• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

IC3R

Smash Lord
For some reason, I want to see Trucoster/Nochestalk be of the "Amorphous/Fairy" egg group. That way, it can breed with the usual ghosties (and Gardevoir :)), and also get jiggy with the Clef's and the Toge's...

If you're iffy about the stats and movepool you put out for them, I can help with that.
I have about a million resources and ideas to use for either varied or specified movepools. ;)

*Is still working on the hummingbirds*

JOE!

Smash Hero
Oh, and now the best artwork in the thread

just wanna point out that this is wrong.

it is not official artwork for him, more like just a picture of a golem to rep him.

it would be his "artwork" if it were made specifically for him.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Just wanted to contribute something to this; it seems like a pretty cool project. Well, I feel the fire starter should be defensive, as there has never been a defensive fire starter. I'll see if I can come up with something soon.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
The PC tends to die during the day. It was like this yesterday as well until like, 3:30 pm(EST) and then it picked up again.

But I personally do think it would have been better if you just screamed PIKACHU! and left it at that. ;)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well **** it then I'm going to make one then. I have the ability to do that here, y'know ? ;)

Granted, that's what I meant by my comment in the first place. Someone could easily make it.

And sorry about the mockery. I didn't notice you said 'Just saying' and then I thought it fit my post well so I said it. So...sorry about that. :\

IC3R

Smash Lord
Tuskorch actually looks like it could be pretty defensive, despite being weak to some of the most common moves in the game (Surf, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Shadow Ball, Crunch). It actually has the right moves in order to make up for it: Lava Plume, Will-o-Wisp, Calm Mind, Reflect/Light Screen, etc.

At least it can beat the other Fire starters, as long as they aren't carrying Stone Edge and/or Earthquake.

A decent SubCM set would make this Pokemon somewhat formidable:

Tuskorch @ Leftovers
Bold / Blaze
EVs - 216 HP, 252 Def, 40 SpDf
~Lava Plume
~Power Gem/Grass Knot/Earth Power/Hidden Power [Elec]/[Dragon]
~Calm Mind
~Substitute

The second move is up to preference; whatever you prefer NOT coming in to stop you. Power Gem hits every other Fire Pokemon for at least neutral, and hits flyers (like Gyarados!!!!) for SE, and isn't resisted by Latias; whilst HP Electric would hit Gyarados harder, it leaves you wide open to Dragons and Swampert, who could Roar you away without a second thought; Grass Knot hits Swampy, and nails other Water types pretty well, and trips up incoming Rocks and Grounds; Earth Power hits Fire types harder than Power Gem, and gets Heatran on his x4 weak, also hitting Tyranitar for SE; or, you can play it extra-safe by using HP Dragon, hitting every Pokemon for at least neutral damage, except for Heatran.

Trick Room sweeping looks like a fun idea:

Tuskorch @ Life Orb
Quiet / Blaze
EVs - 224 HP, 32 Def, 252 SpAt
(IVs - 0 Spd)
~Fire Blast
~Psychic
~Earth Power
~Trick Room

Trick Room and sweep with Life Orb-boosted attacks coming off 348 SpAt. Rawr. The above set is resisted only by Lunatone, Solrock, and Latias. lol @ the first two

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
It could also go SubSalac, but it's not viable in OU play anyway thanks to how many things could still potentially outspeed and KO it (Heatran I'm looking at you, you stupid *****).

I hate ScarfTran. Can't you tell?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Finally decided on names, and got what i think may be an OK movepool going for my tiger starter :bee:

Kittorch

Kittorch is the first form of Flarekhan. It resembles a small, red tiger cub, with only 2 stripes on his back, flame-shaped tufts on it's tail and ears, and a small, gold rimmed purple gem on it's forehead. At this stage, it is still only a Fire-type Pokemon.

Height: 2'2"
Weight: 53.9 lb

Type:

Ability: Blaze
Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male / 12.5% Female
Breeding Group: Ground
Evolves Into: Pyreline at Level 18

Base Stats:
HP: 66
Attack: 35
Defense: 42
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 46
Speed: 61
Total: 310 BST

Level-Up Movepool:

1: Scratch
1: Leer
8: Ember
10: Fire Spin
14: Quick Attack
19: Copycat
25: Agility
29: Swift
34: Double Team
42: Will-o-Wisp
49: Flamethrower

Pyreline

Pyreline is the evolved form of Kittorch. It is slightly larger, and sports more stripes, which are beginning to form into almost rune-like shape, especially around it's eyes. The gem remains on it's forehead, as well as another appearing on it's tail as well. It gains flame like tufts on it's paws as well.

Height: 3'8"
Weight: 103.5 lb

Type:

Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male / 12.5% Female
Breeding Group: Ground
Evolves Into: Flarekhan at Level 30

Base Stats:
HP: 78
Attack: 49
Defense: 54
Special Attack: 83
Special Defense: 56
Speed: 85
Total: 405 BST

Level-Up Movepool:

11: Ember
18: Confusion
20: Reflect
24: Light Screen
29: Lava Plume
35: Hyper Voice
42: Psychic

Flarekhan

Flarekhan is the final evolution of Kittorch. A fully grown tiger like Pokemon, it sports many stripes resembling mystical runes, as well as large, flame like tufts of fur on it's tail, paws, and slightly on it's neck. Two new gems have placed themselves on it's front paws, joining the two on it's head and tail as sources of it's mystical power. It's eyes also have become pupil-less.

Height: 4' 6"
Weight: 250 lb

Type:

Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male 12.5% Female
Breeding Groups: Ground

Base Stats:
HP: 92
Attack: 68
Defense: 72
Special Attack: 115
Special Defense: 73
Speed: 115
Total: 535 BST

Level-Up Movepool:

30: Heat Wave
36: Lucky Chant
43: Extrasensory
49: Magma Storm
56: Skill Swap
63: Overheat
75: Future Sight

TM Movepool:

TM04(Calm Mind)
TM05 (Roar)
TM06 (Toxic)
TM10 (Hidden Power)
TM11 (Sunny Day)
TM12 (Taunt)
TM15 (Hyper Beam)
TM16 (Light Screen)
TM17 (Protect)
TM19 (Giga Drain)
TM20 (Safegaurd)
TM22 (Solarbeam)
TM23 (Iron Tail)
TM29 (Psychic)
TM30 (Shadow Ball)
TM32 (Double Team)
TM35 (Flamethrower)
TM38 (Fire Blast)
TM42 (Facade)
TM43 (Secret Power)
TM44 (Rest)
TM45 (Attract)
TM53 (Energy Ball)
TM54 (False Swipe)
TM56 (Fling)
TM58 (Endure)
TM61 (Will-O-Wisp)
TM65 (Shadow Claw)
TM70 (Flash)
TM76 (Stealth Rock)
TM77 (Psych Up)
TM82 (Sleep Talk)
TM83 (Natural Gift)
TM85 (Dream Eater)
TM87 (Swagger)
TM90 (Substitute)
HM01 (Cut)
HM04 (Strength)
HM05 (Defog)
HM06 (Rock Smash)
HM08 (Rock Climb)

Move Tutor Movepool:

Blast Burn
Headbutt
Psycho Cut
Fury Cutter
Outrage
Trump Card
Spite
Swagger
Guard Swap
Superpower
Uproar
Zen Headbutt

Breeding Movepool:

Role Play
Flare Blitz
Metal Claw
Bite
Gravity
Trick
Crunch
Curse
Recover

IC3R

Smash Lord
Wtf happened to not competitive? We're clearly not trying to make 150 pokemon perfectly tuned to competitive battling.
Of course we'll still have some utterly useless Pokemon. Look at Porcuprine (no offense to its creator); the best it can do is CB Hustle, and its Speed is crappy enough to where it's not going to sweep much.

Talltale

Talltale is the evolved form of Farfetch'd.
I already got dibs, punk :mad:
I even have a sprite!!!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Of course we'll still have some utterly useless Pokemon. Look at Porcuprine (no offense to its creator); the best it can do is CB Hustle, and its Speed is crappy enough to where it's not going to sweep much.
None taken. ;)

That's actually the first time that thing's been commented on anyways. And after all, as a com-mon you can never really expect too much out of it.

And I like that Talltale sprite of yours, IC3R.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Picture
Who's that Pokemon?
I really want to sprite this.

The question is when I'll get to it.

Is it me or are half the sprites going to be in my style or somthing, because I'm just overhauling on sprites?

IC3R

Smash Lord
its a bit late now, seeing as you never claimed it before DM posted
I would like to direct your attention to the below posts.

I have one: Aut'thaer (sounds like "out there"); because what's Farfetch'd (farfetched) is Aut'thaer (out there)!
I have two sprites of my Farfetch'd evo, Aut'thaer.

What'cha think?
Are you sure I didn't claim it?

I have an Excel data sheet on it, if you would like to see it.

Also, +1 Tuskorch.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hmm, the battle of Fire/Psychic starters...I've taken a little liking to Neofant/Ilumiphant/Tuskorch since they've been around longer...I don't think I can decide yet.

On another note, I think I've come up wth a nice idea for a Levitating Fire/Steel type. I might post some concept art in a bit, but some help on movepool/stats would be nice. We all want a Levitating Fire/Steel type, don't we? :dizzy:

JOE!

Smash Hero
I would like to direct your attention to the below posts.

Are you sure I didn't claim it?

I have an Excel data sheet on it, if you would like to see it.

Also, +1 Tuskorch.
2 years ago, and you never mentioned it in this thread

it was fair game.

IC3R

Smash Lord
2 years ago, and you never mentioned it in this thread

it was fair game.
Then I suppose I'll have to put my own version up, and we'll vote on whose Farfetch'd evo gets in, since post age doesn't seem to matter.

(Also note I came in a page after he posted, when I just happened to be poking around the forum...)

[/*****ing]

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
We could always vote on which Farfetch'd evolution we like more, too.

Ninja'd.

And Joe...I thought I might like to call it to your attention that your final evo has Overgrow and not Blaze. Might want to fix that. :laugh:

You're also using my final evo's name and your pre-evo's name for yours during the voting. I'm not sure if you noticed that, but I thought I'd point it out in case you hadn't.

I'm not voting for either, as I think they both have an equal shot of winning (plus Joe hasn't voted either, and I think that's only fair :) ).

JOE!

Smash Hero
oops, i used DM's little model like Wizz did for his starter thanks for pointing it out XD

and im using that cus of the fact they both have torch for lulz :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Will work on the pre-evo later (I'm planning on one) but here's a Pokemon called...Chaotik

Chaotik
Type: Psychic / Dark
Ability: Mindful / Guts
Mindfield - When a Pokemon with the ability Mindful is affected by a status, the Pokemon ignores the status effects and it's Special Attack is increased by 30%.
HP: 80
Atk: 80
Def: 80
Sp Atk: 112
Sp Def: 120
Spd: 108
(BST: 580)

Offensive movepool includes: Psychic, Dark Pulse, Night Slash, Pursuit, Shadow Sneak, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Flamethrower

Support movepool includes: Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Reflect, Light Screen, Baton Pass, Trick, Healing Wish, Bulk Up, Agility, Recover

Image: Picture a dark rogue-esque figure with a light purple aura on its forehead. I'll draw it maybe later.

Viable sets include:

Mindful Sweeper
Chaotik @ Life Orb
Mindful / Timid
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Psychic
~ Dark Pulse
~ Aura Sphere
~ Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Recover
A great switch-in on status abusers like Venusaur. Psychic / Dark / Fighting provides great neutral coverage, while Thunderbolt provides a strong attack against Skarmory. Flamethrower however scores supereffective damage on Bronzong and Scizor. Recover can be used to restore Life Orb recoil and damage.

Bulky Chaotik
Chaotik @ Leftovers
Guts / Impish
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
~ Bulk Up
~ Recover
~ Psycho Cut
~ Night Slash / Pursuit
Base 80 Attack isn't too shabby, and Bulk Up just increases Chaotik's duration. Bulk Up improves his Attack and Defense while Recover keeps him fresh and healthy. Psycho Cut is your primary move, along with Night Slash as secondary STAB since Psychic isn't all too great coverage-wise. Pursuit hurts runners hard.
Calm Mind can be used in place of Bulk Up, and replacing the physical moves with special moves.

Baton Pass
Chaotik @ Leftovers
Mindful / Calm
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Nasty Plot / Calm Mind / Agility
~ Baton Pass
~ Reflect / Light Screen / Psychic
~ Reflect / Light Screen / Psychic
Chaotik has access to great stat-up moves, so Baton Passing them to a more powerful sweeper is always welcome. It can also setup both screens to defend the receiver, while Psychic ensures Taunt users don't run you over.

-Terywj

Moozle

Smash Champion
I really like the idea of the tiger and the gems and what not, but I'm going to say tuskorch because the elephant idea is a bit more unique, and I can see it having a much better chance at being bulky than a tiger (and boy do i love bulky pokemanz :p)

JOE!

Smash Hero
(no offense for the following, kupo)

While true a bulky fire type hasnt been done before, you got to look at the other starters we have:

Pandark and Crashken

one is a giant evil panda, the other is Cthulhu The Kraken that beats you up.

both have good defenses (moreso Crashken as Pandark is more balanced in terms of stats).

what we'd have here is 2 buly types and a Balanced...evil panda

with the tiger we have Balanced->Fast and Heavy hitter->Slower bulky Cthulhu

Top Bottom