• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

IC3R

Smash Lord
In my opinion, when we are creating these new Pokemon, we shouldn't use Tutors from the previous games.

(This would make for some interesting illegal movesets...)

And aside from Tutor moves, the hummingbirds are complete. (Now for the art!)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
In my opinion, when we are creating these new Pokemon, we shouldn't use Tutors from the previous games.

(This would make for some interesting illegal movesets...)
I backtracked to D/P/Pt for mine. Considering they have all the same move tutors in HG/SS and some solid extras, I figured it was safe to say that these moves (and the ones in HG/SS) were going to be sticking around for a while. Plus it gives us a nice base to use for future move tutor moves.

And now...on to my Fire Starter! (I hope it isn't too bad!)

Neofant

Neofant is the Fire starter for the new generation. It has a small, mysterious, pearl-like gem in the center of its forehead that absorbs light and glows when in the dark. Despite Neofant’s calm and laid-back demeanor, it has an extremely high body temperature and can cause 3rd degree burns on touch.

Height: 2’1”
Weight: 117.6 lbs.

Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male, 12.5% Female
Egg Group: Ground
Evolution: Ilumiphant@Level 14

Base Stats
HP: 51
Attack: 47
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 50
Speed: 41
Total: 309

Level-Up Moves
Lv -- Tackle
Lv -- Tail Whip
Lv 7 Ember
Lv 10 Defense Curl
Lv 16 Protect
Lv 19 Will-O-Wisp
Lv 25 Body Slam
Lv 28 Swift
Lv 34 Power Gem
Lv 37 Flamethrower
Lv 43 Calm Mind
Lv 46 Flare Blitz

Egg Moves
Heat Wave
AncientPower
Double-Edge
Future Sight
Psycho Shift
Iron Head
Morning Sun
Lava Plume
Hypnosis

Ilumiphant

Ilumiphant is the evolved form of Neofant. The gem on its head has grown much larger during evolution, and has given the elephant psychic abilities. This has made Ilumiphant extremely unstable however, and it has a hard time controlling its new abilities because of this. It also has a hard time controlling its body temperature, and large emotional spikes have been known to make its body ignite.

Height: 4’7”
Weight: 456.3 lbs.

Type: Fire/Psychic
Evolution: Tuskorch@Level 36

Base Stats
HP: 71
Attack: 64
Defense: 67
Special Attack: 84
Special Defense: 68
Speed: 51
Total: 405

Level-Up Moves
Lv -- Tackle
Lv -- Tail Whip
Lv -- Ember
Lv -- Defense Curl
Lv 14 Confusion
Lv 17 Protect
Lv 21 Will-O-Wisp
Lv 28 Body Slam
Lv 32 Extrasensory
Lv 39 Power Gem
Lv 42 Solar Beam
Lv 50 Calm Mind
Lv 54 Flare Blitz

Tuskorch

The final evolution of Neofant. The gem has become too big to fit in its head and has fallen out. This dislodging has then caused Flarodon to be on an almost constant rage, and the hole in its head shoots lava on a near constant basis. Before the gem left however, it had gained full control of its psychic abilities and could even use them in its angered state. As for what happened to the gem, it now keeps it in its trunk and still uses it as a light source.

Height: 7’6”
Weight: 783.8 lbs.

Type: Fire/Psychic

Base Stats
HP: 96
Attack: 83
Defense: 86
Special Attack: 109
Special Defense: 89
Speed: 71
Total: 534

Level-Up Moves
Lv -- Tackle
Lv -- Tail Whip
Lv -- Ember
Lv -- Defense Curl
Lv -- Confusion
Lv 18 Protect
Lv 23 Will-O-Wisp
Lv 31 Body Slam
Lv 36 Extrasensory
Lv 44 Power Gem
Lv 48 Lava Plume
Lv 57 Psychic
Lv 62 Eruption

TM/HM Moves
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solar Beam
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM48 - Skill Swap
TM50 - Overheat
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM58 - Endure
TM61 - Will-O-Wisp
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM92 - Trick Room
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash

Move Tutor
Blast Burn
Knock Off
Trick
Zen Headbutt
Snore
Swift
Uproar
AncientPower
Signal Beam
Endeavor
Heat Wave
Block
Gravity

Other name suggestions are COMPLETELY welcome. This was the best I could come up with, and...well, I don’t really think they’re all that great. **** names. I hate making them. ;-;

As for a tier, I think it'll probably sit at BL or UU. It's got a pretty decent movepool and is bulky enough to take a couple of hits, but its 5 weaknesses, all to very prominent attacking types, is baaddd.

JOE!

Smash Hero
the typing isnt that bad, it resists fighting and ice, (along with grass, steel, fire and psy).

only ground, rock, dark, ghost and water hurt it. Only 2 of those are majors from my knowledge, and in return it resists 2 majors

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fighting, Ice, and Fire ARE common attacking types, but....

Ground is a Major Weakness, Rock is a pretty bad weakness, Dark is a weakness that you really don't want, Ghost is a weakness that, well, isn't the prettiest in the world, but isn't terrible, and a water weakness is really bad.

Its pretty freaking terrible defensively. UU at best, lol. But thats what we need right, a mixture of competative quality in starters, thats how its always been.

JOE!

Smash Hero
now, why is this one with 5 weaknesses considered bad, but then you say Zongera is Overpowered when he has 5 weaknesses as well?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Zongera was nerfed, his Special Defense was dropped, and Ground Absorbtions was split into Dust Wave and Recover. Zongera WAS overpowered, now its not.

Besides, Flarodon has pretty mediocre stats, and has has a not-so-relaible recovery, morning sun, as compared to something that has much better stats, what would probably become the best Physical wall in the game, and a reliable recovery that gets rid of all but Stealth Rock that couldn't be stopped.

Now without that, Zongera is balanced, but still significantly better than Flarodon due to how its stats are balanced out.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
How 'bout this:

MOVE
Stick Silk
Bug
POW: --
ACC: --
PP: 20
Induces Stick Silk condition (wears off after switch).
1) The opponent cannot Fling or Trick items, nor be tricked.
2) If the opponent attacks directly, he/she/it picks up all entry hazards and takes damage equal to that of switching in on them.
3) Rapid Spin or a critical hit cures it.

Eh? Eh?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I think this is Platy's first post outside of the Counter Game thread.

Too bad it was on an idea that I personally think is pretty stupid. The fact that it would prevent Trick and Fling (and Knock Off, you forgot to mention) if caught on the switch in is enough. But with your conditions, unless a Spinner switches in on it, they'll have to switch out IMMEDIATELY or they'll kill themselves from up to 37% recoil on a standard Pokemon from attacking. Then take into effect out Magma Pool is added in and might make burns happen, 6% recoil isn't much if you switch into this, but being burned would if you repededly get entry hazard damage... unthinkable.

Magma Pool is one of the first attacks we thought of, and its already reshaping the theoretical metagame.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Magma Pool is one of the first attacks we thought of, and its already reshaping the theoretical metagame.
I'd lol so hard if SR was the first new attack that Gamefreak thought up when making Diamond and Pearl.

And yes, I did just make a bash at my own move (although I personally don't think SR is broken...it just alters things a lot; like EQ). ^.^

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hey guys, I found a little critter here, does he look familiar to any of you at all?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Elephants seem like an interesting idea for a Fire-Starter, moreso than the tyranosaurs we originally planned on. With the gem being a "light source", I think it should be safe to say it has the flavour to use Flash Cannon, as it is a light-based move. On the subject of flavor, I'm not sure if having a gaping hole in its forehead is exactly welcome. >______>; But that's just my opinion.

Regarding the subject of Move Tutors, it seems Writer_Kupo holds a valid point; one I shall take advantage of for the hummingbirds (yay for Heat Wave! :))

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Elephants seem like an interesting idea for a Fire-Starter, moreso than the tyranosaurs we originally planned on. With the gem being a "light source", I think it should be safe to say it has the flavour to use Flash Cannon, as it is a light-based move. On the subject of flavor, I'm not sure if having a gaping hole in its forehead is exactly welcome. >______>; But that's just my opinion.
Oh, the hole would end up being like a volcano. :) The other names I had chosen for it were Luxodon, Soladon, and Volcadon, but I felt as though 'Flare' fit it better than the others thanks to the names of its preceding evolutions; as well as the demeanor I tried to give it. I don't know though, I might be wrong.

And yeah, I gave it all its moves before I came up with a full description on them, so I forgot to add on Flash Cannon when I was done. DX Adding now.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Arbok evo from Next Gen. Ideas.

Adnocana (Anaconda backwards)
Type: Poison / Dark
Ability: Intimidate / Shed Skin
HP: 85
Atk: 112
Def: 90
Sp Atk: 86
Sp Def: 100
Spd: 102

Slightly boosted stats overall, movepool welcomes Stone Edge, Super Fang and Sucker Punch. Not much else to say here.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Arbok evolution that could abuse Shed Skin and Poison Fang would be pretty cool.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hey guys, I found a little critter here, does he look familiar to any of you at all?

Awww! It's great! :bee:

Oh, the hole would end up being like a volcano. :) The other names I had chosen for it were Luxodon, Soladon, and Volcadon, but I felt as though 'Flare' fit it better than the others thanks to the names of its preceding evolutions; as well as the demeanor I tried to give it. I don't know though, I might be wrong.

And yeah, I gave it all its moves before I came up with a full description on them, so I forgot to add on Flash Cannon when I was done. DX Adding now.
I think the -don suffix is overused, but overall, it's a cool idea for a Pokemon! I like the name Ilumiphant (I guess you forgot to edit that); I think it'd make a better name for the middle stage, while Tuskorch could be the final stage.

Arbok evo from Next Gen. Ideas.

Adnocana (Anaconda backwards)
Type: Poison / Dark
Ability: Intimidate / Shed Skin
HP: 85
Atk: 112
Def: 90
Sp Atk: 86
Sp Def: 100
Spd: 102

Slightly boosted stats overall, movepool welcomes Stone Edge, Super Fang and Sucker Punch. Not much else to say here.

-Terywj
I like it. A welcome improvement on everyone's favorite snake (though the name is a bit awkward).

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I think the -don suffix is overused, but overall, it's a cool idea for a Pokemon!
I was just going to use it because the scientific name for the African elephant (which is larger than the Asian elephant, and thus chosen for the final stage) is Loxodonta. I didn't know if I liked the -ta on the end though, so I cut it out. :\

EDIT:: So the gem used to be on TOP of the pachyderm's head? That makes a little more sense...
That...does make more sense. >.< Although I'm not sure about it being right on the top of the head. I think it would make the head look awkward that way. Maybe...to the very upper tip of its forehead? It's still extremely close to the top, but it doesn't make it look as awkward (at least in my own mind). I could just include in the design that as it got older, the gem moves farther and farther up its forehead? I like having the gem in the middle of its forehead for the base form, but as it gets bigger I guess it doesn't matter much.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I was just going to use it because the scientific name for the African elephant (which is larger than the Asian elephant, and thus chosen for the final stage) is Loxodonta. I didn't know if I liked the -ta on the end though, so I cut it out. :\
I dunno if you saw my edit, Writer, but I thought Ilumiphant was a nice name (something you must've scratched) for the middle form and Tuskorch would sound cool as the final form's name. IMO, though. Don- has been used on Donphan already, and it'd be less repetitive.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I kind of imagined the placement of the gem like this when you were explaining it (the circular thing on his forehead)

Edit: wtf i never noticed the names of ekans and arbok before lol. And I think something like tnepres would be better, or some other snake name backwards :p

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I dunno if you saw my edit, Writer, but I thought Ilumiphant was a nice name (something you must've scratched) for the middle form and Tuskorch would sound cool as the final form's name. IMO, though. Don- has been used on Donphan already, and it'd be less repetitive.
...my god, I can't believe a missed edit was actually the creation of a better name line. XD The names have been changed. Also, another consideration for the first form's name was a different spelling of Cresephant as Cresefant. This gives it a cross between the obvious elephant, but also infant. I didn't bother with it before because of the -phant prefix being non-existent on the other two, but now I think it fits better anyway (it's amazing what not having a headache can do to your thought process...). Thoughts?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@FlyingFilipino:

Ekans -> Arbok -> Adnocana

Snake -> Kobra -> Anaconda

-Terywj
I got that, but it doesn't roll off the tongue that well. Maybe it'll grow on me. Perhaps change it to Adnokana just so it can have a K like the rest of the line (and give it some added flavor)?

...my god, I can't believe a missed edit was actually the creation of a better name line. XD The names have been changed. Also, another consideration for the first form's name was a different spelling of Cresephant as Cresefant. This gives it a cross between the obvious elephant, but also infant. I didn't bother with it before because of the -phant prefix being non-existent on the other two, but now I think it fits better anyway (it's amazing what not having a headache can do to your thought process...). Thoughts?
I like the -fant suffix, but maybe we could come up with a better prefix relating to light/heat.

EDIT: How about "Neofant"? It's kinda like neon + neo- (new) + infant + elephant all put together.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I like the -fant suffix, but maybe we could come up with a better prefix relating to light/heat.
Cres- is actually meant to be a variation of Cresset (essentially a lantern), and you should be able to see why I didn't use Cress-. :) I do agree with a better first part though. Finding something to use and put on -fant that doesn't suck is hard though. Or at least I thought it was. :(

EDIT: Didn't see your edit. I like that. I might still keep on thinking, but for now we'll go with that.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Terywj: What about Relltar? Rattler...meh, doesn't sound as exotic.

@Writer: Ah, I learned a new word today, then. :bee: If only Candelafant would fit. A candela is the SI unit for luminosity, which fits pretty well.

As a random thought, "Incinerape" would've been a cool name for Infernape, but I can see why they might not have gone with that.

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Trucoster
Type: Dark

The little bad boy, Trucoster. Enjoys playing tricks on people and other Pokemon, but in good hearted fun. Very expressive, uses its face for many moves. The wings on its back wings are so small, they cant be used for much.

Base Stats
HP: 45
Atk: 50
Def: 60
S.Atk: 60
S.Def: 30
Spe: 65

Abilities:
Frisk: Allows the Pokémon to see the opponent's held item upon entering battle.
Runaway: Run Away guarantees escape from a wild Pokémon.

Moves:

-- Fake Tears
-- Scratch
-- Leer
5. Bite
11. Lick
18. Faint Attack
25. Night Shade
32. Night Slash
38. Pursuit
45. Dark Pulse
51. Mean Look

Nochestalk
Type: Dark/Flying

Evolves at level 22. Trucoster has grown up, and finally those wings have developed. A bit more serious, Nochestalk still has the look, and more of a bite.

Base Stats

HP: 70
Atk: 80
Def: 95
S.Atk: 95
S.Def: 55
Spe: 95

Abilities
Frisk: Allows the Pokemon to see the opponent's held item upon entering battle.
Deep Gaze: Lowers opponents S.Atk upon switch in.

Moves

-- Fake Tears
-- Scratch
-- Leer
22. Scary Face
22. Aerial Ace
26. Night Shade
33. Night Slash
39. Nasty Plot
46. Dark Pulse
52. Air Slash
56. Fly

TMs
TM02. Dragon Claw
TM08. Bulk Up
TM10. Hidden Power
TM12. Taunt
TM17. Protect
TM21. Frustration
TM23. Iron Tail
TM27. Return
TM32. Double Team
TM40. Aerial Ace
TM41. Torment
TM43. Secret Power
TM46. Thief
TM47. Steel Wing
TM49. Snatch
TM51. Roost
TM54. False Swipe
TM58. Endure
TM63. Embargo
TM65. Shadow Claw
TM66. Payback
TM75. Swords Dance
TM79. Dark Pulse
TM85. Dream Eater
TM87. Swagger
TM90. Substitute
HM01. Cut
HM04. Strength
HM05. Defog
HM08. Rock Climb

Whew! That took awhile... So my idea for this Pokemon was a Gargoyle. Silent and scary. I also wanted them to use face moves because I thought the sprite would have evil faces, something like the Gastly/Haunter/Gengar family. I also wanted to do a UU Pokemon, or something that's not immensely OP. Only thing is, the sprite. I cant draw for ****, soo.... yeah. Ill sketch something up, I just dont want Trucoster to look too much like Gligar.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think we're making up too many moves / abilities.

We may have to do the separation thing again, like with the first Next Gen. thread series.

And Deep Gaze sounds better than Boring Gaze, in my opinion.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Also, Air Slash is good enough for a flying move. The Flinch makes up for the lack of power 100%

Oh, and now the best artwork in the thread gets a sprite. Incedentally, its the worst sprite I've ever made. EVER.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Also, you forgot the daisy on top of its head. The most important part!

How's this for Trucoster and Nochestalk? (nice use of Spanish) (Also, I wouldn't use Dark Void)

They look a bit generic, but I was going for the gargoyle theme....

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

Any better?

Edit:

Browsed what Risque said.

Risque needs to learn how to Pokemon. Just sayin'

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Wow flyinfilipino! That was almost exactly how I pictured them. I really like the face on Trucoster too.

And Ultimario is probably right. This was my first one and I suck at most things I do. So if anyone wants to think of a new moveset or Base stats I guess thats fine...

EDIT: Changed Boring Gaze to Deep Gaze and got rid of Whispering Winds. Aerial Ace is now learned at level 22 and Air Slash replaces WW. And Dark Void is now Night Slash.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It needs Egg moves as Move Tutor Moves, for Egg moves, just look for Pokemon that are similar in structure to yours, give it an egg group or two based off that, then start putting in Egg moves. For Move Tutor moves, well, go to serebii and look at Mew's Pokedex page to see what move tutor moves exist, and just fill in what you think it needs. You also should make seperate TM lists for each evolution, and also add in TMs that are always learned. Such as Natural Gift, and for fully evolved forms, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, this'll also allow you to add more moves dependant on the Pokemon's physical changes.

Top Bottom