• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Are you supposed to bair with the control stick or C-stick when you middle hop? I can't reach the C-stick in time to do it consistently that way.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Are you supposed to bair with the control stick or C-stick when you middle hop? I can't reach the C-stick in time to do it consistently that way.
i bair with the c-stick

and i use x to jump

it feels easy to me, i keep my fingers relaxed when i play so i just slide it easy

but yea like tomacawk said use w/e you like

as long as you can control it and do it consistently

mers

Smash Ace
Can somebody explain the benefits of the middle hop? I know Hax does it all day and ***** hard, but others barely do it and also **** hard. By definition it sounds ridiculous, because you throw away your double jump so easily.

What makes it useful?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's like, a wall of pain. Try it against Fox when he's hanging on the ledge on Battlefield or Yoshi's, it covers like ~80% of his get up options lol.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
hax does it alot?

ive never noticed that, but w/e

its funny how when i made the video people were laughing at me and now people are like

oh hey, this is useful

suckas

D

Deleted member

I've been using middle hop since I started playing smash especially middle hop fast falled n-airs against falco

but I guess since I didn't patent it it doesn't matter :(

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
3 things I always forget to do as Falcon

1) uthrow chain throw when possible
2) utilt to edgeguard certain chars
3) mix up gentlemans with jab -> knee/nair

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Nah his gun would suck. Itd be slower than falcon punch and he would shout something homo like "Faclon Bullet!"

Tomacawk

Smash Master
jona, people laughed at you because you acted like you invented it (even if you didn't specifically say you invented it, you took credit for it without stipulating that you're the first person to talk about it) when most good players (nearly all good falcon mains) already knew about it, even if they didn't use it much

calling jona bad or good is becoming like a meme
i don't like that realization >.>

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It wouldn't be a "B" move, it would happen when you dash dance for 8.35 seconds (501 frames) and then press d-up.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I could imagine Falcon's gun being gimmicky like G&W's hammer. Like I'd assume a 1 makes him trip and a 9 makes his knee caps fly at the enemy and they're heat seeking.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Oh it is now? Huh, I thought that was just a tentative idea but I guess not....is Kongo 64 a neutral now? I heard Stadium was removed from neutrals as well, but this is all rumors, of course.

Regardless, you unlocked Falcon on a Samus stage in 64, why not have him have a secret taunt on Brinstar >=P

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
ill beat peaches and puffs on brinstar, not worried at all about that

guys the mbr ruleset does not equal the truth or anything, i dont think a single mw tournament has even used it

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOL, is that why the midwest is sooo far behind?

and this is the new ruleset.

but its just a suggestion. As a TO you can have whatever rules you want. WC seems to follow the SBR ones tho.

BattleCalculus

Smash Rookie
I picked up Falcon a couple of months ago and I've been reading this thread for the past few weeks (up to around page 110). Gotta say, this thread is full of useful and sometimes quite amusing posts.

If you guys who don't suck would suffer my n00bness for a moment, I'm having quite a bit of trouble wavelanding with CF. I played Ganon for a bit and could regularly waveland onto platforms and most parts of the levels. Now, however, I can't ever really seem to do it on flat ground with CF, and due to his weird body contortions in the air, I find myself often airdodging through platforms instead of wavelanding across them. I'd appreciate any help with that.

Thanks for whatever you got and let the thread roll on.

Top Bottom