• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
congrats on maining the boringest, n00b character in the game

(if u want any tips I can give them to u)

---

ur supposed to up-throw knee Marths, not down-throw. If the percentage isn't high enough then up-throw double up-air

or just up-throw up-air if you are scared
sadly s2j is 100% correct about 64 falcon. 64 falcon has like no depth as a character.

about throw/kneeing marth: you are supposed to start dthrowing marths after 80 or so percent, right?

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol niko i hope you're not talking about me

bc scar whining and complaining = scar not being serious at all

i.e. the entire rom1 commentary i think is ****ing hysterical

i.e. falcon loses every matchup in the game including dittos i think is extremely funny

but i know that realistically falcon has evenish matchups with every character, human limitations and human tendencies give him a huge edge that other characters don't have access to so if you're good enough at this point you can prob beat anyone

jiggs is the best char in the game to win tourneys with but shes not outright broken or busted, she doesn't get enough credit but whatever

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
sadly s2j is 100% correct about 64 falcon. 64 falcon has like no depth as a character.
a) I'm not debating that
b) I fail to see the depth in kirby
c) I don't really care about depth since I just play on VC vs. whoever wants to play me, which amounts to not a whole lot. His lack of depth and room for development are perfect for me. It's like how I'd play Sheik if I were a casual Melee player so that I could stay OK without much upkeep

I'm done with this in Scar's thread since it's detracting from the Melee discussion.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya mogwai **** you we were talking about melee CF stuff

so he sucks so hard dude i wish i mained any other character he ****ing loses to everyone including doc now

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
you think your character blows? Falco has the worse recovery in the game, just ask any Falco player!

All of our matchups blow because we respawn at DEATH%. Like, Falcon vs. Falco is 100-0 for Falcon cause you just fair us once and we can do nothing but die.

Niko45

Smash Master
lol nah scar nobody specifically in mind.

This is all your fault tho, I hope you know. Kids just watch IKM and go nuts and then when they're in too deep realize there's a real ugly dark side to playing falcon i.e. getting fsmashed by marth 12 times to death.

Banks

Smash Hero
sheik actually ****ing sucks because she loses to fox/falco and she only has like three moves and they are all expected. all you have to do is shield and spot dodge to beat her with falcon, so idk what everyone is complaining about with their superior and technical characters.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
sheik actually ****ing sucks because she loses to fox/falco and she only has like three moves and they are all expected. all you have to do is shield and spot dodge to beat her with falcon, so idk what everyone is complaining about with their superior and technical characters.
dude, omg, tell me about it, Falcon's spot dodge is so broken. I dunno, what they're complaining about with their 17 frames of invincibility, it's ********.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
you **** up, you get ****ed up

hard

Banks

Smash Hero
yea, sheik def gets ****ed hard even when DI'ing correctly (towards each aerial and away when knee'd to avoid followup)

Spife

Smash Master
You think your characters are bad?
Try being a hero, defeating ganon every chance you get and being helped out by a ****** and still getting CG'd by both of them.

3 Options? Link has none (except changing to Fox :bee:)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
why would you DI into falcon's comboes? Maybe thats why you get ***** by falcon?

i fail if you werent being serious and just playing along.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you think your character blows? Falco has the worse recovery in the game, just ask any Falco player!

All of our matchups blow because we respawn at DEATH%. Like, Falcon vs. Falco is 100-0 for Falcon cause you just fair us once and we can do nothing but die.
roy has a worse recovery.

Need advice on how to win Falcon dittos.
approach very, very little. low % nair to grab and bair to grab and knee to grab. utilt or ledge hop bair/knee/uair for ledge guards. if the other falcon is above you uair ***** him. if he's tech chasing you better than you are him then you should play a platform heavy game, camp with dair, dodge uairs, drop with bair and begin your ****. try your best to roll as little as possible

also, considering unsubbing this thread...it's not even funny, this is just stupid bull****

Banks

Smash Hero
why would you DI into falcon's comboes? Maybe thats why you get ***** by falcon?

i fail if you werent being serious and just playing along.

.......................................................................................

lol come on now

Scar

#HarveyDent
stop whining >:[

falcon has the best combos in the game yes?

yes.
no falco has the best combos

and then fox and then sheik and OMFG marth

he hits you one time with his sword and you get literally autocombod to like 150%

but he cant kill you bc hes the worst char

and sheik has to ftilt dtilt ftilt utilt dash attack fair which works 100% of the time and none of those moves have lag at all so she combos way better

but she has a ****ty approach bc shes like the worst char

fox hits you with literally anything and it doesn't even have to hit you bc then he shines likie a ****** and can grab usmash jab whatever he wants out of it and then proceed to usmash you 2 more times, utilt, grab, uthrow nair regrab and uthrow uair jab usmash shine usmash at any % which kills you regardless of stage position bc vertical kills are ****ing gay best character in the game

falcos combos are literally move shine dair shine dair shine dair shine both moves do like 45% damage and if he misses and fsmashes you lose the game except his recovery blows and his lasers keep yout rapped so he can approach however he wants whenever he wants

FALCON on the other hand ****ing sucks, wow nair you throw your feet out twice with decent range but 0 hitbox for 1/3 of the move, and dair fair bair come out like 40x slower than every sex kick so you have no approach that way, and uair, bc falcon is a ****ing moron and decides to backflip for no reason, is no approach at all either bc IT'S A BACKFLIP. YOU'RE KICKING TOO HIGH DUDE.

gg jona once you finally do hit them you need to predict their DI and follow up in like a half a second do combo with falcon his combos are ****ing garbage unless you're scar

jigglypuff's combos suck bc they're only 2 hits but the 2nd one kills you at any % so... best char.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
no falco has the best combos

and then fox and then sheik and OMFG marth

he hits you one time with his sword and you get literally autocombod to like 150%

but he cant kill you bc hes the worst char

and sheik has to ftilt dtilt ftilt utilt dash attack fair which works 100% of the time and none of those moves have lag at all so she combos way better

but she has a ****ty approach bc shes like the worst char

fox hits you with literally anything and it doesn't even have to hit you bc then he shines likie a ****** and can grab usmash jab whatever he wants out of it and then proceed to usmash you 2 more times, utilt, grab, uthrow nair regrab and uthrow uair jab usmash shine usmash at any % which kills you regardless of stage position bc vertical kills are ****ing gay best character in the game

falcos combos are literally move shine dair shine dair shine dair shine both moves do like 45% damage and if he misses and fsmashes you lose the game except his recovery blows and his lasers keep yout rapped so he can approach however he wants whenever he wants

FALCON on the other hand ****ing sucks, wow nair you throw your feet out twice with decent range but 0 hitbox for 1/3 of the move, and dair fair bair come out like 40x slower than every sex kick so you have no approach that way, and uair, bc falcon is a ****ing moron and decides to backflip for no reason, is no approach at all either bc IT'S A BACKFLIP. YOU'RE KICKING TOO HIGH DUDE.

gg jona once you finally do hit them you need to predict their DI and follow up in like a half a second do combo with falcon his combos are ****ing garbage unless you're scar

jigglypuff's combos suck bc they're only 2 hits but the 2nd one kills you at any % so... best char.
lol, there are so many parts of this I want to sig...

otg

Smash Master
OK a few things here:

- Falcon in 64 is the most boring character ever. Any scrub can play him. As a result, I'm going to **** you in that game Wes, LET'S ****ING GO.
- The Falcon boards are officially ********
- lol at my crewmates who quit the game but are still ****ing trolling here.

****ing smashboards.

D

Deleted member

a) I'm not debating that
b) I fail to see the depth in kirby
c) I don't really care about depth since I just play on VC vs. whoever wants to play me, which amounts to not a whole lot. His lack of depth and room for development are perfect for me. It's like how I'd play Sheik if I were a casual Melee player so that I could stay OK without much upkeep

I'm done with this in Scar's thread since it's detracting from the Melee discussion.
maybe you should learn the game before you make scrub assumptions

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Fox is the most fun char in 64. fair/bair spacing and shdl (with stun) = win. auto combos like fair to utilt at low percents and the obvious dair->utilt->dair string. Oh and jab->usmash

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
*facepalm while shaking head*

this discussion... :psycho:

And don't worry Afro Chris Falcon is still my top priority in the smash world I just use Fox in tournaments! :laugh:

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
your only hope is to lose and CP with marth lol. but yea, i would like to hear a response on this.

D

Deleted member

yeah

all those memorizes of my terran vs ur zerg

--

for ice climbers, I don't know what the **** I am doing.

But if you are getting chaingrabbed you can go berserk on your controller so hard that you will often smash DI so far away that they cannot regrab

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Well it may be hard to get a serious response so here are basic tips...

-Mash out
-SDI
-gentlemen after airials to get frame advantage
-don't get grabbed. hit and run aerials on shields and buffer rolls (hold shield button and hold left or right c-stick to roll) to avoid getting grabbed

Once you get something going IC's are really easy to combo so just be wary of being grabbed in the first place the most in this matchup!

`DNS`

Smash Lord

You guys think you have it bad?
Don't even get me started on Fox.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lol thats good to hear, are u going to pound?
Nah sadly my money is really really really bad I'm very in debt. If I don't make some scratch from our next big regional I won't be able to get to a Canadian tournament. We're looking at a big turnout though and I'll get first in teams at least. So hopefully I'll be up there in a couple months for something. I haven't seen anything huge though so let me know if there's one I should go to specifically. We should team that would be fun I am much more legit now haha :laugh:

Top Bottom