• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

JOE!

Smash Hero
got a question:

what happens if it has self-inflicted status things?

like thrash (confuse) or rest? (sleep)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
"Gloguide"
(need suggestions)

(two different views)​

Type: Fire / Steel
Ability: Levitate / Flash Fire

HP: 80
Atk: 75
Def: 110
Sp Atk: 100
Sp Def: 80
Spd: 80
BST: 525

Evolves from Glochin when traded with a Metal Coat
Class: Lantern Pokemon
Height: 2'0''
Weight: 70 lbs.
Colors: Its frame is copper brown; its panels are usually pale yellow with light. Its eyes are red-orange.
Pokedex Entries:
- Legend has it that Gloguide was brought to life from an ordinary lantern by a protective spirit. Its face can appear on any of its four sides.
- It can spout fire from the bottom of its body. Its soothing light is said to bring fortune and protection to households that it resides in.

Level Up Moves:

- Ember
- Safeguard
- Lucky Chant
4 Rapid Spin
10 Confuse Ray
14 Light Screen
19 Flame Wheel
24 Mirror Shot
30 Metal Sound
34 Wish
39 Extrasensory
44 Flash Cannon
49 Healing Wish
54 Overheat

TM Moves:

Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Light Screen
Protect
Safeguard
Frustration
Solarbeam
Thunderbolt
Return
Psychic
Double Team
Reflect
Shock Wave
Flamethrower
Fire Blast

Rest
Attract
Overheat
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Endure
Will-o-Wisp
Embargo
Explosion
Rock Polish
Flash
Stone Edge
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Psych Up
Captivate
Rock Slide
Natural Gift
Dream Eater
Swagger
Substitute
Flash Cannon
Trick Room

Move Tutor Moves

Trick
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Magnet Rise
Swift
Heat Wave
Iron Defense
Rollout
Pain Split
Gravity

Egg Moves (Indeterminate Egg Group):

Extrasensory
Wish
Healing Wish
Memento
Will-o-Wisp
Curse
Trick
Hypnosis
Disable

Random picture of Talltale

Also, I vote for Tuskorch (tusk + scorch)

IC3R

Smash Lord
The story of Farfetch'd:

After four generations of existence, Farfetch'd had been among the most useless Pokemon to ever be. The mocking grew with each passing year, tearing away at the Pokemon's heart. Heartbroken, it finally decides 'Enough is enough! I MUST have a greater purpose than a life of ridicule!'

Fed up, Farfetch'd departs on a long journey of self-discovery. After days of travel, it comes across a monstrous mountain, filled to the brim with perilous trials. Weary and weak, Farfetch'd overcomes them with much difficulty, and its reward is revealed: at the peak of the mountain sat a pedestal, on which rested the Ancient Leek, a weapon fabled among its kind. Farfetch'd proudly claims its hard-earned prize, and finally collapses from exhaustion.

We find the duck-like Pokemon in a distant meadow, training with a renewed vigor. After weeks of fine-tuning its skill with the fabled weapon, its latent potential is revealed: the ability to use Ancientpower, summoning old earthen forces to attack. With the discovery of this prehistoric power, Farfetch'd explodes in a blinding light. It begins to change: its head-feathers lengthen, its body grows, and strange marks appear on its wings.

Farfetch'd has transformed into one of the forgotten Ancient Birds: Aut'thaer. Its strength multiplied; its senses heigthened; its agility increased. Aut'thaer could feel enormous amounts power coursing through its body, 'This must be my true form. I can feel the energy of everything around me: every rock; every tree; every river; even the air around me. They are calling to me, begging me to use them. Very well, then...'

Summoning the forces of nature was an easy feat for the duck's new form. It performed Ancientpower again, summoning the earth around it. With a second motion, the earth scattered into dust, and blew in every direction. 'So, I am able to do more than just call upon mere stones; sandstorms are more simple to create than they look.' It then ordered the dust to cease motion, and fell to the ground.

With a wave of its wing, Aut'thaer drew water from a nearby puddle, and gathered it front of itself. The Pokemon used its new power to expand the water, turning it into a large aquatic orb. It commanded the orb to shoot into the clouds above, darkening them instantly. Aut'thaer then ordered the water to fall, creating rain. 'Amazing...I wonder what else I can do...' Aut'thaer raised its wing, and swung it downward like lightning, summoning the very thing he mimicked. 'Lightning will strike at my command! Let's see...'

The Pokemon flapped its wing in circular motions causing the rain to fall in swirling patterns. The dripping water began cooling rapidly, turning into snow, and eventually into hail. 'Snowstorms are a cinch! Abomasnows would be jealous...' Satisfied with its newfound power, Aut'thaer waved its wing a final time, causing the ice to evaporate and the clouds to flee. The sky was clear, and the sun shone brightly; the soaked and frozen ground immediately warmed and dried.

The duck departed from the beautiful meadow with a smile stretched across its beak: 'The world around me is my power--my weapon. The elements are mine to command and control. Earth, water, and air await my bidding, and I shall not keep them waiting long. I believe it is time I returned home...'

And so, Farfetch'd began ****** the metagame...
The end.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Aut'thaer

Height: 3'3"
Weight: 52.4 lb

Type: Fighting / Flying
Ability: Overexert* / Marksman** (replacing Inner Focus/Keen Eye)
Gender Ratio: 50% Male 50% Female
Egg Group: Field / Flying

• *Ability: "Overexert" - If an attack used by Aut'thaer has Base Power greater than or equal to 100, the damage dealt is increased by 30%. Aut'thaer then takes recoil damage equal to 1/10 of its max HP, rounded down to the nearest integer.
  • **Ability: "Marksman" - Ignores the foe's evasion modifiers. In addition, this ability increases the accuracy of Aut'thaer's moves by 10%.
(Note: Farfetch'd evolves into Aut'thaer when it learns Ancientpower at Lv49, which it won't learn unless carrying the Ancient Leek* item.)

• *Item: "Ancient Leek" - A hold item used by Aut'thaer (it has no effect on Farfetch'd, aside from allowing it to learn AncientPower). It increases the holder's Attack and Special Attack stats by 20%, and also increases the chances of the holder achieving a critical hit.

Base Stats:
HP: 82
Attack: 105
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 93
Special Defense: 77
Speed: 85
(Base Stat Total: 512)

Movepool:
Regarding the movepool: When Farfetch'd evolves into Aut'thaer, it is unable to re-learn the moves it would have as a Farfetch'd (i.e.: Agility, Night Slash, Slash, etc.), gaining an entire new level-up movepool! You better have the level-up moves you want before Fetch'd hits Lv49.

Level-Up:
---: AncientPower
---: Nature Power
---: Secret Power
---: Hidden Power
Lv49: Leek Slap*
Lv54: Future Sight
Lv61: Extrasensory
Lv70: Weather Ball
Lv75: Meditate
Lv82: Cross Chop
Lv91: Focus Energy
Lv100: Aura Sphere

• *Leek Slap - Flying - Physical
    100 Pwr - 80 Acc - 5 PP
    Effect: Has a high critical hit ratio (12.5%)

TM / HM:
TM04 - Calm Mind^
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail^
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM14 - Blizzard^
TM15 - Hyper Beam^
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance^
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solarbeam^
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM25 - Thunder^
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break^
TM32 - Double Team
TM37 - Sandstorm^
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM47 - Steel Wing
TM51 - Roost
TM52 - Focus Blast^
TM53 - Energy Ball^
TM54 - False Swipe
TM58 - Endure
TM62 - Silver Wind^
TM68 - Giga Impact^
TM71 - Stone Edge^
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM81 - X-Scissor^
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Pluck
TM89 - U-Turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM02 - Fly
HM04 - Strength^
HM06 - Rock Smash^

Egg Moves: (All obtainable through Smeargle.)
Covet
Curse
Featherdance
Flail
Foresight
Gust
Leaf Blade
Mirror Move
Mud-Slap
Night Slash
Steel Wing

Tutor Moves:
Air Cutter
Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Last Resort
Mud-Slap
Icy Wind^
Omnious Wind
Zen Headbutt^
Snore
Swift
Uproar
Heat Wave
Mud-Slap
Superpower^
Twister
Sky Attack^
Headbutt

Bolded Moves have STAB.
Italicized Moves are competitive.
^Indicates a move Farfetch'd is unable to learn, not including level-up moves (around 21 total).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Get *****.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Terywj: Chaotik's name makes me think of this:

Although the Pokemon is much cooler.

@IC3R: Farfetch'd does learn Leaf Blade via egg move in HG/SS. Oh, so many Farfetch'd evolutions! <3 Farfetch'd.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I think the lantern Pokemon should be named "Gloguide".
Also, Illuminate would probably be more appropriate than Flash Fire, in my opinion (plus, we already have that *****, Heatran).

On a related note, it strikes me to be Fire/Ghost type, instead of Fire/Steel, especially since the flavor text suggests it may have been brought to life by a spirit.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Also, Illuminate would probably be more appropriate than Flash Fire, in my opinion (plus, we already have that *****, Heatran).

On a related note, it strikes me to be Fire/Ghost type, instead of Fire/Steel, especially since the flavor text suggests it may have been brought to life by a spirit.
I like the sound of "Gloguide"; very appropriate (and better than my tentative name, Flikari).

Illuminate would make more sense, but the reason I chose Flash Fire was because I imagined "Gloguide" would be able to absorb fire attacks and glow brighter. I'll think about it, though.

Fire/Ghost also makes sense, but I just wanted to rise to the challenge of creating a Levitating Fire/Steel type. :p

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
(no offense for the following, kupo)

While true a bulky fire type hasnt been done before, you got to look at the other starters we have:

Pandark and Crashken

one is a giant evil panda, the other is Cthulhu The Kraken that beats you up.

both have good defenses (moreso Crashken as Pandark is more balanced in terms of stats).

what we'd have here is 2 buly types and a Balanced...evil panda

with the tiger we have Balanced->Fast and Heavy hitter->Slower bulky Cthulhu
Actually, we have had bulky fire types before. They've just been cursed with the defensively horrible Fire-type and had nothing to really do with the bulkiness. To never have a bulky Fire starter, however, I will agree with. And that's exactly why I did what I did with Tuskorch. I purposely ignored what the Grass and Water starters were going to be and did my own thing, because I didn't want to see the next Fire starter be a stereotypical quick powerhouse like it tended to be in the past. Love me or hate me for it, that was the plan. Plus I'm a firm believer in nothing ever truly being set in stone. We could easily see other Grass or Water (or even Fire) starter ideas pop up, and they may just blow us away enough to call for an open poll again.

Oooo...spooky ghost lanterns. I like. :) And I also agree with Illuminate for a second ability. It makes more sense, even if it doesn't do anything for battling.

The first time I said anything about making a Fire/Steel type with levitate, I imagined an oven with wings.

And if you Google "oven with wings" you get a whole bunch of pictures of buffalo wings. <.<

IC3R

Smash Lord
I personally think we should have a speedy Water starter.

Water Starter's Base Speeds
Blastoise - 78
Feraligatr - 78
Swampert - 60
Empoleon - 60

Pathetic.

I suppose I shall have to remedy the problem...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Oooo...spooky ghost lanterns. I like. :) And I also agree with Illuminate for a second ability. It makes more sense, even if it doesn't do anything for battling.

The first time I said anything about making a Fire/Steel type with levitate, I imagined an oven with wings.

And if you Google "oven with wings" you get a whole bunch of pictures of buffalo wings. <.<
Hmm...I'm torn; Ghost-type is definitely cool (and Fire/Ghost would be new), but I also wanted to give Fire/Steel a friendlier face (:urg: Heatran). I will probably be changing Flash Fire to Illuminate (which makes Levitate even more desirable, eh?).

I Googled "oven with wings", yummy.

@IC3R: I agree. *does research*

IC3R

Smash Lord
Personally, I would choose Fire/Ghost with Levitate because it has 4 immunities, not to mention two great STABs. Even with 80 Base Speed, it's quite capable of sweeping, or supporting. It pretty much resists or is simply immune to a majority of priority moves, Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch being the only super-effectives.

On the flipside, Fire/Steel grants it a single immunity (although Levitate would grant a second, fixing the x4 Ground-weak), and a lot more resists. Steel isn't as great a STAB move (unless your name is Jirachi or Metagross), but it at least hits Rocks super-effective.

If Gloguide were changed to Fire/Ghost, its movepool would have to be slightly altered, because the ability to use Rock moves as a Fire/Ghost, and NOT using Shadow Ball is just weird x__x (Not to mention it would look strange anyway.)

Fire/Ghost sweeper:

Gloguide @ Life Orb
Hasty / Levitate
EVs - 56 Att, 200 SpAt, 252 Spd
~Fire Blast
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power [Fighting]
~Explosion

Hits a large amount of Pokemon hard with STAB Fire Blast and Shadow Ball. HP Fighting does a ton of damage against Tyranitar, hits Normals and other incoming Darks for super effective, and keeps Heatran from utterly walling you. Use Explosion when at low health, especially when against a special wall like Latias or Blissey, or even when pitted against a Pokemon that easily destroy Gloguide, giving a teammate a free switch-in.

i liek pogeymanz

EDIT:: I'll be working on a speedy Water starter.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

IC3R

Smash Lord
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

???
Height: 1'8"
Weight: 21.1 lbs

Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male 12.5% Female
Egg Groups: Monster / Water 3

Base Stats:
HP: 55
Attack: 64
Defense: 49
Special Attack: 39
Special Defense: 44
Speed: 58
(Base Stat Total: 309)

Movepool:

Level-Up Moves:
---: Wrap
---: Withdraw
Lv6: Water Gun
Lv10: Peck
Lv15: Poison Sting
Lv19: Bite
Lv23: Clamp
Lv28: Detect
Lv32: Rest
Lv37: Whirlpool
Lv41: Poison Jab
Lv46: Hydro Pump

???
Height: 3'5"
Weight: 84.2 lbs

Type: Water/Fighting
Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male 12.5% Female
Egg Group: Monster / Water 3

Base Stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 84
Defense: 69
Special Attack: 47
Special Defense: 57
Speed: 73
(Base Stat Total: 405)

Movepool:

Level-Up Moves:
---: Water Gun
---: Peck
Lv16: Mach Punch
Lv20: Bite
Lv25: Clamp
Lv31: Detect
Lv35: Rest
Lv40: Counter
Lv46: Poison Jab
Lv50: Hydro Pump

???
Height: 7'9"
Weight: 146.7 lbs

Type: Water/Fighting
Gender Ratios: 87.5% Male 12.5% Female
Egg Group: Monster / Water 3

Base Stats:
HP: 90
Attack: 112
Defense: 92
Special Attack: 66
Special Defense: 81
Speed: 93
(Base Stat Total: 534)

Movepool:

Level-Up Moves:
Heart Scale: Aqua Jet
Heart Scale: Ice Fang
---: Water Gun
---: Peck
Lv16: Mach Punch
Lv20: Bite
Lv25: Clamp
Lv31: Detect
Lv35: Rest
Lv36: Thrash
Lv41: Counter
Lv48: Poison Jab
Lv54: Crunch
Lv59: Hammer Arm

TMs / HMs
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM49 - Snatch
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Pluck
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM05 - Whirlpool
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM07 - Waterfall
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg Moves:
Monster:
Charm - (Venusaur, Snorlax)
Iron Head - (Marowak, Tyranitar, Aggron, Bastiodon, Garchomp)
Outrage - (Charizard, Kangaskhan, Tyranitar, Garchomp)
Power Whip - (Venusaur, Lickilicky)
Skull Bash - (Venusaur, Blastoise, Marowak, Rhyperior)
Yawn - (Blastoise, Slowbro/king, Snorlax, Swampert, Slaking, Abomasnow)

Water 3:
Ice Shard - (Cloyster, Lapras, Abomasnow)
Mud Sport - (Blastoise, Slowbro/king, Kingler, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Swampert Crawdaunt, Armaldo)

Both Groups:
Knock Off - (Tentacruel, Kingler, Lickilicky, Omastar, Kabutops, Crawdaunt, Armaldo, Drapion)
Pursuit - (Snorlax, Tyranitar, Slaking, Rampardos, Drapion)
Whirlwind - (Snorlax, Tropius, Rampardos, Drapion)
Wring Out - (Tentacruel, Lickilicky, Omastar, Kabutops, Meganium, Cradily)

Tutor Moves:
Hydro Cannon
Dive
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Vacuum Wave
Zen Headbutt
Snore
Swift
Uproar
Ancientpower
Gunk Shot
Iron Head
Mud-Slap
Outrage
Signal Beam
Superpower
Twister
Block
Headbutt

Bolded Moves get STAB.
Italicized Moves are competitive.

Sample Moveset (1):

Triple Priority
??? @ Leftovers
Adamant / Torrent
EVs - 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Def
~Aqua Jet
~Mach Punch
~Ice Shard
~Sword Dance

Simple enough: SD up to get that mighty +2, 710 (or +4, 1065) Attack stat and start knocking foes out before they know what hit them. With three priority moves at its disposal, ??? won't need the Speed it usually has. Instead, those EVs can be poured into HP, to help sponge blows and allow for longer sweeps, aided by Leftovers. With plenty of bulk, and with coverage only resisted by Tentacruel, or the rare Slowbro or Shedinja, not many Pokemon are going to be able to take repeated shots before this Kraken is taken down.

Sample Moveset (2):

Speedy Sweeper Squid:
??? @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Adamant / Torrent
EVs - 4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spd
~Waterfall
~Superpower
~Ice Punch
~Stone Edge

With a neutral nature and max Speed, ??? will be able to outspeed positive-natured Base 80s like Gardevoir (who could one-shot ??? otherwise with Psychic) by a single point, and sweep with as much power as it can manage. The above set is completely unresisted, and will put a rather large dent into most physical walls. The Choice Band requires a little prediction, but the rewards are great; however, the Life Orb is a viable option as it sacrifices slight power for significantly more freedom.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

My personal revision for a Kraken Pokemon, Water starter. The original Crashken had a bunch of moves that didn't make sense (Dragon Claw, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, etc.), and it was missing many auto-TMs (Double Team, Facade, Captivate, etc.). Not to mention the level-up moves were WAAAAY out-of-whack...

Anyway, here you go: a FAR more balanced speedy-squid.

Also, what do you guys think about my epic story/FARFETCH'D EVOLUTION!!!!!!! on the previous page?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
>.>

Well, if you say so... I haven't done this before...

I'll vote for Kittorch even though it won't make a difference at this point.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Also, what do you guys think about my epic story/FARFETCH'D EVOLUTION!!!!!!! on the previous page?
It further solidified my belief that you actually got the name from the word Aether, which means heaven in Greek, I believe. :) Though the name is still 'Aut'thear' (or whatever you spelt it like). Geddit?

And by the way people, what do you think of this move?

Hydra Crash
Water-type
120 BP
100% Accuracy
User takes 1/3 the damage dealt as recoil.

Essentially the Water based move of Flare Blitz, Wood Hammer, Volt Tackle, and Double-Edge. It's not a signiature move, just something to give the final starter type a heavy-hitting move.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Gyarados for god tier.

Just sayin'
im starting to regret making this thread...

i mean, i thought people would be coming up with neat, creative pokemon...not fillers for holes in the metagame/ ways to make their favorites stronger...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
@Terywj

Essentially the Water based move of Flare Blitz, Wood Hammer, Volt Tackle, and Double-Edge.
I recall that every recoil move is physical at this point, correct me if I'm wrong, but....

Also, I'm flyinfilipino's sprite *****. I love his art style so much, its so simple, so perfect. I just have to sprite all his ****.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

i mean, i thought people would be coming up with neat, creative pokemon...not fillers for holes in the metagame/ ways to make their favorites stronger...
Nooooooo...this is fun! We can be creative and still have some depth, just like real Pokemons!

Also, I'm flyinfilipino's sprite *****. I love his art style so much, its so simple, so perfect. I just have to sprite all his ****.

Aww, thanks! :bee: Once again, another spot-on sprite! Love the glowey-effect.

IC3R

Smash Lord

You could just ignore them. After all, this is the SWF POKEDEX Thread, not an AttackDex thread.

The only reason a new move should be posted is if it applies to a certain new Pokemon, like Leek Slap does for my Fetch'd evo, or how Tornado will be key in Hurricrane's movepool (Twister = lame).

I'm going to finish tweaking Levisparce, Dunsparce's evolution, and that's probably all I'll do regarding Pokemon from previous generations...at least until we get a Pokedex full of NEW Pokemon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This dex obviously is OK to have a decent handfull evos and pre-evos of old Pokeon seeing as all dexes do.

Also, why hasn't a Kangaskhan Pre-evo been done here yet? I'd think that would be thre FIRST thing to come to people's minds.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Well, when I said full, I didn't mean all 150, of course. Anyway, no one bother making another Fighting family, because the Machop line has been in every game, appearing rather early.

And aren't we supposed to be working on the first 20 anyway? o0
I've taken care of our "Pidgey/Starly", and I revised the Water starter. I'll probably do Galeark and Hurricrane and that will be it for now.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'll probably sprite Hummonsoku when I'm bored.

After that, I'm making a 3-stage bug Pokemon that sucks butt.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Gyarados for god tier.

Just sayin'
Gyarados doesn't have to get it. :p

Yay for encouragement.

And besides, there's no reason why these new creative Pokemon we're thinking up can't also be good in the metagame. And not even all of them are good competitively.

EDIT: Oh, and Terywj, it is physical. Aren't all of them that way? Except Volt Tackle in the 3rd. gen, of course.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Joe!, I think you need to update the OP, badly.
----------
Here's what I've come up with as a final form for the Bug-type of the New Gen.

Miltropod (evolves from Centropod, which evolves from Detropod)
Type: Bug / Dark
Ability: Shed Skin / Quick Feet
HP: 45
Atk: 111
Def: 111
Sp Atk: 45
Sp Def: 50
Spd: 98
BST: 460

Resembles a giant centipede with large mouth pincers and no eyes. It's body is covered in a shell and it's coloring is a dark almost blood red.

PokeDex Entry 1 - Shown to have evolved from ancient centipedes, Miltropod gather together at night in underground nests for food and shelter. It usually acts hostile towards humans.

PokeDex Entry 1 - The shell of Miltropod hardens as it ages. The shell provides protection in the sun, as well as providing it with camoflauge when it scurries on the ground.

Offensive movepool includes: Bug Bite, Crunch, Poison Fang, Pursuit, Zen Headbutt, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Gunk Shot

Support movepool includes: Toxic, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Gastro Acid

Physical Pod
Miltropod @ Leftovers
Shed Skin / Jolly or Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Bug Bite
~ Crunch
~ Fire Fang
~ U-Turn / Rest
Decent Attack and Speed make Miltropod an okay sweeper. Bug Bite and Crunch provide STAB, while Fire Fang is a weak answer to Steel-types. U-Turn is a great scouting move, but Rest can be used in conjunction with Shed Skin for a strong(ish) recovery.

Quick Feet
Miltropod @ Leftovers
Quick Feet / Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Bug Bite
~ Crunch
~ Fire Fang
~ Ice Fang / Zen Headbutt / U-Turn
Quick Feet renders your worry about Miltropod's average Speed as it skyrockets, allowing you to attack with ease. Bug Bite has the extra bonus of stealing held Berries, and along with Crunch and Fire Fang provide decent coverage. Ice Fang helps hit Dragon-types, while Zen Headbutt nails Fighting-types spot-on.

Defensive
Miltropod @ Leftovers
Shed Skin / Impish
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Atk
~ Rest
~ Substitute / Protect
~ Toxic
~ Bug Bite / U-Turn
Base 111 Defense isn't all too bad, either. Rest along with Shed Skin is beneficial, while Toxic spreads status amongst your enemy. Substitute or Protect can lend a hand in stalling, while Bug Bite can deal damage while stripping away any Berries. U-Turn is also a useful scouting move on this set.

-Terywj

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Eh, Terywj, I think his BST's too high. Is this meant to be that three-stage useless Pokemon that we find at the start of the game? If it is then it should be ~385.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Eh, Terywj, I think his BST's too high. Is this meant to be that three-stage useless Pokemon that we find at the start of the game? If it is then it should be ~385.
Oh Muk really? I never noticed that.

Well we can keep it, just save for another useless Bug-type.

All of them Bug-types pretty much are. Yep. Yes I'm looking at you, Scizor.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've decided to reverse my order and do the useless bug before I sprite the Hummingbird.

So haha, since I'm making sprites I win.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Oh! Oh! I want to make a bug too! Not for the three-stage thing though. I want to make a Water/Bug that STAYS Water/Bug when it evolves.

Actually...on second thought, I may not even make it evolve. It'll be the Pinsir/Heracross of the 5th Generation. Hollaaa.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've decided to reverse my order and do the useless bug before I sprite the Hummingbird.

So haha, since I'm making sprites I win.
Okay. Was I ever competing with you? The answer is no.

I just spawned that up in my mind, but as Running Riot said, it's BST is too high for the typical "early Bug-type," so it'll be later on.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
But we're both making centipede thingies, I started before I saw your post, however.

Top Bottom