nothing to do with the program used to make them. There's no way around it.

Edit: Just noticed that your question has some odd wording. You know that only the starting loop point has to be a multiple of 14336, right? The end can be anything.

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
Ahhh. I found out my problem, for those of you that have been helping me.

Turns out I DIDN'T have Phantom Wings' v3.5.1 code, I had a premade one off of youtube, which was 1.something.

Thanks for the help though guys. While I'm at it, does anyone recommend Christmas brstms that are on the list, if any?

Top Bottom