• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
SWF just has a bunch of sniper tactics <_<
You're dumb. If you'd like to talk about a different subject, feel free to. Sniping just has a lot of controversy. We all know Assault Rifle is king, Subs are trash, LMGs are decent, the Riot Shield is garbage. Charizard happens to love snipers and we enjoy replying.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Riot sheilds aren't trash on H-Core. I use them often on HCSnD. One hit kill there, and better if you have people tagging along.

I actually think the Vector/Mp5k/UMP are decent too. I see lots of people using that, I don't know why you would call that garbage.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's official. Icy is cursed. My 360 just RROD'd 14 seconds after I received a VM from him.

S

smash brawl player 99021

NOOOOOOOOO!
At least our Xbox's can meet each other at the repair center <3

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Stopping Power is good if you're going for FMJ kills on core. Penetration lowers the OHK zone to headshots only, I believe. Otherwise, I agree entirely.

While I am not saying that stopping power is useless (The good on pen and paper means in theory that they are great, but they are somewhat more flawed than they seem), it is by no means mandatory on any sniper, not even the intervention. Try with other perks, I replaced Stopping power with cold blooded, and I do much better)

I don't see why it's necessary. In close combat, you should pull out your secondary, not try to fight with your Sniper. Also, since you don't believe in running to change spots with a Sniper, you should always be prepared to fight in close quarters rather than running into someone unexpectedly.

For the semi-autos, it isn't. If you have a pistol, the necessity is lowered. In a quick scoping situation (which is only going to happen with one sniper...), it is. The intervention does not have the ability to spam bullets, which means it is wretched with no-scoping. Quick scoping is more necessary. It also allows you to scope faster, but outside that, it isn't recommended on a semi auto. it is situational on the intervention, but it is typically better on that particular sniper. That and the Intervention is best through the scope, so it is best for that

Replenishment is godlike for the camping Sniper. Infinite Claymores. Also, the M21 should never run out of ammo. It should be 2 shots to take someone down max. =/

Not really, as it is rare for you to come across a corpse to replenish (outside the examples I provided). The M21 does benefit greatly from it, since it is rare for a OHK.

I'm not a big fan of Bling, but I can agree with all your points here.

The intervention benefits best from sleight of hand (since it can't no-scope well it needs to get to the scope fast), and the M21 is reliant on scavenger (since it sucks up ammo). The other two can and will do well with this perk. I was actually running a modified scout sniper set for a while

Yesssssssssssssssss.

I don't see why you need increased hipfire with a Sniper Rifle. And you shouldn't have to hold your breath that long anyways.

It isn't, the hipfire is best for your secondary (I use a USP, which is best through the sights, but sometimes you use a different secondary which benefits from firing from the hip better). The Iron lungs aspect, however, applies to the sniper even more, increasing its use

It's good for the run and gun sniper. And it's VERY useful on Wasteland and Derail.

Yeah, but seriously, run and gun and sniper is a bit like alcohol and car keys right?

Agree except for FMJ and Silencers on core.

Yeah, I already talked about this

This.

If you get caught in a close range battle, Commando should let you knife them within the majority of ranges you'll be confronted at. Very useful. Especially if you don't use Steady Aim, this is probably the next best thing.

True.

Yep.

People use Scrambler? :laugh:

Yes, but again, raising flags ain't the best Idea

People use Sit Rep?

Sometimes I do

Yep. Last Stand fails.

Search and Destroy is the only use I see for it.

In real life snipers are one of the few people actually given a secondary for obvious reasons. Considering that this is effectively giving you only a long range weapon, bad Idea. Better off with an ACR

Maybe on Wasteland and Derail. I use Cold Blooded anyways.

Best with marathon, which snipers aren't typically using

LOL.
Comments in bold

Oh, and I found this article on the popularity of weapons, enjoy (please)

http://www.gamereplays.org/modernwa...ern-warfare-2-popular-weapons-popularity&st=0

M.K

Level 55
Okay so!

I'm Level 12 (lol getting better, but still quite n00bish). My favorite level is Terminal, especially inside the Airplane. I also enjoy Intel and Afghan.
I've created my own custom class with the UMP45 Rapid Fire. I love this gun, but how does it compare (early on in the game) to others?
Do I ever get new grenades besides Stun, Smoke, and Flash?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hahahahahha Icy sabotaged :mad:'s 360!

Connor you sly fox...
I think he broke into my house during his trip to Florida and rigged it to go off after a game where I get two Emergency Airdrops in one game.

@Meta-Kirby: The UMP45 is the best sub in the game, although the Assault Rifles easily outclass them. Stuns, Flashes, and Smoke are the only special grenades you get.

What map is "Intel"?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The vast majority of assault rifles outclass the UMP and every other SMG on most maps. But the UMP is probably the best SMG, although recently, I'd say I've turned back to the Mini-Uzi.

No, those special grenades are the only ones you get. I'd recommend using Stun in core, Flash in hardcore. Smoke sucks.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Okay so!

I'm Level 12 (lol getting better, but still quite n00bish). My favorite level is Terminal, especially inside the Airplane. I also enjoy Intel and Afghan.
I've created my own custom class with the UMP45 Rapid Fire. I love this gun, but how does it compare (early on in the game) to others?
Do I ever get new grenades besides Stun, Smoke, and Flash?
But remember use what you feel comfortable with, and not what people say is the best gun in the game.

The guns in this game (in each gun category) are a lot more balanced out than in CoD4, so choosing which ones you like is basically personal preference.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Hahahahahha Icy sabotaged :mad:'s 360!

Connor you sly fox...
I think he broke into my house during his trip to Florida and rigged it to go off after a game where I get two Emergency Airdrops in one game.

@Meta-Kirby: The UMP45 is the best sub in the game, although the Assault Rifles easily outclass them. Stuns, Flashes, and Smoke are the only special grenades you get.

What map is "Intel"?
I did nothing! I swear! Maybe Karma got him for being :mad: all the time. See what I did that?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Are we seriously forming a PS3 crew now?

+1 to :mad: getting a PS3.

I'm hoping to get MW2 by early Feburary. I have the money to get it now, but I don't want to yet, because I have exams coming up, and I know I won't be able to control myself.

:mad:, please make this song play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdboZcFlpUg
Not on your life, champ. Any serious requests?

How are the controls for the PS3?

M.K

Level 55

I think they are easy ; then again, I've (true story) never touched an Xbox/Xbox 360 controller in my entire life. I guess I wouldn't be the best person to share, but I feel like, after the first day when my KDR was like .00000002, it got alot easier.

BTW, I just unlocked the Thumper x 2, but.....I see no reason to use it over the AT4-Hs. The Accuracy, Range, and Fire Rate are the exact same, but the Thumper does alot less damage.
What is the perk to using the Thumper?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
None, the Thumper sucks. It does however travel faster than any other launcher missile.

The PS3 controls are fine. I was originally a XBL player, so I tried flipping the controls to have the shooting buttons work like they did on XBL. It works fine, but I ended up preferring the default PS3 controls.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think they are easy ; then again, I've (true story) never touched an Xbox/Xbox 360 controller in my entire life. I guess I wouldn't be the best person to share, but I feel like, after the first day when my KDR was like .00000002, it got alot easier.

BTW, I just unlocked the Thumper x 2, but.....I see no reason to use it over the AT4-Hs. The Accuracy, Range, and Fire Rate are the exact same, but the Thumper does alot less damage.
What is the perk to using the Thumper?
The Thumper really doesn't suck. It's like having a second set of Noob Tubes. They're virtually identical to the grenade launcher on Assault Rifles.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
None, the Thumper sucks.
Put danger close on and you'll eat those words. :)

Just played with F8AL and a couple of others. I played TERRIBLE. I think my worst was 11-0-17. I like... NEVER go negative. My K/D ratio dropped from 1.93 to 1.92. :(

So the PS3 clan is coming alive?

MEEE
Icy
Leafy
:mad:?
otherzz

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The Thumper really doesn't suck. It's like having a second set of Noob Tubes. They're virtually identical to the grenade launcher on Assault Rifles.
I didn't realize that an extra set of noobtubes was worth losing your secondary over. Therefore, Thumpers = BAD.

TRG, so far the PS3 crew looks like this starting Feburary:

You
Icy
Cyan
Myself
:mad: (Maybe)
etc.

I will never use Danger Close.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

I didn't realize that an extra set of noobtubes was worth losing your secondary over. Therefore, Thumpers = BAD.

TRG, so far the PS3 crew looks like this starting Feburary:

You
Icy
Cyan
Myself
:mad: (Maybe)
etc.

I will never use Danger Close.
Thumpers are not bad. I disagree so I refuse to buy a PS3 because PSN is full of Thumper haters. You're a terrible person.

S

smash brawl player 99021

The controls are virtually the same, just the RS and LS are a little different than the 360. Not to say this is a bad thing.

Thumpers are meh. Not bad but I don't use them often.

:mad: Get a PS3! Follow meeeee <3

Me and Cyan were tearing it up today ;)
He was about 5 or 6 from a nuke too :(

smashman90

Smash Lord
Personally, I like the Thumper, mainly because of it's name. I love to yell out "YOU GOT THUMPED!" at people. I'd probably use Danger Close more often if it was unlocked alot earlier. Because by the time you unlock it, you don't really need it. I still need to complete the Danger Close perk challenges (as well as Sit Rep, Ninja, Steady Aim, Marathon, Lightweight, Hardline, and Cold Blooded).

Next time I prestige again, I should get a new custom class slot and I plan to use that one for explosives. I was thinking of making it this:

-Any assault rifle with noob tube attachment
-Thumper/RPG or ATS,
-Semtex and stun grenade
-Sleight of Hand
-Danger Close
-Sit Rep (it's gonna take me forever to get the challenges for this completed)
-Martydom deathstreak

Recently, I've been kicking *** with this set up:

-UMP with Rapid Fire
-Striker with grip (It was the AA-12 until I had gotten the Striker. Too many people were complaining about me killing everybody with the AA :laugh:)
-Semtex and flash grenade
-Marathon
-Lightweight
-Steady Aim
-Martydom deathstreak

I've been running around with that setup on Domination, blasting people with my Striker (I'll use the UMP sometimes, but mainly I'll stick to my Striker). If my team doesn't win, then I usually get alot of kills in the process. I'm trying to get the challenges for those 3 perks completed that way I can get the Titles and Emblems for them.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The controls are virtually the same, just the RS and LS are a little different than the 360. Not to say this is a bad thing.

Thumpers are meh. Not bad but I don't use them often.

:mad: Get a PS3! Follow meeeee <3

Me and Cyan were tearing it up today ;)
He was about 5 or 6 from a nuke too :(
Shooters are better for the 360. The controller is awesome for FPSs.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Thumpers are not bad. I disagree so I refuse to buy a PS3 because PSN is full of Thumper haters. You're a terrible person.
THUMPERS ARE AWESOME.

k now come to ps3
thumpers are terrible lmao

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Deltacod's attempt at an SMG guide:

SMGs are possibly the most nerfed class in the game. With everyone and their mother using shotguns as their secondaries, or Machine Pistols, SMGs see very little use. However, an SMG class has one thing that most other classes don't have: the highest mobility in the game. When using an SMG, you want to exploit this mobility as best you can.

SMGs have the fastest:

Aim Down Sights
Walk Speed
Run Speed
Weapon Draw Speed (like after you use a killstreak or something.)

Tips

ADS when in close combat. You pull them up quickly, and you're much more accurate. Also, since you can walk so fast with an SMG, you can strafe around to try and dodge bullets while shooting at your enemy. This is very important, don't just stand there when locked in a fire fight.

Learn to run away. You don't have a lot of range, and most SMGs have a lot of recoil. You won't be taking anyone out at mid to long ranges. If you get spotted from that far away, find some cover and find a different route to take. Don't go out to die.

Learn all the paths to a map, and where a lot of people like to go. Also make sure you're taking note of your enemies patterns and favorite camp spots so you can flank them, though this is more of a general piece of advice.

Perks

Tier 1

Marathon: I say use it. You can speed around the map with it, and I can't think of anything else you might need to use besides Scavenger. Most SMGs don't even use Scavenger, anyways. When you get this to pro, you can climb things very quickly, which is very nice when using shortcuts. Marathon Pro is like a godsend on Quarry.

Scavenger: Pretty much the only other alternative first perk. Use this if you need more ammo for your gun. I can only see this being used on the Vector, since it shoots so fast and doesn't have a lot of ammo IIRC. Maybe the Uzi and P90 as well, but I remember them having a decent amount of ammo.

One Man Army:
I don't see any reason to use this other than to resupply or maybe take out an AR if you're pinned by someone at mid range. If you're using it for more ammo, you might as well use Scavenger since you'll be close to people and can pick up the blue packs anyways.

Sleight of Hand: SMGs reload fast already, and have a quick ADS speed. This isn't necessary.

Bling: SMGs don't really need to have 2 attachments, unless you're bad with iron sights. Akimbo is bad for accuracy and ammo, and the sights are unnecessary. FMJ isn't really worth it on an SMG, so you can either use a silencer or a sight if you don't want to use a silencer.

Use: Marathon or Scavenger.

Tier 2​

Cold Blooded: This keeps you invisible to air support and thermals. I personally think it's the best tier 2 perk to have on an SMG class. You don't need to be hindered by any air support, which ruins your ability to roam the map. You won't show up as a dot on UAV, so you don't need to worry about people finding you as you're flanking, either.

Lightweight: You'll run VERY fast with this on. This really boosts the SMGs mobility, you'll be able to get from place to place incredibly quickly. I personally use this until I get Cold Blooded, it's very nice.

Stopping Power:
Kill enemies faster. This is a decent alternative to lightweight before Cold blooded. It'll help with range problems a little and let you be more effective at close quarters. It's not entirely necessary, however.

Danger Close:
Why would you even use this with an SMG?

Hardline: I guess it might have a use, though you're much better off with Cold Blooded, Stopping Power, or Lightweight.

Use: Cold Blooded when you get it. Stopping Power or Lightweight beforehand.

Tier 3​

Steady Aim: Helps you spray at close quarters. I don't think it's very necessary, since you can ADS just fine with an SMG.

Commando:
The best Tier 3 perk until you get to ninja. You can knife people from a ridiculous distance with this on. But besides that, once you get it to pro, you can survive any falls without any damage. This is very important for mobility, as you're not worrying about falling off the ledge you're sneaking by if you need to hide.

Scrambler: You're telling the enemy you're near. Maybe if you use it and you sneak in unexpectedly, but really, it's pretty useless.

Ninja: Use it. You won't come up on Heart Beat Sensors. When you get it to pro, you're silent as well. Being quiet is a huge benefit, since people can't hear you coming, but you can hear them coming. Ninja Pro has saved me many times by letting me hear someone sneaking around the corner or running up behind me to knife me. You can also hear people moving around corners and in camp spots to help you on the hunt.

Sit Rep: I guess you can use it if you're worried about claymores and stuff, thought it's not as useful as Commando or Ninja.

Last Stand:
Pick a perk that'll help you as you live. You might get the guy back that got you, but all he has to do is shoot you once more when he sees you're going down.

Use: Commando until you get Ninja.

Perk Summary:
Marathon, Lightweight until you get Cold Blooded, Commando until Ninja.

Secondary Weapons​

Launchers:
I personally use these to help my team take down air support. It also levels up Cold Blooded, which is nice. Don't bother with using them if you're in a hot spot, use them when you've got teammates around, like when you've just spawned.

Machine Pistols: You can use these to continue your streak if you run out of ammo. I'm not too familiar with them, so if you want to use a MP, pick one yourself.

Handguns:
Use them if you run out of ammo or if you need to reload but have no time in a firefight, due to their insanely fast drawing speed. They're a bit harder to use than MPs, however.

Shotguns:
Also use these if you run out of ammo. I highly recommend the Spas.

Secondary Summary:
Choose a secondary depending on how you think you play. There's no clear cut best for an SMG user.

Equipment

Frag:
These are good for taking out far away enemies. Just hide, cook them, and fire. They're good to use.

Semtex:
Same as a Frag, except it sticks, can't be cooked, and has less throwing range.

Throwing Knife:
One Hit Kill, though difficult to aim and use effectively. It's my favorite piece of Equipment. If you know a guy's going to be aiming dead at you through a window and you're behind cover, you can line up your shot while behind cover and stab him in the face. They're also good for canceling lag. If you miss a knife, you can throw this right away for a second chance. It might also have less cooldown than the normal Melee, but I'm not sure.

Tactical Insertion:
You can put this down behind the enemy spawn or near the center of the map so you can shorten your running distance. It has it's uses.

Claymore: You shouldn't really be camping. Might have a use in Search or objective gametypes, but not really the ideal Equipment for an SMG class.

C4: More useful in an objective gametype than TDM. Not the most ideal Equipment.

Blast Shield:
You can survive explosions with this, though you really shouldn't be getting hit by any if you're on the move. You should be able to just run past claymores anyways.

Equipment to use: Frag, Semtex, or Throwing Knife.

Death Streaks

Copy Cat: No.

Painkiller: Useful since you can get to the enemy fast enough for it to still work. This and Final Stand are probably the only ones worth using.

Martyrdom: Nobody dies by Martyrdom, you can just throw the frag away or run.

Final Stand: Kill the guy who got you and be able to get back up to continue your run. It's pretty useless if you get taken out at long range, however.

Deathstreak to use: None are incredibly useful for an SMG. Painkiller is probably the most useful.

Feel free to fix anything I may have said. =]

S

smash brawl player 99021

Best Launcher IMO has to be...hmm...Javelin I guess.
I'm prepared for any flaming coming my way.

A great class I'm running right now is

Tar-21@Holographic Sight
Spas@Silencer
Tact. Insertion (For Camping reasons)
Stuns
Scavenger
Stopping Power Pro
Commando Pro

Keep in mind I'm level 28 now.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Stinger is the best launcher.

and wtf why do you people use Commando worst perk ever i sware

Also, I dare say that the PP2000 with Extended Mags outclasses all Subs.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Icy, you should use a Silencer on the Tar and use the irons. =/

Best launcher for killing people purposes would have to be the RPG in my opinion. The Thumper might arc like a noob tube, but it actually has a different distance attached and is harder to aim in my experience. I'm using it on my dual noob tube/demo class until I get RPGs.

Stinger is best for air support.

Edit: Mad, Commando is awesome. Surviving falls is a godsend on Quarry, and the extra knife range is very nice.

Besides, what else am I supposed to use until I get Ninja. D:

PP2000 has a low amount of ammo. You'd need Scavenger. I like the freedom of Marathon with an SMG.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is going under the assumption that you are using Scav/Stopping/Ninja.

PP2000 w/ Extended Mags > every sub machine gun.

Frankly, I don't trust the knife. You can always avoid fall damage. Ninja just benefits you more than any perk in the third tier.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I like to sprint around the map, so PP2000 wouldn't cut it for my Marathon/Cold Blooded/Ninja set up.

I don't usually use the knife, but Commando makes it very reliable. Also, there's no other really good Tier 3 perk for me to use until Ninja comes along. I usually don't need Steady Aim.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
This is going under the assumption that you are using Scav/Stopping/Ninja.

PP2000 w/ Extended Mags > every sub machine gun.

Frankly, I don't trust the knife. You can always avoid fall damage. Ninja just benefits you more than any perk in the third tier.
how many extra bullets does Extended Mags add to the PP2000?

<-- has never unlocked Extended Mags on anything yet lol

Top Bottom