• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I was thinking...would it make sense to take the games that have been completely finished and have been listed and put them in a MediaFire folder so we can list them as complete looped soundtracks and remove each individual file? I actually made a new MediaFire account (named BrawlCustomMusic) that I was thinking of rehosting a lot of the files for organization's sake.
Well, seeing as I'm the only one (I think) to have complete soundtracks up I don't really see any point to it. http://www.mediafire.com/eshmusic

Plus, it probably wouldn't be good if people couldn't manage/update their own files.
A better option would to have a site dedicated to brstm hosting where users could login to their account to upload their files to the server which then stores the file, makes a preview mp3, extracts information such as loop points and sampling rate which can then be used to calculate stuff like length and whether the loop points will allow the song to loop correctly in-game (It wouldn't be too hard to tell it to fix those that don't) and store all this information in a database which can then be searched by anyone that goes to the site. Heck, why not also make it able to host character/stage files too!!1!

Yeah... probably not going to happen, but it would be nice.
In my opinion, having people host their own files is the best option at the moment.

Edit: Oops, misread your statement.
But are there really any complete soundtracks that could be combined? We can't really say that they are complete if they aren't.

I think that a more worthy endeavor would be weeding out the ones that don't loop properly.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I really should got to learn how to make auto-looping, all of my actual songs just was made to last about 8-10 mins. That's sad in the long run...
That, plus the fact that I use to struggle with finding loop points on goldwave, PLUS that I'm using the trial version and I run out of commands, PLUS that the resulting product is a huge file...

Now, that IS sad...

any hint to make that?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
hmmm, the website idea would be interesting. I'll look into it.
I'd be glad to help if you actually got this started, or even if there was the possibility of doing it. I've actually setup my own personal web server at home so I've got some experience

Xyless

Smash Master
I have created a Wikia for custom content for SSBB, and begun working on it. I could use help, since I'm not the best at actually making Wiki's.

http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/

I've put content (music, textures) up for BlazBlue, as well as a little bit of Banjo-Kazooie. I figure if we needed a site that lets multiple people edit at once...that's what a wiki is.

This is my first page that I put any effort into. However, there's no descriptions or anything...just links and screenshots.
http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You should state posting rules on that wikia before begin spreading it.

Anyways, I'm not sure if a wikia is the best idea, mainly because it's too overused, and most of its content is disordered/incomplete/incorrect.
If you're trying it for serious, i wish you luck.

btw, still looking for tips for loopings! It'd be very useful!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I have created a Wikia for custom content for SSBB, and begun working on it. I could use help, since I'm not the best at actually making Wiki's.

http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/

I've put content (music, textures) up for BlazBlue, as well as a little bit of Banjo-Kazooie. I figure if we needed a site that lets multiple people edit at once...that's what a wiki is.

This is my first page that I put any effort into. However, there's no descriptions or anything...just links and screenshots.
http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue
Not what I was going for but if you wanna do it...

Xyless

Smash Master
After considering everything we wanted and what we wanted, I decided that a Wiki would be the most convenient option. After all, this was the prerequisites for what we needed:
-Able to be edited by multiple users
-Able to stay organized
-Is easily accessible

A wiki fulfills all of this and more. However, I don't know what you mean by rules of the wikia, as it is my first real attempt for a major wiki.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I can assure you that Ball of Ballos does not deterioriate into static (but I will say that I might look into a different loop point in the future..)

I was just playing Ball of Ballos for many hours because I was sleeping >.>

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Just so you are aware, many of these songs deteriorate into static at some point... :(
No. It's your SD card. It's always the SD card. Defragment it, and/or make a backup of everything on it and reformat it. It's not the music, and I'm adding that disclaimer along with a notice about requests not fsking going here to the front page whenever I have time to finish updating.

PS: I found a gamerip of that Batman Returns SNES game. You have the lovely people at FFShrine to thank for this.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NR5SO92H

Edit: So I recently bought the PSP remake of FF1, and I must say, the music is quite kickass. It even has good arrangements of battle music from FFs 3-6 for the bonus bosses. I'll definitely be making brstms of this in the near future.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
The batman Begins brstm is poorly looped and has a low volume. Could someone please fix that? I'd do it myself, but I don't know how to edit music that has already been converted to the .brstm format.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
F-F-Fire (The Alternative) (Mother 3)
OH NOES!

I had the same problem when I made that, I just took it off of my SD card, put it back on and it worked, same with all the other songs that gave static.

@GadgetTR - I understand. It's just when you type something, read over so it doesn't just sound like an insult.:ohwell:

Xyless

Smash Master
I have the Video Game section of the original post up on the SSBB Custom Content wiki, and am slowly organizing them into their individual games. Took a long time converting the BBCode to Wiki code, which is what has taken it so long. There's progress though. Pokemon Snap, Ragnarok Battle Offline, Chrono Trigger, and BlazBlue have their own pages, and are set up accordingly on the Music listing page.

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Good idea, Vyse.

We also need to go through the links on the first post as well. Some have archaic descriptions or are dead. A few links need to be added. Some links are dead.

Xyless

Smash Master
When you do clean up the OP, make sure you let me know what all you removed so I (or someone else...MAYBE YOU!) can remove it from the wiki, which has all of the music in the OP for the video game section now, as well as a few newcomers.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for posting this here, but I don't know where to post this. (And you guys know your music-related stuff, right?)

Whenever I go to My Music and press on Battlefield, the game freezes EVEN WHEN LOADING NORMAL BRAWL WITH NO SD CARD. I honestly have no idea what this problem could be because it freezes even with no SD card, no Homebrew, and no Gecko. Does anyone know what I should do?

To make this post more useful, I would like to say that video2mp3.net makes Youtube videos into MP3 files extremely conveniently (at least for me) and will help a lot of people who don't have access to MP3's but can find the video on Youtube.

I also said this on the BRSTM factory thread, but that seemed... kinda lifeless right now.

Sorry for putting this in the wrong place and everything.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Sorry for posting this here, but I don't know where to post this. (And you guys know your music-related stuff, right?)

Whenever I go to My Music and press on Battlefield, the game freezes EVEN WHEN LOADING NORMAL BRAWL WITH NO SD CARD. I honestly have no idea what this problem could be because it freezes even with no SD card, no Homebrew, and no Gecko. Does anyone know what I should do?
I think I know how to fix it. The same thing happened to me, too.

Use this code:
Code:
Battlefield My Music Reset
4A000000 9017EBCC
14000000 000026FC
14000004 00000032
14000008 000027EE
1400000C 00000032
14000010 00002711
14000014 00000032
14000018 00002813
1400001C 00000032
14000020 00002815
14000024 00000032
E0000000 80008000

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
The first one (of which this one is pretty much a carbon copy) "worked alright" at first, too.

Whatever, best of luck to you guys.

Xyless

Smash Master

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Just one question.... How can I get all the music? Is there a code to unlock all of the music in brawl? If so, can someone be kind to provide me with a link or the code itself please?

Top Bottom