• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So, wait, its transform, WITHOUT the moveset change?

LOL MINDGAMES.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Will this thing evolve?

And what's up with its ability...?

-Terywj
I wasn't planning on it, but I guess it could...I prefer keeping it as a single though.

You don't get it? It's basically a way of tricking the opponent into thinking you have a Pokemon that you don't actually have (or at least one you have on the field).

Let's say that my opponent sends out Flygon while I send out Imiguise. However, my opponent will think that I also sent out Flygon, and therefore uses Outrage to get a super effective hit. However, Imiguise is steel, so he'll resist it, and Imiguise gets a free turn (essentially) to do whatever. It also copies the ability, so in this case, Flygon could not use Earthquake to target my Steel typing (though I'm realizing now that this is basically a superior version of Trace, so I think I'll remove the ability copying part).

UltiMario gets it lol.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Its stats are low, and it has a pretty crappy movepool.

I say its only decent with an ability like that. It deserves it. It is the ultimate gimmick. We NEED an ultimate gimmick Pokemon.

Also, it totally needs to know Mirror move

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Imiguise in a nutshell.

Also, it totally needs to know Mirror move
Lol, I was planning on doing it, but it wouldn't make sense for a move exclusive to Flying types (except Togepi >.>) to be given to some random Steel type just because it's based around one part of the move's name. Copycat does the exact same thing, and make more sense with the Pokemon, which is why I used it in place of Mirror Move.

Does Imiguise change throughout the battle?
No, which is probably my favourite part of the mindgames. :p Send it in on a Pokemon (we'll use Flygon again), switch it out for anything else, the battle continues, later on you send out your REAL Flygon and surprise your opponent, who was expecting crappy Baton Passing strategies.

The main problem is that if Imiguise took any statuses, or if the opponent was keeping track of your HP, or anything else that might give you away, it fails. But, yeah, gimmick.

@Tery, yeah, Imiguise would stay Flygon, and he would stay Flygon for the rest of the battle, even if you switch. His ability basically never "activates" after Imiguise first comes on to the field (but its effects stay permanently).

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So say Imiguise takes the form of the Flygon, but then your opponent switches out. Imiguise would stay Flygon until it switches back in again?

Also this would be epic lol if you and your opponent had Salamence and your Imiguise became your opponent's Salamence. GG

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Muk yes! Hi IC3R!

You remember the stats for that beast?

Edit: My 3800th post is a welcome post to one of my "Glory Era" PokeCenter buddies.
That's awesome.

-Terywj

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yeah, I actually have a whole spreadsheet I'm working on for it! :)
I still have our old Pokedex and everything lol

Not to mention I could find the old thread in a heartbeat.

I also have a pic of Modellura, Jynx's evolution.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
They seem like cool Pokemon. :bee: Only thing I say that's missing is the TMs and HMs for Crashken, but Wizzerd appears to be planning on adding them.
Thanks! I've added TMs and HMs to Squabblish/Bashquid/Crashken. Granted, I got lazy and gave them all the same ones and added that only Crashken has Giga Impact/Hyper Beam/Hydro Cannon, but yeah.

Imiguise is a pretty cool mindf*ck of a Pokemon. Granted, the stats might need a little buff and could do more to be differentiated, but I basically took round numbers with Squabblish/Bashquid/Crashken and randomly changed them, which isn't much better. My only suggestion is that it might work to give it psychic type (either by Steel/Psychic or Normal Psychic (like Girafarig! :cool:)) since it has a decent amount of psychic type moves for its typing and it has the transformation which is somewhat Psychic-y. Dunno, definitely works this way, but I think Psychic might make sense too if you want.

Moozle

Smash Champion
IC3R! I remember you from Draw with your power :o I think you should draw an evolved form of ariados.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I just realized that Sodcub and its evolutionary line could have some sort of interaction with the Tamboo line. Pandas eat bamboo, right?

What about a new region? I had an idea a long time ago of a region that had towns and cities (and areas) named after herbs and spices. Here are a few names:

Pestle Town
Cinnamon Town
Fennel City
Cilantro City
Rosemary Town
Oregano City
Basil Town
Savory City
Cayenne City
Mint Mountain
Sage Town
Tarragon City
Allspice Island (Pokemon League area?)

Y/N?

IC3R

Smash Lord
I just realized that Sodcub and its evolutionary line could have some sort of interaction with the Tamboo line. Pandas eat bamboo, right?
The only problem with this logic is that Tamboo has a type advantage over Pandark >_>

And yes, I could easily draw Arachaos.

JOE!

Smash Hero
neat drawing IC3R, (and btw, the link in the OP links to that thread XD)

and neat region idea flyin, but lets keep it to the 1st 20 + starters for now, K?

and yeah, Ive hit a roadblock for my tiger idea:

Names @_@

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yes this thing is going to evolve.

Name: Zerocia
Ht-2'4"
Wt-39 lbs
Dex:
Zerocia has been found the ultimate levitator, it has been found flying extremely high, at the edge of the Earth's atmosphere.
Type: Psychic
Ability: Levitate/Serene Grace
Genger: Genderless
Base Stats:
HP-85
Atk-20
Def-45
SpA-65
SpD-80
Spe-55
Total: 350

Level-Up Movepool:
00 Tackle
05 Conusion
09 Double Team
14 Disable
18 Safeguard
22 Psybeam
27 Magical Leaf
32 Zen Headbutt
37 Reflect
37 Light Screen
41 Psych Up
46 Psychic
52 Psycho Shift

TMs:
04 Calm Mind
06 Toxic
10 Hidden Power
11 Sunny Day
13 Ice Beam
16 Light Screen
17 Protect
18 Rain Dance
20 Safeguard
21 Frustration
24 Thunderbolt
27 Return
29 Psychic
30 Shadow Ball
32 Double Team
33 Reflect
34 Shock Wave
42 Facade
43 Secret Power
44 Rest
47 Steel Wing
48 Skill Swap
51 Roost
57 Charge Beam
62 Silver Wind
70 Flash
73 Thunder Weave
77 Psych Up
82 Sleep Talk
83 Natural Gift
85 Dream Eater
90 Substitute
92 Trick Room

Tutor Moves:
Air Cutter
Icy Wind
Ominous Wind
Trick
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Swift
Signal Beam
Tailwind
Gravity
Magic Coat

IC3R

Smash Lord
Just don't make it evolve into 02, and we're covered.

It doesn't look like it has that many moves to take advantage of Serene Grace with. Levitate appears to be the superior choice...then again...it has yet to reach its full potential...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I know where the similarities set in, I made that fakemon a loooong time ago during my Kirby obsession era, and never finished it.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Hahaha. The best I could do with Serene Grace would be Silver Wind spam. 20% chance to raise all stats? F*** YEAH!!!!!

Fun fact: You can't give the starter Pokemon the Flying type without making it x4 weak to another type.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
neat drawing IC3R, (and btw, the link in the OP links to that thread XD)

and neat region idea flyin, but lets keep it to the 1st 20 + starters for now, K?

and yeah, Ive hit a roadblock for my tiger idea:

Names @_@
Actually, the one in the OP (last time I checked) is Bowser's Next Gen. Thread. That was the second time we tried that. The one IC3R linked to is the very first. The original, by Wii4Mii.

-Terywj

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Imiguise is a pretty cool mindf*ck of a Pokemon. Granted, the stats might need a little buff and could do more to be differentiated, but I basically took round numbers with Squabblish/Bashquid/Crashken and randomly changed them, which isn't much better. My only suggestion is that it might work to give it psychic type (either by Steel/Psychic or Normal Psychic (like Girafarig! :cool:)) since it has a decent amount of psychic type moves for its typing and it has the transformation which is somewhat Psychic-y. Dunno, definitely works this way, but I think Psychic might make sense too if you want.
With the stats, I was aiming to create a gimmicky, likely UU-level Pokemon, so I had to give it a total that would be alright but not too OP, while also giving it enough stats spread all around so that it wouldn't get ***** by too much. It just sorta happened that I settled on a number that gave most of his stats 60. :laugh:

And the type, I'm not totally sure lol. It definitely has to be part Steel, since the application of the gimmick wouldn't really work if it didn't resist a lot of types (which is what steel does best). But giving it Psychic would be an all around benefit, since it trades in its 4x weakness to Fighting to neutrality (which is nice), and the neutralities it gains, that were once resistances, aren't all that common anyway. But I'm likely going to stick with Normal/Steel anyways since its unique. :p

EDIT:: I personally would like the Hummingbird Pokemon to be our "Pidgey" line, and have Cranes be our "Spearow" line.
If it's alright with you (and everyone else), I'd like to do the hummingbird Pokemon. :bee:

@Tery, ah, lol. I thought it was kinda weird IC3R was saying "the" Hummingbird. <.>

IC3R

Smash Lord
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Humminoko
Height: 1'3"
Weight: 1.2 lbs

Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Technician/Quick Feet
Gender Ratio: Male 50%, Female 50%
Egg Group: Flying

Base Stats:
HP - 55
Attack - 25
Defense - 30
Special Attack - 55
Special Defense - 40
Speed - 40
(Base Stat Total - 245)

Movepool:

Level-Up:
Lv1: Gust
Lv5: Charm
Lv9: Sonicboom
Lv13: Double Team
Lv17: Whirlwind
Lv21: Mega Drain
Lv25: Featherdance
Lv29: Air Cutter
Lv33: Twister
Lv37: Roost
Lv41: Petal Dance
Lv45: Agility
Lv49: Air Slash

Hummonsupi
Height: 2'1"
Weight: 7.3 lbs

Base Stats:
HP - 70
Attack - 40
Defense - 45
Special Attack - 75
Special Defense - 55
Speed - 55
(Base Stat Total - 340)

Movepool:

Level-Up:
---: Gust
---: Charm
---: Sonicboom
Lv22: Mega Drain
Lv27: Featherdance
Lv32: Air Cutter
Lv37: Twister
Lv42: Roost
Lv47: Petal Dance
Lv52: Agility
Lv57: Air Slash

Hummonsoku
Height: 2'9"
Weight: 10.1 lbs

Base Stats:
HP - 90
Attack - 50
Defense - 60
Special Attack - 115
Special Defense - 80
Speed - 80
(Base Stat Total - 475)

Movepool:

Level-Up:
Heart Scale: Extremespeed
---: Gust
---: Charm
---: Sonicboom
---: Double Team
Lv22: Mega Drain
Lv27: Featherdance
Lv32: Air Cutter
Lv38: Twister
Lv44: Roost
Lv50: Petal Dance
Lv56: Agility
Lv62: Air Slash

TM / HM:
TM06: Toxic
TM09: Bullet Seed
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM19: Giga Drain
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM22: Solarbeam
TM27: Return
TM32: Double Team
TM33: Reflect
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM42: Facade
TM43: Secret Power
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM47: Steel Wing
TM51: Roost
TM53: Energy Ball
TM56: Fling
TM57: Charge Beam
TM58: Endure
TM62: Silver Wind
TM68: Giga Impact
TM70: Flash
TM77: Psych Up
TM78: Captivate
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM83: Natural Gift
TM87: Swagger
TM88: Pluck
TM89: U-Turn
TM90: Substitute

HM02: Fly

Egg Moves:
Astonish - (Fearow, Crobat, Honchkrow, Altaria, Staraptor)
Nasty Plot - (Crobat, Noctowl, Togekiss, Honchkrow, Chatot)
Quick Attack - (Pidgeot, Fearow, Crobat, Farfetch'd, Dodrio, Xatu, Delibird, Swellow, Wingull, Staraptor)
Swift - (Skarmory)
Tailwind - (Pidgeot, Xatu, Pelipper)
Tri Attack - (Fearow, Dodrio)
Twister - (Pidgeot, Pelipper)
Uproar - (Pidgeot, Fearow, Dodrio, Noctowl, Honchkrow, Chatot)
Water Pulse - (Pelipper)
Wish - (Farfetch'd, Togekiss, Xatu)

{Note:: Egg moves have only listed parents that obtain a move naturally, either by level or breeding. Some moves may be obtainable by other means (e.g.: Togekiss learns Water Pulse from TM03, and can breed with this line. Also, I have not listed any fake-gen Pokemon, since they have yet to all be completed.}[/SIZE]

Tutor Moves:
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Ominous Wind
Vacuum Wave
Snore
Swift
Bounce
Endeavor
Heat Wave
Seed Bomb
Twister
String Shot
Tailwind
Magic Coat
Heal Bell
Sky Attack
Headbutt

Bolded Moves have STAB.
Italicized Moves are competitive.

X-Act's Base Stat Rater says:
"This Pokemon is Rank: 4, ABOVE AVERAGE."

Sample Moveset (1):

--Special Agility Sweeper
Hummonsoku @ Life Orb
Timid / Technician
EVs - 64 HP, 240 SpAt, 204 Spd
~Hidden Power [Flying] / Air Cutter
~Giga Drain
~Charge Beam
~Agility

First, start with Agility to boost your Speed to 542, outrunning even Choice Scarfed +Speed Base 115's. Then hit the incoming Pokes with the move of your choice: Tornado for massive STAB, as well as clearing the field of unwanted weather; Giga Drain, boosted by Technician, to cover for incoming Rock-types---doubles as a healing method to brush off Life Orb recoil; Charge Beam, which also gets boosted by Technician, can bump up your formidable 326 SpAt to much more dangerous levels. The only things stopping you are Ground-types and Volt Absorbers, both of which are easily dispatched by HP Flying or Giga Drain. Air Cutter is a valid replacement for HP Flying, sacrificing some slight power for a better chance of achieving a critical hit.

Sample Moveset (2):

---Hot Foot Sweeper
Hummonsoku @ Flame Orb
Timid / Quick Feet
EVs - 4 HP, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd
~Air Slash
~Nasty Plot/Charge Beam
~Energy Ball
~Heat Wave

This one is simple: Nasty Plot, activate Flame Orb, and sweep. Flame Orb will activate Quick Feet, allowing you to outspeed Choice Scarfed neutral Base 90's, and even Timid Electrode! Flame Orb is chosen because Hummosoku doesn't really care much about its abysmal Attack stat, and a Burn does constant damage, instead of increasing damage from Toxic Orb. Also, the Flame Orb allows Hummonsoku to become a status-absorber, so annoying Toxic stallers be ****ed! Nasty Plot will boost your SpAt stat a LOT faster than Charge Beam, but the latter is still an option for a little coverage against Gyarados, hitting about twice as hard as STAB Air Slash. Energy Ball covers for Rocks and Grounds, and Heat Wave covers Steels like the infamous Scizor.

Sample Moveset (3):

---Cleric/Supporter
{In Progress}

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I might be making edits to this...

Despite being referred to as the "New Gen's Pidgey", these Pokemon's stats are actually more comparable to the Starly line, with the Physical and Special spectrums reversed, and the HP and Speed stats swapped. I, of course, slightly modified the amounts so it isn't completely copypasta.

Quick Feet helps with its sub-par Speed. Just tack on a Flame/Toxic Orb and BAM, instant speed boost. Plot up and start sweeping!

With access to <60BP moves like STAB Air Cutter, STAB Swift, Giga Drain, Charge Beam, and even Hidden Power (if done right), this Pokemon could become quite the nuisance with Technician.

*Note: I removed TORNADO from Hummonsoku's movepool for a single reason -- Hurricrane will get it. I also replaced ENERGY BALL with PETAL DANCE in the Level-Up moves column, simply for flavor.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
A hummingbird would make for an appropriate Electric/Flying type, IMHO. Its wings could beat so fast it generates electricity. I could see the similarities with Zapdos, though.

I personally wouldn't associate a little hummingbird with a high HP stat.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's what we thought about bugs. Then Beedrill came along.

Just because it "flaps" quickly doesn't mean it should be electric type. Garchomp can travel as fast as a jet plan according to the Sinnoh Dex, and it's not a Flying-type.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Just because it "flaps" quickly doesn't mean it should be electric type. Garchomp can travel as fast as a jet plan according to the Sinnoh Dex, and it's not a Flying-type.

-Terywj
Of course it can't be Flying-type, it already has Ground and Dragon.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Of course it can't be Flying-type, it already has Ground and Dragon.
Har har.
Charizard is Fire / Dragon / Flying now, by the way.

I'll be completing the Hummsoku line in a bit, when I sort out its movepool and finalize its base stats.
Alright cool. You gonna draw this one?

IC3R, I really think you should join in on SmashCAP especially when we get to the artwork for SmashCAP 2. You're a great artist. :D

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hey, lets make a parasect evolution that is Grass/Bug/Steel type, slightly lowers its defense and special defense and HP, and raises its Atk, SpA, ans Spe to balance it out.

And keep dry skin.

You know what I'm talking about.

IC3R

Smash Lord
lol Ultimario

I think I want the Humm line to have access to moves like Magical Leaf, Energy Ball, and Leaf Storm. That way, it isn't walled by Rocks (though I don't know if I should give it Heat Wave, as that is a Gen IV Tutor move, unless I make it learnable via breeding.

Thoughts?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

Evolves from Zerocia at level 37
Name: Zahcaart
Ht-6'4"
Wt-254 lbs
Dex:
Zahcaart can see into lover's futures, shining red from its gem for ones that will lose their love, and blue who will remain together forever.
Type: Psychic
Ability: Levitate/Serene Grace
Genger: Genderless
Base Stats:
HP-105
Atk-30
Def-75
SpA-80
SpD-105
Spe-65
Total: 460

Level-Up Movepool:
00 Hypnosis
00 Tackle
05 Conusion
09 Double Team
14 Disable
18 Safeguard
22 Psybeam
27 Magical Leaf
32 Zen Headbutt
37 Recover
44 Air Slash
50 Psychic
58 Psycho Shift
65 Extrasensory

TMs:
03 Water Pulse
04 Calm Mind
06 Toxic
10 Hidden Power
11 Sunny Day
13 Ice Beam
14 Blizzard
15 Hyper Beam
16 Light Screen
17 Protect
18 Rain Dance
20 Safeguard
21 Frustration
22 Solarbeam
24 Thunderbolt
25 Thunder
27 Return
29 Psychic
30 Shadow Ball
32 Double Team
33 Reflect
34 Shock Wave
42 Facade
43 Secret Power
44 Rest
47 Steel Wing
48 Skill Swap
51 Roost
52 Focus Blast
57 Charge Beam
62 Silver Wind
68 Giga Impact
70 Flash
73 Thunder Weave
77 Psych Up
82 Sleep Talk
83 Natural Gift
85 Dream Eater
90 Substitute
91 Flash Cannon
92 Trick Room
HM05 Defog

Tutor Moves:
Air Cutter
Icy Wind
Ominous Wind
Trick
Vacuum Wave
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Swift
Ancientpower
Signal Beam
Tailwind
Gravity
Magic Coat
Heal Bell

You know. Not-so-great stats, absolutely amazing abilities and movepool.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I ran Zahcaart through the Base Stat Rater.

It looks like things are balanced out pretty well. Only slightly above average stats, amazing movepool.
Will probably be something like a great UU.

Top Bottom