• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
you have a panel of knowledgeable people vote, those panelists base it on whatever they want but you want to make sure they all are familiar with most of the recent tournament results before they vote
Would you help run one? And you Sveet?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
wheels, im gonna say the same thing i said when you brought this up a long time ago, and say that we dont have enough tournaments with everyone attending to actually accurately do it.

any panelist from ohio will forget about dudes like deku, rat, and jbm while anyone from illinois or further west will forget bigr, 4%, juke, etc.

even if you dont forget about them, how do you compare someone like 4%, who consistently places very well in ohio including having beaten drephen but hasnt left ohio since he got 4th at a tournament in chicago last summer, to someone like tom r who plays against completely different people yet performs similarly within his own context?

4% APR

Smash Champion
wheels, im gonna say the same thing i said when you brought this up a long time ago, and say that we dont have enough tournaments with everyone attending to actually accurately do it.

any panelist from ohio will forget about dudes like deku, rat, and jbm while anyone from illinois or further west will forget bigr, 4%, juke, etc.

even if you dont forget about them, how do you compare someone like 4%, who consistently places very well in ohio including having beaten drephen but hasnt left ohio since he got 4th at a tournament in chicago last summer, to someone like tom r who plays against completely different people yet performs similarly within his own context?
You just gotta realize that im the best :)

D

Deleted member

falcon vs shiek isn't that bad

you just can't **** up or you pay

so don't **** up

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure some of you have seen this before, but I hadn't so I'll post it for others who haven't yet lol

Falcon vs. Sheik in a nutshell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpbCBT1TGdg
The most depressing part of that video was at 0:20 when falcon approached and got tilted out of it. That's when the match was over in my opinion. That tilt goes through too many moves

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
he actually didnt get a hitbox out at 0:20...

moves beating other moves is just the reality of the game. Deal with it and beat it another way. You're not gonna try and outspace marth's sword and then cry about it being too long (unless you're ganon), so don't cry about sheik having priority.

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't complaining about that at all. I was just commenting on m2k's sheik. And i wasn't crying about sheiks priority. I said her tilt is good, which it is. I have no problem with sheik or falcon. Just commenting on the sheik/falcon matchup

`DNS`

Smash Lord
You can bait out the up-tilt and then **** them

most marths try to make it look like they are open by doing an aerial but quickly do an up-tilt

in general I think teching is a lot easier if you up-b backwards, your hitbox is safer and it makes it seem a lot easier to tech than up-ing normally

if you up-b normally (because you have to), i've found that c-stick DIing into the ledge makes it more likely for you to tech

--

percentage-wise for marth's d-tilt, dunno. Being off the ledge against Marth generally sucks
i find falcon so easy to tech with.. just hold r and ride up the ledge

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
no you can hold it as long as you don't press it twice. the 20 frame window starts when you first press it.

Magus420

Smash Master
If you up-b low so that you get hit during the later part of the up-b, the flip that you do will push you away from the edge and make it more difficult/impossible to tech without SDIing the hit if you do the up-b facing towards the stage. Using just ASDI (holding into the stage) will start failing to get you the tech at much lower damages/weaker knockbacks than normal when you get hit out of this flip while facing forward.

If you reverse the up-b when recovering low you can remain close to the wall at the end of the up-b during the flip, and so it's easier to tech that way if you can get under the edge and close enough to do it.

If you up-b higher up where you'd be getting hit before you do that flip during the up-b you hug the wall like normal when facing forward. You still need to eventually use SDI to hit the edge when the attack gets strong enough though.

WaveLength

Smash Apprentice
If you up-b low so that you get hit during the later part of the up-b, the flip that you do will push you away from the edge and make it more difficult/impossible to tech without SDIing the hit if you do the up-b facing towards the stage. Using just ASDI (holding into the stage) will start failing to get you the tech at much lower damages/weaker knockbacks than normal when you get hit out of this flip while facing forward.

If you reverse the up-b when recovering low you can remain close to the wall at the end of the up-b during the flip, and so it's easier to tech that way if you can get under the edge and close enough to do it.

If you up-b higher up where you'd be getting hit before you do that flip during the up-b you hug the wall like normal when facing forward. You still need to eventually use SDI to hit the edge when the attack gets strong enough though.

So now we know. Thanks, Magus.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace

****, I did not know this, thanks

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
camp v sheik like dont even approach once. needles go in a straight line either out or down angled they are not a threat. just don't approach that ***** idk no approaching in that matchup just dont do it!!! just chill on plats and jump oer that *****es head for 8 mins

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
thats stupid tho

vs sheik isnt that bad as long as it isnt m2k so just be safe and thats it

a good fox is probably worse because they can kill you from a grab or shine or nair at 0

sheik cant always do that off the chaingrab/tech chase

plus fox gimps falcon easier

`DNS`

Smash Lord
if fox DIs right it's virtually impossible to actually combo him with anything besides like dair/raptor boost (at normal %s)
and those are pretty risky to use
[tech chases aren't combos ;f]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
your not supposed to combo spacies until like 150% or some bull

they shouldnt live that long sooo ya

tech chasing all dai

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
pc jona i thought you quit get outta here
no u

when should you do SHFFL'd up-airs and when should you try to up-air -> double jump -> up-?airs?
up air when people are above you mostly

and double upair floaties (marth, peach, m2, jiggs at low percents, doc/mario/luigi idk floaty guys)

and also try full jumping 2 upairs and 2 back airs and switch it up the full jumps

upair>nair
bair>knee
bair>upair
knee>upair

and try the middle hop, it *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuUckQQXG8I

tubes

Smash Ace
if fox DIs right it's virtually impossible to actually combo him with anything besides like dair/raptor boost (at normal %s)
and those are pretty risky to use
[tech chases aren't combos ;f]
In Smash Bros they might as well be. I mean we've been treating them as such for what like 8 years now?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
reading DI = combo

reading tech =/= combo?

techs definitly constitute combo

they chose something, you reacted, at that point they have to get hit (with proper tech read)

its the same concept as DI

Top Bottom