• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
fox vs cf imposible
jiggs vs cf gayimpossible
marth vs cf seebelow
falco vs cf impossible
sheik vs cf impossible

if you're the best player in the world and your opponent has no hands with broken eyes, you can win vs. Marth. otherwise you get ***** by all of them.
i fixed it

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
All i can suggest is you change your dair edge guards into bair/knee edge guards.

edit: also, dope seemed to not use the platforms much, which leads me to believe he might not be great with them. The few times he was on a platform he did something half-reckless (the very first time he jumped at you then double jumped high and came from above with a dair). Basically, just make sure you keep an eye out for exploitable things. This would have been something to test him on, maybe get a stock or so out of it.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
matchup numbers dont matter

falcon realistically loses those matchups, but the numbers are pointless

sheik is probably the hardest, then falco then fox then jiggs then marth

but, as in any matchup, you cant just lose to every fox you play and blame it on the matchup. you need to learn to beat those characters with falcon if you want to say youre a successful falcon main.

falcon loses to all of them, but you should be able to beat them if you want to say youre a better player than your opponent

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lol wtf

marth is the best matchup he has in top tiers. it's even or slightly favor

jiggs is slight disadvantage

fox and falco and sheik are large disadvantage

Scar

#HarveyDent
i think they're all the hardest depending on the player

fox is unbeatable
jiggs in unbeatable
falco is unbeatable
sheik / marth are beatable

the only thing is that if you put enough pressure on the opponent they will mess up, then if they mess up you can capitalize on it, and if you hit them ever you theoretically can kill them

so you can win any match it's just a matter of how well you create openings for CF and how well you punish afterwards

so no, matchup numbers don't matter but if they don't mess up you're going to lose and there's nothing you can do about it.

edit: disregard this, TML's tournament record speaks for itself, listen to him

Scar

#HarveyDent
it's long-debated. the falcon players say marth wins, the marth players say falcon wins, some marth players say marth wins, and since isai beat ken 5 years ago a nonzero % of the population think that falcon wins.

so people settled on, "it's even." marth has a slight advantage.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I just feel more comfortable as falcon vs marth than marth vs falcon. I play s1lent w0lf 3ggz c!z and sometimes dj combo. Only two of which are marth mains but they are all good.

I feel more comfortable. They are still better players than me but I dont get ***** unless I really just **** up in which case anyone would.

and m2k almost always goes sheik vs falcon during friendlys.

D

Deleted member

Falcon vs Marth

You can either dash dance camp like a douche

or

scare the **** out of your opponent and approaching when they don't expect it. When they are getting more scared, they are more likely to mash up-tilt (good kok block move) after every aerial or sit in their shield

thats when u ****

Niko45

Smash Master
it's long-debated. the falcon players say marth wins, the marth players say falcon wins, some marth players say marth wins, and since isai beat ken 5 years ago a nonzero % of the population think that falcon wins.

so people settled on, "it's even." marth has a slight advantage.
Yea I guess I'd say it's even. Only because dthrow knee is complete bull****.

Yea I said it.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
thanks buddy

edit: disregard this, TML's tournament record speaks for itself, listen to him
Ohhhh right somehow my opinion is discredited when I have hell of a lot more to put up than a lot of people on this ****ing site. Sarcastically diss me to say my opinion doesn't matter... well I'm not in such a good position as some others. If I'm lucky I get to play a human being once a month only for a couple hours, never anyone better than me. I only practice tech skill v cpu's and do testing. Even with this severe hindrance I've had for years; I'm 3rd on a PR, and I place in the money at all our regions events which are starting to pull 50 entrants with OOS and sometimes OOC presence. I've poured over this game and this site for years now and have followed the game and the community, done tons of statistical, debug, and frame play experiments, collected so much information from every possible outlet... I have a hell of a lot more to offer than most of the ****ing ******* on this site.

but no your opinion and the opinions of a lot of top falcon mains are much more important and accurate. Keeping aside the self character degredation and frequent sentiments that Falcon can't do anything against a more capable higher tiered character... your opinion matters. Why not help the community more often and talk about the things Falcon can put on the table, and talk about the fact that in order to win you have to be better at what Falcon can do than what your opponent can do with their character.

Instead we receive endless banter discussing the impossibility of matchups and how much better every other character in the game is. Offer some real insight here... this topic is a joke, the mods on this site are a complete waste and are mostly relics, the community's a total joke, MBR is a trainwreck save very few members.

Edit: And mogwai I probably won't be travelling to any tournament in another year or so but I challenge you to a $50 MM regardless. Or you can come to my region and get completely wrecked by nobodies. **** yourself.

Scar - Just in case of name search, I haven't referenced you in the actual post by name.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I will likely be coming to a Canadian tournament soon. I saw one on facebook that was interesting and then I saw some others in tournament listings. I'll definitely come and it will be tons of fun. Canada's a great place to travel to smash.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Why are you even angry at Mogwai? He didn't even say anything to you.

Dthrow to knee only works when you catch a Marth expecting an uthrow to knee or something, or just DIing really badly like Reneblade said.

$mike

Smash Ace
I'll do the first match. btw Juggleguy, my old tag was Mask (I saw you commented on a match of mine from a mad long time ago), just so you don't think I'm a scrub who just started playing.

:07 - wasn't a good time to nair approach. Dope was jumping down from above, so an uair would've been better.

:11-:17 - nice.

:17 - if you did a ledgehop stomp, it probably would've been harder for Dope to tech. You might have even been able to kill him with an edgehog.

:32 - stomp would've been better. It kinda looks like you messed up around here though.

:36 - don't do that against a good Falco when they're so close to the ledge and undistracted.

:37 - see above, although you traded with him.

:51-53 - don't use up B when he's standing right in front of you. He can edgeguard you sooo easily like this. When your opponent is standing towards you at the edge, try to sweetspot and/or tech the ledge when he tries to hit.

1:14 - Dope did the same thing he did at :07. A ton of spacies do this (stalling an empty full hop to double jump to bait an attack/grab). Don't try to dash dance in hopes that he'll just fall down and miss an attack. Double jump an uair or something.

1:18 - lol, be careful. Dope predicted that you were gonna attack, which you did, but you barely missed him. You would've gotten eaten by his up tilt if it hit. Be weary of when to attack and not to attack.

1:23 - Dope spotdodged. Take note of this for when you try to approach/attack/grab again.

1:27 - he did it again. Why were you trying to get onto the tree branch...? When you approached him, he spotdodged. You ran back and missed a waveland onto the tree, but you could've ran back and grabbed him (if you were quick enough), or you could have knee'd him when he thought you were gonna grab him (when he spotdodged). This is really important to notice against spacies because it's incredibly punishable. Make them flinch every time they spotdodge.

1:50 - wut

1:58 - you had it! I guess you were trying to mindgame him or something, but if you did a bair at the end of your double jump you probably would've gotten him.

2:10 - late on the timing. This really messed you up.

2:27 - ...? I guess you messed up the timing of the uair and mistakenly full hopped.

2:28 - don't attack on your way back down. When you miss something, most (skilled) people will bait you to attack again (like you did here). Like I said before, know when to attack and not attack. But I'll tell you that when you miss an aeriel, don't attack immediately after unless there's no way you can get punished.

2:33 - retreated laser. When he's being defensive like this, he wants you to approach. This is a tricky situation to handle, but I probably would have kept dodging the lasers until a punish came up for me.

2:50 - he was sitting in his shield, why stomp?

Rest of match - ugh

Overall:

- tighten up your tech skill
- know when to use your attacks and where (spacing) - probably most important
- notice your opponent's habits and punish

General tips:

- shield to spaced nair is amazing for messing up Falco's laser approach and getting grabs. You should try it more.
- when you get a grab, don't always initially guess where they're going to tech. Learn to regrab off of reaction and punish with an educated guess when you think you'll get him.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
marth vs cap is ********. when's the last time a pro marth has beaten a pro cap? i can't even remember the last time it's happened. hbk vs scar? LOL and i think it'll only get worse since there're no more marths and the caps are spreading like a bad rash

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Edit: And mogwai I probably won't be travelling to any tournament in another year or so but I challenge you to a $50 MM regardless. Or you can come to my region and get completely wrecked by nobodies. **** yourself.
lol, u mad? hell, I wasn't even trying to piss you off with that comment, I guess I'm just that good *flexes*.

i hypothetically accept your hypothetical money match. I'm not coming to your region, cause well... there's nothing to do in upstate new york beside MM you for $50, so whenever you decide to come to either a big deal tournament or a closer to NYC tournament, we can do it.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Ah I'm sorry Scar.

I just snapped, had to vent.

I've been discussing matchups/tiers/stages/rules so much lately... why is this community, so late in the metagame, still disagreeing with each other all the time on EVERYTHING? It makes me rage!

Win that falcon tournament. i'm sorry again xD

Top Bottom